October 24, 2014 | 1684 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This is such a must for me. I am all about protecting my face now from free radical and antioxidant damage and really exfoliating the top layer of my skin has made all the difference in my appearance.

I think it helps also absorb the topical products I put on better because it is a fresh coat of skin constantly that is new and alive on the surface

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

*REVIEW FOR THE MIA 1*

I guess I finally have to make this review. I don't like being the negative one, but I just can't get this REALLY EXPENSIVE thing to work, as I wished.

I got this in May this year, and used it every/sometimes every other day. My skin was slightly acne-prone, but the Clarisonic didn't did anything. It felt nice and really LUXURIUS and gave me such a CLEAN feeling on the skin. BUT again.. Didn't cleared up my skin.

A SAD SAD WASTE OF MONEY (for me at least)

I don't like to just have it laying around, so I use it on my back and shoulders sometimes, for my acne there. Idk if it helps there to be honest..

- also, this began to HURT after months of using. I even switched brush head to the ultra sensitive. I guess it just wasn't right for my extremely SENSITIVE skin!

* I KNOW IT WORKS ON A LOT OF PEOPLE, SO MAYBE YOUR LUCKY? IT JUST WON'T RECOMMEND IT, AT LEAST FOR PEOPLE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN *

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I got the mia 2 which has one year extra warranty and a higher speed button (although i only use the normal speed). The first few times i used the mia 2 on my face, the 1 minute timer was not enough to clean my whole face and it was painful when i tried cleansing my face with the brush. I also kind of got addicted to using mia 2 on my face.

After a week of using it every morning, i got used to the brush and have noticed an improvement in my skin texture. It definitely looked smoother. It also reduced my keratosis pilaris. I have used it for about 3 weeks now every morning, and have not experienced any purging yet.

I used to have very oily skin, but this mia 2 has helped to reduce it. One thing for sure is that this is a great exfoliator. However, you will also be at risk of over exfoliating.
It requires long hours of charging, but i guess it is okay because i only charge my mia 2 like once a month even with quite frequent use. I wouldn't say that the brush really solve all my skin problems because my pores are still clogged. However, it really did a great job in cleansing my skin. Usually, when i cleanse my face with my hands only, i still can see black pores after washing, but with the clarisonic, the black pores are gone.

I wouldn't repurchase though, i feel it is a waste to spend $200 on something you use only 1-3times a week. i rather spend on a tool that i can use everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lindi11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Was hedging and hawing about whether to splurge on this. I have good skin, normal to dry with no real complaints so wasn't sure whether I needed this appliance, reviewers said it made they their already good skin look amazing so I was persuaded! Bought mine a month ago, the regular Mia (yeah, coupon at Ulta!), and also bought the delicate brush for my x sensitive skin.

It feels good in the hand, is waterproof and the charge lasts forever. Btw it comes with the 'sensitive' brush which is confusing as the 'delicate' brush is for very sensitive skin. First time I used it my skin got slightly irritated. I found it scratchy although I used it less than one minute with a light hand (didn't push it into my skin). Waited a week, tried it again which was somewhat better however it had a drying effect on my skin. Still not convinced.

Went online where one reviewer said the inner brush (the circulating part) can be pushed out from the outer (non circulating part); do this before you attach it. This made a big difference and I found it much gentler to use, the outer part serves as a splash guard. This modified version leaves a tiny brush that was both gentler and easier to maneuver around the nose area too. I used the sensitive brush it came with as a body brush in the shower although the one minute timer shut off was annoying, the results were great esp on legs.

Essentially Clarisonic cleans and polishes your skin leaving a smooth finish; moisturizer absorbs better and make up goes on flawless. I use it only every few days at night, no way would my skin tolerate twice daily. This product does exfoliate and found it much gentler than manual exfoliating which was a nice surprise.

I didn't see a big difference however the other day a sales woman remarked that I had great skin so maybe it'll be a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Lj806

Dont know how i lived without it.

I notice how lumpy and unclean my skin feels when i forget to use it!
You think your face is squeaky clean, use this, and a whole face of makeup comes off!

My HG skincare product, worth the money!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

holy bejesus i am on the fence about the mia2 w/sensitive head brush. i do NOT have sensitive skin people-my skin is very thick & oily and i have been doing acids for a very long time. the 1st week i got this, i used it only ONCE a night (not twice a day like they recommend) for a week and this thing broke me out like crazy AND made my face burn! i did not put any pressure, i used the whole "limp wrist" method and it was still too much. i cut down to using it 2x a week and its SO much better now. i would really be cautious with this if you have super sensitive skin, even the sensitive brush is just too rough! ive been using it for about a month now and although i personally don't see a difference, my gf just told me that she thought my face looked, "smooth and glowy". for $139.99...i cant really say its worth it. wait and get it on sale (wasn't it on sale for $99.00 during sephora's black friday??) if you can! the plus': it comes with a wonderful magnetic charger and a carrying case :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by melky

I really really really wanted to love this. I waited and researched a long time before purchasing.

I tried the Olay version, and found that it burst some capillaries on my cheek (I already had one small burst on one cheek prior to using this so I believe I am prone). I was worried that the Clarsonic would have a similar effect. A sales person at Sephora denied that this would happen even after my experience with the Olay version since he felt the Clarsonic was gentler, so I decided to bite the bullet and buy the Clarsonic.

I used the Clarsonic 3 times, and have noticed burst capillaries in both cheeks. I've discontinued use. I would image that this is likely not a common result of using the Clarsonic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

I really love the clarisonic MIA. It is super pricey but so worth it. It really helps exfoliate and apply products and my skin has thanked me since beginning use.

I recommend to all of you. I would give a 5 stars but it broke down on my once and I had to buy another. Thats not so bad, as it lasted me 3 years the first time!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this review after having used the Clarisonic Mia for a bit over two months.

Basics about my skin: combo (oily tzone, normal cheeks), early 20s, mild adult acne (right cheek and chin), facial redness, normal skin thickness - not particularly delicate or thin

First off, I bought this without any expectation of suddenly having perfect clear skin after using this. What I did expect was an electronic brush which would do a better job of cleaning my skin than just my fingers which would then, in theory, make my skin happier since it was getting cleaned properly. So were my expectations met then? Most definitely.

Original major con: When I first brought my Mia home and started charging it, I nearly returned it. When I was charging it, it vibrated/pulsed loudly every single time the light flashed and made a weird "glug" noise. I was beyond irritated and after doing a quick google search, apparently many people have experienced this defect for years which does not bode well for Clarisonic paying attention to customer reviews or complaints. I seriously wanted to return it but the mall was already closed. Fortunately the weird noises and vibrations stopped after around 6 hours (the mia needs a full 24hr charge since it arrives completely drained of batteries) and I've had no problems since. I'm assuming it's a weird thing the Mia does when it's completely depleted.

I started using this once a day at night since I wanted to ease my skin into having a manual brush scrub at it. First time I used the included delicate brush head I was shocked at how rough it felt on my skin! I wasn't pressing down hard but it felt extremely abrasive. After 2 more uses, my skin got used to it and I'm fine now but it might be something those with thin or delicate skin should keep in mind. I wear makeup nearly everyday and I always take off all my makeup first with a cleansing oil before using a liquid cleanser with my Mia. After my first use, I definitely felt that my skin was really clean and removed every last bit of my stubborn sunscreen. My toner and face cream definitely absorbed much more quickly after I started using my Mia.

After around 1.5 weeks, I started using the Mia twice a day. I didn't experience crazy purging but that might be because I already have acne so getting a few more pimples didn't freak me out or seem completely out of the norm. A few niggling cystic pimples lurking in my acne zone (cheek and chin) did finally surface and pop but aside from that, I didn't break out anywhere new. But by week 3, I was surprised to notice one morning that my facial redness has been lessening - while there is some immediate redness after washing my face, it quickly faded and my overall redness has decreased. Also my skin texture is much softer and smoother than it was pre-Mia since I am essentially gently exfoliating twice a day.

Overall I'd have to say my skin has improved since starting with the Mia. My acne has calmed down - my TOM breakouts aren't as large/last as long and my general normal breakouts have reduced to maybe 1-2 spots a week versus ~4/week. However, this is NOT because the Mia is a miracle acne killer! In my opinion, my skin is improving because I'm spending more time cleansing my skin. When I just use my hands, I scrub my face for maybe 15-20 seconds? But with the Mia, since there a minute-long timer, I spend at least 40 seconds longer than normal cleaning my face. Also using a brush definitely helps clean a bit deeper into the skin along with softening it through manual exfoliation.

I'm very happy with my Mia - it was ridiculously expensive at $139 + tax (so around $189CDN total) but if you can get it on sale at Sephora/use a gift card, I think it's money well spent. The charger is great since it's magnetic and has dual voltage so great for travelling. It's not a miracle worker but definitely a great helper. Highly recommend if this is within your budget!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

Finally, I was convinced to try Clarisonic. I have been hearing about this for a couple of years but a lot of people swear by it so last night I bought the Mia First (was on sale for $99) at Macy's. So far, my combination skin likes it. Still hoping I wouldn't break out or purge like some do. My flaky skin due to cold weather has somewhat been better and the oiliness is lesser. So I would continue using it. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is the price.

UPDATE: After a month of using Clarisonic my skin was at the worst condition it could ever be in! I would cry every night, I couldn't take looking at the mirror. But I'm in my almost 3 months of using and my gosh! My skin is less oily, break outs are lesser, scars are fading and blackheads have decreased to 10%! I can't wash my face without this. I would feel incomplete! I use it twice a day. Truly, patience is a virtue. I am sticking to my routine. Cetaphil, Clarisonic, Benzoyl Peroxide and Clinique moisturizer. Clarisonic helped save my skin! I'm in love!