NARS Loose Powder

4.4

talc, silica, polyethylene, zea mays [zea mays (corn) starch], nylon-66, isopropyl myristate, disodium edta, dimethicone, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, /- may contain : mica, ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides) ci 77891 (titanium dioxide) ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green).

on 3/13/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

just purcsased a couple weeks back and i am in a real real serious love!!!! feels and looks amazing, lasts for ages and the quality is just a must have for everyone!!!! and you got 45g for your money it is a bargain.... def repurchase..if it ever runs out:) i cannot and don't want to carry the big box everywhere but i got a really great refillable brush for this purpose so daytime touch ups will make no problems:DDD the colour is just flattering, as i have cool pink undertones and it's pretty hard to find a good product without the orangey or yellowy... so it is just perfect:)) highly recommended!!!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in Eden and it's one of those things I cannot live without!! A light layer of the loose powder over my makeup is all it takes to keep me matte the WHOLE day. It blends in so well and looks very natural. I bought it a very long time ago and it doesn't look like it's going to finish anytime soon, so it's also great value for money! I absolutely love this!!!

on 3/8/2009 2:21:00 PM

I just bought this in flesh! I thought I'd like to go for snow, but it was much too pale and white for my skin. The texture is really nice and it doesn't irritate my dry sensitive skin..so far!

After reading so many positive reviews here on this product, I'm happy now to write my own. This is a silky powder that stays put and looks great! It's pricey but will last FOREVER (I'll never have to repurchase). The woman in Sephora gave me a great tip: when you first buy it, punch ONLY three small holes in the top and tilt over your powder brush. Otherwise, the packaging will be a messy nightmare. Overall, great product for a nice finishing touch.

on 12/26/2008 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my HG powder. I have combination skin (forehead is oily) and when I use this powder to set my foundation, I rarely need to touch up or blot my face all day. It really does add a polished look to your face. Per the advice of many, I apply mine with a sponge and it works beautifully. Great stuff!!!

on 12/18/2008 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is so beautiful. Two things I love about it: I have extremely oily skin from using benzoyl peroxide to clear up my skin and I can say for the first time I have found a powder that will actually soak it up! If you love the fresh feeling your skin has when you first put on your makeup but dread getting the oily nasty feeling you should try this because it literally absorbs all the oil for hours on end. I just worked for 8 hours and my makeup is actually fresh and clean looking. I did have to dab midday but only very lightly and it was not necessary like it usually is for me. I'm not sure how it works but somehow it does! Second, I lovvvvve the color, it is so natural and perfect and absolutely zero oxidization! this is usually hard to come by for me because my face heats up and gets redness very easily but there is no change in the color. The color you put on is the color it stays! It almost looks like I'm not wearing face makeup at all. I was happy when i purchased it because the lady at sephora told me this is her favorite powder and she has never found any other! Her skin looked so gorgeous as well. I had to actually my shade (Eden) at nordstroms, it is a perfect match for my beige pinkish yellow skin. I'm half asian and half white so i have both tones and this just looks perfect. I also love the huge box it comes in because you can tap your brush on the side without losing any powder. So glad i got this!

on 10/31/2008 5:49:00 PM

I don't even look for other loose powders anymore. In terms of shades, finish, oil-control, and feel on the skin, this powder is the best I've ever tried. It can even make a crappy foundation look great when you use it on top to set. And the packaging may seem cumbersome at first but I got used to it and now I can't use those annoying screw top loose powders anymore. The big container gives you room to tap away the excess powder from your brush without wasting it. I use Eden which is good for light to medium skin with yellow undertones.

Also, while the $34 price tag may seem expensive, I calculated the price per gram and compared it to a drug store loose powder (Neutrogena healthy skin) and it's actually comparable. You get a whopping 45g from Nars (and pay about $0.75 per gram) while you get 20g from Neutrogena (and pay about $0.60 per gram).

on 10/30/2008 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Nars Beach is my HG face powder. It melts into my skin and never looks cakey. It's worth every penny considering how much is in the container. I've been using it for 6 months so it looks like it will be a yearly purchase. Application is a breeze. I put the plastic insert with the holes over the powder and put the screen on top. Then I shake a little into the lid and apply with a brush. For travel, I filled up an old mineral powder container and put a puff on top to keep the powder in place. I have bought a few cheap pressed-powder compacts since purchasing this and nothing compares. They got tossed, this is the keeper.

on 10/22/2008 1:42:00 AM

This is good stuff. "Flesh" matches my skin tone perfectly. It really softens the appearance of my face, and mattifies nicely.

on 10/18/2008 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a great loose powder, does the job whilst disappearing into your foundation.

Recommended for Normal Skin