April 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Loose Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by sucker4makeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder. I have combination skin (forehead is oily) and when I use this powder to set my foundation, I rarely need to touch up or blot my face all day. It really does add a polished look to your face. Per the advice of many, I apply mine with a sponge and it works beautifully. Great stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2008 3:49:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is so beautiful. Two things I love about it: I have extremely oily skin from using benzoyl peroxide to clear up my skin and I can say for the first time I have found a powder that will actually soak it up! If you love the fresh feeling your skin has when you first put on your makeup but dread getting the oily nasty feeling you should try this because it literally absorbs all the oil for hours on end. I just worked for 8 hours and my makeup is actually fresh and clean looking. I did have to dab midday but only very lightly and it was not necessary like it usually is for me. I'm not sure how it works but somehow it does! Second, I lovvvvve the color, it is so natural and perfect and absolutely zero oxidization! this is usually hard to come by for me because my face heats up and gets redness very easily but there is no change in the color. The color you put on is the color it stays! It almost looks like I'm not wearing face makeup at all. I was happy when i purchased it because the lady at sephora told me this is her favorite powder and she has never found any other! Her skin looked so gorgeous as well. I had to actually my shade (Eden) at nordstroms, it is a perfect match for my beige pinkish yellow skin. I'm half asian and half white so i have both tones and this just looks perfect. I also love the huge box it comes in because you can tap your brush on the side without losing any powder. So glad i got this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by budapest

I don't even look for other loose powders anymore. In terms of shades, finish, oil-control, and feel on the skin, this powder is the best I've ever tried. It can even make a crappy foundation look great when you use it on top to set. And the packaging may seem cumbersome at first but I got used to it and now I can't use those annoying screw top loose powders anymore. The big container gives you room to tap away the excess powder from your brush without wasting it. I use Eden which is good for light to medium skin with yellow undertones.

Also, while the $34 price tag may seem expensive, I calculated the price per gram and compared it to a drug store loose powder (Neutrogena healthy skin) and it's actually comparable. You get a whopping 45g from Nars (and pay about $0.75 per gram) while you get 20g from Neutrogena (and pay about $0.60 per gram).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

Nars Beach is my HG face powder. It melts into my skin and never looks cakey. It's worth every penny considering how much is in the container. I've been using it for 6 months so it looks like it will be a yearly purchase. Application is a breeze. I put the plastic insert with the holes over the powder and put the screen on top. Then I shake a little into the lid and apply with a brush. For travel, I filled up an old mineral powder container and put a puff on top to keep the powder in place. I have bought a few cheap pressed-powder compacts since purchasing this and nothing compares. They got tossed, this is the keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is good stuff. "Flesh" matches my skin tone perfectly. It really softens the appearance of my face, and mattifies nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 9:33:00 AM More reviews by AxlsRose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great loose powder, does the job whilst disappearing into your foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by NettabooNOLA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok. I've been using this for a few months now, so I can honestly say it's the best loose powder out there. I've done every brand from Macy's...Mac, Clinique, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Fashion Fair, Dermablend...and a few more too. I'm NC50 or NC45 and I wear this in Mountain. I don't use Nars foundation....no reason I just never tried them. However I can wear this powder over any brand foundation and it makes it better. It's not too cakey, doesn't oxidize to funky colors and has a lil extra coverage too. It's knda pricy, but you get a lot of product. I do tend to spill some, but no more than I would with any other powder. I use either my 187, 109, or 183 brush apply and all work wonderful. And for my WOC no ashiness at all from this. The color range doesn't go too dark, but if you shade falls in range try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by fashion10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews I decided to purchase this. For reference I'm NC45. I bought Mountain. The coverage is good I ended up returning it. It didn't do much, no glow, color has a little more of a yellow undertone

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

After reading many reviews, I finally (and very recently) switch from a MAC compact powder to NARS loose powder in Eden and so far I quite like it!

I found MAC too dry and powdery on the skin, but the NARS blended right into my skin and gave it a softer complexsion. It doesn't make my skin look airbrush, but the color is definitely more even and suttle. And after a day at work, my face doesn't look too oily or blemishy.

It's a bit on the pricier side ($42 Canadian plus tax) but they give you a generous size portion. The packaging is tricky to use (very prone to spilling out) but I can always move it to another container.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Jmorton07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this powder a couple weeks ago and so far, I'm loving it. It does a great job of setting the rest of my makeup and controlling shine, but not making my face too matte. I have it in Eden and it's a nice color that tones down redness. It's nice sheer coverage that I layer over my tinted moisturizer, although if I could wear just this alone. I would buy it again, although the amount provided will last a long, long time.