November 23, 2014 | 951 users online

Lip Treatments - Fresh - Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by fly2sky012

So I do think this is a good product in general, but the packaging is awful. I've had 4 tubes of these (between the Sephora birthday gift and receiving this as a Xmas gift) and 3 out of the 4 tubes have had a huge chunk of the product break off... and I didn't even twist it up a lot at all! I figured that was the problem with the first two, but apparently it just isn't made well. I like the texture of the balm, the color, and the SPF, but what's the point if you lose a huge amount of the product due to cheap packaging?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by visee

Am absolutely in love in the Fresh Sugar Rose lip treatments. They are really moisturizing and give a natural rose tint to my lips. It also smell really lovely and I like the metal screw packaging as well. As the balm is really soft, it can get smushed quite easily, so I don't take it out with me in case it melts. The price is really expensive for a tinted lipbalm, but I find it to be the best (have tried loads of other brands including Burts Bees and Neutrogena). There is also a lot of product left in the base of the bullet that can be scooped out once the lipbalm wears down.

Rose is definitely the best shade. Have tried a couple of others (Honey, Coral, Berry, Passion) but I find them too pigmented for a balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh no, I love this. I feel like Sephora is such a tease for giving us these for our birthdays and letting us know what we're missing! I really, really should not spend that much money on lip balm. I don't have a budget for that. But this stuff is so nice! I love it, but I hate that I love it.

In my experience, this lippy is probably the most moisturizing that I've tried. I put it on and it just melts on my lips (in a good way) and tends to stay put for quite a while, given how emollient it is. It doesn't make my sensitive lips flake, and I love the scent, and the fact that it doesn't have any funny taste to it, like most lip balms with SPF do for me. (for instance, I tried the Maybelline Baby Lips balm and couldn't stand the smell/taste of it, although it looked nice on.)

But ugh, I've almost used up my free tube already and am facing the prospect of buying a new, full-size one or moving on to something cheaper. I like the Nivea touch of color lip balm and the Burt's Bees tinted balms, but I do notice a difference! This does give better moisture that lasts longer. And the rosy glow it gives my lips is so pretty. Very subtle but so pretty, it makes my whole face glow. And it just smells so good! And the packaging is nice and sturdy, and I love that the cap won't just pop off and lead to the lippy coloring the inside of my purse or pocket (it's been known to happen! peace of mind is important!)

Oh, who am I kidding, I am totally going to relent and buy this. I guess the deciding factor is whether or not you often wear tinted lip balm. That's kind of a makeup staple for me, so I need something that ticks off all the boxes (moisture, pretty color, decent smell/taste, SPF) and that I enjoy using every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

This is a decent product. The tint is so natural and moisturizing. My only complaint: how soft and melty it is, so it's really hard to have it on the go. Overall though, it is super over priced. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else and their mom I got this, along with Sugar, as a birthday gift from Sephora. After cashing both tubes, I can see why people like it so much. It's like Fresh took everything about applying a tinted lip balm, and was like, "how can we make every step in this process more awesome, nay, the awesomest?" If only they weren't so prohibitively expensive....

Pros: Smells amaazing, moisturizes well. Feels good on the lips. The tube is super luxurious looking. The color looks natural and makes my lips look youthful and plump.

Cons: It can get a little melty if you take it south of the mason-dixon line in the summer. And, don't twist up too far because it will break and you will lose a $6 chunk of product. (breakage probably isn't as much of a issue with the full-sized version). Alas, the staying power could be a lot better. For color I much prefer the Clinique Almost Lipsticks, Revlon Lip Butters or Just Bitten Kissable balm stains. Also, they're expensive, but that didn't stop me for gifting a few friends the mini trio set that was available over the holidays.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Lisa86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. It is my go to lip balm, and the tinted colour is perfect with my skin tone. But like many other people I keep having the same issue with it breaking. I've had 4 tubes now, and each time it breaks off and I find myself having to squish it back in.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a troubled relationship with my Sugar Rose Lip Treatment. There's so much to like about it, but it is an impractical product in most ways.

Pros:
* Moisturizes and softens like no other product (even my beloved Korres lip butters)
* Smells Nice and Tastes Nice
* Imparts a beautiful, rosy MLBB glow

Cons:
* Melts almost immediately if the temp rises above 60 degrees
* Breaks almost immediately no matter how gently you apply it
* Costs an arm and a leg

This is just not a product I can carry around in my makeup bag. It turns to goo if I leave it in a warm car. God forbid I should want to walk around with it in my pocket--that melts it as well. So, I have made a peace accord with this product by leaving it on my vanity and putting it on first thing in the morning, and then last thing at night after my Lush lip scrub. I'll buy it again because it works so well. I just wish it were a bit more durable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Glamgirl26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always get the sample on my Birthday or bribe someone else to give me their sample on their's from but now i want to buy one. It is a little expensive but i really like the color. You can wear it alone or under a lipstick to give it some moisture. It comes in sooo many colors I really need to some different shades. I will be buying soon!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by indygirl76

I do not see what justifies the high price of this product. It isn't a terrible product, just very overpriced. Mine broke off, had to smash it back into the tube & during a warm day melted all over my makeup bag. I will go back to my cherry Chapstick or Nivea Kiss of Cherry, much better value.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I got this as a Sephora free birthday gift last year. I cannot believe people will spend 20 bucks on this stuff! The tint is nice, and it smells good, but you could say that about most lip balms. It actually makes my lips peel and dries them out when I use it, and the waxiness irritates my throat somehow (Chapstick does the same thing to me). It is no better than your average balm that costs a buck or two.