December 21, 2014 | 1722 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Stickey Base Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by gnomixa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great product. I have to note though: IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO EVER GET DRY - SAYS SO ON THE PACKAGING. that's why it's called stickey.

Many reviewers don't read the packaging and just assume that it works like all other base coats. It keeps my mani sans chip for a week, so I am pretty happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I get pretty good wear from my polish which I am sure is thanks to the combination of this + Seche Vite. However, I don't think it does a great job at protecting my nails as they still turn yellow. But until I find something else that will provide good polish wear AND prevent yellowing, I will continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by rbrown4

My HG base coat!! Love this product... chip-free manis for 5+ days, chip-free pedis for... well forever if I didn't change my polish :)
I use this with 2 coats of an OPI polish, top it off with CND Super Shiny Top coat & I ALWAYS have beautiful fingers & toes! I haven't had any problems with this drying like some reviewers, though I do apply a THIN layer, after that I immediately apply my nail color & I haven't had any problems. I highly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by plnkpolarbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

bought this based on the rave reviews, and it really does make my polish last all week...and more!

(I used it in combination with the seche vite quick dry top coat)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by bconversant

This is the first basecoat i have EVER used that keeps my polish on for 7 days. If my polish chips or comes off, my nails break--so i am very happy to have found this. I have stopped my search for the perfect basecoat. Hard to understand complaints in other reviews about drying problems as this has not been any issue with me. Can't rave about it enough and share with all my girlfriends. If you have a hard time finding it, Bed Bath and Beyond carries it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Taniaebj

I love this base so much, that now I buy it for my friends and family for birthdays and special occasions. This makes my nail polish last 7 days without chipping! That is amazing to me, as I have dry brittle nails and nail polish lasted just 2 days on me. I don't seem to have the problem that people have with it not drying fast enough. I apply it, then follow it with OPI nail polish and then follow that with Out the Door. It's easy to apply and my nail routine is a breeze!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by daisylover01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has been my favorite basecoat that Ive used thus far. I do nails,facials and waxing for a living, so my hands are constantly in water and encountering acetone. Because I am a bit anal about my nails looking nice, I repaint them every other day even if the smallest chip is in it. Stickey has allowed me to make this an almost nightly routine. Its a great product, dries EXTREMELY FAST as well. I have never needed to wait for it to dry, and I can paint my nails very fast. It has always gone on smooth as well. A few people have commented on here that it takes forever to dry. They may possibly not be realizing how much is coming off the brush. The brush is pretty thin but soaks up ALOT of product. So unless you are wiping off a good amt of excess as you are pulling it out of the bottle, then you may be putting on wayyyyy to much!! I, at times, can even get 2-3 nails painted with Stickey before redipping the brush into the bottle!

I have and will continue to repurchase.

*Keep in Mind* Obviously this website is based on opinion, but keep in mind factors that can influence peoples views on products. There are other reviews saying a product goes on sooo goopy, but yet another review can say its the smoothest application ever. Products can expire, and products can change consistency throughout time. Try to store products in a cool area where temperature does not change. (never near a window where sunlight can hit it, a bathroom where there is change of temperature due from steam in shower) Things like this can change the effectiveness of a product. Just thought Id share

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by floofinator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my new HG base coat--I'm looking no further for another base coat!

Stickey applies evenly and easily... it's true that it never feels like it's dry enough to paint over, but I usually just let it sit 2 minutes and I paint the colour over right away without problems. I use this with the Super Shiney top coat, OPI ridge filler and OPI polishes and my manicures can last well over a week before any major chips happen (usually there are tiny chips at the nail edge but they're not that noticeable because they become paralell with the nail edge). It definitely clings onto polish and prevents chipping and peeling. I took one lippie off because I'm not sure how much actual "protection" it provides nails...my nails still turn slightly yellow after wearing red polish for 10 days. Maybe I shouldn't even have red polish on for 10 days, I don't know. It's a great product nonetheless and I will definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by HausKat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I read so many people saying how great this is but I just did not like it when I tried it.

It painted onto the nails very smoothly and evenly and the brush size was perfect but it just never seemed to dry, no matter how long I waited. The first time I used this I tried it with an Opi polish and it made the polish seem like it would never dry all the way through. I got the polish all smudged and had to re-do my manicure. I thought maybe it was the Opi polish and that I had used three coats of polish (waiting 20 mins drying time between each coat though) but then I just tried the Stickey base coat again last night with an Essie polish and it was the same problem. After waiting an *hour* for Stickey to dry, I got tired of waiting and just assumed that maybe it was dry, even though it still felt tacky. I put a coat of Essie on and then waited 20 mins before adding the second coat but this Stickey seems to affect the nail polish in some way and makes it feel like it never dries. My polish again just smudged right off in one thick sticky coat, even after waiting over an hour for it to dry. I had to re-do my manicure and the second time I chucked the bottle of Stickey and just used the base coat I usually use, which is Opi Start-to-Finish. I used the same Essie polish and both coats plus the Opi base coat all dried completely in 20 mins time like usual so the problem was definitely the Stickey. I would never buy it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 2:01:00 AM More reviews by anooshka

i don't like this. it stained my nails.
and i just generally don't like the fact that it remains sticky feeling even when it's time for you to apply your polish.
meh. didn't use it up and ended throwing it away.