NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

Wanted to love this as the word "glow" attracts me in a base! Dry skinned girl and after some recommendations I thought this would be a perfect match! The color range IS perfect, and the yellow/olive undertones suit me just right. One star for that. But this foundation dries matte (where's the glow?), offers medium coverage(where's the sheer?), and does not have decent staying power (where's the point of even using this?). Even when set with a translucent powder, it will budge from just smudging with my fingertips and other wear and tear- not after a few hours; almost immediately. Another thing is that I couldn't apply this with my brush, nor my Beautyblender; I had to use my fingers... The finish looks best that way. However... It's time consuming and messy! And no pump? If this had been a good foundation the lack of a pump wouldn't bother me, so one more star for that... but I will not repurchase. :(

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a love hate review for me. At first I really loved this product. Found it applied beautifully to a semi matte finish. My love changed when my face got a little dry and the foundation immediately clung to my dry patches and looked terrible! Love Nar's eyeshadow, not a fan of their face products. Ill stick to my Armani foundation.

on 4/20/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall this is a good product. You can achieve a light, medium to medium/full (it's buildable) coverage. It photographs really nicely offering a natural but flawless result. This for me is it's biggest plus point. That and the colour choice is very good.

Con's are that it isn't the longest lasting foundation I've come across. However I've found that I can get more mileage by using the appropriate primer for myself and my clients, so not a deal breaker.

Don't be confused by the name - it's not a super glowy, moisturising or worse, greasy consistency. It's more of a satin healthy skin finish which can sit slightly more velvety on some. I'd say this is good for normal to oilier skin types. It's great for normal skin types (isn't that usually the way). Not so great for extreme oily (lasting power) or extreme dry (not moisturising enough) in my experience.

One real bugbear - The large square cap lids that cover the small-screw tops are a nightmare. Square caps frequently come off in transportation or the screw-top gets stuck inside the cap lid making the bottle difficult to close without leaks.

Due to the fact that I need a product that photos well and the Nars MUA discount, I will most likely purchase again. If you are going to be photographed then this is a real contender but if it's just a night out and you are up close and personal then I prefer chanel perfection lumiere velvet. Overall though it's one to keep.

on 4/20/2015 11:16:00 AM

This is a very hyped up product! I personally bought this product after hearing so many things from Tanya Burr, a very popular make up artist on YouTube.

It is a pretty good foundation, however due to my dry skin, the phrase "sheer glow" was off putting. It dries to a semi-matte, almost satin finish, but definitely clung to my dry patches. After first applying (and after fully moisturizing and priming my face), it would look really nice, but after a couple hours, my dry patches were even more apparent.

So, I would not recommend this for dry skin, but I feel like this would be a lovely foundation for oily/normal skin. The color match was okay (a perfect match would've been between shades, but I wasn't willing to buy two foundations in one go), but I feel like there is a lack of shades (I see a lot of YouTube make up gurus having to mix shades for the perfect color). For dry skin, I really prefer using MAC Face and Body!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I waited a long time to get this foundation because I have always used Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NW35 and I didnt want to purchase a product that wasnt better than the mac foundation. Anyway, I did lots and lots of reserach (youtube, google images, makeupalley, etc) and I finally sucked up and brought it. I got it in the shade Barcelona which is a tad lighter for my skin but I dont mind that too much. I applied it this morning at 10 am and it looked very matte and beautiful on the skin. I went out with my one year old (which means running around like a crazy mum that I am) and came home at 3 pm. The foundation stilled looked good and more glowy than matte. I dont have oily skin so I never get that glowing look whatsoever but this foundation gives me just that and I am impressed. The only bad thing about this product is you get no pump for the price you pay which is annoying but I hate wasting product so I may purchase the pump soon.

Overall, if you're looking for a foundation for a more dewy, glowy look I would get this. Just beware that it comes with no pump.

on 4/18/2015 6:53:00 PM

This foundation is absolutely beautiful, it has definitely been hyped up a lot within the online make up community but definitely for good reason, one of my favourite foundations by far. I am in the colour Santa Fe and am NC25 in Mac foundations, I applied this foundation with a beauty blender and application is extremely effortless the makeup blends into your skin seamlessly and looks absolutely beautiful on. This foundation does not require a powder as it doesn't tend to get oily nor does it come off during the day, however you can set if if you like, I set my T zone, I have normal skin and the finish was still extremely dewy and radiant. The only down side of this foundation is that it does not come with a pump and does come at a high end price of £31 however you can purchase a Nars pump for £3 overall this foundation is a must for those who like dewy and radiant finishes, it's absolutely gorgeous and has all day lasting power will definitely buy again

on 4/16/2015 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

MY DREAM FOUNDATION. If you can get this in your shade, you have been BLESSED, my friend. It gave me the perfect glow and enhanced my skin the best I've ever seen any makeup attempt to do. No lines, did well in heat (for example: if I sweat, it wouldn't move around and then re-dry in random places causing my face to be uneven and blotchy), put the PERFECT glow on my complexion. Everything I've ever wanted in a foundation is IN THIS BOTTLE.

Sadly, my skin tone suddenly changed so I went back to go to a lighter color and the lightest shade they have is too yellow for me. My only wish is that Nars comes out with more shades - especially light pink tones. I am so depressed that I can't wear this anymore. But to everyone who is looking for a new foundation, THIS IS IT. THIS IS THE ONE FOR YOU.

on 4/15/2015 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Medium light coverage, satiny finish, it gives you a soft healthy glow, nice yellow undertones, wears all day long, easy to remove. Applies best with finger tips or a damp sponge/brush. I think it's meant to be applied in a very sheer way. It's not meant to be worn as a full coverage foundation.

on 4/14/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this for a month and here are my thoughts.... Pros: light, buildable coverage Cons: no pump, easily transfers, very yellow undertones (I am a NC40-Stromboli in Nars), oil slick by mid-day and makeup separated to uneven coverage after a few hours. I returned my bottle after a month of use. I wanted to try this bc all great reviews but think I'll go back to MUFE face & body, it's wayyyy better and about same price.