April 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

For $1, you get .15 OZ of product. Urban Decay's Primer Potion is roughly $24 (CAD) and contains .37 OZ of product. I was pleasantly surprised by how well this E.L.F. primer performed throughout the entire day. Upon my first application, things were looking grim because it caked up in the fine lines on my eyelids immediately. I blended it out and let it set for a couple of minutes. I followed with my eyeshadows and hoped for the best. At the end of the day, my eyeshadows and eyeliners were looking just as nice as they did at the beginning of my day. Don't put too much on as it may cake up. Just a thin layer will suffice. I've always been so faithful to UDPP, but of this $1 bargain continues to impress me then I'll be turning to this instead. I wish this packaging was in a squeeze tube because then I could cut it open and dig out the remaining product like I do with UDPP. (Hey, every little bit counts!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by p4percut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought tubes of this product multiple times already. Besides just a primer, it also does a bit of brightening and concealing for me. I'm pretty pale, so this matches pretty perfectly to my skin.

As a concealer, it works great. I use it alone and it doesn't crease at all.

As a primer, it's very finicky. There have been days where it doesn't crease at all and days where it creases near the middle of the day. It has something to do with the initial application of the primer, I just probably need to let it set longer.

All in all, this primer works fine for me. If you need your eyeshadows to stay and you don't mind paying a bit more, go for higher end ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

I've been playing around with this product for a long time now. As an e/s base I find it to be satisfactory but not great; I use it fairly often but it's absolutely not my favorite. However, I've found a use for it and it performs fantastically - as an undereye concealer primer!!! A swipe of this on my inner eye corner and beneath my eyes up to my lashline - blend, let dry, then apply concealer. I find my concealer - even those that don't perform very well - go on soooo smoothly, cover better and last all day. I love this under NYX's Concealer Jar, under mineral concealers and heck, now that I've been using a liquid foundation (Rimmel's Lasting Finish), applying this Mineral Eyeshadow Primer under my eyes, even your FOUNDATION covers undereye circles well! I need much less concealer this way! I also dab this on scars and spots so that concealer and/or foundation adheres better to cover them. So I've purchased several tubes for my stash and travel bag. My one complaint is that inevitably the soft tip of the wand splits and the hard pointed plastic tip breaks through - and it's sharp! So I end up swiping the product onto my fingertip and applying it rather than using the want itself. This is so annoying to me!!! But the $3 price and the great performance as a concealer primer makes it a wonderful product. Do try it for this purpose, and I hope you love it as I do!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great eye shadow primer for the price. I have used Sephora brand primer and Urban decays. Works almost as well as the more expensive primers. So for everyday use I use my elf primer. Special occasions I whip out the Urban Decay.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by leilanader

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the Urban Decay Primer Potion but it is too heavy duty and costly for everyday use. I decided to purchase a more natural primer and this one had good ratings. It is so darn cheap, i said what the hell I'll try it. This beyond exceeded my expectations, I have to say it does a good job at keeping the makeup in place all day. However, it is not as good as the UDPP on the long run. I have slept a few times with my makeup and in the morning the makeup had run whereas with UDPP it stays in place overnight. I know this information is meaningless since no sleeps with their makeup but just thought I would say it lasts all day but not 24h. Will definitely repurchase. Good job ELF:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by janathelamb3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only primers I have ever tried are this one and ELF's $1 primer. I really couldn't tell much of a difference between the two except this one seems more creamy. This is the only primer I would ever buy. It does it's job and it's $3. It's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by miiiamiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a very inexpensive primer, this has far exceeded my expectations. It applied very evenly and is very lightweight. The medium shade that I got will make any shadow color pop out for any skin type. The only thing is that this primer takes a little more while to dry than typical primers. Wait at least 3 minutes so the shadow does not look muddy. I also did not like the packaging (kind of unimportant because it's $1 and works decently) as the tube with the applicator is a breeding ground for bacteria, so make sure you wash your face/around the eye area before application. Use fingers to spread it over your lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For me this was a very good product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my eyeshadow did fade a little bit throughout the day but i'd rather have that done then my eyeshadow creasing on me. BUT IT SOO WORTH IT BECAUSE IT'S CHEAP!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by CarriexR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good primer for very natural sheer looks, because it doesn't make the eyeshadow colour stand out as much as a mac paint pot would. So far it tends to keep colour on for a while, I don't think it could manage it all day though =\

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Natisawesome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Yes it is totally comparable to UDPP. Trust me, I was very skeptical when I purchased this, especially for my oilyoilyoily lids but it proved me wrong. I guess with ELF products it's either very good or very bad. And this is one of their star products. I'll probably never go back to UDPP. And it's dirt cheap.
I'm not a huge fan of the packaging though , I would prefer a tube texture where the primer can be squeezed out. Oh well.
Application: Put a few dots on eyelids. It has a very creamy texture and it is super blend-able. After you have covered your eyelid with it, wait for a while for the product to dry. Approximately 2-3 minutes. It will finish up to a matte texture, than you can put on your eye shadow and they won't budge or crease till you remove them.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No