October 1, 2014 | 1913 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Complexion Perfection

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

ELF Complexion Perfection is a total, total steal. I have pretty clear, very fair skin with just a bit of redness. It's hard for me to find face products that work since I am so pale. The four pastel colors (blue, green, yellow, pink) swirl into a matte off-white on my brush and buff seamlessly into my skin. The texture feels sheer, soft, and light. If I apply it sheerly with a powder brush, it makes a fantastic matte finishing powder. If I buff it in with a kabuki or use a sponge, I can use it instead of foundation on good skin days! It blurs imperfections better than any finishing powder I've ever used, and it cuts down on the redness in my cheeks. I love that I can sweep my brush on the yellow and green side and apply just those shades to my cheeks and it's so sheer and light that I don't look like the Wicked Witch of the West. I love it. It's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I dont believe this is comparable to the MUFE powder.
Despite giving this a low 2 lippies, I found it worked ok as a setting powder in general.
I teamed this with my MAC Face and Body liquid which I use every day for work, and this works well, it is a matte translucent powder that doesn't look cakey or heavy.
In terms of evening out skin tone, I personally found it failed!
Relatively cheap product only $9.50USD including shipping to Australia, wont repurchase only because when i use this powder, I found it set my foundation but it makes me look matte and dull, not matte and flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by AleciaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this for setitng my cosmetics as well as evening out skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually really like this powder. It didn't really even out my skintone perfectly, but it did somewhat. The powder isn't too cakey and feels light even though it's not the best milled powder out there. C'mon it's $3xD I think it's very good for it's quality and will be repurchasing it in the future. I think the packaging is quite sturdy and I like the big mirror for touchups. Overall, a great powder/deal:)

EDIT!!!!!:
This thing broke me out like crazy after a month of usage. Still am recovering from this. Plus I realized it looks pretty chalky. Save your money and purchase a more decent powder!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by amspartangrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In general, I don't like this powder. It didn't even out my skin tone.. it just made it look white. The only way I would recommend this would be if you are using a foundation that it too dark, or to set concealer for under eyes. For an overall powder it is too light. I didn't like it and I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by LindsayRoseEliz

I love ELF! And this is very good! It just seems to brighten my face and even out skintone.

I'm not a fan of using foundation--if anything, i just use a tinted moisturizer if i need coverage. Otherwise, i just use a face powder. Face powders, though, don't brighten like this does. It mattifies, too. Really good! And i LOVE the packaging!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I use this under my foundation and after I apply concealer. I wouldn't wear it alone because it's very powdery and chalky. It does a great job toning down some of the red and uneven areas of my skin. I figured this product could do so alone so I stopped wearing foundation and used a setting powder instead since it's summertime and I don't want that feeling of heavy makeup melting off my face. But that was a bad idea! Within a few hours I could see the red and uneven patches on my face again. I did hit pan on this but I don't think I'll be buying another back up.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lovelycristi

i dont have crazy sensitive skin and things dont irritate my skin or make me break out BUT THIS DID HORRIBLY it made me break out in a huge cystic pimple that got crazy infected because i kept using this powder not realizing it was the reason i had it on my face. so after a month of using this powder and the pimple not going away but getting bigger i stopped using it and started using neutrogena mineral sheer loose powder foundation and its now clearing up. ugh dont buy this

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the middle of my E.L.F. craze and thought I would love it too but I didn't really like it too much. I thought it might be like the translucent mattifying powder, but it wasn't. It was really powdery and chalk like. Maybe since I have a darker skin tone that it just looked chalky on my face and was just too light for me.I'm going to keep it and try again in the winter when I've lost some of this tan and maybe it will match my skin tone then and I will like it more. It wasn't bad..just too light for me.