Maybelline Superstay

3.6

on 7/20/2010 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OK, This is one of the only concealers that has ANY staying power on my eyes. That being said there are some things you should know about it.

1. It is drying. Mix it 1:3 eye moisturizer if your greasy. 1:1 if you are dry. Make sure that the product you are mixing with is OIL FREE. This product doesnt like oils. So i highly recommend YES to cucumbers soothing eye gel. Ulta had it for $11 and on average it is $14, but for 1oz verses 0.5oz. this is the cheapest nicest stuff youll find. Mixes well with all makeup, even waterproof and is very non irritating and gentle with some nice hydration. This will also extend the set time as well as make the edges much easier to blend and absorbs clean.

2. This product does have an orange cast to it. So it is very nice for under eye area, but if you are looking for blemish concealer I would go with something else. If you choose to try this, know it runs very light. I had to get medium light and I am pretty pale. (usually 2nd/3rd up from most fair on lines like MUF, BB ect with allot of shade options) So if you think your cream, get one shade darker and just buy it from a place that allows you to return hassle free like ulta.

That being said. Most under eye heavy concealers that dont crease are drying and you really ought to mix regardless. This is the best that I have found for staying power maybe barring Estee lauder (trying that in the next few weeks)

on 7/18/2010 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've tried lots of different undereye concealers for my dark circles. This is the best product yet and one of the cheapest that I've purchased. I will definitely buy again.

I bought this without my research, i like that fact that iit moved with your face and thought that would be perfect for under eye circles as they tend to have crinkly texture. This IS AMAZING STUFF.

My circles are ridiculously bad, i think they are a mix of bad health and sleep deprivation, unless its hereditary. I'm glad i can fix them now.

You can achieve natural results with a good amount of coverage, with one application. But this concealer will let you have a second coating, and actually not get cakey, wrinkley or whatever. It is so good.

GO BUY!

on 7/7/2010 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This concealer is practically bulletproof. If it can stay on in July Oklahoma humidity, I'll bet it can stay on anywhere. The pigmentation is great and it really does cover blemishes and/or scars.

It is a rather dry concealer, however, and can get cakey looking if you aren't careful with your blending. It somewhat settles into the fine lines underneath my eyes, but it's not the worst I've ever seen. If you have dry skin like me you should be careful with this concealer. Honestly I'd probably only use this on blemishes and scars as a spot concealer, I'm not real fond of using it under my eyes. It would probably be less cakey if you applied it under your foundation. Anyway, if you're oily skinned, I'd very much recommend this. The pigmentation and the way it stays on very much outweighs the cons of the product, at least in my opinion.

on 6/29/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

This is a pretty good concealer. It is definitely drying. I would not use this under the eyes without moisturizing. It has better coverage than the mineral power one. Slightly chalky finish. I believe that this works well on blemishes.

on 6/21/2010 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has great coverage for a drugstore concealer but it just does not live up to its 24 hr no transfer promise. I find the Revlon Colorstay concealer stays on longer and is more water resistant compared to the Maybelline Superstay concealer, but the Revlon Colorstay didn't give me as much coverage and is not as buildable as Superstay is. This is a great concealer for good coverage and you can layer it on without it slipping off. It just doesn't 'superstay' on a person like me who moisturizes heavily before putting on makeup.

on 6/17/2010 3:35:00 AM

I really like this concealer. My favorite concealer is by clinique, but it's really expensive. This is my second favorite. It has really great coverage and evens out my skin really well. It does a decent job of covering even the worst blemishes. And it lives up to its name, it really does last a long time. It comes in a really small bottle though, so it doesn't last too long. And, like most concealers, even when there is some left in the bottle, you can't get to it because the stupid wand doesn't dip all the way in. I find that if you microwave it for a couple seconds you can get more out of it (just don't melt the bottle). Overall, this is my favorite concealer that can be bought at a grocery store or drugstore. I will definitely purchase again.

on 5/16/2010 9:25:00 PM

This is honestly the best concealer you can get at the drugstore. Maybelline makes the best concealers anyway, but this SuperStay is really amazing. I have some acne but a lot of acne scarring and honestly, I can use this without even using foundation. It sticks for about 8 hours for me and my oily skin.
PROS: It lasts! It covers the blemishes instead of emphasizing them because it's so creamy, and it is an amazing price.
CONS: I don't love the wand, but I use a foundation brush anyway so that's kind of a mood point. Also I wish the tube was bigger.
OVERALL: I have bought this again and again because it works. I would definitely try this before the Mineral Power concealer. Great buy.

on 5/4/2010 7:38:00 PM

This product is a god-send. After a course of Accutane, I have been left with severe acne scarring, and have tried many, many, many concealers to hide this: Mac, Makeup Forever, Cover FX, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Vichy Dermablend as well as countless drugstore brands. In the end, I always come back to this one. It has the best coverage of any concealer I have tried, and it does so without the dark-ish green cast I normally get from other concealers. With this concealer, I feel like I don't need to wear foundation, only powder. The staying power of this is so-so - for someone with oily skin like me, 24 hours is a joke. Also, I have not been able to find this in Canada (where I live), so everytime we head down to the States, I stock up. Overall, a great, cheap, HG product for me! I wear this in the color, Cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product for redness and blemishes. I wouldn't use this under eyes as it could cake up easily and is VERY opaque. I use this in the fairest color, and while it's a little too fair, it works for me just fine. It lasts and lasts all day on my oily skin and doesn't rub off. My skin isn't too badly scarred, but it helps out tremendously. I would recommend this to both girls who need a little bit of coverage and girls who need a lot. Versatile, cute packaging, a reasonable price and performs great. (Even lasts through the snowy winter and humid summer I have here!)