October 25, 2014 | 1629 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Aveeno - positively radiant

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by PaleFenix

This looked awful on, didn't match skin tone. Then it started to give me horrible break outs which I thought was so weird because none of the other Aveeno products I use have ever irritated my skin like this. I thought I'd keep from wasting it by using it on my legs during the summer for some color since it was making my face break out. IT MADE MY LEGS BREAKOUT. I had pimples on my freaking legs. I've never seen anything like it. I threw it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by LauraA001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My expectations were higher than what it delivered. As others have pointed out, this is much thicker than a normal moisturizer. I found that I need to cut it with another moisturizer in order to get some kind of normal consistency and to help it spread more evenly; if I don't, it's too thick and spreads heavily in a smaller area, and does some funky caking in my eyebrows (I have fine hair, these brows shouldnt be challenging for this product!). I don't feel like it provides much moisturizing (another reason to add another product), yet it DOES seem to make my oil-prone skin more oily and the shine more noticeable. I would never go without loose powder over this, and some blotting tissues to keep oil at bay every hour or so. In contrast, it does provide some incredible concealing properties for a tinted moisturizer. If my skin has a blemish or two I might opt to add a dab of concealer, but dark circles or redness are pretty well banished with just the diluted product. I've also used a dab of un-diluted product as concealer and dashed out of the house. It can certainly save time when you're in a hurry and don't have time for a full face of makeup. I am unsure if I'll repurchase this or not at this point, as I'll have to weigh the cons (thickness, lack of feeling moisturized, exacerbated oil production) with the pros (quick and easy, decent coverage) and compare it to just switching back to moisturizer and a light foundation. If this were a bit thinner in consistency and offered some oil control it would be a no-brainer for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sgilber

This product was such a dissapointment for me. First it has a ton of tiny shimmer particles that are obvious and get everywhere! Next it has a really strong chemical smell that lingers around for a long time after applied, which was unexpected from Aveeno. Their products typically smell fantastic! Although being focused on natural ingredients you would think it would have less chemicals, have physical spf and be fragrance free... oh well. At around 15 bucks the price is steep for a drug store product. I have to say the fact it has sunscreen and a pump bottle are the best qualities, as the product left my face super shimmery and greasy. I have sensetive combo skin and tinted moisturizer typically works well for me as long as I set it with a powder. Putting aside I can't stand the smell, I did manage to try setting with a powder. After a light dusting of powder it still looked greasy and any more powder looked muddy and cakey. The consistency is a little watery but blends well, and evens out skin tone a little, but is just TOO moisturizing. It doesn't really sink into the skin either, just adds a layer on my face, which I can't stand. I tried mixing it with a thicker foundation which was better, but didn't help with the shimmer or smell (obviously!) So I gave it to my friend who seems to like it alright. I would say if you can get over the smell and have really dry skin or want to add it to foundation, for a really dewy finish, it might work out but you could probably find a cheaper/better alternative.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by ocems931

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this moisturizer for about a month now and I'm very disappointed in it. It smells awful and has sparkles in it, not something I would desire in this type of product. The color and coverage are decent, but I have acne constantly now (never did before) and I'm beginning to suspect this is the reason. I won't be buying again. Considering the unnatural ingredients in it, probably not the best thing to be soaking through one's skin everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by smootha

Did not care for this product. It is very thick and somewhat yellowish in the light tint. It has a tendancy to separate as it is on. Therefore application is difficult as well. I think this would be a good product to go on before a outdoor or sports activity (avoid eyes-because sunscreen burns).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ally21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer. I used to use foundation, but this has as much coverage as a foundation does. It is quite thick and goes on smooth and gets rid of all the redness on my face. I also love that it has SPF. The first time I bought it, I thought it was quite expensive--$30. But it has lasted me a year so far and there's probably half the bottle left. You really don't need to use much at all to cover your whole face. I have oily skin, but it doesn't make my face too greasy. I really, really love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by astrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love a tinted moisturizer. This product triggered my acne. After many years, I've finally learned that chemical sunscreens are the acne culprit for me. I have to stick with physical sunscreens (zinc oxide) to avoid the breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by DanaKatherine9

This tinted moisturizer is great! It gives a nice sheer and even coverage which is all I need for my skin. It covers most redness from acne and acne scares but you will probably need a concealer for severe acne. I have a really oily t zone and dry cheeks and this has been able to balance both skin concerns. I could defiantly live without the shimmer but once the moisturizer has been applied its best to buff with a buffing brush or powder brush helps remove most glitter. The moisturizer is really thick and creamy which allows to glide and hide dry patches on my skin which is amazing! It's best to apply with your fingers and not to put on your hand then blend but to squeeze out a little out of time for the areas your applying this too. Is a littler dark fOr my fair skin But I can live with that. It's a costly $30 in Canada but when u go to the USA you can get it for $12. The packaging is absolutly great and super sanitary and a nice feeling bottle. Over all I really like this product and it's long wearing but could live without the glitter and it would be nice if it had lighter shades.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a FABULOUS tinted moisturizer for me all year! It gives me that wonderful glow and greatly reduced the appearance of acne scars and redness! It is definitely sparkly, so if you don't like that stay away! But I think it makes me look fresher and more awake and as a high school student in all advanced classes I need that after a long night!

I don't know about its claims to even skintone and the like because I tend to use different face products every day. But I do know it makes me look glowy and natural while still providing a small amount of coverage!

If you have oily or combo skin I would stay away from this and most tinted moisturizers in general, the small amount of sparkle in this could make you look like an oil slick by the end of the day! But I've got fairly normal skin with some very slight oiliness on my t-zone, which isn't a big problem for me :)

I believe I paid about 12 dollars for this at Target but it comes with 2.5 fl. oz. and that will probably last me until I am well out of college!

HIGHLY suggest this for normal and dry skinned girls! But if you're skeptical head to Ulta, they have a great policy for returning opened and used products! :D

UPDATE: No. No. Just no. I wrote my first review of this product YEARS ago and since then my makeup tastes have changed. This has sparkles in it. The only thing I hate more than a super matte face is a sparkly one. YECK. Good for ladies just starting with makeup, but not for those of us that are over the age of 13.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a bad tinted moisturizer. However, it is not good for people with oily/combination skin. Gives a bit of coverage and looks natural indoors. HOWEVER, there is a definite sparkle outdoors that looks like you have small specks of glitter on your face... Not my favorite for an everyday look. Basically, looks natural from far away but weird up close.