July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Blush - NARS - Desire

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this to be almost identical to Smashbox Radiance, but where the Radiance is slightly more berry, this is a little bluer and a little softer. But with that said, I react to this one since it has some micro-shimmer, which you can't really see until it's in the sunlight. I'm not a big fan of the bright colors out there, I find them to be way too much work to get right. I haven't been able to get on the Nars bandwagon, I'm not impressed with their products, or color selection.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by nuclearteeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

NARS describes this as a "cotton candy pink" and whoever wrote the copy wasn't kidding! The product is bright and almost garish in the pan but, when applied with a light hand, you get a gorgeous, vibrant, dolly pink that lasts all day. Best of all, this works across skin tones! I wear NARS Sheer Glow in the shade Macao (NW43/NC45/NC50 in MAC terms, I think) and the color was bright and beautiful. Brown girls, don't pass this by!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by vitamins

I just bought this product this morning after about a week of deliberation. Last week I plumped for Deep Throat, which provides a lovely, natural flush for my NW20 skin. While I was still deciding which shade I should buy, a sales assistant recommended Desire to me. First impressions weren't good, I couldn't believe how bright it was and I immediately thought that the assistant was trying to push something on me to make me look 'edgy' when really all I wanted to achieve was a mixture of natural beauty with a girly, pretty element to it. So I went on my way with DT, but Desire was still tempting me. I trawled the net for swatches and reviews, and in the end I went for it. And thank God I did too! It's wonderful. The trick is to apply it with a light hand. I apply mine with my MAC 187 brush and it gives me the prettiest pink flush. It takes a lot for me to say that I'd repurchase a product because I'm constantly looking for new make-up to try. Desire just put a stop to that, I just know I'm going to buy it again and again, please don't think it's not for you until you try it for yourself! It certainly surprised me and I'm very glad I took a risk.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I'm the type of person who thinks a look is complete only with some blush. Desire is a lovely product but I hardly use it. I wish I could use it more often. A nice colour, I'm a NC25 currently so a little on me goes a long way. I love the packaging on all NARS products, sleek rubbery black casing. And the mirror actually works! I picked this up because I wanted a colour with less shimmer than MAC Dollymix. I'm not a big fan of glitter or shimmer in blushes. So I rarely use the Dollymix but Desire is a great shade. It looks extreme in the pan but once you sweep and apply you see it's not at all scary. I usually build the colour up to whatever desired look I'm going for. I do think one or two sweeps gives a fresher more youthful flush. I prefer to use this when I'm going light on my eyes and lips. I doubt I'll repurchase because I have had it for a year and still haven't hit pan. And I use it once every two months. SO I won't be running out anytime soon. Another downside is that it's expensive. I like to use my expensive products, to get my money's worth. If anyone knows a good dupe let me know!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my 1st blushes. Like most of my stash, I bought this due to a review on youtube. Im a NW 50 and this blush gives the most amazing natural flush. I think this is a color that can suit all skintones. I was also scared of pink/purples blushes because of my skintone, but ladies dont be intimidated, we can wear colors like these too and not end up looking like a clown. Of course, like all NARS blushes its super pigmented, all I need to do is tap my brush into the pan once and literally thats all I need.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by KatieA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first saw it in the pan I thought it was very bright and would look awful. However, it makes my skin look flushed and gives a "cool" as opposed to "warm" look if that makes any sense. So I'd prefer this blush in colder months and I use Amour in the warmer months. I have warm undertones so I usually steer clear of pinks, but this happens to work well with me. Perhaps it's because I'm so pale. I really don't have a lot of makeup and the products I do have are typically cheap, but I really love NARS blushes and foundation (Sheer glow in Siberia). This was $27. $29.50 with tax at a Sephora.

Pros:

Looks natural, translucent and is matte. Of course that's only a pro if you don't like shimmer/glitter/sparkle in your blush

A little goes a very long way. I know that's been said in many reviews, but it's true!

Cons:

Packaging isn't great. It picks up makeup and smudges.

Pricey ($27 where I purchased)

Perhaps not for everyone. As I said, it's a "cool" color so I am assuming people with warm undertones might not think it looks right.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by kyky20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! this is a very bright, gorgeous pink. It gives the cheeks an amazing glowy flush. So perfect for spring coming up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by annellelazatin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

In my quest to find the perfect NARS blush (ie my beloved Outlaw), I found this. The color is extremely intimidating in the pan and the store didnt have a tester so I took my chances when i bought it. I'm so happy that I did. I just dip my MAC 187 brush into this twice and I've got the best, most natural looking flush ever. I'm normally NC 25 and tan to about an NC30-35 and it looks great either way. It gives me that "I just worked out" glow without the unnecessary glitter. Highly recommend! Just please keep in mind that your blush brush has just as much to do with it as the blush itself! (I tried this with a regular blush brush and I looked like bozo. MAC 187 is perfect!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I thought Mata Hari was out of this earth pink, but this one is even more crazier and I love!
Not only is this a cotton candy pink, it is extremly pigmented, so if your not careful and use a light hand, you are guaranteed to get aunt Sally's cheeks.
I'm NC30 in terms of foundation, and I dont believe this blush is for every skin tone, I think this blush is better for lighter skin people. Although stating that it's not suitable for every skin tone, I find it workable, and everyone needs a cotton candy pink blush ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm neutral on this. I wanted a pink blush and after reading so many great reviews on this, I decided to give it a try. Well I was definitely disappointed. Yes it does look intense in the pan, and yes it goes on light when applied lightly and yes it blends well, but my problem was that no matter how sheer and light I applied it, it made me glow almost a neon pink...like a highlighter. I don't know if I'm making sense but even though I apply very lightly, it still gives me this highlighter glow that made me look either too clownish or too superficial. I will stick to Nars Orgasm.