November 27, 2014 | 970 users online

Palettes - NYX - 10 Color Palette - Champagne & Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by asmith923

How does this product have any bad reviews? For us girls out there that have jobs and busy lives, this palette is perfect. The colors are similar, which is fine because they all work to give you a neutral eye that still stands out. I've gotten tons of compliments while using this palette.

And for the MAC snobs, I often use a MAC shade and a NYX shade for a single look, and the MAC shadows very often crease faster than these NYX shadows.

I will say that higher-ends brands do shimmer better. The really shimmerly colors sometimes give off flecks of shimmer versus a blended sheen look, but only when used right under slightly untamed browns.

Definitely a good product for the price, great for beginners and daytime, and you'll never feel like you've overdone your eye makeup.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by wandabee

I'm quite pleased with this pallette. I love how easy it is to make such beautiful smokey neutral looks, and the price point is very reasonable.

My only complaints are that the medium toned colors are very similar, and that the dark brown and white colors are fairly chalky. Other than that, the pigmentation is good, the staying power is good, and overall this is a lovely neutral pallette!

(N.B. Since I don't own the U.D. Naked pallette, I can't make completely accurate comparisons; however, the colors are fairly close to the ones in the naked pallette. The only difference I noted was that from the tester I tried at Sephora, the medium shades were more brilliantly metallic than the NYX shadows.)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by hockeewmn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I thought the colors looked beautiful on the package. I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. The pigmentation is nice, and shadows have a nice texture. Some of the lighter colors need to be packed on a little more than the dark, but they were beautiful on. I didn't have much fallout, and they seemed to last quite a while with a primer. Overall, I would buy again, and even try the other colors. For the amount of product you receive, the price is excellent. I believe I paid about $10 for it at Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by drugstorediaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first NYX palette and honestly, I was so in love when I first bought it. I used it for 3 weeks straight and man, I just adored how no matter which taupe/brown shade I chose all of them worked wonderfully for me. I personally don't notice much chalkiness and I find its a great gift to suit almost anyone.

BUT
I also feel this palette has a lot of similar colors. A little more diversity would have been nice. Thats why I gave it 4 stars.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great palette. i have almost every mac color in their permanent collection along with a ton of LE colors and i have them all in the 15 pan palettes and most that i don't ever use. so i wanted something small and convenient to have for on the go. most of the too faced and UD ones that i like are still really bulky and when i saw this i figured i'd give it a try. for 11 dollars these shadows are great. great color payoff on my skin tone and they blend really easily. great for on the go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette was a big letdown for me. The quality of the shadows isn't nearly as nice as NYX singles are, and I don't feel that it can be used for a variety of looks. The shadows look pretty in the pan, but the payoff just isn't there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this palette. The colors looked so pretty in the package, but I found most of the colors to look exactly alike when worn. They are also a bit too shimmery and powdery for me. I would not rebuy. These also irritate my eyes terribly. Returning.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ladybrett1974

When I get ready in the mornings, I find myself reaching for this palette at least 3 times a week. I love it. Yes, it's neutral. But, it's so wearable and i can go from very very subtle to very dramatic using just this palette. I think it has excellent pigmentation and good staying power when used with a primer or a paint pot. The top part of the palette did break off about a year after purchase..but that's just an excuse to get a new one for traveling!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by 2171525

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(NC30 asian skin, brown-black hair)colour swatches more concentrated on hands, on lids it's not too pigmented, using a primer helps. It's a nice palette to have to achieve day time wedding looks the matte white is very handy, the black isn't as black as the nxy single matte black

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by pinup11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this kit bc the views were great. Idk who would think this !#%ty product deserves praise. If you are an woman of color DO NOT BUY! This kit so reminds me of the 80's-flat colors, chaulky as hell. Back in the day, make up for women of color was flat, ashy and just plan wrong. I called myself tryin to do the smokey eye bit with this kit (wow that rhymes!). I looked a hot mess. The colors refuse to blend, all of the light colors looked the same, the dark colors eh! Do urself a favor. Pass this wackness down.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No