August 23, 2014 | 1071 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

I loved the way this smelled on the magazine scent strip, but when I got a sample from Sephora and sprayed it on me, I just did not care for it. It actually reminds me of something my mom used to wear when I was a little girl. It smells nice but just didn't work on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband bought this perfume for me for easter!!! yes, im a lucky girl :-)
From the moment i first sniffed this in a magazine sample I was hooked, sneaking moments during shopping to run into the pharmacy or perfume store to steal a sniff or 2 of this gorgeous scent.
Its definitely heavy on the damask rose which always used to remind me of the more mature lady but YSL have successfully engineered a perfume with damask rose for the younger generation & its perfect.
True, it may not last all day like some perfumes but i find reapplication is actually a treat!! This scent wafts for minutes once you have left a room.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew27

I've read so much about this perfume and the hype surrounding its launch really got my hopes up that it would be my next big fragrance love. Sofia Grojsman and rose - it had to be soft, powdery, and a head-turner! What it turned out to be, upon first sniff, was a watery mix of artificial berries and watercolor roses. I applied it only to a test strip and didn't give it another thought. I think my disappontment stemmed from the fact that this was not an in-your-face, sweet, powdery rose as much as it's predecessor, Paris, and I didn't really give it a chance on my skin.

Almost a year later, I stumbled upon another review for Parisienne, which described it as a powdery violet-rose. Powder? Violet? How had I not discerned those aspects when I had sampled it months ago? Intrigued for the second time, I found myself sampling it again, searching the aisles at Sephora (not affiliated) for a gift for a friend. While I found my beloved Flowerbomb might be a bit much for her, and Daisy might be a bit sharp and soapy, I thought Parisienne might just be perfect...sweet and floral, yet slightly woody upon my second test strip sniff.

I purchased a bottle for her and tossed it in a bag along with some other gifts. Later that night, upon opening the bag, I found a wonderful, dusty-violet accord wafting up into the air around me. I tore open the packaging and sprayed it on my skin, my pillows, my hair. I had to purchase another bottle for my friend :)

I've read that French women do not expect their perfumes to last an entire day...they adore cosmetics and perfume, and don't mind re-applying throughout the day. It is only an American expectation that the perfume should provide a lot of bang for the buck when it comes to lasting power. How appropriate, then, that this perfume is a throwback to the French woman. This perfume DOES NOT last for hours. You WILL need to reapply. I could not imagine shelling out what I've paid for higher-end Guerlain perfumes for Parisienne, considering that I expect to go through the bottle so quickly as it just does not last; however I picked up the one ounce bottle for $39 and it's perfect for my purse and (I think), rather a steal at such a price. What I've discovered about Parisienne is that this perfume starts out with a blast of berries and rose - more fruity than floral. But...wait for it...the woody violets bloom within minutes and what you're left with is a sultry, very vintage-feeling, very classic woody-floral, veiled by a touch of powder and a whisper of giggling berries that eventually fades to, well...light pink.

I'll see how I feel after my bottle is depleted, but I can imagine having this in my collection for years to come. It's not a come-hither scent. In fact, I'm going to a masquerade tonight and it would be the last of the perfumes I'd grab to leave an impression. This is a scent that a woman should wear for herself - it's subtle, like carrying around an exciting secret - like that new love affair that's just begun and you're hesitant to speak about because you don't want to jinx it.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:19:00 AM More reviews by jdlynch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review on the Sephora sample. I didn't think I would like this which is why I ordered a sample instead. Well let me just say that I am in *love* with this fragrance. First spray, I smell a fresh bouquet of roses (not a cheap bathroom deodorizer). Then it dries down to a wonderful sweet smell. Its addictive!! The problem is it doesn't last but it is beautiful without being offensive or strong. Definitely a wonderful summer office or wedding day scent. I will be purchasing the full size bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by cocopetite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's one of my favorite perfume. I smelled it in a magazine and told it to my boyfriend. So, I received an ensemble as a Christmas gift from him ! I have a bottle of perfume, a little bottle of shower gel and a little one of body lotion. I wear it on special occasions, and I got positive comments, it's really girly. My cousin told me that I smelled like a cartoon (doll) called Fraisinette in French (I don't know how it's called in English !). The only negative comment concerns the lasting, it doesn't lasts as long as I want (oh, and it's pretty expensive).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by gypsyeyz

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aaaahhhhh, roses. I first encountered this lovely fragrance in a magazine sample, and never forgot about it. I mentioned to a dear friend that I thought it was luscious and beautiful, and surprise! A gift set of lotion, a purse spray flacon and a 3 oz bottle of it arrived for my birthday. The bottle is so beautiful, like cut crystal. The first whiff is sweet - candy-smelling, and dries down to soft roses and powder. I wear this during the day, in the spring and summer. It makes me want to put on a beautiful, fun summer dress and walk in the sunshine. It's wonderful layered, and reminds me of walking through my rose garden on a warm summer morning. I love it. Thanks so much, Cyn.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this fragrance. I got a sample of it from Sephora and tried it over several days. It's sweet, slightly powdery, with a full-bodied & musky drydown. Reminds me of the candy, Flavigny Violet Pastilles. Ironically, I didn't purchase a full size because I think this fragrance is a bit too heavy for daytime, and these days, my schedule doesn't allow time for night-out activities.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by 093274000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yves Saint Laurent's Parisienne is marketed as what a beautiful parisian woman would smell like after a late night rendezvous with a big bouquet of roses. Yup, an orgasm spurred by roses.
Ridiculous marketing aside I think Parisienne is actually a pleasant scent. Although it is just an inoffensive vanillic/ berry/lychee scent it still is something that is quite wearable...just don't wear it when you want to make a statement. Perhaps wear it to somewhere were you want to appease others and be liked.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by abatnamedtwitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is quite possibly my favorite fragrance ever. I smelled it in a magazine back in novemeber and this feburary I broke down and bought it. I also bought one for my friend. It doesnt last too very long, after about three hours its almost undetectable, and what little bit I am getting is much softer than the initial tartness. But I will continue to buy this bottle after bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by marysusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice scent, but I got bored with it quickly. Will keep and use occasionally, but not sophisticated and intriguing enough to become a favorite.