OPI Nail Envy - Original

4.1

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Propyl Acetate, Tosylamide Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Triphenyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Butyl Alcohol, Formaldehyde, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Camphor, Diacetone Alcohol, Ethyl Tosylamide, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Violet 2 (CI 60725), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

It's the best! Won't use anything but. It is my base and top coat, and helps my nails get stronger. I just had gel nails taken off and this stuff is honestly like nail rehab. Works perfectly.

YCH

on 6/25/2012 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Well, a few months ago, some of my nails started to flake very badly and I read the reviews and settled on this to try (several people recommended the original over the flaky nail version) so I shelled out almost 20 on a bottle with high hopes. Well it looks very nice as a clear nail varnish BUT after following the instructions to the letter for probably about 3 months, my nails were in a worse state than when I started - the peeling bits peeled larger a area off as the varnish held the top layer together (if you see what I mean) and my nails went quite yellow and unattractive. Back to better nutrition and lots of almond oil rubbed into my nails and cuticles for me. Waste of 20 IMHO.

I wil ALWAYS have this with me!!! The last few months my nails had gotten very brittle. A lot of factors could be the reason for it - stress, poor diet, not eating my multivitamin, not wearing gloves when I wash dishes and work in the kitchen.............whatever but my nails just broke or peeled off. I tried the regular sally hansen stuff but all it did was make the more brittle or the polish/strengthner would peel off and then so would my nails.
I read about this on MUA and decided to buy it. I know its not the cheapest product out there BUT it really works!!! it stays on and does its job! I have really nice nails right now and i have changed nothing except use this. Definitely worth trying and holding onto!

on 5/22/2012 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bit my nails for 28 years. And when I say bite, I mean there was NOTHING left. I finally kicked the habit by wearing gels for 6 months. Talk about expensive. I finally ditched the gels and I started using Nail Envy. My manicurist can't believe I ever bit my nails. They are strong and beautiful and hardly ever break. I love it as a base coat and it's pretty on its own as a shiny protective coat too. I tried cheaper nail strengtheners since and NONE have even come close to the results I get with Nail Envy. I highly recommend! It's worth the money!

on 5/6/2012 3:19:00 AM

Takes a LONG time to dry, compared to other basecoats (even sticky ones) and especially compared to Nailtek's Intensive and Foundation basecoats and treatments. Polishes that work fine with other base coats drag and streak with this as a base coat - opaque good formula cremes!

The nail on a couple of fingers also peeled in multiple places after using this for a few days - previously used Nailtek and Bonder, or alternated them. Could be random, or not - I will continue to use this for a while, but would not repurchase.

The best base coat - nail strengthener that I've ever used. It's a bit too expensive, this is the only downside. I use 2 coats of it before applying coloured nail polish. It makes my nails sooo healthy and strong! I used to break my nails all the time when hiting them slightly, but now when I accidently hit them, they all remain safe! This is amazing! I can see the difference! Will buy again!

on 4/21/2012 11:00:00 PM

I love love love this product! I got it for dirt cheap at a sale at my local salon but would definitely pay the full 20$ for it. I use nail polish and nail polish remover every week and my nails peels and are super flimsy. When I started using this product I noticed a huge difference! I don't notice yellowing on my nails, it encourages them to grow and makes them so much stronger. I love the brush size and it drys super fast. I also find that for me it works as a bonder as well. I am for sure buying this again and have told all my friends about it.

on 3/3/2012 8:34:00 PM

Have used Nail Envy on and off and its the only thing that allows my paper thin nails to grow past the end of my finger, I tend to build up layers and then sandwich a colour between them, as my nail are unusually thin so this would not be necessary for all, I like that you can apply over colour and still get the strengthening, I tend to buy when on offer in duos from QVC though you can get cheapies from ebay if you watch carefully. I have tried the Matt version and particularly like that plus it seems to provide more adherence for a colour so an excellent base coat, without this I cannot grow my nails so I am rating it highly.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Don't get me wrong, this is a great nail strengthener but not so much as a base coat. I was looking for a good base coat and thought i would try this. my nails are yellow from this base coat so i will go get a different brand when i finish this. the price: $10

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is the best nail conditioner in the world. I love the wide brush, too.

Top Rated OPI Products