Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

3.8

Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 7.49 %, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3) 2.00 %. Beeswax (Cera Alba), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Decyl Olive Esters,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Bht.

on 3/6/2013 12:23:00 PM

So I have this in the Rose mini birthday set, which I had to request as this months gift is Benefit lashes. I had actually gone in and bought the Berry color, which I also did a review on. First off, yes they are really expensive and I feel really guilty that I purchased one. The only way that I will not feel guilty again is by using the tips I make at work, during the summer as I am at school, or special money times and also between the fact that I have given up buying and wearing any type of face makeup. Scary!! . However, I change between the Rose and Berry each day, and love them.

Honestly, I never noticed a difference in my chapped lips with Nivea Kiss of Moisture, which I used a thousand times over till it just fell apart one day while applying. It only made a difference while on my lips, and even then it was really waxy and when I rubbed my lips together I could feel my skin. Gross. So I tried Nivea Honey and milk for Colds chapstick, blarg!!! I had a reaction to it almost immediately and it tasted and felt awful on my lips. I've had Burts Bees, EOS, The Ever popular tinted lipbalms from the big houses of the drugstore, and only Burts Bees came close to comparing with this.

The Rose is very subtle on my already super pigmented lips. It gives a nice glow to them, but it is not super oily. I've heard people complain that it doesn't sink all the way into your lips. You never want a product to sink all the way in! The feel that is on your lips? That is a protective barrier so that your lips don't chap further. If it all sank in then the product would be silly and not work.

I have been using this for a week now and honestly I have no idea what people are talking about with the smooshing or breaking off. I twist mine up so its only just peeking out of the amazing casing, and push it into my lips. No melting, no breaking, no smooshing. I've also learned storing them in a fridge makes them go on differently. They pack more of a punch that way, and the chill on your lips will make you smile.

The lemon scent is a nice touch, delicious, and I have yet to feel my chapped lips come back even when I'm not wearing this stuff. :)

on 2/28/2013 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First got this as birthday sample from Sephora, then got another through buying the 6 miniset. These are hands down the best lip balms I've ever used, so moisturizing, makes my lips feel really soft. This shade gives a nice rosy tint that flatters my skin tone. It's pricy but not the worst (YSL's lip balms are $38 and aren't as moisturizing as these)

on 2/26/2013 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

A friend gave me this product as a gift. While I must confess that the metal tube is quite pretty and sturdy, this has got to be one of the biggest scams out there for an over-priced lip product. I checked out the Fresh web-store and saw that this costs quite a hefty chunk of change. Then I looked at the ingredient list. Sadly, none of the ingredients provide adequate SPF protection, and the addition of citrus ingredients, which are known photo-sensitizers, seems utterly counterproductive in a cosmetic formulation. They really dropped the ball on this one. Basically, you are paying for a pretty package. The formula itself is too slick and slippery to last very long, so the moisturizing effect is minimal as well. Just totally shocked by this product, and not it a good way. Boo hiss.

on 2/23/2013 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Like a lot of people, I got this lip balm in the mini size as a birthday gift from Sephora. If I didn't get it for free (albeit slightly free as I did have to buy something from Sephora to cash in on my "free" birthday gift), I likely wouldn't have purchased it because Fresh products are insanely expensive. I think I bought a Fresh lipstick at some point and since that didn't wow me, I've never been tempted to try another product from the line.

Anyhow, this lip balm is pretty good. Nothing awesome or HG but it's nice. I prefer the rose tinted version to the plain version because, honestly, I have a zillion and one plain lip balms that are comparable and way cheaper. The rose lip treatment isn't overly rosey in the smell department. It's also fairly moisturizing but I haven't noticed any dramatic color payoff. One could likely get the same result using cherry Chapstick in both the moisturizing and color fronts. The one cool thing about this lip balm is its tube - it is made of some pretty sturdy metal and has a screw top so there's no worries that the top will come off in your purse or pocket. It's also pretty. Not $22 worth of pretty but pretty all the same.

I took this with me shopping just the other day and, unfortunately, a big chunk of it crumbled off when I went to apply it. I attribute that to it being in my pocket where it got a little melty but after reading other reviews, I think this probably would have happened at some point anyway. Kind of disappointed for a such a high priced products but I've yet to find any kind of lip product that swivels up that doesn't break off (wasting loads of product in the process) at some point.

Overall, this is a nice lip balm. Would I buy it at full price? Probably not because there's nothing amazing about it. As long as Sephora keeps doling this out for "free", I'll likely take advantage because it is decent enough, just not worth the crazy price tag.

This balm came with my Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" set. I would call this an overpriced tinted chapstick. I like the smell and how it feels on my lips but it's very fragile. The balm has already broken up in the tube and it's so messy and I'm probably just going to end up throwing it away. This was an okay product by I'm not super impressed.

on 2/23/2013 2:58:00 PM

I am absolutely in love with these lipbalms! I received the Rose color as a Sephora birthday freebie, and I now I've purchased four different colors! They make the lips so soft and silky, and give such a nice not-over-done hint of color! Great for those natural days where you just want to wake up the face with some color. I have Rose, Berry, Passion, and Honey. My favorite is definitely a tie between Rose and Passion, but I have been through two tubes of Rose. I also like that they have SPF in them since I live in Florida and I like the packaging- it's so sophisticated (but a bit bulky!).
If you are interested in trying these and not sure what color to purchase, I suggest getting one of Sephora's Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment mini sets. (Fresh Sugar also sales these on their website)

on 2/17/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a birthday gift from Sephora. I have to say I love it. The packaging is great, price could be better. It works wonderfully, way better than chap-stick and EOS. I would recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

One of the most luxurious feeling lip balms I've ever tried. It glides onto my lips without any stick or greasy residue. Makes my lips feel soo plump and supple and leaves behind a gorgeous sheer red tint. The tube is also quite fancy looking compared to other balms out there. Would I buy this again? Maybe. The price just makes me cringe. It is worth it, but you can also very well find a lip balm of equal quality for a lower price value (ie korres lip butter).

on 2/12/2013 4:45:00 PM

So I do think this is a good product in general, but the packaging is awful. I've had 4 tubes of these (between the Sephora birthday gift and receiving this as a Xmas gift) and 3 out of the 4 tubes have had a huge chunk of the product break off... and I didn't even twist it up a lot at all! I figured that was the problem with the first two, but apparently it just isn't made well. I like the texture of the balm, the color, and the SPF, but what's the point if you lose a huge amount of the product due to cheap packaging?

on 2/11/2013 2:42:00 AM

Am absolutely in love in the Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatments. They are really moisturizing and give a natural rose tint to my lips. It also smell really lovely and I like the metal screw packaging as well. As the balm is really soft, it can get smushed quite easily, so I don't take it out with me in case it melts. The price is really expensive for a tinted lipbalm, but I find it to be the best (have tried loads of other brands including Burts Bees and Neutrogena). There is also a lot of product left in the base of the bullet that can be scooped out once the lipbalm wears down.

Rose is definitely the best shade. Have tried a couple of others (Honey, Coral, Berry, Passion) but I find them too pigmented for a balm.

Popular Lip Treatments