September 19, 2014 | 1924 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - MAC - Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by hollyns2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't like this tinted moisturizer. It's more like a foundation; however it doesn't have the coverage of a foundation but yet you don't get the dewey moisturizing characteristics of a tinted moisturizer either.

I've always used elizabeth arden tinted moisurizer and the coverage is fine and it smooths across my face and blends really nice. This is not very moisturizing and sinks into my skin in the spot where it first touches my face and refuses to blend or smooth across my skin. I don't know how something can be called a tinted moisturizer when it doesn't moisturize at all.

It basically reminds me of the cheap liquid foundation I used to buy at the drugstore in junior high. I bought this so that I wouldn't have to put moisturizer on before foundation for work but I have to put moisturizer on and then this immediately after in order to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by justlikeh0ney

* Good coverage for a tinted moisturiser - it's more like a light foundation. Evens out skintone, covers some blemishes but not my redness/broken capillaries around my nose. Never mind; that is a job for heavy duty concealer!

* I have dry combination skin and this makes my skin feel really lovely. However, I usually apply moisturiser every day before my foundation, and with this I can't because it becomes very hard to blend and rolls off in clumps. This may be the cause of the blending issues some people have had. BUT - applying this without any moisturiser is completely fine and does not make my skin go dry or flakey. It is hydrated and soft.

* Colour wise, there is not much choice - not as much as MAC foundations, but about the same range as drugstore brands. A shade in between light and medium would be fantastic.

** Overall: Best coverage I've found in a TM, makes skin soft, but it is expensive.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was really hesitant to buy this...my last MAC foundation experience ended rather badly (i.e. cystic acne eruption), and I was prepared to return it the next day...
    but it's actually great so far.

I've been wearing it for about four days now, and no sign of a pimple, cystic or otherwise. It is definitely on the heavier side of a tinted moisturizer, though, so if you're looking for something really light, pass on this. It feels like a very light foundation, really.

Coverage is buildable; it won't cover pimples, but it did cover up the acne scars on my cheeks very well. It also evened out my skin tone, except for the redness around my nose (which I wouldn't expect it to-that's more of a concealer job).

The product itself rates at about a 4, in my opinion. The reason I give it a 3 is because of the price. For a tinted moisturizer, it's quite expensive. But then again, I've been out of the higher-end brand of foundation buying circuit for about a year now-I'm used to paying $13, TOPS, for a face product.

Bottom line: if you are looking for a lighter alternative to a foundation, but want the security of medium coverage, this is probably something you should look into.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:37:00 AM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Used with a powder over the top and this stuff is brilliant... but don't cry or wear sunglasses, it comes straight off and you get weird patches. Colour wise I use the palest one, I think the coverage is really good considering it's not actually a foundation. Gives you that little bit of confidence, as its not quite like you're going without make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by ingyfish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually use Mineralize Satinfinish foundation, and although I am still really happy with it I have fallen hard for Studio Moisture Tint! I am usually a NC35 and have medium dark and it is perfect and so easy to apply and blends so nicely. It is more tinted than I expected which was a nice surprise! I love this and bronzer and blush - you feel pretty without feeling too dolled up! LOVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ryegirl

This is by far the best product I have ever used. I used to live by macs studio fix powder and I decided to try this because I wanted to find something lighter. I am so glad I tried this, I will never use any other foundation again.

Not only did this make my skin look PERFECT it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup. I have gotten so many compliments on how amazing my skin looks.

Seriously, buy this product... it works so well the price honestly doesn't even matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by hthenerd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only tried a few tinted moisturizers. All were from drugstore brands and they were greasy, had strange colors (like Pepto Bismol pink), or were as "tinted" as any standard moisturizer. I purchased this on a whim while I was on a week-long school trip due to frustration from how flaky my skin looks with mineral makeup. This TM has coverage comparable to some of my liquid foundations, only it doesn't break my skin out and the lightest color looks great on my skin (most foundations look orange on me). The only issue I have is the price, but the product is good enough that I can look past that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by KittyKat20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great tinted moisturizer if you want to look more natural or feel more natural and replace your foundation for something lighter.

It does provide a little bit of coverage and gives a nice fresh-faced-look on the right places of my face!

I use the studio sculpt concealer for my red spots and undereye cirles and my skin looks fresh, natural and glowy! The color medium blends perfect into my skin. I'm an NC35 at the moment, no-one can tell that I'm wearing make up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by beautyknowsbest

I have been debating on wether I should try this product or not. I have just recently began to branch out at try lighter coverage foundations and tinted moisturizers. I have a slight problem with redness along my cheeks and the bridge of my nose. I used to believe the only foundations I could use were the full coverage ones that I apply to my skin for what I thought was the "flawless" look. I used Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation for about two months or so and I loved it besides the fact I was 14 years old and wearing a full coverage foundation. Then I branched out and purchased the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, then the Clinique Moisture Surge, and finally bought this product at the MAC counter in Nordstroms. It is by far the best tinted moisturizer I have used. It leaves an airy look and feel to the skin with slight sun protection which is great. I have it in the shade Light (I am Rose Ivory in Laura Mercier, NW20 in MAC, 2 in Clinique and Beige Rose Pastel in Chanel). Here's the point- if you thought that tinted moisturizer qouldn't give you enough coverage, you're wrong. This even out your skin tone, conceals some problem areas, and for extra coverage just set with a powder. This is amazing. I owuld highly reccomend it to everyone debating like I was or not sure if this will have te=he right amount of coverage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Colour match and coverage were good but that is where the positives stop for me. I found this TM to be quite hard to blend, not that moisturizing, smelt like strong chemicals, turned my face into an oil slick within a few hours and broke me out badly.