November 23, 2014 | 2118 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by mylifemylove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i try so many foundations and because my skin is more oily even though it is combination I have trouble finding a foundation that works for me. You do have to work to make sure it is blended in but I have porcelain-ivory and t is a perfect match for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation when I forgot my normal foundation (MAC Studio Sculpt in NC25) and did the best I could to match it with me in the shop without any samples (ended up with Nude which is extremely orange:( . The colour looked great but when I tried it on it dries darker. Still suits me okay now that it's summer where I am but I found that really disappointing, I find the colours are a little hard to match to yourself (they seem extremely orange and quite deceiving) However the formula is AMAZING. I love how it glides on to your face SO smoothly and gives up to full coverage without feeling heavy on the face and blends out like an absolute charm. I don't like how there's no pump on the bottle however it wouldn't stop me from buying if I'm able to find a good match. It's my favuorite formula yet for a foundation, doesn't budge either!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used a lot of different foundations and I always come back to this one. I wear the color Nude which is spot on with my skin tone (yellow undertones). I don’t think I will stray anymore and stick to this one its amazing . The coverage is full for me and I have acne scars. It also lasts longer than Revlon colorstay. It makes my skin look flawless. It's also not difficult to remove like the colorstay foundation and it has not made me break out. On my skin it goes on matte. I love it and I have repurchased it lots of times.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence with this foundation, it took me a long time to come to a final conclusion. Being a dry/combination skin gal, perhaps a heavy duty and long wearing matte foundation isn't the most ideal, however I do have those days where I do prefer a more "done up" look as opposed to using my NARS Sheer Glow and Clinique Even Better which offers a satin finish and natural dewy glow respectively. I currently am in the shade Caramel, I did use the word "currently" as my complexion alternates through seasons so at the moment I'm more of an NW43/45 which is ironic as my natural skin tone's an NC45 and it's winter... anyway, this foundation offers medium to full coverage and a matte finish, I often find that this looks a little too matte for my liking and just doesn't look natural, oilier skin types may enjoy the use of this however I'm a bit unsure about this one for myself. It has yellow undertones which is a plus as nowadays it's difficult to find cheap foundations for dark skintones that aren't red especially in the UK. It also has a pump dispenser which is fantastic however I don't usually use this a lot, not really a spirit lifter when I see it on to be honest haha. I usually stick to the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24h when I want a matte finish, unfortunately this isn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So i am starting to build up collection of foundations. I cannot find a shade that matches me correctly from drugstores. In the future im going to have invest some more on higher end foundations with more shades because this is ridiculous.

Anyways, to continue my rave/rant on this product, i will talk about the shades. There arent that many shades, about 7 or something? Anyways they run from light to deep shades but not many inbetween. My skin tone in between medium and dark with very yellow undertones. I have no hint of red or neutral undertones so finding foundations is a pain. I got this in caramel and it is too dark. I swatched medium but it was a shade to light. I could grab medium and mix it with caramel but i wont do that for other reasons that i will list later. Caramel has yellow and red undertones with makes orange. So i go from loooking like a simpson to looking like an oompa loompa. I have to mix it with my black Radiance color perfect foundation in the lightest shade Butterscotch (the only foundation i have that matches PERFECTLY). The reson why i bought superstay was so that i could stop mixing my foundation with the black radiance because the quality of it is poor. I have to mix them evenly which causes me to loose the staying power of superstay. It still turns out a bit dark but i correct it with powder

The lastng power of this is a bit dissapointing. it lasts about 6 hours on my oily combo skin. It wont hold up will in hot humid climates. I use loreal magic blah blah bah primer (its a long name....), elf mist and set, and elf hd powder. It look as flawless a it looks in the morning, but it still looks pretty good. There has not been anything to save me from my oily nose. After 4 hours the foundation is thin on my nose.

This foundation is good for normal to oily skin. It gets dry here in florida as winter is arriving. some areas of my skin get a bit dry, but ive had not problem with flakeyness. This hold up pretty good on my oily spots, but not as long as i would like it too. I think this wouldbe really great for normal skin though.

The coverage is meduim full. One layer covered most of my scars and blemishes and a second gives me almost full coverage. its not heavy unlike some medium full coverage foundations (im looking at you colorstay....). The reason why i wouldnt buy this again is because of the colorselection. But overall, i dont think this is a terrible foundation

EDIT (7/29/13):
I have tried a couple other foundations since using this. I stopped mixing it with the Black radiance foundation because that foundation is just terrible. you can see my review on that. I then uses a little bit of superstay and mixed it with loreal true match. it matched a little better. then i tried it with my MAC Pro long wear foundation and then i ended up mixing pro longwear, true match, and superstay just to get it to match. I got sick of it. So i no longer this. I use Nars Sheer Glow

Also, "Transfer Resistant" my a**!!! I think the whole name superstay is a big exaggeration for this product. It's very mediocre, it just did not live up to the claims

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by bluebelleyes

I've been using this foundation religiously for over a year. I have severe acne, and after trying countless foundations, this is the longest lasting on my oily skin. I use over colorstay photoready primer, and under Maybelline dream matte powder. It's nearly full coverage, and although I have severe scarring and active breakouts, a thick layer of this usually suffices to cover my blemishes without concealer. It does stay on very well, through rain, kissing, etc. It does not crease easily at all. However...it has it's downfalls aswell. The final texture of this foundation is very, very matte. It doesn't make my skin appear youthful, or allow any natural glow to shine through. It does not build well. Once it dries, trying to add another layer (without very careful, time consuming blending effort) usually results in the bottom layer clumping together. It accentuates the fine hairs on my face. It dries my skin out (which is good or bad, depending on your skin type.) It clogs my pores (although less than many other foundations). I combat some of this by often mixing in some of a thinner, more luminous foundation or brightener, which helps. The bottom line is: this foundation stays, gives full coverage, and matches my skin tone perfectly (no pinkish-orange tints thankfully) , looks dry, clogs my pores and ages my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by britneylikeschicken

This was my first liquid foundation. I felt really washed out when I put this on even though the shade matched my skin tone. I dont know how to explain it but i just felt really cakey and ashy? The packaging is horrible and its very messy.
I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin too because it will make you look flaky and i found this foundation hard to blend. It left me with patches and streaks. Sorry to all those who are a fan of this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by bextxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this as my first liquid foundation quite some time ago now maybe the beginning of this year? When I went to the store I had previously done some research on foundation I might possibly buy and watched a video of Lisa Eldridge (who is an amazing make up artist btw) who said that if it was possible take a sample home of the foundation and try it on at home in daylight before purchasing. So I went to the store with my mum and took home four samples from the testers of different foundations in wee containers and I didn't know if we were allowed but oh well! I felt like this foundation had the best colour match.

Now that I've had it for much longer, I think the colour (I got True Beige) is a little too orange for my skin. Naturally the skin on my mid face around my cheeks is fairer than my neck, forehead and body so I tried to get something that matched with the darker parts of my skin. I think this colour is a little orange and in some lighting looks a little pink for my asian skin. I think this foundation would be good for normal/slightly oily skin because when I have a few dry patches on my skin from rashes that I get quite often on my face, the foundation sticks to the flakes of skin which thoroughly annoys me! haha I think this foundation is okay coverage wise but not terrible good. a birthmark on the right of my face is still quite visible and I mostly use this foundation as something that gives a bit of colour and life to my face as I said before that parts of my face are lighter. Overall an alright foundation but I'd like to find a better one thats still a reasonable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was like the first foundation I used. It could be slightly orange but it stayed on and blended well. People told me it looked natural and on my face did not look orange. But to me it felt thick like a mask. I only need light coverage and I was much happier with my department brand lightweight foundation and was fine shelling out 35 instead of 10 to 12 for this because I don't wear foundation so often so it will last me a while. I hate feeling like a cake face so even if I did need to wear foundation daily I would splurge.

But if I needed ds foundation jn a pinch I would consider this although I might try other brands b

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

First off, let me start on the product claims:
-withstands heat, sweat, and humidity
-no-transfer: won't rub off
-flexible, breathable, all-day comfort
-oil free- non pore clogging
-suitable for all skin types

My experience:
i've been currently using maybelline superstay for about two weeks now and i must say, i wish i would've tried this earlier. for long wearing makeup, it does last for a while with minimal transfer. i wouldn't know if it lasts 24 hours like the bottle states because i only wear it for 9, but compared to other long lasting foundations i've tried such as revlon colorstay and estee lauder double wear maximum coverage, i like this better. this foundation is medium to full coverage, and will easily cover acne scars and acne without much trouble. this is great for me because i have lots of acne scarring from constantly picking at my face. As for oil control, it does fairly well in heat. i'm not going to lie, oil does shine through by the end of the day but it doesn't look disgusting or repulsive. it gives your skin a beautiful dewy look rather than sweaty and gross, and this is coming from a combo/oily gal who generally likes her foundation matte and flat. far as i can tell, no oxidation has occured either so that's a plus =] i have this in classic beige and i'm an nc30-35 in mac and creamy tan in estee lauder. i don't exactly know the price since this was a gift from the boyfriend but i think it's around 8-9 dollars, pretty cheap. If you're a fan of revlon colorstay but don't want the offensive smell and heavy/cake-like feeling then i highly suggest you try this!