October 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Stylish Smokes in Natural Smokes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by sarah1208

This is a great quad. I don't like heavy makeup looks, but with this quad you can create a nice smokey eye that isn't too intense. Also, with an eyeshadow base the colours last for hours with very little fallout, which is great considering how cheap the quad is.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by babyax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice quad. They compliment my skin tone well and it's really easy to use. The eyeshadows have pretty good pigmentation, considering that they're from the drugstore. I have pretty good wear with them. There's some fallout from the lid and crease colors but as long as I pack on the color instead of sweeping it on I don't really get any fallout. The brow bone color is pretty chalky but I don't really use it anyway so it didn't matter to me. Overall, this is a good e/s quad for a beginner or if you want something quick for those days when you don't have enough time to apply e/s.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I love this quad! The colors are gorgeous, and you can really go from day-time-natural to night-time-smokey with this. I still prefer UD e/s, but this is great for travel and when you just need something quick. I find there is some glittery fall-out from the lid and crease colors, and the matte colors are not as creamy and pigmented as I would like, but for the price it is fine. It is fairly long wearing for a d/s e/s, but I always use a primer and I do get some creasing after a couple hours. I'd recommend this and the Chai Latte quad to make-up beginners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this quad! I got this after one of the youtube gurus (hollyannerae) recommended it. The shadows are highly pigmented and easy to work with... Inexpensive (less than 10 cdn at the Superstore) and all shadows are good quality. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by seatube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

picked this up on sale and read great reviews about the natural smokes so I decided to buy it! once I tried it on, I felt in love with it, very blendable, pigmented! I followed the instructions and got amazing results, the best smokey eyes I have done, so easy... highly recommended for beginners!

I have the same similar colour palette from Bobbi Brown, for some reason I find the Maybelline ones work better (smoother and more pigmented) and of course much cheaper!

I love it! highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Great quad for a brown smokey eye. I really like the colors-good pigmentation, very blendable and easy to transition from a day to night look with one palette. I like combining Patina and Satin Taupe with this palette too. Some reviewers have noted the lid color is not that pigmented, but I've found that if I put the highlight color all over my lid and then layer the lid color on top it looks really pretty-actually similar to patina. The crease color actually looks good in the outer v if you are looking for a daytime look. I would say the crease color is similar to MAC's Handwritten. Great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really good palette for creating a day smoky eye, I'm so much into neutrals right now and I really like it. Not so crazy about the brow bone shade, it doesn't show up very well on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave into the hype and bought this quad. It is indeed, an excellent everyday smokey eye, but a warning to medium-dark/warm skinned girls like myself - these colors do NOT show up very well if you're darker complected. I really had to work with the taupe shade to get it to show, eventually wetting the eyeshadow to get the color out. The crease and outer corner shades show up fine, but come out a little muddy, again because I'm darker. If you're medium to light, I would say this would work well and the colors would be truer on you. Personally, I won't be repurchasing. I'll keep it just because it's a no-brainer everyday look, and I can reserve my more expensive shadows for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

Maybelline has wowed me again. I picked this up after everyone in the world raved about it, mostly for the stunning taupe lid color.

The first time I used this quad, I actually had to remove all my makeup and redo my eyes because the colors are SO pigmented! I was using that heavy-handed-"I'm-using-cheap-eyeshadow" application, thinking this drugstore quad would be weak but I was incredibly wrong.

I ended up using the gorgeous taupe the least; it's intensely shimmery on me so definitely not a day color. The darkest shade is extraordinarily smooth and rich. I love the MAC Mulch dupe brown for a crease color. I was exceptionally happy to find a highlight color that wasn't completely hideous. I usually don't even bother with the highlight shades but this cream color is sheer and flattering. I even like to use it as a lid color for day.

The only issue I had with this quad was fallout with the taupe color. I prefer applying that one with my ring finger. This is a great buy if you want a go-to neutral set without breaking the bank. I'm very tempted to buy the rest of the Stylish Smokes quad :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this quad! Has nice neutral colours that are perfect for creating that smokey eye. Will need a primer with this as it will crease without one, but other than that, they are really good shadows and nicely pigmented. A great buy.