November 24, 2014 | 2058 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by missjorja28

I really love this foundation!

I swap between this in Mount Blanc, and Hourglass Illusion in Ivory for day time coverage. Today was my first day back on the NARS and once again, my love affair is reignited. It's smooth, good coverage and makes me look like I'm glowing. Super easy to apply (with my fingers so the pigments warm and intensify with the heat, then buffed in with a brush). In Australia this is about $20 cheaper than Hourglass. It might still be expensive for some, but I always tell myself that it's better to spend money on something that will sit on my face for a whole day (or night!!).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by 2labs

Great foundation. Doesn't make my skin break out, nor does it exacerbate dry patches. The colour "Mont Blanc" matches my skin tone perfectly too.

The first day that I wore this I was told "wow, you're looking good today!". Enough said. I will definitely keep buying this one. It may not be the cheapest but it is worth the price to me.

PS one letdown….it needs a pump as standard!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

Pros:
- I LOVE the yellow colouring of it. Every time my face is red/irritated with scarring (I have a bad habit of squeezing at white and black heads, eurgh) I use this foundation because it has enough coverage and yellowness to make my skin look flawless without any concealer. I didn't use a concealer for years so this was really good for those times.
- I have normal-oily skin; my skin gets oily after about 5-6 hours, then I have to retouch my foundation. With this, I'd say I get oily after 5 hours.
- Price is reasonable, I think.

Cons:
- No. Pump. I wish they included a pump and jacked the price. It is just hard for me to splurge the extra $$ on an optional pump, even though I have splurged $100 on a Giorgio Armani foundation and currently have 5 foundations on rotation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

I really like this product! It looks natural and it covers up a lot! It's a little on the pricier side, but then again it is a high end product and you get what you pay for! I would defiantly repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know if I'm just horrifically picky or what, but it seems I can never find a foundation color match I love. I normally use Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua in BR12, but while it matches my face it is just a touch too dark for my slightly lighter neck. Chanel doesn't make a lighter shade. So, I bought Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc since it was recommended as a similar shade. Mont Blanc is similar, but it's lighter than BR12. BR12 matches my face exactly, while the Mont Blanc matches my neck exactly. So I mixed the two; the two formulas mix easily and I have a perfect match now! The Nars foundation itself is great. I like the finish it gives and just apply it over my moisturizer. Definitely buy the pump; I can't imagine using the Nars foundation without it.

Other colors from Nars I like incase it helps someone (I'm about NW15-20): blush: Sex Appeal and Douceur; concealer: vanilla; eyeshadow: Ashes to Ashes, Alhambra, All About Eve, Bali, Coconut Grove and Abyssinia; Matte Multiple: Exumas; bronzer: Laguna

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Yes and No. Mostly leaning no, sadly.
Good:
NC40/42=Stromboli, at least for me. It was a tad light but overall, lots of yellow and matched me very well compared to most foundations. The coverage is surprisingly good! This foundation convinced me that I dont need super, heavy-duty, thick foundation to cover my flaws, I dont have problematic skin and this is great for people with that. Its lightweight. Does not dry me out or make me oily. Did not accentuate pores&wrinkles. Comes in many shades.

Bad: Where's the staying power? There is none. Im so used to my liquid iron Estee Lauder Double Wear and this was like nothing! I barely rubbed/touched my face and it came off! And I do not have oily skin! The foundation disappears throughout the day. Maybe a primer of some sort would help? Does not come with a pump. Not glowy, more like semi-matte, or natural but I dont see that as a bad thing, just the name misleading. Expensive.

If only the staying power was better, it would be worth it. I really like the shades, finish and the feeling of this. Bummer...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by CJenkins33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation really gives your an even coverage which is probably what everyone is always looking for...well i am anyways. Also it doesn't cake onto my face or flake off during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by ayo1sophie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL! I heard so many good things about this foundation and everything held up to par! I love love love this foundation! It made my skin look dewy even when it was at it's most horrible state. Before I went on prescription acne medication, my cheeks had an extensive amount of scars and a few spots. This foundation made me feel so beautiful in my skin, it was unbelievable! It gave my skin the glow and, with buildable coverage, it masked my imperfections without looking like I packed my face with makeup! In my opinion, you WILL need a setting powder with this because it does have the tendency to move around a bit. Overall LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

One flaw besides the cost, THE PUMP COSTS EXTRA! Boooooo! I really wish it just came with a pump because it is super necessary because it oxidizes and changes the color!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by mcmanu5

Whilst I am a fan of this foundation as it's the best thing i've found in terms of colour (I use Siberia), this foundation just isn't sheer or dewy! I find it semi-matte and gives pretty full coverage.

Past the bad naming, this would be my favourite foundation for a night out (i find it a little thick for an everyday look) if it only lasted a little longer on my face. When freshly applied it looks wonderful, but after 3 or 4 hours it barely looks like i am wearing foundation, and it occasionally looks flakey even after I have exfoliated.

Using a really good primer minimises this a little but I don't want to have to wear primer everyday, and whilst i do love the colour and of this foundation, it just doesn't last, and for the price, I think there are better foundations out there. I will say though that for anyone who needs a lot of coverage and is willing to reapply their foundation regularly, this would be a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a lovely foundation that I reach for often. I find this an easy one to apply as it does not dry down super fast so you get time to blend it really well - yet it dries quick enough that you do not have to wait around for ages to set this with a loose or pressed powder.

On me I find this wears better with a loose powder - my current favourite match for this one is the Nars light reflecting loose powder for a really pretty soft looking finish. I get a good days wear from this foundation but as I am normal/combo do still have to blot my T-zone after a few hours wear.

Iv'e applied this with various brushes - flat top and stipple, but prefer the seamless look I get from this foundation when applied with a damp BB or the RT sponge.

The best match for my NC15 yellow undertone skin is Gobi - it looks quite light but blends in really well. I can get year round wear with this with the aid of a little bronzer in the summer months.

Nars have gone to the effort of making a great product and a nice glass bottle - but oh how I wish it did come with a pump. I know you can buy one but really should you have to. So this can get a little messy but I do see myself replacing this in the future if there isn't something new and more exciting in the range - variety is the spice of life :)