LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.6

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 7/15/2012 1:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love this product! When I dab it directly on a pimple before I go to bed I can see how it is dried out and smaller when I wake up. I had a big pimple on my forehead and by using this it was gone in three days. Also I use it on my nose for my blackheads.. and I see that they are so much better, like not clogged. It dries fast and kinda dries to a film on your face.. so I have to use this before I go to bed or else it would just look stupid.. but it does its work like any other lush product :)

on 7/15/2012 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i like this product. i have been getting more break outs than usual and this seems to keep acne at bay. its great as a spot treatment. even for the pimples underneath the skin that arent fully formed yet. it dries them out. the only bad thing is that your face will have a layer of this product on it, all dried up. but it helps, it really does. its a bit flaky but its nothing a moisturizer cant help. its gentle and natural so you know its not too harsh. ive had it for about a month now, and like it.

I've only had this product about a week and a half (if my opinions of it change i will edit this review!) and i am starting to see the difference in my skin already! I bought this product because it had so many good reviews from guru's on YouTube and i had the most unsightly spot above my lip.. and it was absolutely massive, i wasn't expecting miracles from this but it actually helped it go down to a more practical size within 2 days! I would repurchase this, but i think that even though it comes in a tiny bottle, it will last me basically forever as i dont get many spots.. :)

on 6/7/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the only spot treatment that works for and DOESN'T smell like rotten eggs (sulpher treatments). I use this as a spot treatment for prevention as well as for treatment. I just dab into onto problem spots after I wash my face with dark angels in the morning and at night. It works to keep all but the most severe acne at bay. I love this product and recommend it to all of my friends.

on 5/10/2012 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG! This product is amazing! It comes out as a yellowy clear gel with extremely soothing smell. I apply this all over my face, even on days that i do not have acne to prevent it. And i have not broken out since i've started! I am already on my 3rd bottle of this. It is my HG skincare. The only thing bad about this is it is a tad drying. I would apply a more moisturizing serum or gel before/after applying this. Highly recommend it to anyone having problems with acne/breakouts

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm on the fence about this one. I used to use it day and night all over my face as a spot treatment. I've never washed my face with it because the lady at lush said it worked much better as a spot treatment for acne.
Well it did make my skin dry, but not to a super dry point.
I couldn't say it dramatically helped my acne, but it did help it somewhat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I looove this product! I had mild acne problems and would get minor breakouts everyone month and since using Grease Lightning i can clear it up fast. It makes my skin feel smooth and fresh, i feel none if the tightness other people say they feel, and i have fairly sensitive skin. I recommend this product to anyone who wants to get rid of spots fast and have smooth, healthy feeling skin!

I've tried so many spot treatments and I always get that annoying dry flakiness around my acne spot that I put it on. Yes, they dry out the pimple, but the skin around it also gets dried out too. And then when I try to cover it up with concealer it just looks worse. This spot treatment is the only one I've tried that doesn't do that! And it's effective! I use about half a pump every night an spread a thin layer over my whole face, kind of like a serum or a treatment. In just 3 days I saw amazing results!!

This is the first lush product I have tried and so far I am extremely impressed! I will most definitely be repurchasing. Also, it doesn't sting like most acne spot treatments do, so it you have sensitive, acne-prone skin I would recommend this for you. This reduces redness very quickly and also soothes those painful pimples. Although it is slightly pricey, it's worth every penny. I love love love this product!!!

This is a good product. However, I only gave it a rating of 3 because it can EASILY be made at home and it works just as well. Start with purified water, add the essential oils and shake. Apply with cotton ball multiple times a day. Works great and saves money!

on 2/29/2012 3:59:00 AM

It irritated my skin and made it worse. I don't think it's good for those with sensitive skin

Popular Treatments (Face)