April 16, 2014 | 923 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in a mini size and I was excided to try the marker tip eyeliner.

At 1st I was very disappointed because the color was not pigmented at all. I shook it, pressed it, whacked it etc.... and it felt like there is just not much liquid inside. So I just put it to the side for few days.

Few days ago I reached for it again, just to play around, and the color was a rich, true black. I've been using it for about 4 days now, and it stays put like nothing alse. The tip makes the application incredibly precise.
I love this liner because I have to really get between the follicles of my eyelishes which is hard to do without a needle point liner. It also allows me to make an exceptionally controlled line all the way to my tearducks
Another big bonus is that this doesn't leave an imprint on my upper eyelid, it does not transfer at all, and I have oily lids. Prior to this I always had to apply shadow primer and color tones shadow to prevent transfering.

I will definately repurchase the full size

And if the color isnt coming out as pigmented, give it some time for the liquid to fully seep into the brush after you open the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a sample set from Sephora and at first didn't even touch it because I never had much luck with pen liners. But I didn't want to go through my urban decay so fast so I decided to give this a try. O boy was I glad I did. It is pretty black and still working for me. It has a precise tip which is a must for nee because I always do winged liner. Though liner liquid leaks from some hole in the side sometimes

UPDATE:
I have since ran out of my mini liner which took forever to do and recently purchased the full sized I have no problem with the leaking anymore and im not sure of mine is a different type but mine has a brush tip not felt always has on the trial and full sized

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by princess101

My first liner from the Kat Von D line and I am somewhat disappointed. This liner is not as rich and pigmented as I'd hoped, nor is it water-resistant. This would appeal to those looking for a very fine tip pen-style liquid liner, as it is great for precise line work and beginners. Those looking for the water-resistant aspect will have to seach elsewhere. This is smudgeproof for regular daywear, but definately flakes/fades/runs upon contact with water. I will not repurchase this again, as there are far better options available at a more reasonable price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by laishelby

Love love love this eyeliner!
I've been using this every day for over 2 months and it hasn't run out or dried out!
The tip is very pointed so application is precise.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by xoaida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is amazing eyeliner! The first one I bought however dried out in less than 2 weeks. Luckily Sephora has amazing customer service, and replaced mine for free.

If you are eyeliner challenged like me, this is the product for you. It is literally fool proof and you will come out with a perfect winger liner every single time. The lasting power is also unreal, this does not budge.

Just make sure to store it upside down!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Walke202

I have tried all different types of liner - pencil, liquid, gel, and I was never satisfied with the way that it looked on my eyes and ended up wiping it off. I got the tattoo liner just a little while ago, and waited a bit to try it, but when I did I was thrilled! It makes a very precise line, and stays on all day without smudging. I can wing out my liner and it actually looks nice! Even though it stays on well, it's easy to wipe off with make up remover without rubbing and irritating your eyelid. I'm a huge fan of this eye liner. I spent $18 and I have to say I think it was worth it. I definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Beatmadl

I totally love this eyeliner!
It's absolutely foolproof and goes on really nice and easy, which is really important for me. I'm not a newbie when it comes to eyeliner, but sometimes can find it really difficult to find a product that's easy to apply.

No Q-Tip needed to erase any unevenness.
Also it lasts all dat long without smudging.

I do prefer Pen Liners in general, though.

It's a bit pricey, but in my opinion totally worth it. Unfortunately we don't have it in my country (Austria) so I stock up every time I'm in the US.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by loriann52

I am pretty disappointed in this liner, as I had super high hopes for it. It definitely has pros and cons, but for me it just isn't worth the $22 I spent on it. I don't dislike it enough to return it, but I won't be buying it again.
I bought this liner for the sole reason that it was supposed to be waterproof. It definitely is NOT waterproof. If your eyes tear up a little tiny bit, it doesn't really affect it, but any more than that and it'll be completely wiped out. They really should not be able to market it as a waterproof product, because it definitely is not.
It does have good qualities too though- it goes on in a very thin line, and is very easy to apply. The black could be a bit darker, but the colour is still fine. It also lasts better than most liners- I find it more smudge-proof.
So if you're looking for an eyeliner that goes on easily and doesn't really smudge I would recommend this, but if you want something truly waterproof, I would not.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My search for the perfect eyeliner has finally ended. I think it's safe to say this is up there with my Holy Grail of all eyeliners. I usually do a cat eye everyday, with every make up look I use, especially because I wear fake eyelashes. Due to the eyelashes, and I guess allergies my eyes tend to get watery. When I use a regular liquid eyeliner, any hint of water and it smears everywhere. I also have really small eyes and small eyelid room and it gets onto the top of my lid too. I also love shimmery shadows and the only liquid liner that stays black even when I wear my shimmers and sparkles is the almay liquid eyeliner...up until now! This pen is not only more convenient and easier, but it's faster! I love the bristles and how thin and sharp the point is, so it's easy to get into the inner corners of my lid and it doesn't make it super thick. It also is very water resistant! When my eyes water, it does NOT transfer! My only complaint is that it doesn't stay black when I wear shimmery eyeshadows, which is basically everyday. I'm a bit disappointed but when I wear this with matte eyeshadows it stays black and it stays put. I can't say much about how quickly it dries out since I've only had it for a few weeks, but it's really a great quality pen eyeliner. The only downfall is that my eyeshadow sometimes makes it less black and the glitter falls out on it. really one of the best pens i've used aside from the Stila eyeliner pen. I like this brush better, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by melodyramm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this eyeliner its very easy to use if your a beginner at doing the cat eye/winged eye look and it stays all day and does not smudge!!! I will definitely keep buying this product its well worth the money <3