July 31, 2014 | 1611 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Promaxyl - Eyelash Renewal serum Rapidlash

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by lotusflowerbomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great product. It didn't work in the time it said it would, 4 weeks in I saw no growth. But I've been using this for at least 6 months, and I literally don't use fake eyelashes anymore. I used to wear false lashes everyday, because my natural lashes are SO short and thin. I never have to anymore, and I love it. If anyone knows of an eyelash enhancer that works better or is just as effective for cheaper, let me know now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This does work. I've been using it for a little over a month now and have seen significant growth. I use it on both my upper and lower lashes 5-6 days a week, and I've seen quite a bit of lengthening on both. I've also seen a lot of new growth, especially on the lower lashes, which is exactly what I want. I'm hoping for even better results in a couple more months. I'm still on my original tube so it lasts quite a while. I haven't noticed any side-effects, I wear contacts and always have dry eyes by the end of the day anyway, and this did not make it any worse. I'll update more after the new year.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by fullmoonsouls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this for a few weeks, and saw no improvement in my lashes so I stopped using it. I have very short, sparse Asian lashes that point straight down. I got it on ebay for $15 so I wasn't too upset about it not working, but a week later, I saw that my lashes have begun to touch the bottom part of my eyes whenever I blink. I guess it did work, because my eyelashes used to be very short, but now they're a lot longer than they used to be. This didn't really do much in terms of volume though, so my lashes aren't that noticeable because they are still very sparse. But it did what it was supposed to and increased my lash growth in the amount of time promised :) I wasn't sure where to apply it, so I just kind of coated it all over my eyelashes like mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It works! Subtle, but noticeable growth. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by superbutton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works for me too. I was super-skeptical, and didn't notice it right away. I have thin, sparse, short eyelashes that basically grow straight, and are starting to grow downward. As other reviewers have said, it isn't going to make it look like you are wearing false lashes, but for me it did make my lashes darker, longer, and they are curling upwards more than they used to. I also have an annoying little bald patch in one eyebrow, and this has helped. I don't know that it has grown new hairs, but somehow the hairs around the area are filling it in.

It is not very noticeable with no mascara on, but with mascara, it makes a big difference for me. I was getting my eyelashes permed, but this has made enough of a difference that I haven't bothered lately, which is great!

I didn't tell anyone I was using it. After I would say maybe 3 weeks, my best friend of 15 years (a man, so you know it had to be noticeable) said "you have long eyelashes!" My dad said "that's neat what you did to your eyes" I guess he thought I did something new with my makeup? And my sister asked me if I was using a new mascara (i wasn't). Also she assumed I had gotten my eyelashes permed again, which i hadn't!

After a few weeks, I felt like I could see a difference, but convinced myself i was imagining it...just didn't believe it would do anything. I wish I had taken a before pic, with and without mascara. But I am sure now that it is working, bought more.

I am really fair and somewhat sensitive, had no stinging redness or any reaction at all. You don't put it on the lashes, just swipe at along the eyelid at the base of the lashes. I do the lower lashes too, with the same application--so dip the brush, upper lashes and lower lashes of one eye. repeat for other eye. Then i dip again, do both eyebrows. It lasted me a lot longer than 1 month, maybe more like 3, using it every night. you don't need to put it on thickly, probably shouldn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by sandooch

This product works! Now, when I say it works, I'm not saying my lashes look as if I'm wearing false lashes. It is a subtle difference that without mascara only I can tell. My lashes now curl on their own, there are more of them and with one coat of mascara only, I look as if I had applied a lash primer and 2 coats of mascara. I will stick to Rapidlash for now unless the price keeps increasing. It still beats Lastisse in price...that's for sure. And one tube lasts me about 3 months (I'll sometimes forget a day or two during the week).

The only other negative I can say about this product, besides the price increase, is that it took a lot longer to work for me than they claimed it would. It was so disappointing reading that some people noticed results after just 2-3 weeks. For me, it was more like 7-8 weeks before I even started to notice a small difference. I've been using it for over a year now and they are even longer and fuller but still not fake eyelash looking. It's like I have a couple more rows of lashes, too. I'm almost 49 years old, and the older you get the thinner, shorter and sparser your lashes get. Since I never had long, thick lashes in my lifetime, I need all the help I can get. So I would definitely recommend this product to others. It is so worth it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by vjhornby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had always thought my eyelashes were one of my best features and was dismayed as I have got older that they have grown sparser and stubbier. Also my eyebrows' outer edges had shrunk and looked moth eaten. As a physician I was dubious about using a serum but had read such rave reviews about this product I decided to give it a try. Well the results have been excellent. My lash length has increased to even better than before, although I don't think they have changed much as regards volume or colour. Also my eyebrows have regained their shape and the outer line looks defined and more youthful. I am delighted with the changes, which started to become really apparent after about 6 weeks of use.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for 8 mons. and it does exactly what it claims! Bought it @ Walgreens BOGO-- so I paid 34.99 for 2 tubes. The first on lasted approx. 5 mons. w/ application to upper & lower lashes nightly for the first 12 wks. and then every other night or two thereafter.

I've used Latisse( which I can get for free since I'm a physician) but experienced excessive irritation and uneven growth ( not pretty). Chemically the active ingredients in both products are similar. I suggest to try this first before spending the $$ on Latisse. Be patient-- it can take 10 - 12 weeks to see results. I saw results in 4 wks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have only been using RapidLash for 3 weeks and I have noticed a difference already! I have always had very blonde lashes, so blonde that without mascara my lashes are unseen. I always had long lashes both top and bottom. As I have aged (like a fine wine) my lashes have become more sparse and I have had more lash loss. Nothing I do would help the loss and the shorter length that has happened over time and aging, until now.
I started using RapidLash as directed only at night and using it on both the top and bottom lashes. I used one thin coating of the product on my lash line after I washed and toned my face. (The first day I saw some discoloration on my lash line, but that went away. I had red rimmed eyes the first 2 days, but that went away too.) I wait for the product to dry and then I would proceed with my normal moisturizer for night. I thought that I would have to wait for results but I was wrong. I noticed my lashes becoming darker in a week, noticed more lashes on my bottom lash line in two weeks, not that they were long and lux yet but I could see them again, I'm impressed.
Today I used my favorite mascara. Today I was excited with what I am seeing. I no longer had to put on a lengthening mascara as a base and then my building mascara over it. Today I used just my building mascara in my favorite color and it looks like I've got lashes again. They have a slight curl to them, but I used my lash curler anyway, WOW! In 3 weeks even my corner lashes have popped up again and my lash line looks normal, no lash spaces that have to be filled in by pushing lashes over a touch, LOL. I have lashes again in places that I had lost them and my mascara brush picked them up and oh boy, I can flutter my lashes again and get away with it, LOL.
I would not want to use any other lash serum after this. I can not for the life of me understand why someone would want the risk of changing their eye color with a Dr. prescribed lash serum. I like the color of my eyes. My husband was worried that this lash serum would change the color and worried that it would break the bank, HA fooled him. I would rather NOT spend $120 for something that I can find for $34.95 that does not change the color of my eyes but gives me the same results. I am pleased with the results, did I mention it has only been 3 weeks? LOL.
I can not wait for the way my lashes will be after another 2 weeks. I will repurchase this. I will not buy the other stuff that costs too much and changes my eye color that's just silliness. RapidLash takes patients, one must take the time every night to use as directed. It does not happen faster using it twice a day, it does not happen faster if you use lots, it happens slowly a little at a time. This product is not for instant gratification. If you want instant gratification use false eye lashes, if not and you have patients try this. As the old saying goes, "slow and steady wins the race". I am enjoying slow and steady, it's working for me.
11/16/11- It's still doing it's job and my lashes are amazing from it. My lashes have grown back to their former beauty and people notice the color of my mascara again. I will be buying it again and continue using this. I have started using it every 3 days now and it's holding my lashes at length and fullness, that is a plus. I figure I will be using this at least twice a week for a long time. I'm not sharing my find with anyone! LOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by inouerinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i had really sparse brows and lashes. after doing some research on proven lash growth products, this is the best option for the price tag.
i definitely experienced side effects such as irritated/red eyes and also the darkening of the areas where this is applied (which are the base of the upper & lower lashes).
but i did not give up because those were expected. the 'allergic' reactions vanished after few weeks.
After a month or so, I began to see changes. I did not even expect result because my lashes & brows were really really really thin and sparse and i thought this might not even work as it promised but it does.
Now, it has been perhaps 2 years i am using this product. My lashes and brows are noticeably longer and thicker.
The best part is my lashes have that natural curl without the aid of a lash curler or mascara.
i get compliments on how great my lashes look. i am a happy customer and i don't think i will be able to stop using this. :)