January 31, 2015 | 1659 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I actually own both the "Cool" and "Warm" versions of this product. The "Cool" shade provides more a brightening effect to my face. However, the "Warm" shade not only evens out my complexion but it also adds just a hint of brightening to it as well.

Overall, I do feel the "Cool" shade is better suited for individuals with either Porcelain or Light Complexions. While, the "Warm" shade is better suited for Medium, Tan, and Dark complexions instead.

And, if you have combination or oily skin, you will really appreciate the oil control properties that this powder provides. It happens to work great at keeping my face shine free for long periods of time!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by nuttykitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

perfection? a chalky mess...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 3:43:00 AM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just looks like translucent powder on the face. No real glow or anything and caused acne on my chin . I wanted to like this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 5:33:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This didn't work for me unfortunately. I have redness on my cheeks and I felt this didn't do much to correct it. I tried just using the green section (for redness), but honesty, I saw no difference. I swirled all four shades together and it helped very slightly, but also looks very obviously chalky on my skin. I hate to waste product, so I'm using it as a mattifying powder instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

ELF Complexion Perfection is a total, total steal. I have pretty clear, very fair skin with just a bit of redness. It's hard for me to find face products that work since I am so pale. The four pastel colors (blue, green, yellow, pink) swirl into a matte off-white on my brush and buff seamlessly into my skin. The texture feels sheer, soft, and light. If I apply it sheerly with a powder brush, it makes a fantastic matte finishing powder. If I buff it in with a kabuki or use a sponge, I can use it instead of foundation on good skin days! It blurs imperfections better than any finishing powder I've ever used, and it cuts down on the redness in my cheeks. I love that I can sweep my brush on the yellow and green side and apply just those shades to my cheeks and it's so sheer and light that I don't look like the Wicked Witch of the West. I love it. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I dont believe this is comparable to the MUFE powder.
Despite giving this a low 2 lippies, I found it worked ok as a setting powder in general.
I teamed this with my MAC Face and Body liquid which I use every day for work, and this works well, it is a matte translucent powder that doesn't look cakey or heavy.
In terms of evening out skin tone, I personally found it failed!
Relatively cheap product only $9.50USD including shipping to Australia, wont repurchase only because when i use this powder, I found it set my foundation but it makes me look matte and dull, not matte and flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by AleciaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this for setitng my cosmetics as well as evening out skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually really like this powder. It didn't really even out my skintone perfectly, but it did somewhat. The powder isn't too cakey and feels light even though it's not the best milled powder out there. C'mon it's $3xD I think it's very good for it's quality and will be repurchasing it in the future. I think the packaging is quite sturdy and I like the big mirror for touchups. Overall, a great powder/deal:)

EDIT!!!!!:
This thing broke me out like crazy after a month of usage. Still am recovering from this. Plus I realized it looks pretty chalky. Save your money and purchase a more decent powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by amspartangrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In general, I don't like this powder. It didn't even out my skin tone.. it just made it look white. The only way I would recommend this would be if you are using a foundation that it too dark, or to set concealer for under eyes. For an overall powder it is too light. I didn't like it and I won't repurchase.