August 22, 2014 | 1977 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this liner when I was on a kick about shaking up my makeup routine. I've always loved the way liner looks on upper lids (thus far, I've only been a eyeliner-on-the-waterline kinda gal) but I've yet to master the process of application. After trying and trying to do a perfect line, I ended up tossing this in a drawer and leaving it. I just recently dug it out and have been using it for the past few weeks. I still can't do a decent upper lid line to save my life but I've found this liner works very, very well as budge proof liner for the waterline. Who knew?

When I did use this liner on my upper lids, I did so sparingly as (again) I'm still trying to master the application. I did find that it works very well on upper lids. I have oily lids and it never smeared even without a primer or eyeshadow. After watching some random makeup video where the subject advising using a gel liner for the waterline (why this never occurred to me in the 20+ years I've been slapping makeup on my mug, I'll never know), I've been using this on my waterline for the last few weeks. I've used nearly every pencil on the planet in hopes of finding one that didn't smear but never found one that actually stays. I always end up with black smudgies under my eyes or the liner migrates to the crook of my eyes and creates black eye boogies. Thus far, the Drama Liner stays put but, even better, it stays vibrantly black. I use a flat eye brush to apply a nice amount and even by the end of the day, it's still exactly where I put it.

The downsides to this liner is that it dries out quickly. I keep all my makeup in a drawer away from light and I always make sure the lids are on tight but this still dried out fairly quickly after I bought it. In comparison, I bought MAC's Fluidline around the same time and the gel still looks as good as the day I bought it. I also found that the brush that comes along with this pretty useless. That could be due to my own ineptness but I bought a MAC eyeliner brush shortly after I bought this liner and it works much better. Your mileage may vary of course.

Overall, this is a great liner. It's cheap, very black and stays put. I'm not crazy about its shelf life but if you're looking for a liner that is fairly cheap and works, this one is a great choice.

Edit to add: I lost my mind and bought two other shades of this, Eggplant and Sapphire, and they're both great. I reach for the Eggplant shade more frequently than I do the black now because Eggplant really makes brown eyes pop. I've also noticed that this really doesn't run or streak. I apply it quite liberally on my waterline and no matter how long it's on, it stays exactly where I put it. HG status but I still wish it didn't dry out so quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by egoodwin

I love gel eyeliners and finding one at a reasonable price is great. I love the little pot and I even love the little brush that it comes with. I think that the formula is nice when you're working with it on your eyes as it gives you enough time to play with the look before it dries. I wear cat eyes every day so it is important to me that my more dramatic look stays and this is where the product is loosing a lippie. After a couple of hours I find that this product has major issues with fading. Perhaps this would be a better product if they had a waterproof or more long lasting formula! Then it would get a five out of five!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Britty18

This is a great gel eyeliner. It is very creamy and pigmented and so easy to apply. I used to use it on my top lid and on my waterline, but the top line always turned out too thick for my liking so I switched to a liquid liner for the top. I still use this on my waterline and it is the only eyeliner I have used which stays on it well. Even though the pot is little this stuff lasts forever! When mine eventually runs out I will definitely buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Eliiiiissaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this is brown and black. I LOVE these gel eyeliners. They're so creamy and vibrant. I use my own eyeliner brush because it gives me more control, but the brush it comes with works pretty well and I sometime ruse it to brush a dark eyeshadow by my bottom lash line as a substitution to eyeliner. Great eyeliner and great price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by elatheindelible

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read a review that said this eye liner lasted on her through the humid weather and even a gym session, so I wanted to check if it holds up to my sweaty, oily face.

No such luck. It's beautiful upon application, but not three hours later I'm left with raccoon eyes. It smudges, which leaves my eyes looking tired as heck. It basically undid what my concealer is supposed to do.

Application is a breeze, though. The formula is pigmented and creamy so beginners like me won't have a hard time applying it. I found it easy to apply a basic line or a cat-eye, so problem.

I'll be trying this with Monistat Chafing Gel as my primer. Hopefully that's make a difference in the lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

great product! i put it on my waterline with a brush and it stays all day. this has NEVER happened to me before. i have NEVER had a product permanently stay on my waterline all day, and this does the trick. this literally won't budge. however, the product not budging also means it will stay on your brushes, and you will literally need to scrub them with eye makeup remover to remove it. i have resorted to just letting the product cake up on my brushes when i use it, too much trouble to remove it each time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Makeuppanda20

I love this gel liner! It's actually the first gel liner I ever bought and I have to say, I' m pretty impressed with the results. I have this in brown. The color is very pigmented and vivid, it's pretty easy to apply, although I wish it was a bit more creamier so that the lines weren't that fuzzy. The gel liner also comes with a small brush which is also handy to use if you don't have a detail brush. I lost mine :( but I got a new angled brush by ecotools so everything is good. To be honest I also use this as a cream shadow on my eyes because I has a nice sub staining power so that it doesn't smudge. Unfortunately for me when I apply this as an eyeliner it some how smudges. Probably because I didn't use eye primer XD. Overall I would definitely repurchase this product again. I would probably buy it in black next too. A definite repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ashleighcashman

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I bought this on a whim one day at the grocery store, and I bought Blackest Black, because I'm all about intense black eyeliner. It's all I wear. I didn't wanna pay for MAC Blacktrack Fluidline, because, let's be honest, their prices are sometimes just ridiculous, and we all know that some people just buy their product because of the brand name. Anyway, brand doesn't always mean quality. I fell IN LOVE with this eyeliner. All the people complaining about it must just have bad luck, because this is holy grail.

Today, I went to buy it again in both Brown and Espresso. I use Espresso to do my eyebrows, and it lasts so long. I haven't used Brown, but I probably won't be disappointed. Buy it. It's SO worth the money.

PS: The brush that comes with it is my FAVORITE eyeliner brush. Forget the angled brushes and what not. The brush gives you such a crisp line, and I just... I love this product. So much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by mixedmatch

Definitely my HG. Affordable too!

Texture of product is creamy and smooth. Easy to apply. Brush that comes with it is easy to work with also. Thickness of the line can be controlled.

I usually clean the brush with a gel makeup remover. Just a dot will do and voila it's cleaned!

Will continue using this until well...i decide to not ever use eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by anoldhag

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this liner it is so easy to apply!! My only complaints is that there isn't enough in the package for the size and the price. But oh well, I still love it!!