Maybelline Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

Yes this is a fantastic pallette for beginners and dummies like me who have no idea how to achieve a gorgeous smoky eye, BUT I must admit the finished product washed me out somewhat and I needed to add the 2 lightest gold colours from the "Give me Gold" pallette to my lids and inner eyes to make my light green eyes "pop" however, this quad provided that lovely smoky look and a gorgeous base, it just (on my face) needed that extra little oomph of something, Looking forward to trying the emerald smokes but have a feeling I will also need to add something to give that pop of colour.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Great for a nice smokey, taupey look. Not matte. I like it. Won't repurchase it because I forgot I had it and went out and bought another. (smh)
There should be a Makeup Addicts Anonymous, I swear.
Hi, my name is XYZ and I am addicted to makeup!

on 12/31/2010 7:48:00 PM

This is a great quad. I don't like heavy makeup looks, but with this quad you can create a nice smokey eye that isn't too intense. Also, with an eyeshadow base the colours last for hours with very little fallout, which is great considering how cheap the quad is.

on 12/28/2010 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a nice quad. They compliment my skin tone well and it's really easy to use. The eyeshadows have pretty good pigmentation, considering that they're from the drugstore. I have pretty good wear with them. There's some fallout from the lid and crease colors but as long as I pack on the color instead of sweeping it on I don't really get any fallout. The brow bone color is pretty chalky but I don't really use it anyway so it didn't matter to me. Overall, this is a good e/s quad for a beginner or if you want something quick for those days when you don't have enough time to apply e/s.

on 12/28/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this quad! The colors are gorgeous, and you can really go from day-time-natural to night-time-smokey with this. I still prefer UD e/s, but this is great for travel and when you just need something quick. I find there is some glittery fall-out from the lid and crease colors, and the matte colors are not as creamy and pigmented as I would like, but for the price it is fine. It is fairly long wearing for a d/s e/s, but I always use a primer and I do get some creasing after a couple hours. I'd recommend this and the Chai Latte quad to make-up beginners.

on 12/19/2010 1:15:00 AM

I LOVE this quad! I got this after one of the youtube gurus (hollyannerae) recommended it. The shadows are highly pigmented and easy to work with... Inexpensive (less than 10 cdn at the Superstore) and all shadows are good quality. Will repurchase.

on 12/15/2010 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

picked this up on sale and read great reviews about the natural smokes so I decided to buy it! once I tried it on, I felt in love with it, very blendable, pigmented! I followed the instructions and got amazing results, the best smokey eyes I have done, so easy... highly recommended for beginners!

I have the same similar colour palette from Bobbi Brown, for some reason I find the Maybelline ones work better (smoother and more pigmented) and of course much cheaper!

I love it! highly recommended!

on 12/14/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Great quad for a brown smokey eye. I really like the colors-good pigmentation, very blendable and easy to transition from a day to night look with one palette. I like combining Patina and Satin Taupe with this palette too. Some reviewers have noted the lid color is not that pigmented, but I've found that if I put the highlight color all over my lid and then layer the lid color on top it looks really pretty-actually similar to patina. The crease color actually looks good in the outer v if you are looking for a daytime look. I would say the crease color is similar to MAC's Handwritten. Great value.

on 12/2/2010 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Really good palette for creating a day smoky eye, I'm so much into neutrals right now and I really like it. Not so crazy about the brow bone shade, it doesn't show up very well on my skin.

on 11/22/2010 9:33:00 PM

I gave into the hype and bought this quad. It is indeed, an excellent everyday smokey eye, but a warning to medium-dark/warm skinned girls like myself - these colors do NOT show up very well if you're darker complected. I really had to work with the taupe shade to get it to show, eventually wetting the eyeshadow to get the color out. The crease and outer corner shades show up fine, but come out a little muddy, again because I'm darker. If you're medium to light, I would say this would work well and the colors would be truer on you. Personally, I won't be repurchasing. I'll keep it just because it's a no-brainer everyday look, and I can reserve my more expensive shadows for special occasions.