December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Honestly, I debated for such a long time over buying this because I assumed it was a little bit horseshit. I've had acne for about 12 years and have likely spent hundreds of dollars on various fad regimens and products over the years, but I got a Sephora gift card for Christmas and heard about the insanely awesome return policy for the Clarisonic, so I figured, what the hell? I can return it if it's been three months and I'm not seeing results.

It did break me out a little bit at first, because I got too excited and was using it nightly. I quickly determined that this was too much for my skin, and cut down to 2 uses a week, 3 max (on a day where my skin is feeling particularly gross). The difference in my skin is unbelievable. I still get the occasional cystic pimple near my jawline, but they clear up in two or three days instead of a week, and I almost never get whiteheads or blackheads anymore. I've been using it for just under a month now and I'd say I've gone from getting 10-12 new pimples a week to just 2 or 3. I have some red post-breakout discolouration on my cheeks so I'm interested to see if it'll help with that as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I received this as a Christmas present about a year ago. I have never suffered from acne, and have always had decent skin to begin with. Therefore, I am unsure of whether this actually "works" or not. I've continued to use it almost every day (sometimes twice a day) because I enjoy it and feel as though it gives me a good scrub. I feel like there has been some improvement in my overall tone. I do follow the directions and replace the brush head religiously every three months as suggested. Despite not having acne prone skin, I find that I like using the acne brush head best. There's a softness to it that I like a lot. However, I'll use any brush head really. The replacement heads are approximately $25 each. Lately I've been finding authentic ones on Groupon (not dupes!) for much less money, so you may want to look there. I don't feel like I have to charge it too often, but when I do I just leave it plugged in overnight and it's ready for me in the morning. What I really love about this is it is water proof and able to be used in the shower! I feel like that's a huge stand out compared to past similar items I've had.
Overall, I would suggest this item to anyone who does suffer from acne, as I have definitely decreased in breakouts and constantly read positive feedback from those who use it. I rarely purchase any other Clarisonic items such as the face wash. Almost any face wash with will work this, even bar soaps. The only face wash I have come across that did not create enough of a lather was Mario Badescu. Without a lather, the bristles tend to be too rough on my skin. I would not have purchased this on my own, as it is quite expensive + replacement brush heads, especially since I had good skin before using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Mia exfoliates very well and even stops you so you don't over do it. My friends see a difference in my skin saying it's "glowing", mind you I suffer from really bad acne. It clears up my skin and makes my pores look way smaller than before. And it's pink (I live for the little things).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Ladydeemone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this, I can honestly say it has changed my skin! I have dry skin, fine lines on my forehead and large pores in my t-zone. I got the Mia 2 as a Christmas present this year and have been using it religiously morning and night for an entire month and my skin has never looked better. I got the Radiance package that came with a facewash and a vitamin c serum and I can't say enough great things about it. My skin is radiant, which is very rare for my dry skin, my pores seem smaller and the lines on my forehead have definitely improved. I suffer from cystic acne on my chin and I noticed since I have been using the clarisonic my breakouts are rare and if they do amerge they stay small, are not painful and shrink in days as oppose to weeks, and they leave no scar. So yes this is a must have for your skin care routine. It is expensive, but definitely worth it. I've had it for about a month now and use it every day and still haven't had to charge the battery! Love this product, you need it in your life if you have dry skin or suffer from cystic acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by MorganNeedsMakeup

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for around 2 months now.

If I could say one thing to people who are on the fence about buying this product -- DONT WAIT.

I tossed the idea of buying this around for years, it wasn't until I noticed the texture of my skin looking extremely old. People were always telling me I looked older than I was, being 19 and everyone saying I looked mid-20's was a little alarming. I've struggled with acne for a large portion of my life. Its left me with scars and less than glowy skin. I still get acne. Not like I used to, but I still get it.

My overall quality of skin has improved tremendously, my skin feels cleaner than ever. All I can do is shame myself for waiting.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by spottedswan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

In the fight to reduce hyperpigmentation, I followed the advice of a few bloggers who raved about this machine. Their main claim being that good exfoliation removed dead skin cells, and new layers of skin glowed. Something like this can make you question the effectiveness of past cleansing "have I not been cleansing my skin thoroughly all this time?!"

After 3 weeks it was obvious that this destroyed my moisture barrier (acid mantle, whatever we're calling it this week). The result was pimples in places that were usually clear. I've returned to using a washcloth, gentle products, and exfoliating with acids.

I used the machine only at night and followed the instructions about pressure and time spent. I cleaned the brush head thoroughly and didn't introduce any new product to my routine at the time.

Returning the device through Clarisonic.com was very simple and painless. The customer service rep was easy to talk to and fair. I felt no guilt and I may even try another Clarisonic product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Prior to buying myself the highly-praised Clarisonic Mia, I did some extensive research. I'm talking YouTube video reviews by various beauty gurus, essay-long testimonials from Sephora, MakeupAlley and Amazon.com, and product comparisons with other cleansing devices such as the Olay Pro X and the Face Complexion Brush from Sephora.

The hype is real, guys.

I bit the bullet and bought one for myself. It happened when I was walking by a boutique beauty shop on Robson in Vancouver, called Eternal Skin Care. The whole store was having 20% off, including the Clarisonic line! After taxes, my purchase came out to $106 CAD. I have been using this godsend of a cleansing device in conjunction Cetaphil for about 2 weeks now (once daily) and I have noticed an extremely vast improvement in my skin. I have normal to dry skin (i.e. experiencing dryness / flakiness especially in the wintertime), and some redness & acne scars. I would say in a weeks time, I noticed my skin complexion began to even out, my acne scars slowly diminished, and overall, created a smooth canvas for me to apply moisturizer or makeup.

When people claimed that this product was 'life-changing', I thought it was a little over the top. After trying it for myself, I can 100% attest to that statement. 10/10. Amazing device.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by lotusflower111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the mia 2 from Macy's. Guess I should have read the reviews first. In the beginning it was good to feel so soft skin and get the extra clean sensation. After a week I started seeing that the lines under my eyes were more visible. I am 37, but look much younger (thank God!) and this wasn't a good result, obviously. Then, the area around my mouth got totally dry, started flaking, looked like I had dry caramel all over that part. I had to shave it to get rid of that. Then, I notice that it does dry out my skin even though I haven't used it a couple of times. Also, it does make my face look swollen. I swear that I was thinking that my nose and chin looked puffed. I googled it and there are other girls who found the same. And the brush gives me the idea of something that isn't clean or won't stay clean for long. It keeps having little bubbles and there is no proper way to keep it neat. Anyways, I gave it a try but thank God I bought it from Macy's and kept the receipt and the box because tomorrow the Mia 2 goes back. Just get it if you have really oily skin and don't use it everyday like they say.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by loobyloo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Clarisonic Mia is no joke. I have the type of skin that requires daily light exfoliation, if it doesn't get it, it gets angry and spotty. When I first bought it, I used it twice daily which was too much for my face. My dermatologist did warn me that I would experience an initial breakout using the Mia and she was right. However, using it only at night, with the acne brush head has helped keep my skin clear and creates the perfect canvas for my nightly skin treatments.

I only wish the Mia had the beeping timer (to remind you to move to a new area) variable speeds, and hard case that the Mia 2 comes with, but I can honestly say it does the job of getting my skin clean, and has eliminated the need for scrubs or chemical exfoliants in my routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by noharmdone

Let me just begin by saying I was extrememly skeptical about this product!
I have always suffered from pimples. When I was younger, I had servere acne across my whole face, after trying everything else, I went on the pill which did clear it up, but not fully. I would still get regular pimples and deep sore acne that wouldnt leave for weeks. I also had little bumps on my skin which I could never get rid of. My skin is oily/combo but extrememly sensitive.
I put off purchasing this product because everyone talked about the 'purging stage' which I was afraid of but eventually caved & bought one after spending my days reading reviews.
This product is AMAZING. The first 2-3 days I did suffer purging. After that, my skin completely cleared up! It is so smooth and fresh looking, my makeup just glides on! My little bumps have all gone & I dont wake up with a new pimple every morning anymore!
Downside - I didnt use it for 2 days as I was away from home & I woke up with pimples again.. but they cleared straight up the day after I got home and thoroughly cleansed my face again with it! I use the original Mia with delicate brush head + Philosophy Purity cleanser/Neutrogena deep clean foaming cleanser. HIGHLY RECOMMEND CLARISONIC TO ANYONE WANTING NICER, CLEANER, HEALTHIER LOOKING SKIN!