October 20, 2014 | 1116 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goal: to volumize and lengthen my blonde, thin lashes.

Pros:
- no transferring to upper eyelids (common problem for me)
- buildable volume and length
- very dramatic appearance
- fast drying

Cons:
- smells like chemicals (apparently it is a "rose" scent but I think it's just awful) even my husband smelled it when we got in the car one night
- "S" shaped brush can be a bit difficult to use and get an even result. Would prefer a simpler shape!

Despite the smell and brush shape, this mascara still gives the best result - buildable volume and length! I will keep repurchasing. I wouldn't use this mascara unless you are going for a dramatic look. For a more natural appearance I would suggest Lanc˘me Doll Lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by catwood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

not too sure how i feel about this product. had a really nice smell, brush was good. however, if i decided to use more than 2 coats it would look great when i put on then a few hours later i would actually have parts of the mascara crumble off and sit under my eyes.
would probably still buy again though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by hazencai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Desperately wanted to love this mascara as I had tested the original Hypnose in the past. The formula in it was far too much on the brush and made my lashes stick together, spider leg effect! Eeeek. It could be that I haven't used it enough to gain enough technique, so I will keep trying!

Having paid $60NZD on this mascara I am not going to give in easily! I will use it until every last bit is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by mayla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This mascara takes a bit of getting used to as the brush is quite an odd shape and if you don't use it properly your lashes end up looking clumpy and crap. However, once you get the hang of applying it, hello drama! When applying, the wide part of the brush should be flat against your lashes and as you sweep out, turn the brush down slightly so the narrow side can separate your lashes at the tips (I think there's a tutorial on the Lancome website to follow). Anyway, once I discovered the correct application method, I couldn't get over how good my lashes looked - really long, thick and dramatic! I wouldn't recommend using a curler with this product as for one it doesn't really need it but mainly, it would be much more difficult to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by laurencampbell81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this product as I had been told by many how good Hypnose mascara was. I picked up the Hypnose drama, as it was advertised as being 'volumising and lash enhancing'. I was quite dissapointed. The mascara was glittery, which was not advertised, and the mascara was not volumising or lash enhancing. I would try the Lancome mascara again, but perhaps go for the original Hypnose product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by ersybar7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I heard all these raves about Lancome's mascaras, particularly the Hypnose ones, so naturally I was interested despite the fact I knew going in that it would not be cheap. I reeally wanted to love this, but sadly I was a bit disappointed. I won't be buying it again.
The sales lady who sold me this told me that it was a best-seller, everyone loves it and I would not be disappointed. Of course she would say this, and still after hearing her and many other reviews my expectations I admit were high. But to my frusteration I found this mascara actually does the opposite of what I thought it would do and what it says it will do. This Hypnose Drama stuff is supposed to be volumizing and I guess "plump" up your eyelashes for that dramatic look, but instead I found it was just so-so. It's not the worst mascara out there, but it gives you more of just a basic, natural look with maybe a bit of length. The few positive things I did notice is that 1.) it doesn't clump and 2.) the lid snaps when you close it, which I thought was kind of cool.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried a gwp size of this. Mascara's success depends on both formula and brush. While this one is not an awful mascara, life is too short to use 3-lippie mascara : )
If you ignore the silly S-shape of the brush and just use the curve like any other curved or spoon-shaped brush, it's not bad. The bristles are too far apart for my taste though. Combine that with a too-wet formula, and I ended up with several lashes wetly stuck together, needing a metal lash comb. The look was overall not too bad, but far from HG. Decent length and so-so volume...drier formulas volumize better in my opinion. It did not hold curl nor did it completely wilt my curl. But one thing I cannot forgive (and will never understand) is fragrance in mascara. Being Lancome, this one is literally perfumed. Driving to work, I could smell my mascara--think about how wrong that is. It's my eyes, they don't need to smell good. I also felt like maybe it was making my eyes a little itchy (perhaps a psychological reaction to the scent).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by nyp

Yes, this gets clumpy the first few times you use it. If it's day time just apply one layer until you get used to it, then you can do what you want.
If it does get clumpy you can use those mascara like brushes.
Obviously in the evening apply as many layers as you like! Go for it.

It is the blackest, most dramatic, lengthening and thickening mascara ever and I love it. It makes my eyes look bigger. It's definitely not a subtle look. I don't even need to use eyelash curlers with this.

No complaints! It lasts all day and doesn't flake off.
Actually...it is hard to wash/take off. That is a downside but doesn't bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

My fav mascara ever is Lanc˘me's Definicils but this one is also really nice, although the effect is different.
Hypn˘se drama gives me chunky, long and dramatic lashes that frame my eyes nicely. It's not waterproof but it can handle rain quite well and it doesn't flake, which is of course good (and expected due to the price).
I will probably repurchase it one day but I have tons of other mascaras I want to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by pineapple808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh man I LOVE this mascara!! It's my favorite mascara ever! no matter how much I apply it doesnt clump on me. Its all about application. I hate the price, that's the only down side but its worth it in my book. I would have to put coat after coat after coat with most drugstore mascaras to achieve the same result of just 1 or 2 coats with this one. Lancome never fails at mascara!