April 17, 2014 | 1886 users online

Mascara - Giorgio Armani - Eyes to Kill

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

This is a pretty close to perfect mascara. What it especially does well is giving length and volume while keeping the lashes separated instead of clumpy. I will give a slight edge to YSL Faux Cils for giving more volume, but to find a mascara that does all that this is still pretty awesome. It also doesn't flake as much as most mascaras. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I received a sample of this mascara at Nordstrom, and was eager to try it because I had heard so many wonderful things. Overall, I find it does give a fair amount of drama, but I have to use about 2-3 coats for the desired effect. It does make my lashes look fluffy and full, and it lengthens decently. The black is a nice, rich black, and there is minimal clumping.

My only complaint is it does leave your lashes feeling a bit crunchy if you use more than 1 coat -- just a personal pet peeve of mine, since I like to have soft-feeling lashes.

Overall, I would most likely purchase the full-size. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by abulauski

I love this product. I first read about it from a wedding photographer's website. She recommended it to brides. It works! Truly. I curl my lashes with a Shu Umara curler and throw this on and it lasts ALL DAY! My lashes look great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the 'Excess' version first, which I love! So i decided to try this one cos some people said that the original is better, but i would have to politely disagree! This one is quite clean (doesn't clump as much as excess), i find it personally very curling/lifting on my lashes but only slightly (very slightly) lengthing and doesn't make me look pretty at all! It just makes my eyes big and round, whereas i much prefer the sweeping vinyl japanese long eye (which is much more the excess version) on my eyes. For me this original version doesn't even compare to givenchy or bad gal lash (which are cheaper)! The only mascara i'd pay that much for is the eyes to kill 'Excess' version!!
UPDATE: Its easy to be disappointed by a product when its hyped, but despite my initial disappointment this Mascara has stood the test of time and now its the one mascara I reach for the most for day time. Its a more mature and sophicated yet dramatic mascara was can look good with natural make-up for day time....., 'Excess' version is better for evening, and i'm starting to fall in love with this one. So Giorgio Armani has won my heart in foundation and now mascara too! One very seductive cosmetics range indeed!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by semolinapilchard

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This didn't hold my curl but I'm used to Shu Basic. However, my mom used it without an eyelash curler and hers were curled and stayed as such. I guess she has a natural curl. But mine definitely sank as soon as I applied it.

That said, its finish is lovely and the application is very nice- excellent definition and separation, notable lengthening, no clumping, wore well through the day, and was a nice dark black.

ETA: tempted to knock another lippie- it flakes like a bastard. Will be a return.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 10:48:00 AM More reviews by luliana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

in short: the very best mascara i've ever used - volumize, lengthen and holds a curl. my lashes looks dramatic yet natural ( you have to try it to understand:)) - will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by litgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. Almost no volume, some length. Sticks lashes together if you try to apply more coats, makes them spikey. Big disappointment after reading such great reviews. Just an ordinary mascara in a nice packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I expected much more from this mascara after all the hype. Its not any better than lancome mascaras. Hypnose Drama is still my fav. and in my opinion is better than this one. will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by slstar

Super black color. Fabulous packaging. But that's it. It lengthens a good bit, but in the volume dept...it is severely lacking. I have had better volume with drug store mascaras. It also seems to make lashes stick together beyond 2 coats. And at $30 a tube, I think I would much rather stick with my YSL Faux Cils which has the same rich black color but gives outrageous length AND volume, as well as soft-to-the-touch, fluttery lashes. I will use up the tube since I threw away my receipt, but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Mehach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product gives what you expect from Giorgio Armani! I am pretty much pleased with this mascara. It is a high end one and absolutely makes a dramatic look. I have lashes at normal length and this has made them curve up and gain length at desirable measures.