September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Sensational - Born With It

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

This is now my second Maybelline Lipstick in the Color Sensational line. I have to admit I've never been a fan of Maybelline but this lipstick has converted me. I love these lipsticks. (everytime I go out now I want to buy one). This one is a pale, neutral, coolish, baby pink with limited frostiness. It's a really pretty colour with a smokey eye. It is sexy....best word to describe it for my colouring. It wears well and the price spells "buy more". Lol. Definitely worth trying this line of lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 6:56:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got it ,nicn nude color.the formula is creamy.but a bit textured.love it still.to to with a smokey eyes.black one.love the color !that brings out the face and eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great lipstick!
Born With It is a beautiful pinky nude that I wear almost every day to school.
It glides on smoothly and opaquely with a bit of shimmer and frost.
It tastes and smells like sweet cocoa butter. Kindof strange, but nice.
I def reccomend this lipstick for fair skinned-girls!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by whawhawhacawhaaawhaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Possibly the best lipstick I have ever tried to date! Feels like a balm, but doesn't smeer or come off easily like a balm. I can even brush my finger lightly across my lips! I really like the staying power of this lipstick. Zero lip liner needed, and not to mention I feel so expensive when I take it out of my purse because of the beautiful packaging. Did I also mention the FABULOUS shades this lipstick comes in?
Possibly THE best Maybelline product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

Really digging these Maybelline lipsticks. I heard on Youtube that "Born with it" is a dupe for MAC's "Hue", and since I was running low on "Hue" I figured it was a good time to try out these lipsticks.
The quality of these lipsticks are amazing. I wouldn't have been able to tell that these were drugstore lipsticks because they are so pigmented and yet very creamy and moisturizing. When I put this lipstick on, it feels like I'm wearing lipbalm.
The finishes of these Maybelline lipsticks are more around lustre finishes if you compare them to MAC lipstick finishes. It's not matte but at the same time the colour isn't as sheer as MAC Glaze finishes. You done get some shine from these but not sparkle or sheen, more like shine that you get from something very moisturizing.
The colour range is pretty big for a drugstore lipstick. There are browns, pinks and reds. Each colour family has a good selection of colours to choose from.
After googling swatches and reviews I decided that I'd get "Born with it", to compare it with "Hue" as well as "Pink Please".
"Born with it" is so not a dupe for "Hue"!! Hue has a lot more peach undertone and it is definitely a nude lip colour, whereas Born with it has a pinkier undertone and more neutral.
If you want a lipstick that you can wear everyday with any look, then Born with it will do.
Pink Please is brighter and pinkier than Born with it and MAy be a dupe for MAC's Angel.
I paid $8 for these Maybelline lipsticks and you get 4.2 g. MAC lipsticks are around $14 for only 3g.
I am definitely going to buy more of these Maybelline ones! Highly recommend it!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

I LOVE this color!!! This lipstick is so creamy and pigmented. Does not dry out your lips at all. Gorgeous color and looks great on most skin tones. Looks great alone or under lip gloss. Bought 3 other shades in the Maybelline Color Sensational line. Love 'em all!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by clairebear12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love Born With It! It's such a beautiful pink color.It's not "Barbie" colored and looks great on me, and I'm NC15. It smells good too, like vanilla. Yum. I adore all the Color Sensational lipsticks and I'm really glad I picked this up. I will certainly buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by sugarcomatose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really not even sure why I bought this, because I never wear frosts; I guess I was expecting a pretty nude. The color is way too chalky and light for me (NC15). I never really thought I had super-pigmented lips, but with this color, you can totally see through to my lip pigmentation, and it doesn't mix well with the lipstick at all. Perhaps it would look better if I wore foundation over my lips first, but that seems impractical. If I go out to eat or something and want to touch up my lipstick after the meal, I don't want to have to bring along my foundation and touch that up too.

Also, the glitter is a bit much. It's not a subtle shimmer at all, but full-on chunks of silver glitter that migrate all over your face. Unfortunately, I'm not trying to look like a disco ball.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by cutiepatoo

this product isn't HG, but its definitely a favorite. since i'm a makeup rookie, this natural color is a must-have. and since my lips are naturally pigmented, this color adds a tint of pink and a hint of shimmer = really pretty. get this color ! it really looks good on everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by thirdeye32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick. The color is a perfect natural looking lipstick for me. The little bit of sparkle in it also adds to the cute and pretty look.