October 23, 2014 | 1210 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Anne0731

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find this to be the best drugstore gel liner. I don't have super oily lids but other liners have transferred on me, especially because I have hooded eye lids. On me this stays put. Great color pay off. Need to use another brush though, the one it comes with is no good.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must say I am very disappointed by this product. It has so many positive reviews, but to me, there is nothing special about it. I have bought it as an alternative to my Rimmel Exaggerate liquid liner. I've heard that gel eyeliners tend to hold longer than liquid, but this one stays as long as the Rimmel one. I have oily eyelids so a couple of hours is the maximum. Then it smudges and fades. This gel eyeliner smudges just like the Exaggerade, however it fades even more. I prefer the blackness of the liquid one. Application is super easy, I recommend it to everyone who doesn't have a steady hand, because you can reapply and use as much color as you want. I will not buy this again, I think it's going to take me a long time to use it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an affordable gel liner so I decided to give this one a try. I hated it! It smeared up to my eyelids and under my eyes. By the end of the day it looked like I had a cut crease eye look and racoon eyes. It was a disaster. I wouldn't recommend this product if you have oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I bought it months ago after always using an eyeliner pencil which rubs off easily. I have only used about 2 thirds of the jar and I use it every day, so it lasts for a very long time. I don't use the brush that comes with it because I find that it's a bit too thick for really precise lines so I bought a small angled liner brush to apply it with. It creates such smooth lines that last all day and it doesn't rub off easily. I use it on my lash line always and on my waterline when going out at night. With pencils I found that I had to reapply it on my waterline occasionally but this gel liner stays until you want to wash it off. Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this eyeliner. I'm typically a liquid eyeliner user-- pencils don't give me a precise enough line and even the waterproof ones slide right off. I've tried other types of gel liners and brushes-- MAC, Bobbi Brown-- with less than stellar results. But the Maybelline product really Does. Not. Budge. The liner itself is very pigmented, very smooth. But for me, the best part of it-- what makes it-- is the amazing brush. I can draw the thinnest line ever with no skipping, it makes a great cat eye, it's tiny enough to really get in to the lash line-- so easy to use. I have the espresso and blackest black . For around $6 it can't be beat. At $60, I might even consider it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by RebDesnoyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This gel liner is one of my faves. The formula glides on smoothly, and the color is intensely black. I dared for one day to put this in my waterline and it didn't budge! This eyeliner lasted up to 8 hours for me. Please go get this eyeliner and try it out for yourself, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by MakeupRealist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Did not like this product, yes glides on smooth and is pigmented but smears and then panda eyes appear..not impressed with this liner will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by nattynatnat

I've been using this eyeliner for a little bit over a year now and it is definitely my favorite drug store eyeliner. I've always been a liquid liner girl but then I heard about gel liner and decided to try this. And honestly, I have never felt the need to buy any other eyeliner ever since. It stays on your eyelid all day no matter the weather and is pretty waterproof (I've never gone diving with it on but I have gone to a waterpark or cried with it on and it didn't smudge). I use a lot of the product at once to wing my eyeliner and use the brush that comes with it. some people do not like the brush and prefer an angled brush but I actually love the brush because it's not angled. It's easy to draw a thin or thick line with the brush and looks great for the cat eyed look or any winged eyeliner really. It also lasts a long time. I use it every day and have had the tiny little jar for 6 months. There is still enough product in it to last me another 2 or 3 months.

The downsides to this product is that it's not for any look besides a really sharp wing or lined look. If you want to do a smoky eye or want a softer line, then you are better off with pencil liners. I always have my eyeliner on with a wing so I never encountered this problem.

This product also does smudge a little after a few hours of application. It transfers beneath your eye if you have a lot of it on your top lid so do pay attention to that-- you may have to touch up a bit by removing the transfer.

The gel does dry up after 2 or 3 months of every day use but this happens to all creme or gel based eyeliners no matter the brand. What you have to do is add some water in it to moisten it between each use when that starts happening. As long as you do that, it will not completely dry up.

This is a really good value gel liner and my favorite eyeliner for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Since everyone else is doing it, I'll also compare this to Mac Fluidline because that one is my favorite medium/high-end gel liner. I drew a line of both on the back of my hand and left them there for most of the day.

LIKE Mac Fluidline, Maybelline's gel liner is soft, easy to work with, and well-pigmented. Both gel liners dry matte, so there is no shine or glossy effect. They both do not smudge on my oily lids (especially if I wear a good eyeshadow primer underneath) and I can wear them for many hours without any transfer on to my hooded lids, which is a big plus. I was pretty impressed with the staying power of the Maybelline liner because I actually scrub at it with soap to get it off my hand later on.

I HATED the brush it came with though. It did little more than push the gel around on my eyelid and made it hard to apply one smooth line. At first, I thought the brown in this line was quite sheer, but it turned out that the thick, stiff brush was just making it look that way. With a better, smaller, slightly softer eyeliner brush, the brown Maybelline eyeliner was just as intense as Mac Fluidline.

End result: A pretty good Mac Fuildline dupe for a little more than half of the price! New HG found :) Bumping my rating up to 5 since I initially had it at 4 due to the sheerness issue.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Hellllll yeeeeeah

I got this after hearing about how black it was and reading a couple of reviews for it saying that it was great at staying put and not transferring onto the rest of the eyelid. I've gotta say that when I first tried this, I absolutely hated it. It was smearing all over the place, would sink into my crease (winged liner all day erryday over here), wasn't too impressed. I was just using it with primer underneath and nothing else since most days I cbf to put eyeshadow on.

Theeeen I put some translucent powder over the primer, then the eyeliner over that, and I love it. I don't know why I didn't try doing that before (pretty much the same as putting eyeliner over eyeshadow, right? which most of my eyeliners behave with).

Anyway, it's very black, very opaque, and matte. Stays put on me all day. Also, it has a really nice consistency/texture to it. It's not super slippery, but it glides on easily. The brush it comes with is nice too, I don't use it much personally because I prefer one of those bent eyeliner brushes, but when I do use it it performs well. The eyeliner washes off easily with makeup remover.

Overall I would recommend this, and will repurchase when I use up the one I have now.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No