Cover Girl Lash Blast Length

3.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Covergirl's Lash Blast Length Mascara was released after the super success of the original Lash Blast, (now known as Lash Blast Volume). Covergirl claims that this mascara's "elasta-nylon" formula is flake free and flexible, and coupled with their "longest brush ever", Lash Blast Length will give you "extreme, look at me! lashes" that are 80% longer. Lash Blast Volume is available in 4 shades, and water resistant, and non water resistant versions. Unfortunately Covergirl tests on animals, so please be conscious of that when using their products. I received this as a Christmas gift from Mummy, she purchased it at Ulta. I don't know exactly how much she payed for it, but Covergirl mascaras usually go for $7-8.
Packaging for Lash Blast Length is very eye catching. A long, thin, tapered, bright yellow plastic tube and cap. Covergirl and Lash Blast Length are written on the tube in silver. It definitely stands out in the mascara section. The shape of the tube reminds me of a rounded version of the Maybelline Lash Stiletto.
Covergirl calls this brush their longest ever and I believe it. It's very thin, and about an inch long. Before you dip it into the tube for the first time the short, plentiful bristles were bright yellow, matching the tube. Aside from the long brush, the wand is also quite long and thin. I find it unweildy and intimidating. This mascara isn't the easiest to apply, it takes a little technique
The wand, once correctly lined up with the base of the lashes, needs to be slowly wiggled through. Normally I'm not a wand wiggler, but it's necessary for Lash Blast Length. Without wiggling, the brush, you won't even be able to tell you've applied mascara, regardless of how many coats you apply.
What kind of results do you get from Lash Blast Length? Do you really get 80% longer lashes? I don't know if it's 80%. Maybe 40 or 50%. Your lashes do get pretty long with this mascara. Look at mine, they're reaching for the stars! It's a really nice amount of length, but I wouldn't call it "Extreme", or "80% longer", but it's good enough for me. Many people complain that you don't get enough volume from this mascara, but keep in mind, Covergirl doesn't make any mention of volume in their product description. But really wiggle your dang brush. Hasn't LMFAO taught you anything? Wiggling is the key to success. With three, wiggled on coats, I can get a small, but noticeable amount of volume. To be fair, my lashes are naturally on the thicker side.The best part of Lash Blast Length is the lack of clumping. You couldn't clump this mascara if you tried. It's probably good for mascara n00bz.
Like the other two Covergirl mascaras I've reviewed, Lash Blast Length holds up great through out the day. Even at work I don't get a single flake or smudge. That's impressive for any brand. Despite not flaking, Lash Blast Length removes super easily, with just water, or a little bit of makeup remover.
I recommend this mascara if you have average lashes that you want to add a nice bit of length to, with just a smidgen of volume. This is a great beginner mascara, because of it's clump free nature, and fairly natural look. I like Lash Blast Length, but I tend not to reach for it often, that alone has made me decide not to repurchase. It's just too average.

on 3/25/2012 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've used a lot of different brands of mascara - low end, medium end, and high end. This is one of my favorites.

My criteria for a good mascara is that it lengthens and darkens my lashes, doesn't get clumpy / goopy, and stays off of my upper eyelids (not sure if other people have this problem). Plus I need it to last through my workday without smudging.

This mascara does all of the above and is pretty inexpensive too. Plus I can almost always get it on sale somewhere. It needs multiple coats to really build on my lashes but I would rather have to do that than try to comb and unclump my lashes from a really heavy applying mascara.

I've tried some higher end mascaras that are as good or a little bit better but this one is a great deal for the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Frankly I'm surprised that this hasn't got really high ratings. This doesn't flake on me and its cheap. I've bought this one a couple of times already and I'm pretty happy with it.

on 3/23/2012 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Lash blast length has the unfortunate title of being the first mascara that i threw in the bin just days after purchasing it, it is just terrible i know it is supposed to give you length but i have never come across a mascara with such a thin almost non existent formula like this one, i swear i had to apply up to six or seven coats of this just to look like i had mascara on and all it did was darken them with no length and zero volume, as for the original lash blast i think its great but lash blast length absolute garbage and is not worth it so save your money and get something much better than this.

on 3/22/2012 5:43:00 PM

I used this for less than a week then got rid of it and switched to the regular Lash Blast, which is more lengthening and actually holds a curl. This mascara is not worth your money! It is subtle to the point of being invisible, and made my lashes droop within an hour after curling them.

on 3/14/2012 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I could care less about the packaging. It's one of the best mascaras I have. I love how the brush lengthens and separates my lashes. If you put on a second coat, it adds volume too. It has a good formula and it's the brush that prevents it from clumping when I apply it.

on 3/9/2012 11:53:00 AM

I've used this for years and repurchased numerous times. I'm surprised at all the bad reviews! I use this as my first layer of mascara. it does a wonderful job of lentghening and separating each lash. I like that the formula is drier and doesn't ever clump my lashes together.

I will repurchase forever!

on 3/8/2012 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A very average mascara. Doesn't add much length or do anything great for lashes. I gave it two stars because it does have one nice feature - you can do several coats without having it clump. That's a good thing because you need many coats to see any difference in your lashes at all. Not worth buying again.

on 3/5/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It's not an amazing mascara really it doesn't add much length and it's definitely not going to do anything for volume. But I do like to use it as a layering mascara just because it separates lashes amazingly! so if my eyelashes get a bit clumpy I use this to separate. I don't think I'll but it again but I'll use it up anyway

on 3/2/2012 4:01:00 AM

barely made any difference with the first coat. reallyyyy have to try to like build it up. But the good thing is it is quite buildable. The more coats the longer it gets. But it doesn't really hold the curl very well. My lashes droop down after a couple minutes even though I got the waterproof version.

Oh almost forgot. Btw I'm asian and my lashes aren't that short and they're not that sparse or anything but they do have some trouble staying curled throughout the day so thats what I look at a lot when trying a new mascara.