E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Isododecane, Cylopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

I have both urban decays primer potion and the elf primer. I can honestly say that the elf is pretty comparable to the UD! I wish I would have bought the ELF before the UD.

At first, I was skeptical because of the price. I thought that if it was cheap, the product would be bad. This primer is comparable to any other primer I have ever used. It is also wonderful as a concealer. I have pale skin and the tone blended well with my skin. It can take a few minutes to dry, but otherwise, works very well. The length of time to create a crease on my eyelid with eye shadow can depend: sometimes, it will last all day (6a-10p) and sometimes even 6 hours, but for the price, you can't beat it! It also really depends on the quality of eye shadow you are using with this primer. And the best thing about this is that it is only a dollar! I love this product and will continue to use it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this product is very comparable to the UDPP as there is practically no difference in how well it makes eyeshadow stay. a very good product, cheap and affordable too. i dont find it makes my eyeshadow more vibrant, as it does have a matt finish and pretty much just works to control oil, to make it more vibrant try using a shadow stick underneath, like nyx jumbo eye pencils

EDIT: it holds eyeshadow well and it does mattify, but i find the udpp is better for liner and tightlining

I really wanted to like this, theres nothing of elf that ive disliked so far. I got this in "sheer" but it is not. It alters the color of the shadow. It leaves a silver or frost residue. Otherwise it works well, does not crease and leaves a nice highlight under the eye area. But my eyeshadow collection is very neutral & the colors do not pop as well, maybe it works well with vibrant neon shadows but thats not my style. I will stay with my palladio herbal, works well and just a couple bucks more

I could only get my hands on the $1tube, but I like it. I go back and fourth between this and udpp and I really only notice a slight difference. I will be repurchasing this.

Does what it's supposed to. I do get occasional creasing after a long 12 hour work day... But that is a loooooooong time to be wearing eye makeup. Too faced shadow insurance will last 16. But for one dollar I have no complaints what so ever!! This stuff is awesome. Save yourself some $$ ladies!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this primer. It keeps my shadow on all day and doesn't crease. I am NC30 olive Latina and this does appear to make my lids a little lighter than before I use it. I wait for it to set with my eyes closed for about 30 seconds before applying shadow. I don't have very oily lids, but I do have very oily skin for reference.

When I put it on my lid... it turned grey... and I creased really quickly

My major problem with eyeshadow is immediate fading and creasing. I can't afford expensive primers, so when this was recommended to me I thought I'd give it a go.

In terms of color boosting and intensifying, this is no UDPP. I didn't notice a difference on that front at all. It also makes blending noticeably more difficult for me, meaning my eye routine takes a little longer. I was so irritated by this and the lack of intensifying power that after I used it the first time I was resolved to come here and give this a one rating.

And then I looked in the mirror throughout the day and what to my wondering eyes should appear but completely impeccable shadow. I don't have particularly oily lids so I can't speak for people who have more of a problem in this area for me, but this product is a lifesaver for long wear. I only get the faintest creasing after 9 to 10 hours of wear if I use this first, and since it was only a dollar, well--I'm sold. Despite the application problems this causes (which for all I know is a problem for all primers, I have no idea), I use this all the time now. When even your boyfriend notices your eyeshadow is holding up well you know you're on to a winner. Until I can afford to try something more high-end this has become a vital part of my routine.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a very specific review on its effect on one eyeshadow compared to UDPP.

I'm a very simple girl with makeup, especially eyeshadow. My daily look is a smokey eyeshadow-as-eyeliner type of thing. The eyeshadow in question is Estee Lauder in Chocolate -- it's the perfect warm color for my eyes, and it blends beautifully. However, it fades within an hour if it's not on a primer.

Put to the test, the Estee Lauder eyeshadow lasted 3 hours on E.L.F. mineral primer--whereas UDPP let it stay without fading for a good 6+ hours. As much as I wished it did, this product didn't cut it for me :(