September 19, 2014 | 1103 users online

Lip Treatments - eos - Lip Balm Sphere - Sweet Mint

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Bunnyisms

This lip balm really gives me lots of mixed feelings. It does work, and it's quite smooth and lasts on my lips, but I'm not sure I like the flavor at all. It feels so odd since your lips feel really cool after you put it on, and it seems a lot like smearing peppermint patty all over your lips. I also have a lot of mixed feeling about the packaging. I think it's super cute, and I've been keeping it in my makeup bag, but it takes so much space unlike a regular tube of lipstick or lip balm. I also love how the packaging makes it so easy to apply, but I think a regular tube of lipstick or lip balm is just as easy to apply. I might try a different flavor next time, but I don't think I'll get this flavor again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by fatima101

I love this product its amazing , smells nice and the packaging is just adorable . After buying this lip balm , I made all my coworkers purchase them to . I got one from Wal-mart for $4 , and I found that cosco had 4 for $10 which was steal .

Overall AMAZING .

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm taking a moment to review a lip balm b/c I absolutely LOVE this. First, I love the weird little egg package and the huge, round surface area (the application feels so good). Second, it moisturizes without the greasy effect, makes your breath smell minty, removes (my) lip lines and makes a great base for matte lipstick, which is ridiculously hard to find. Matte lipstick is drying but you can't put a shiny lip balm on or it looses the matte effect, right? This is the PERFECT solution for anyone with that issue. This seems to last pretty long (had mine for a month so far) so the $4 price tag (Duane Reade & CVS) isn't too bad. Found it at Target for $3 FYI...totally recommend this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Femmeboi

I was really reluctant to try this for a while because there was so much buzz around the eos lip balms. That super cute packaging just seemed gimmicky to me. I'm glad I gave it a shot though because I actually really like this one!

Of course this isn't the most moisturizing lip balm in the world (it's not marketed as such) And you could never rely on this alone to save your seriously dry, chapped lips, BUT it's a good item to have in your lip arsenal if, for example, you use a more moisturizing product like Vaseline at night and this during the day. Here's why-

1) It's not greasy at ALL. It's very smooth and wax-based. The sphere glides onto both of your lips and the same time and leaves them feeling quenched but still matte. This is great because you can apply lip stains, sticks, and other tinted lip products over it without them gliding right off. This is also a great balm to layer over lip stains and seal them in without messing them up.

2) The minty flavor is soothing, cooling, and also kind of delicious tasting. It's sweet but it's such a nice flavor! It doesn't taste artificial or too sugary. It's just a nice pick-me-up for your lips. Go for it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cute and great tasting lip balm! Had moderately chapped lips and this helped a lot and I like the fact that it's organic :-) Overall, a good purchase. I use it at night before bed and occasionally during the day when I get home and take my makeup/lipstick off. I like it!

**UNFORTUNATELY>this made me break out in small pimples around my lips and I stopped using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by CarlaGonzalez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Over all i really enjoyed this product but I think i like the feeling of it more than the actual formula . I remember at first i was obsessed with this lip balm, always applying it but to me it doesnt feel like its moisturizing my lips. The packaging it différent and cute and the colour is lovely. It's an eh lip balm. I have others i prefer and I still have this. I usually have to apply a few layers before i actually feel something but maybe that's just me. I wouldn't reccomend this if you're looking for something that helps with winter dry lips but more as just a basic lip balm. It was eh and I would re purcshace but I feel like there are better things out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like many people have said before me, this is nothing to use if your lips are severely chapped, just use if they're dry. When you rub it on, a lot of product doesn't come off the spear, just enough for ONLY you to know it's on there and enough moisture to be able to rub your lips together and feel the product. It has no shine or anything.

The sweet mint smells really good and has a gorgeous pastel blue packaging, which is what sold me on it in the first place. I had a hard time paying $4 for lip balm since I'm prone to losing them, but this one is so big, I doubt it's too easy to misplace it. I'm glad I bought it, it's so cute and unique to apply, and most importantly, keeps moisture to my lips. I won't hesitate to buy in the future, seeing as how happy I am with the product. Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

Both my boyfriend and I really like this and put it on for the night. It's easy to apply, has a lovely spearmint scent and makes lips really soft. I really hate the waxy feel of some beeswax lip treatments but this has a different formula which is quite moisturising though probably woudn't mend chapped lips. On chapped or cracked lips, the best is Lanolin. That being said, eos balms are caring enough for lips that just feel dried out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought my first EOS lip balm in Lemon almost 2 years ago. I wasn't impressed and I barely used it. Just earlier this year I discovered the sweet mint one, and since I'm a sucker for anything mint, I couldn't resist buying it. Again, at first, I wasn't really impressed, but as time went on and I used it more and more, I fell in love. It smells amazing, tastes great, and the feel on your lips is very cooling and smooth. I'm on my second sphere right now, and I use it every day and I still have a few good months use out of it. A lot of people complain about the sphere packaging, but I adore it! Sure I can't stick it in my pocket, but I really love the little ball! Not intensely moisturizing, but definitely keeps my lips soft and never dry. Will purchase my third when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by miamimamii

I have so many of these things, and no it is not because of all the celebrity hype. I see people complaining that it comes off quick, well I do not think it does. I love this stuff because it isnt one of those cakey, thick chapsticks that leave residue, or is too glossy. It is like just right, even my boyfriend likes to use some of my "huevos" as we like to call them lol <3 They smell amazing, I have almost all the flavors.