Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation spf 15

3.4

ACTIVE Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 15% and Zinc Oxide 5% INACTIVE ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 2/12/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Well I had heard hype about this product forever and finally decides to give it a try. I have very oily skin and had heard it was a good product to use. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. My face got very oily and quickly. Even more so than with liquid foundation! Maybe my expectations were too high but I really don't see why people love this. Taking it back to Ulta tomorrow.

on 1/29/2014 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has been great for my acne prone skin. Before I used this product I was always wearing liquid foundations that made my skin feel very oily and made me have alot more breakouts. Now my face looks and feels alot better! The coverage is a bit light but I prefer it because it looks natural. The only problem is that when I try to get some extra coverage you can notice the powder on your face, but maybe I don't blend it enough.

on 1/22/2014 8:42:00 PM

I've got 2 mineral foundations from the different companies at the moment.Bare Minerals and Sweet Face Minerals. I sure notice the difference! Bare Minerals Matte is so satiny and velvety texture and it makes skin perfect. But damn,I got the wrong color,Light W15,which is definitely so warm shade it's not good for my ivory skin. I have to get the Fairly Light N10. I will purchase it soon,cause it is so fine result that BM Matte gives,no else foundation can do that.And I have tried lots and lots of different makeup foundations. I don't like that much of the click lock go system,because when you got some overleft product after applying,you cannot get it back there.Otherwise that is pretty good too. So I just LOVE this stuff,and the price isn't so bad I think.

on 1/19/2014 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I went through one and a half pots of the Bare Minerals Matte Mineral Foundation because a. It looked most natural and uncakey as any other foundation I've tried (& I have tried A LOT) b. A little goes a long way - the pot lasts awhile! and c. I was not dealt a lucky hand when it came to skin - my face breaks out very easily and this never broke me out - I really could sleep in it and it improved my skin overtime. But dun dun dun here is the however...

However, I have VERY oily skin which was why I opted for the matte (and I'm also very fair so the original with the sparkles in it makes me look like a 12 yr old fairy) but even with the matte and a matte finishing veil I still got very shiny 2 hrs after applying. That being said, it also oxidizes and makes it much darker. I'm as fair as they make so even slight oxidation makes it obvious I'm wearing foundation. I told an Ulta girl about this and she said that's common with the Matte mineral powder and she's also heard it makes you itch in the summer...so she steered me to the bare minerals ready foundation. It's a new formula and she raved about it. She told me she was underwhelmed with the original formula but this one is the closet to real skin texture. She applied it in the store and it looked magnificent! EDIT: I'll be reviewing the Ready Foundation. NOT magnificent.

If you are not shine prone or very, very fair then matte bare minerals will more than likely look excellent on you but it wasn't for me. The product itself isn't bad, necessarily and I wouldnt mind blotting every now and then throughout the day but the oxidation really killed it for me.

on 1/6/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have acne prone, dry skin. I planned on switching to powder foundation after vichy dermablend broke me out horribly.

I read that pressed powders are more likely to break you out due to the binders. I decided to go with bareminerals because it was less likely to break me out and was "buildable".

I didn't want the original because it was very shimmery, which I hate and the shimmer can break some people out.

I really think this is one of the most over rated products. In Canada, it cost $36 for 5 mg. Not worth it. You need to use so much to cover anything and its patchy, especially over concealer. It takes forever to build up. The product flies all over and you inhale it, which is not good.

Shades:
The lightest shade is too dark and pink in undertone for asian or pale skin. I have nc15-20 skin.

Pros: This did reduce the appearance of pores. It looked great on my nose, but that's it.

I'm returning it...

on 1/6/2014 1:02:00 AM

I bought this hoping that it would help with my acne and oil slick for a face, and it did the opposite. First, this product somehow made me more oily... It dried out my oily skin (which is REALLY a feat) and left me with dry, itchy, irritated red patches around my nose and on my cheeks, which subsequently made me MORE oily as my face tried to compensate for the sahara desert that had popped up after applying this. Additionally, it broke down really fast, especially on my chin, and left me with weird patchiness on my face. It also didn't cover very well unless I built it up a ton, which only worsened the dry/oily battle happening. Additionally, I hate the packaging. The black lid shows smudges really easily, and the powder makes that worse, and the whole "swirl-tap-buff" thing seems very wasteful and results in clouds of makeup dust all over everything, and I'm a bit OCD and therefore powder products like this just drive me crazy (can't do loose eyeshadow, what a nightmare) because they get stuck around the lip outside the canister and underneath the sifter cap in the foundation. DO NOT RECOMMEND AND WILL NEVER REPURCHASE! What a huge waste of money :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was pretty ok. I love that this brand has different undertone selections so that's great but I found myself not totally in love with the product like I thought I would be. Powder foundations aren't for me because they emphasize my dry spots and imperfections. This powder was ok but it would fade and rub off easily so it was pointless. I have a long day that consists of a 9 hour work shift and a 5 hour college class schedule daily. I don't expect this markup to stay perfect all day because I have a long day but I expected alot more from it especially because of the price. The staying power wasn't great as the coverage was a little above average. Mr worth the money for me. ($20 full size jar)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I feel like I've wasted my money on this stuff. I've used drugstore mineral foundations that I like just as much. L'oreal makes a great mineral powder, and Maybelline is very good too. I wanted to treat myself to a nice makeup, but this foundation doesn't impress me much. Next time I'll save the extra bread.

on 12/27/2013 1:37:00 PM

HORRIBLE FOUNDATION!!! I have smooth skin, but this settles into every pore and it makes your skin texture really ROUGH looking! If you have large pores it will magnify and highlight them. It has LIGHT coverage, so it basically gives no coverage at all. If you have combo/oily skin this doesn't stay matte for long. After an hour it was a greasy shiny mess. It also feels really heavy on the skin, which is super annoying to me. My favorite foundation Cover girl 3 in 1 doesn't feel like your wearing anything and it makes your skin look smooth and flawless. Bare minerals matte will not give you a flawless finish. Mineral foundation is so hyped, its just ground up pressed powder!! DON'T BUY THIS!!!

When I was at Sephora it looked good on me until a few days later. I noticed that it was very orangy, and it broke me out like CRAZY!! I usually just get a few breakouts but it was all over my cheeks under my eyes on my nose pretty much my whole face! I returned it a week later and the lady at Sephora said (since I am acne prone) that product contained mineral oil which can clog pores and cause breakouts. It looked pretty nice I guess but would probably not work for acne prone skin.