November 27, 2014 | 1182 users online

Highlighters - NARS - The Multiple in Copacabana

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Copacabana makes me feel like a movie star. It is the perfect highlighter and makes cheek bones look so high. I cannot leave the house without using this multiple. The color is perfect when you are really tan or even pale. If you want to feel beautiful then this is a must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My first multiple -- I own three little ones from a trio from Sephora. I'm new to this type of makeup, so I went carefully with it on my first try, and the look was very classy and luminous. Applied it with my index finger on the inner corners of my eyes, tops of cheeks, down the center of my nose, on the tip of chin, and just a bit above the brows. I applied this highlighter over NARS pressed powder (Eden) and Angelika so I re-applied a bit more of it once I'd gotten the basic idea of where to put it. I like the look because it is not shimmery/glimmery/glowy. On my skin, it is more of a light-diffused brightness.

I can see myself using this highlighter a lot in the summer with the other two multiples which I am saving for warmer weather. My skin is MAC NW20 and I don't think this shade/tone would look very much like anything on paler skin. Very nice idea from a company coming up with new ideas, as least where I'm concerned.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by rocker

This is a definite HG product for me. I've tried lots of highlighters but this is the most natural. For me, I find it gives a much better result and is far easier to blend when I put a small amount on with my fingers rather than straight from the tube. Works great across the cheek bones, brow bones and down the center of the nose, leaving my skin glowy without looking unnatural. This product is shimmery without being glittery so I can use it during the day. I hate products with glitter. It's great if you are using a more matte foundation for staying power to add this for some dimension for the face. The silvery color looks a little scary in the tube but a little at a time can look very natural. It will last a very long time too - I've had mine for ages and there is barely a dent in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by macalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I guess the problem is that I don't really know how to use a highlighter correctly. I think I always use too much or too little, because I either think it's scarily shimmery or it didn't make any difference at all. I used it over the cheekbones at my wedding... at the pictures it was ok, but at the video it was terribly bright with an exagerated shimmer. Well, at least it worn off after a few hours. I won't buy again because I didn't like it this much and also because It's huge and will last for ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Bradiette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this although it's really not my "type" of product. I usually like a more matte look and prefer a powder highlighter. I wish I used this more but I really only use it on my face for a night out or some special reason. I do love using it an an eyeshadow base though and use it for that often, and it goes a long way that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kizkad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the latest in a line of highlighters that i have been trying, looking for my HG, i tried high beam, moon beam, albatross, and various offerings from mac, but they all pale in comparison to this gem, by far the very best highlighter i have ever used! just what i have been looking for

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My introduction to Multiples came with Malibu, which is one of the duller sticks. Malibu was a dulled rose that I used, briefly, as a blush, before growing bored with it. I then moved to the sexier South Beach, a tan/apricot with glitter. This fared somewhat better and I used it as a highlighter with Orgasm blush, for some enhanced special effects.

Copacabana didn't really interest me, thanks to its platinum color. I thought it didn't have the possibilities of Orgasm, which I could also use as a blush. But then I read the reviews here and snagged the last Copacabana in town and I haven't regretted the purchase one bit.

Some time ago, a very pale friend asked how to get a "J. Lo glow." I wouldn't know; I am also pale. The most I could offer was a thin coat of self-tanner and a rosy blush, but that wasn't what my friend wanted. She wanted the dewiness and radiance.

Thanks to Copacabana, I've worked out the look for palefaces. It takes a night with self-tanner (I use Clarins), a swipe of Nars Super Orgasm (pink/peach) and Copacabana on the cheekbone. Used correctly, Copacabana will give the dewy look rather than appearing simply as a silvery highlighter.

Copacabana is the indispensable item in my makeup bag. It works with all colors of blush and it works in all seasons. It helps the face look brighter and more refreshed, and it can be applied more thickly for a party look. I find there is no substitute for it (and I have a lot of highlighting products) and I recommend it highly. continued >>

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by alka1

There's something about the name that has always intrigued me.. reminds me of the Copacabana song by Barry Manilow. I craved this product for so long - the price is what initially kept me from purchasing. But I was familiar with the high-quality NARS products after having used the Orgasm/Laguna duo. I finally decided to plunk down the $40 and test it out.
(NC35 skin) In the stick, the product looks like a pearlescent white with shimmer. I think NARS describes it as a Glistening Pearl, which is a pretty accurate description. The formula is very smooth and creamy, but doesn't feel overly emollient. Leaves a nice powdery finish. Once applied, the micro-shimmer is quite subtle - there is shimmer here but it's not chunky or overly sparkly.
I find that with most highlighters, less is more. I would never apply this all over the cheek. A subtle glow that looks natural looks way better than in-your-face shimmer. You can achieve a nice pearlescent glow if you apply lightly and only apply it to the very top of the cheekbone.
I smooth my (clean) fingertips over the top of the stick, then gently tap along the very high of my cheekbone. Almost like the light is directly reflecting right at the top. I also take it up towards the brow, then apply what is left over to the chin and cupid's bow. For nighttime, I also dot this on the inner corners of the eyes.
That's it. Sounds like minimal application, but it makes a big difference. I have combination skin, and this never makes me look extra-oily or greasy. Just a nice subtle glow --really gives a radiant look.
If i'm using liquid foundation, I apply this right after my foundation. If I'm using a powder foundation (MAC MSFN), I apply this before the powder.
I don't regret buying this at all. A bit pricey, but you do get your money's worth for the quality of the product, the long-wear, and the huge amount (.5 oz). I love it and would repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

NARS Copacabana is love and not so loveable at the same time. Colorwise, this is similar to my favorite highlighter of all time, Benefit High Beam. It's a light cream/light pink highlighter that I was hoping would deliver the same erethreal glow that High Beam does. I absolutely ADORE my Palm Beach and South Beach multiples, because the color payoff and blendability is outstanding, Copacabana to me feels drier once applied, and seems considerably more difficult to blend. It's definitely pretty .. but the texture just isn't up to par with my other multiples, thus the lower rating. All in all, I like it, I'm just not in love with it, can't see repurchasing it. I'd rather stick with my beloved High Beam!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to give this a 5, but I couldn't, because it just fades so fast on me. It lasts about two hours max on my combination skin. But it gives my skin such a pretty, glowy yet subtle effect, especially when used on the top of my cheekbones, and above my cupid's bow. This is only the third illuminating product I have tried, after Benefit High Beam and Clinique Uplighting, but I am very happy with it, and it's definitely the best out of the three, in my opinion. It's not a major hassle to carry it around with me, or to reapply it, but I do wish it lasted longer.

EDIT Feb 2011 - I still love this. Now that my skin is not so oily anymore it lasts longer. And I still have a ton of product remaining in the tube, despite having had it for almost three years and using it regularly!