NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Since my skin is acne-prone, I was very relieved that this foundation did not break me out. It was a great match (Stromboli) for my very yellow skin tone. I've applied it with a brush and a beauty blender, and even then, it's still cakey. The coverage is a medium at the very most. It did not cover my acne scars very well. During the day, the foundation would rub off easily especially around the sides of my face, and it would transfer like CRAZY. I never wanted to wear white tops because this foundation transfers so much. It was not worth the money at all.

I got this product without reading any reviews. The salesperson said that it would stay on long, and will make my skin look healthy. It's the total opposite. You should know how to apply it in order for it to work. I put it on my face at 10 am and by noon it was gone. It did not look like I have my make up at all. I would not recommend purchasing this product. If you are gonna buy a product and you can pay this much to a product you should definitely not pay this much to this prıduct.

On my second bottle of this stuff, it's just amazing! I have a very yellow undertone and the shade stromboli matches my skin perfectly. I find it so hard to find a shade yellow enough; MAC I don't really like that much.
I'd say Sheer Glow is a medium coverage foundation, which you can sheer out for lighter coverage or build it up for more full coverage without it looking cakey. It's not matte, but not super glowey either, very natural which I love. On my combination skin, it lasts a good few hours when set with a powder. Also doesn't feel heavy on the skin, it's very lightweight as well as pigmented.
I've not tried many foundations and I probably won't now that I love this so much! Only downside is that there is no pump!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

After reading various reviews, blog posts, and videos, I was soooo excited when I finally bought my first bottle of NARS Sheer Glow foundation a couple of weeks ago.

This excitement was soon replaced by frustration, disappointment and regret. I found the foundation would just sink straight into my pores, accentuating them, and making my face look cakey and my nose patchy. No amount of blending seemed to work. I'd never experienced this with my other foundations... Eurgh.

BUT...

After some research, I discovered I'd been using too much product! It turns out all you need is one pump (I'd been using two), and voila! The wonderful "sheer glow" turns out as promised. Now I'm over the moon! This product gives my skin a beautiful ethereal glow, that looks natural, radiant, and polished. Considering I only need one pump, the coverage is really decent.

For reference, I moisturise with QV SPF 30+ Day Cream, apply my Sheer Glow foundation with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush (spread on face then lightly buff in circular motions), concealer, set with a dusting of loose powder then finish off with a spritz of MAC Fix+. My face stays put for a solid 8-10 hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

First of all, let me start with the cons and get them out of the way. (there arent many serious ones)

Packaging sucks - no pump( i purchased one anyway so this isent really an issue for me)
the price sucks also but hey its high end. its supposed to.
It isent completely full coverage unless you build it. full coverage foundations are not my style by any means, i love the natural sheer glowy look. but the downside to that is that if you want a full coverage look, you will need to build it up, meaning you use more product and run out of foundation faster, and given the price we want to make it last as long as possible. (these retail for 73 dollars in NZ and not all shades are provided).

Thats the cons out of the way!! i have only just recieved this today so i am wearing it for the first time right now. it has a beautiful natural finish, and does look very sheer and glowy on my skin. I have very acne prone oily skin, with some uneven texture from acne scaring, and redness. not awful, but not great either.
With wearing this you cant see any obvious trace of foundation, but you know im wearing it because my skin looks great.

It set very fast, almost instantly after i finished blending it, but at the same time it didn't dry and become hard to work with while i was blending it.

it has no spf in it so that obviously makes it suitable for night time and photos with flash.

the reason i purchased was because i had been using neutrogena healthy skin liquid makeup for months, and i loved it. and then i heard this was a dupe and wanted to try it out. obviously the nars one is far more expensive. In healthy skin i use the shade Natural beige, and in nars i use the shade barcelona ( these are my summer time colors. i would go down one or two in winter. )
So far what ive noticed is the nars one dries better and has a nicer finish. u barely need any powder to set your foundation. I felt like i could go out wearing no powder at all and it would have been fine. it also feels nicer and lighter on the skin. With NHSLM i need to set it so dam much omg.

overall its a great foundation from what i can tell from a first impression. I set it using rimmel stay matte and primed using Nars oil free primer (great product as well)

i cant comment on whether its going to break me out or do anything bad to my skin after one day, but i will update once i have used this for a few days.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This accentuated my dry patches and did not hydrate my face, despite being a "glowy" foundation. I have combination/oily skin. I would not repurchase. It was hard to apply also. I find the NARS foundations to be super annoying to apply and I don't like having to do so much for such an expensive product.

Bought this as a new daytime make up. Well disappointed. Way too light on me. Next shade up, way too dark. It settled into my skin, finding every little crack my skin had to offer! It was very bad around the nose and eyes... Every line was amplified. I wore it twice ever and the bottle now sits on my dressing table - it's just not a great foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation was recommended to me by a makeup artist that said would work with my sensitive skin. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I've given this foundation a couple tries and it always seems into irritate my skin. Besides that, it's a full coverage foundation that I feel leans towards the "cakey" side. I found that it settled in my fine lines. You can definitely do better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

At first it seemed perfect and people had complimented how my skin was glowing. My skin is dry/combo, acne-prone so it seemed to cover all my spots, scars and was the perfect colour.
A month down the line the colour was suddenly much too pale for me so now I have to mix it with different foundations, it lasts okay but after a night out, barely anything was left on my face despite the powder and concealing. It also started to look a bit heavy but that's probably because the colour suddenly didn't match me.
Also, the packaging is terrible because it doesn't fit straight into the box you buy it in as the cap, lid, whatever, doesn't twist perfectly onto the bottle which is very weird, and it's hard without a pump sometimes because shaking it makes a mess.
At first, I thought I'd found the perfect foundation but it wore out within a month. I'll try different foundations now but let's just say I wouldn't mind buying this again in a different shade if no other foundation works. Not too bad but definitely not the best

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much, my only critiques are that its a bit annoying that you have to pay extra to buy a foundation pump. Its also odd that the name is 'sheer glow' but the finish in my opinion isn't so glowy its more of a matte finish which i dont mind too much. besides that i do love this foundation and would definelty repurchase

Video Reviews & Tutorials