April 18, 2014 | 1830 users online

Treatments - LUSH - Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by wormzscareme

I use this as a mid-day degreaser and it it works wonders. I like to keep it in the fridge so that it is cool and refreshing to put on my skin. I have fairly oily skin and am greasy by 10am. I apply this product to my t-zone and notice a difference almost immediately. It sucks up all the oil and leaves my skin soft, cool, and fresh. I also use it as a spot treatment at night and it helps reduce redness and healing time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I buy things from LUSH with great reluctance, as nothing they make ever works for me (with the exception of Potion lotion, which they discontinued), and in most cases, make things worse. But they opened a store in my "home mall" so what the heck, I bought the Grease Lightning for lack of anything else I had been getting an unexplained explosion of acne on my chin, and nothing was working, I took a tiny dab of this and just lightly coated my chin and the other red areas and left it on all night, I was surprised (A Lush item actually working?!?!?) that the next morning my breakout was much less noticable. The redness had disappeared and it was drying out the icky parts. After about 3 days, it cleared the issue. I would in NO WAY smear this stuff all over my face, but for problem areas and active breakouts, it seems to help.. It's fairly pricy, and we'll see if it continues to make a difference, but this might be worth checking out. I have dry sensitive skin, but those with oily skin might find a better use for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by azondlo

I was so excited to try this product after hearing and seeing all the amazing things that it has done for people you youtube. I had a few spots, nothing horrible, but enough to make me want to do something about it. Within a week my face was pretty much perfect. But that's the best it got. After that week, I started getting more and more pimples. I'm a month into using this twice a day all over my face, and I have acne all over my forehead, nose and chin. I've never in my life had this much acne. When I rub my face, I feel bumps all over. My pores are all so clogged. It's gross.

I was using fresh farmacy face wash from Lush and then two pumps of this all over my face every morning and night. That's it. Using so few products means that my clogged and broken out skin is caused my this.

I put it up with it as long as I could, but I bought another product today that I hope will help. I will stop using this. I am so jealous that it helped other people, as I wish it helped me! The packaging, the consistency, the price, is all great if it worked. But it made my skin horrible.

It just goes to show that everyone reacts different to products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jellyfiish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use this after I cleanse with Herbalism and tone with Tea Tree Water. It really reduces redness and helps control my breakouts. I used to get cystic acne that would become enflamed and very painful, this product has helped tremendously in keeping that under control. The only con is the fact that it comes in a such a small bottle. But, since it does such a great job, I don't mind the size too much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I'm on my second bottle! I use this whenever I have an under the skin zit that I can feel coming up, or when I have an inflamed whitehead that stubbornly refuses to heal. It always reduces redness, and usually after a few days of use it will heal the area completely. I have very sensitive skin, so a lot of acne cleansers and spot treatments are too strong for me and will make areas worse, but this product is just perfect! It's also very cost effective, because you don't need a lot at once.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really had high hopes for this, but I hated it. I felt like it was doing absolutely nothing and I used it for about a month or two which I believe is a fair time to give a skin product. In fact, my face cleared up significantly after I stopped using it... so, I'm pretty sure this made my skin break out more. The packaging is convenient, I like the pump, but that is absolutely IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by xnobzx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I usually don't have much success with LUSH products but I have to say that this is an AMAZING PRODUCT!!! It is loaded with natural proven ingredients that work to control oil and prevent/treat breakouts. Not only does it work to clear blemished and control oil but I have found that it also makes a great primer for your foundation if you have super oily skin! I found this little trick out by mistake but I am sure glad that I did! I apply about one full pump all over my T-zone before applying foundation and it really helps my skin remain oil free and makes my MUFE foundation last all day! Great price too! Will repurchase and I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by jod84

i hate this product. i got it after watching lots of people on you tube take about it like it's magic i also was told if you use this stuff as a toner it would keep your skin clear so i washed my face and used this all over as a toner i woke up the next day with a very big painful spot on my chin so I'm pretty convinced this clogged my pores..........the next day i gave it an other try and put it on the huge pimple on my chin it did nothing in fact it just irritated the spot i ended up giving this to my bf i hope he as better luck with it then i did this stuff is awful!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Magnificus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked the packaging a lot and I also liked the gel-type consistency of this. There is really not much of a fragrance, and what little fragrance you can detect is not unpleasant. However, that's all I liked. The product itself says it's a super effective spot treatment for developing and existing acne, but I noticed no difference. It didn't help my acne but it didn't worsen my acne. I was still getting break outs, but it's most likely because this was so ineffective. I felt like I was just smoothing on aloe vera gel but even that is probably more effective than this. In my opinion, this product was a waste of money. It's expensive for how much you get and how useless this is. If it was super effective, I wouldn't mind how much it costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by love4lacquer

I'm not killed on the price for such a small bottle, however with the results I have it is so far the best product I have used for this, so I can balance cost with results.

Overall it does what it claims, helping the spots I have. I recently switched cleansers as well so hopefully I won't get any more, but it has helped with the ones I have had. None of them have been painful or really big or even red.

I did notice a huge difference when changing the application from before to after my moisturizer, so fi you aren't getting results try that swicth first. I was with Fresh Farmacy (check my review), tone with Tea Tree Toner (check review) and use Enzymion moisturizer (check review) then apply this gel to any spots.

I like the packaging of it being in the pump bottle, and its clear so it can go over makeup if I need to touch up. Also, smell is mild and not offensive so overall its a good product so far for me.