October 21, 2014 | 1204 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the colours, the glossiness and the absence of a smell. However, I cannot stand the texture of this lipgloss. It is thick and sticky and I absolutely can't stand anything sticky on my lips. I much prefer Dior or Givenchy lipglosses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Everything is great about this gloss...except the price tag and the stick factor. Here's the thing: when you put on the gloss there is slight stickyness/tackyness, but not a problem at all (and I HATE sticky glosses). But, when I go outside into winter weather, the gloss gets super SUPER sticky! Really, you have to peel your lips apart! I thought I was nuts, so I tried this three times to make sure...before taking it back. The packaging, color, gloss, etc was terrific. But I cannot use sticky glosses. And, frankly, Chanel should know better. UPDATE: It is true that some glossmiers are stickier than others. The one I reviewed above was Equinoxe. I have found Pagoda and Unity to be much better here...and the colors are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice texture, no smell or taste, non sticky, long staying power.

Beautiful range of colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by GeminisMommy

Luscious texture, feels great on my lips. No detectable taste or odor. Lasts longer between applications than my Mac glosses. It IS expensive, however there is more in the tube than most glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ebrhoades

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Packaging is gorgeous but doesn't allow you to use the product at the bottom of the tube - for $25 I want to use every drop. You can't buy a better lip gloss. I have had nearly all of the colors and they're all beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by TVHostnModel

last long... great coverage... lots of shine.. tastes good.. however,, very pricey and the packaging out of date!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a beautiful gloss. The colours are so pretty and wearable (I have shade 25 a light pink colour). The texture is fine and smooth, not sticky at all as I can't stand sticky glosses. The staying power is decent for a lip gloss. What I love the most is the packaging. It is so elegant and classic Chanel. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Madera

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best glosses in the world. Whatever the shade. The best. Chanel needs to kick off the price tag. It is a ridicule to sell few items, and total it to 300 bucks. Crazy!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by march_angels

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the Magnifique Glossimer. It is absolutley beautiful!! I have very fair skin and it's a light shiny pink -and it's not sticky like most all other lip glosses. I'll be buying another Magnifique for my purse and additional colors as well! :-) I can't bring myself to wear any other lipgloss after trying the glossimer. I just wish it didn't cost so much!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by kurisuteru

This is going back to the Bay.

I was extremely disappointed with this product. I purchased Amberlight, a limited edition gloss released for the Fall 2008 collection. It looked very beautiful on in the first 5 seconds I applied it, but after it settled in, it just looked like I was wearing a transparent gloss. For the price of 30.00$ CA, I was expecting something that was longer lasting and definitely more pigmented.

It feels comfortable on the lips, but if I were really just aiming for comfort, I would've stuck with buying a 2 dollar lip balm. I'm going back to lipglasses.