October 21, 2014 | 2067 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Superstay

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by darkopacity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has great coverage for a drugstore concealer but it just does not live up to its 24 hr no transfer promise. I find the Revlon Colorstay concealer stays on longer and is more water resistant compared to the Maybelline Superstay concealer, but the Revlon Colorstay didn't give me as much coverage and is not as buildable as Superstay is. This is a great concealer for good coverage and you can layer it on without it slipping off. It just doesn't 'superstay' on a person like me who moisturizes heavily before putting on makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by echmae

I really like this concealer. My favorite concealer is by clinique, but it's really expensive. This is my second favorite. It has really great coverage and evens out my skin really well. It does a decent job of covering even the worst blemishes. And it lives up to its name, it really does last a long time. It comes in a really small bottle though, so it doesn't last too long. And, like most concealers, even when there is some left in the bottle, you can't get to it because the stupid wand doesn't dip all the way in. I find that if you microwave it for a couple seconds you can get more out of it (just don't melt the bottle). Overall, this is my favorite concealer that can be bought at a grocery store or drugstore. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by PMKarabel

This is honestly the best concealer you can get at the drugstore. Maybelline makes the best concealers anyway, but this SuperStay is really amazing. I have some acne but a lot of acne scarring and honestly, I can use this without even using foundation. It sticks for about 8 hours for me and my oily skin.
PROS: It lasts! It covers the blemishes instead of emphasizing them because it's so creamy, and it is an amazing price.
CONS: I don't love the wand, but I use a foundation brush anyway so that's kind of a mood point. Also I wish the tube was bigger.
OVERALL: I have bought this again and again because it works. I would definitely try this before the Mineral Power concealer. Great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by falloutgirl

This product is a god-send. After a course of Accutane, I have been left with severe acne scarring, and have tried many, many, many concealers to hide this: Mac, Makeup Forever, Cover FX, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Vichy Dermablend as well as countless drugstore brands. In the end, I always come back to this one. It has the best coverage of any concealer I have tried, and it does so without the dark-ish green cast I normally get from other concealers. With this concealer, I feel like I don't need to wear foundation, only powder. The staying power of this is so-so - for someone with oily skin like me, 24 hours is a joke. Also, I have not been able to find this in Canada (where I live), so everytime we head down to the States, I stock up. Overall, a great, cheap, HG product for me! I wear this in the color, Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ScholarBeauty12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product for redness and blemishes. I wouldn't use this under eyes as it could cake up easily and is VERY opaque. I use this in the fairest color, and while it's a little too fair, it works for me just fine. It lasts and lasts all day on my oily skin and doesn't rub off. My skin isn't too badly scarred, but it helps out tremendously. I would recommend this to both girls who need a little bit of coverage and girls who need a lot. Versatile, cute packaging, a reasonable price and performs great. (Even lasts through the snowy winter and humid summer I have here!)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer! I have both this one and the mineral power one and I prefer this one.

This one covers acne scars, pimples, and redness really well because its so opaque. After you apply it, it really STAYS put. But you have to blend it quickly because it does set.

If you're looking for an under-eye concealer I would say get the Mineral power one but if you need more coverage for blemishes get this one!

EDIT: This is really hard to blend and after your foundation or powder has worm off slightly the concealer is really obvious and oxidizes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AWESOME PRODUCT!!! amazing for undereye circles, and i have severe acne scarring ( i mean severe, no joke), and it covers them up but i do need quite a bit because it is so discolored, however, it lasts a very long time. Dries very fast so be careful but the coverage is incredible and I love that it is so long wearing because i have oily skin and it is pretty warm out these days :) the superstay foundation is amazing as well!!

(Currently I am nw25ish, revlon photoready in 004 nude, and maybelline superstay in nude and the concealer light matches me nicely)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Alex29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i love this product because I spend money and time trying to find the one concealer that would stay on and now I'm proud to say I DID!!!! It's great gives me great coverage stays put and a tiny bit is all u need otherwise it can look very caky so use I little bit blend it fast and good cause it gets dry fast. When is dry and done do not tuch or is going to look caky and very dry under the eye but it's a great product Im going to keep buying it and so yeah I do recommend it :)!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by FancyShmancyBlonde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried many concelaers in my time and this is one of a few that have worked for me. The price is great, around 6 dollars in Target.... covers up what I need covered without giving me that cakey look under my eyes, stays put all day, and just brightens up the under eye area. Being past 50 I thought that this concealer wasn't going to work because I do have those nasty fine lines but I was so pleasantly surprised.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice concealer for a drugstore price. I bought this after watching several YT reviews & was intrigued. Prior to it, I'd been using Bobbi Brown's corrector, which is very creamy & a good color match for me, but alas, not enough coverage. For what I paid for the BB, I was open to finding a cheaper alternative that worked as well, if not better. I bought this in the shade Cream. I don't like that that it sets up so fast (you must work it in very quickly) but other than that, I'm pleased. I now use this over the Bobbi corrector - yeah I know-- 2 steps :( -- but I get long-lasting coverage that isn't cakey... finally! I would repurchase this concealer.