August 1, 2014 | 1375 users online

Treatments (Face) - LUSH - Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by conilamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it works really well for spot treatment, for sure is not gonna just disappear right after u put on, but within 2 days, i can see the redness is reduce, and its like mostly gone!. i use it with the tea tree water, feel great! with in short amount of time i can see different from my skin.
The only down side for me is it is not in a tube!(well, i guess LUSH just hate tube. haha) sometime it could be hard to control the amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I love this stuff! There are various uses for it, which I love. I use it as a spot treatment, and while it doesn't magically vanish acne spots it definitely helps shrink them and reduce some of the redness. I use it all over my face under moisturizer, which really helps to tighten up the appearance of my pores & reduces the redness in my face. I also use it after shaving my bikini line & it does wonders to help sooth & get rid of razor burn and all those pesky little red bumps. It's a little pricey, but totally worth it. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2011 6:09:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

this product has been the best i've tried at fighting sudden, unexpected breakouts. it doesn't irritate and it works wonderfully at reducing redness around breakouts too. it's a little expensive but a little goes a long way. definitely would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Gillybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A bit of a mixed bag.
It really does help with the big, red, angry spots. However, it made every other form of acne for me worse. My blackheads and whiteheads got bigger and seemed to breed. People say to only put a dab on a single spot, but a single pump squirt can cover your entire face, so it's a waste if you're only going to dab a little on your spot.
The dispenser is also flawed. It would come out so fast and hard it would spray off my finger and end up on the floor or wall. I tried to pump it gently with no luck.
It does live up to it's name, however. If I apply it first thing in the morning, it keeps my skin grease-free for the majority of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by christie91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I actually use this as a serum after toner every morning and night to help heal up current wee pimples and prevent more. Using it like this has really worked for me - it absorbs quickly, the pump makes it easy to use, and it leaves no trace of being there. For me, this is much better than other pimple treatments that dry out skin - I love that the tea tree, thyme etc. dry out pimples whilst the lavender etc. works on healing skin. This is particularly good for when I've grown impatient and popped pimples - if I use this straight afterwards, the redness definitely dies down and it heals over faster. At NZD$16, I think it's a steal!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I brought this due to the hype, but I was very disappointed. It hasn't necessarily improved my skin but at the same time, it hasn't made it any worse. I use it over my moisturiser but it doesn't help blemishes reduce or anything.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by wormzscareme

I use this as a mid-day degreaser and it it works wonders. I like to keep it in the fridge so that it is cool and refreshing to put on my skin. I have fairly oily skin and am greasy by 10am. I apply this product to my t-zone and notice a difference almost immediately. It sucks up all the oil and leaves my skin soft, cool, and fresh. I also use it as a spot treatment at night and it helps reduce redness and healing time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I buy things from LUSH with great reluctance, as nothing they make ever works for me (with the exception of Potion lotion, which they discontinued), and in most cases, make things worse. But they opened a store in my "home mall" so what the heck, I bought the Grease Lightning for lack of anything else I had been getting an unexplained explosion of acne on my chin, and nothing was working, I took a tiny dab of this and just lightly coated my chin and the other red areas and left it on all night, I was surprised (A Lush item actually working?!?!?) that the next morning my breakout was much less noticable. The redness had disappeared and it was drying out the icky parts. After about 3 days, it cleared the issue. I would in NO WAY smear this stuff all over my face, but for problem areas and active breakouts, it seems to help.. It's fairly pricy, and we'll see if it continues to make a difference, but this might be worth checking out. I have dry sensitive skin, but those with oily skin might find a better use for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by azondlo

I was so excited to try this product after hearing and seeing all the amazing things that it has done for people you youtube. I had a few spots, nothing horrible, but enough to make me want to do something about it. Within a week my face was pretty much perfect. But that's the best it got. After that week, I started getting more and more pimples. I'm a month into using this twice a day all over my face, and I have acne all over my forehead, nose and chin. I've never in my life had this much acne. When I rub my face, I feel bumps all over. My pores are all so clogged. It's gross.

I was using fresh farmacy face wash from Lush and then two pumps of this all over my face every morning and night. That's it. Using so few products means that my clogged and broken out skin is caused my this.

I put it up with it as long as I could, but I bought another product today that I hope will help. I will stop using this. I am so jealous that it helped other people, as I wish it helped me! The packaging, the consistency, the price, is all great if it worked. But it made my skin horrible.

It just goes to show that everyone reacts different to products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use this after I cleanse with Herbalism and tone with Tea Tree Water. It really reduces redness and helps control my breakouts. I used to get cystic acne that would become enflamed and very painful, this product has helped tremendously in keeping that under control. The only con is the fact that it comes in a such a small bottle. But, since it does such a great job, I don't mind the size too much.