April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Pros:
- Comes with its own handy-dandy little brush.
- Easy to apply - no skipping or tugging from this one!
- The packaging is compact and handy - it takes up much less room than my usual pencil-and-eyeshadow combo, and there's no danger of it accidentally coming open while bumping around my bag.

Cons:
- The color payoff wasn't great. From the packaging and how it looked in the pot, I was hoping for a darker sort of mahogany color, but I pretty much just got a flat brown, and a fairly light one at that - I had to give it a good few swipes before I got anything like the opacity I normally get from cream pencils.
- My god, does it ever transfer! I waited a full minute to set each eye, but my right eye (slightly more hooded than my left) had transferred about half its load onto my browbone within half an hour, and my left eye followed suit by the end of the day. Ugh.
- My eyes aren't particularly sensitive, but they do tend to itch and burn a little when I wear this product. Nothing debilitating, of course (I wear glasses, but not contacts), but annoying, and something I could do without.

Takeaway:
Eh, I can't say I'm impressed. While I wouldn't call this an unmitigated disaster, this definitely isn't what I was looking for. I love the natural look and idiot-proof application of pencils, but I wanted something with a bit of a longer wear time (I could never get any of my pencils to stay put on my oily, slightly hooded lids, no matter what I tried) while still avoiding the harsh look of most liquid liners, so I started exploring gel liners instead. And after this, I think I'll have to keep looking. The formula is good from an application standpoint, but the color is nothing to write home about, and the itchiness is annoying, but it was the transferring that was the real deal-breaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaDOLL

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this in my everyday makeup routine for about 2 years now. It's kind of in between a pencil and liquid liner. It's called a gel, but it's texture is more on the creamy side. The brush is great if you like your liner in a cat eye shape. Clean it often though, because the buildup can cause your liner to look very sloppy. I recommend this to girls who aren't a fan of pencil or liquid liners.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must have gotten a bad pot. I have this in the brown and it doesn't last more than an hour and is also not very pigmented. At all. The brush was the only positive about it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

My biggest complaint of this product is the difficulty to apply it. I'm not a complete eye make-up hack either. I've worn falsies for years, done my own lash extensions, and worn liner since high school. I just can't get the application to look "professional." I kind of think the whole "gel" liner product is maybe not the greatest. You end up dipping the brush straight-vertically into the gel because if you dip it in sideways, you get WAY too much product on the brush, which you end up having to then remove. The end result is a gel pot full of little slash-marks. It's also difficult to apply to the lash line in the "pattern" you want. I like a very thin (almost unnoticeable) line at the inner corners, a fatter line up top, and a thin, short, cat-eye at the outer corner. Forget it, that's not happening with this. I will stick to my felt-tip pen style liners. I can get the precision lining I like with those, sans mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

For some reason, don't totally love it...I have this in brown, and find it's a bit difficult to apply. Will tug a little at the lids, and smudges a lot on my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Daariaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've heard rave reviews about this eyeliner and it just didn't do it for me. It really depends with this product. Some days it's easy to use (very black and creamy) and others-not. The blackness and creaminess though isn't anything compared to the ELF black gel eyeliner or the Essence one. It's the only product that makes my eye itch and that's troubling. After a while it looks more like a grey and it becomes dry. Not really of a fan of this. I say try an even cheaper alternative- like elf instead. But I'm glad for anyone this has worked for, it just didn't for me :/

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by priyaarora

i use it for top lashline and smudge it alittle on lower lashline and once it sets it doesn't smudge (my experience)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I used this for around half a year before switching, because I couldn't stand the unpredictability of this product. One day it looks good, another day it doesn't..

PROS:
- Lovely black colour, really nice and dark.
- Very nice packaging, nice design and very sturdy
- Amazing brush! I love the brush it comes with. While I've discarded this liner after 6 months, I kept the brush and I've been using it for close to 2 years with other gel liners. I don't think this brush is suitable for really precise and thin lines, but that's not how I do my eyeliner. And considering the price plus the fact it's lasted this long, I think the brush is brilliant.
- Doesn't dry up easily. I've accidentally left the pot open a whole day a handful of times and there is no change in the formula.

CONS:
- Yes, this product can last on my oily lids (always with primer) with no smudges for about 10 hours, on a very very good day, which is rare. But most of the time, I come home from school with some smudging on my lower lash line. On my bad days (days when my contact lenses get really dry and I blink a LOT), I literally come home looking like a raccoon.
- Easily rubbed away with my finger. So be very careful if you're one of those who have a tendency to rub your eyes!

Overall, I think this is a good product, just not for me. It's staying power is not great on my oily lids, and considering eye liner is a crucial step for my everyday makeup, I wouldn't want to rely on this. It's not a total regret, since it's not too expensive, but I will not repurchase. However, if you don't have oily lids and are looking for an inexpensive gel liner, I say go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried all four colors in the range.

Blackest black: awesome pigmentation, matte finish and creamy texture.
Eggplant: awful, no pigmentation, dry texture, went in the garbage,
Brown: Beautiful matte cocoa brown. Great for fair girls, dries to a matte finish.
Graphite: beautiful gunmetal with a metallic finish.

They all apply well, are creamy and do not budge except the eggplant color. With the the tree other colors you can go wrong. And there is 3g of product in there you have some for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought ELF creme eyeliner yesterday but I traded it in today for Lasting Drama because of all the raves I've read here. I tried it for the first time and so far, it's got good solid color and a creamy consistency. It's been 6 hours and so far, no budging and creasing. Note that I applied this on bare eyelids so it had no eyeshadow or primer to cling on. The brush is longer for easier application, hence better than those teensy useless 2-inch ones. I hope this doesn't dry out on me.