LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.6

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm on the fence about this one. I used to use it day and night all over my face as a spot treatment. I've never washed my face with it because the lady at lush said it worked much better as a spot treatment for acne.
Well it did make my skin dry, but not to a super dry point.
I couldn't say it dramatically helped my acne, but it did help it somewhat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I looove this product! I had mild acne problems and would get minor breakouts everyone month and since using Grease Lightning i can clear it up fast. It makes my skin feel smooth and fresh, i feel none if the tightness other people say they feel, and i have fairly sensitive skin. I recommend this product to anyone who wants to get rid of spots fast and have smooth, healthy feeling skin!

I've tried so many spot treatments and I always get that annoying dry flakiness around my acne spot that I put it on. Yes, they dry out the pimple, but the skin around it also gets dried out too. And then when I try to cover it up with concealer it just looks worse. This spot treatment is the only one I've tried that doesn't do that! And it's effective! I use about half a pump every night an spread a thin layer over my whole face, kind of like a serum or a treatment. In just 3 days I saw amazing results!!

This is the first lush product I have tried and so far I am extremely impressed! I will most definitely be repurchasing. Also, it doesn't sting like most acne spot treatments do, so it you have sensitive, acne-prone skin I would recommend this for you. This reduces redness very quickly and also soothes those painful pimples. Although it is slightly pricey, it's worth every penny. I love love love this product!!!

This is a good product. However, I only gave it a rating of 3 because it can EASILY be made at home and it works just as well. Start with purified water, add the essential oils and shake. Apply with cotton ball multiple times a day. Works great and saves money!

on 2/29/2012 3:59:00 AM

It irritated my skin and made it worse. I don't think it's good for those with sensitive skin

on 2/23/2012 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Apart from the aloe vera, I think that most of the ingredients in this product aren't supposed to be great for your skin because they are too irritating (tea tree, lavender etc) and for that reason I try to avoid using this product very often. However, I still think that this is the best product I can find to instantly take the redness and swelling out of a pimple. I don't have bad skin but I occasionally get a big old painful red pimple, for some reason before a big night out or an important event! When this happens, I pat on Grease Lighting on the pimple only (taking care to avoid this surrounding skin because it can make your skin feel really tight) and while it doesn't totally disappear, it does make it noticeably less red and swollen within an hour or so, making it easy to then cover up with a bit of concealer. I find that BP is a better spot treatment in general because it's less drying and i can use it on larger areas, but the treatment takes longer and it's not a quick fix. This product on the other hand probably wouldn't be great to use a lot of on a regular basis, but for a quick emergency treatment it is pretty great.

on 2/5/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this didnt really do much to get rid of blemishes, and when it dried it made my skin feel tight which meant i had to apply more moisturizer. it was soothing and gentle though, good to reduce redness.. i may buy it again but only for that. i didnt really like the packaging mainly because you can never get out the right amount - most of the time loads comes out at once and it ends up being wasted.

on 1/29/2012 12:52:00 AM

Actually got this as a sample when I purchased the CW mask. It definitely reduces the redness but the tightness on my skin takes some getting used to. I find that the jar packaging is definitely something that will make me not want to get the product in full-size, but instead of using my fingers, I have started using half a q-tip to put it on instead. Seems to be a better way to put on this type of product anyways.

Overall better then using 2.5% BP (my previous treatment), more natural and much better when your skin is super sensitive.

Edit:
After a few months of using this under my face cream, I found that it has sort of lost its powers. Did not even end up finish using the entire bottle. Compare to the power of the fresh masks, this is definitely not as good. Also spoke to a sales rep at one of the stores, may not been powerful enough for my skin type.

on 1/12/2012 12:07:00 AM

it works really well for spot treatment, for sure is not gonna just disappear right after u put on, but within 2 days, i can see the redness is reduce, and its like mostly gone!. i use it with the tea tree water, feel great! with in short amount of time i can see different from my skin.
The only down side for me is it is not in a tube!(well, i guess LUSH just hate tube. haha) sometime it could be hard to control the amount.

I love this stuff! There are various uses for it, which I love. I use it as a spot treatment, and while it doesn't magically vanish acne spots it definitely helps shrink them and reduce some of the redness. I use it all over my face under moisturizer, which really helps to tighten up the appearance of my pores & reduces the redness in my face. I also use it after shaving my bikini line & it does wonders to help sooth & get rid of razor burn and all those pesky little red bumps. It's a little pricey, but totally worth it. Highly recommend!

Popular Treatments (Face)