September 20, 2014 | 1412 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in Syrup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! Its more than what I expected. I went to the MAC counter looking for an everyday wearable pinky mauvy toned color that was buildable. This is exactly that. Its more purpley than expected but its very subtle. Its creamy and glossy (MAC Lustre) and not drying at all. You dont need a lip liner or a gloss. Its a really a low maintanace lip look. You put it on straight from the tube and you're good to go. It got 4 lippies insted of 5 because I think the staying power is not as great as expected. Given the price the staying power should be better. But overall its a really great lipstick and I have no regrets.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a MLBB shade, the first MA who assisted me selected a shade that was a little too brown for me, the second MA recommended Syrup when I told her I wanted something more pink. I love it, paired with Mac liner in Dervish it has a more mauve appearance, when alone its more pink, like my lips got a subtle "oomph." Overall I am very pleased with this lipstick, it is similar to Viva Glam VI SE however it is not as saturated.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My absolute favorite everyday lipstick. The colour itself is fabulous, on me it comes off as a pinkish red shade that is a "my lips but better" color for me as well. My lips are very pigmented and very red, and this works wonderfully. It does not overpower my pale complexion, and it really looks natural, meaning that it does not contrast so much with my features to the point where it looks like I am wearing something, but really gives me a nicer lip. The formula is wonderful, very smooth and not drying at all, yet it lasts a decent amount of time. I would not go so far as to say that it is moisturizing, but it has never sapped my lips of moisture which is an A+ in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by neddykapoozle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the exact color of my lips, so it's great to slap on when I want to look put together and not overdone. MAC describes this as a cloudy pink, which I guess is pretty accurate. I do get a little purple from this, but nothing ridiculous looking. This pretty much evens out the color of my lips and make me looks all neat and nice. Standard lipstick bullet, nothing you'd be embarrassed to whip out for touch ups. I think all MAC lipsticks smell funny, but I can live with it. It's a handy shade to have on hand. Nothing earth shaking, just nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by HildeMV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite toned down pink lipstick. It is a cool-toned pretty pink that goes very well against my cool toned skin. It's not a very bright pink, but it's more than, say, hug me. This lipstick is very similar to Viva Glam VI SE, at least applied. It is slightly glossy as it is a lustre formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by annavc2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a beautiful colour. A cool mauve, looks quite purple in the tube, but due to the lustre finish, goes on the lips to leave a light stain, almost with the shine of a gloss. Once the initial shine wears off, the violet hue will stain your lips, even pigmented ones like mine. I have dark blonde hair and blue eyes, and this really brightens and brings out the blue in my eyes, and because it is blue toned, whitens the teeth. Feels super comfortable on the lips, great staying power.

I can't rate this well for price, it's $60.00 in my country. But it would be WELL worth the $14.50 it is in the States. The packaging is the normal tube from MAC's permanent line, the 'bullets'.

Will certainly repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite MAC lipstick so far, and the one to reignite my interest in the brand’s lip products. Usually I find MAC bullets ridiculously drying, zapping all my pleasure in the wonderful colours of them. Syrup is ‘your lips but better’ on me, being just the tiniest bit darker than is natural. Almost imperceptible. My boyfriend has cocked his head at me inquisitively when I wear this, unsure whether he can see lipstick or not. He doesn’t like the tacky feel of gloss, so this is a good compromise for me, if I want to be kissed. The colour itself lifts my face, which is warm but very fair, with blond hair framing dark blue eyes. I’m listing that in case it helps someone. I was surprised this one suited me so well, as there is a tinge of mauve to it. Both I and the MAC sales assistant exclaimed when I applied it at the MAC counter, so surprised were we how well this seemingly unexciting colour worked. The lustre formulation is fairly moisturising, but I still wear it over balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I must join the ranks of the true believers and post my positive review of Syrup. A lovely cool medium pink color with a creamy texture, Syrup is an every day natural lip color for me. Great as a counterbalance for dramatic eyes and works equally well for light makeup days. So glad I found this gem! Will definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I decided to try this lippie after a lot of recs from fellow Mua'ers, so i B2M for it. I have very pigmented lips so this lipstick is my, lips but better lippie. Its a lovely everyday lipstick for me , smells lovely and gives a glossy finish. love it .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by squishycats

If you've never tried "mauve" or purple-y lipsticks (because you thought they would be unflattering), you shouldn't be afraid of this shade.

I would call Syrup a really sheer pink with slight mauve. It's very inoffensive, so I think this would look good on anyone.

I personally love sheerer colors; I wouldn't go for this lipstick if you like really pigmented lipsticks, or long-lasting lipsticks. The only downside to Syrup is that it doesn't last very long, maybe two hours at the most.

The price is pretty ridiculous to me, though. I wouldn't buy this again because I could probably get a similar-colored lipgloss for much cheaper and of the same quality and lasting power as MAC's syrup.