E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner - Black

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water(Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Xathan Gum, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

on 8/30/2013 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Decent, not wonderful. But for only about $2 at my local discount store, cannot complain! I find I need to line my eyes with a pencil liner first to make the e.l.f. actually stick or pop on my eye lids. I probably won't re purchase and just go back to my Almay liquid liner. If you want a nice bargin though, and are patient and can afford the time for a couple of layers of this (even over a black pencil) it's okay.

UPDATE: I bought the Wet n Wild Mega Liner for just a little over $5, so I think I will use that instead. The e.l.f. needs too many coats and touch ups. But again, I cannot complain since my experiment is only $1.75 :)

on 8/24/2013 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's pretty good for the price. The pigmentation could be better, but the brush is great and it dries quickly and doesn't flake.

I love this thing. I think the best thing about it is its brush/applicator. It's just the right level of tiny. I mean, compared to my LA Colors liquid eyeliner which has a longer brush tip, I find that the ELF one really enables me to navigate through my eyes without having to spill product onto my actual eyeballs whenever I get really close to my lash line. I thoroughly enjoyed it. At Php 129.75, you really can't go wrong. Although after about a year of good use, the label on the packaging has faded and the cap has cracked (I have dropped it a few times) but it still stands strong. I also noticed that the formula went thin after a year, but in its hey day, it really packed on just the right amount of black tinge that I needed and it stay put on my lids. I wouldn't really say that it's stellar, but it's good enough, especially for girls on a budget. I made the most of this product. I think after a year, it's ready to succumb to its death (morbid much? Ha ha!). This is perfect for people who are only starting out to experiment with makeup. Not sure if I'll repurchase this anytime soon as I still have my LA Colors LE to count on for now.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've used this eyeliner for months now & i love it. I've never had a problem with it. Its hard to believe for some people it doesn't dry fast enough. Mine doesn't do that. It goes on nicely and stays perfectly on all day until its time to take it off. Which was surprising to me when i first bought it because i didn't expect to like it that much. I bought it because I stopped wearing liquid eyeliner for years and i wanted something easy to start getting the hang of liner again. I really like the quality of this one. It goes on nicely black, doesn't flake, and its easy to work with.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So, I have to give credit where credit is due. I did not have high hopes for this eyeliner. The packaging reminded me of the WnW liquid liner which I hated and I expected this to work the same. I expected it to have issues drying, to flake, to smudge and go on uneven which is why it sat in the bottom of my makeup drawer for 6 months unopened. The only reason I busted this baby out is because I'm starting to do test runs of my Halloween makeup and I didn't wasn't to mess up my good liners. I figured for a buck who cares if I ruin it, right?

Much to my surprise this had a really nice gloss to it. It went on smooth, the lines were nice, and it stayed put. It was a little tacky for the first few minutes and it does flake a little bit after a while but overall it performed a lot better than I expected. I actually might buy this again.

i couldn't quite find the right liquid eyeliner that i bought from elf but the one i have is the " precision ) its in a straight tube it has a very thin brush that works perfect for me , i highly recommend this, i don't know about the other ones but this one seems very simple to get the thin line you want without struggling :)

on 8/5/2013 7:53:00 PM

My mom bought me this eyeliner at target, because i was out and i guess she didnt know what type i usually wear. I dont like elf products but i had never used their liquid eyeliner So i thought i would give it a try because, why not. But its terrible just like most elf products.I put it on and it took forever to dry. It also showed little patches of my skin if you looked closely on my line. So it had looked like i missed spots. Even when i tried to keep dipping it to get an even line, it still did the same thing. After Realizing how shitty it looked and how difficult it was to put on, i tried to remove it with a makeup wipe. And i guess parts of it where still a little wet or something because a whole bunch of it literally got onto my eye and inside my lid!!!! And yes i know how to remove makeup! It took me a while to get allthe makeup out of my eye but the parts ofthe eyeliner that dried, were a bitch to get off! I have a lot of expirience with makeup because ive purchased so much before. And i know whats good and bad. This stuff is crap! No wonder its so cheap. If you wanna get a gret eyeliner, than get revlons because its only a few more bucks and works great. If you think this elf crap is great, you have no idea what your already missing out on. Nuff said.

on 8/4/2013 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this liner! It's cheap, it lasts, and that's all that matters! It's pretty pigmented for only being a dollar. All you have to do is set this with some black eyeshadow and it'll last ALL day! Why spend $20 or more on liquid liner when this exists and does the exact same thing?

on 7/30/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the second best eyeliner under the 5 dollar range IMO. Dries shiny almost matte, stays put till the end of the day but its not the blackest black. For a dollar if I ask for anything more its a crime :)

on 7/20/2013 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this liquid eyeliner. Been using it for a year now. This product has great pigmentation and is easy to apply. I actually like this better than my wet-n-wild Mega Liquid Eyeliner since the brush is a bit thicker, so you could actually see the line. Unlike, the wet-n-wild one where the brush is really thin, so sometimes I have to double coat it to actually see the effects of the product. The only problem I have for this eyeliner is it doesn't last very long. It flakes off or smudges after 3-8 hours which is disappointing.