October 30, 2014 | 1193 users online

Liquid - Boots - Lifting & Firming Foundation SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

HG!! I finally won't be out on the search for my perfect foundation. Without a doubt this foundation makes my skin look flawless, people notice and will comment on how nice your skin is. I just love the look on my skin, its gorgeous. The only problem is the fact that the darker shades look a bit orange in the bottle so I got almond but I mix the tinniest amount of my nars sheer glow darker foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MadnNatsmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this from Target last night after reading all the reviews - 'tis true ...bought shade 'nude' and it looked too light at first, but just melted into my skin for a perfect match. Incredible.

I was intrigued because reviews mentioned it had yellow undertones (I'm light-medium Korean) and it's difficult finding such in DS brands. I was using L'oreal True Match in Warm 4 but the color was still too pink and coverage was too light.

I never purchased full bottles of HE brands, only used samples, but I don't see/feel any discernable difference from this and Lancome, Estee Lauder and Shiseido.

The coverage was heavier than I'd anticipated, which I like since I could forego concealer around my nose and chin area (acne scars). Yet, I don't look heavily made up.

One pump was a little too much for my entire face. This bottle is going to last me a long time.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I can't exactly comment on its ability to lift and firm my skin, considering I'm still in my teens, but this is everything I look for in a foundation. The coverage, I would say, is medium, it lasts for the day and it does not cake at all. My bottle was about $22 CAN, which is a tad high for a drugstore foundation, but since it's so good, I can dismiss that. I do wish that it gives slightly better coverage 'cause I have terrible skin, but it's not bad if I use a good concealer. The best part? It doesn't break me out. This is definitely my fave foundation and I would buy this again. :)
    For color reference, I'm in the NC25 range and I use Vanilla.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by cosmojunkie1233

This would be a great foundation if it weren't so yellow. I think very fair skin tones will find this to be an impossible match. I am more light, not fair, and the lightest shade (new ivory) is almost too dark, but that is probably because it is very yellow. If you are cool toned (pinky undertones) this will not work for you. It is very unfortunate because I was looking for an everyday foundation. I am accustomed to my MUFE HD foundation but needed something less expensive for everyday use. I guess I will need to keep looking :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by liveitup

HELLO holy grail foundation! I have never, ever, ever, ever, ever used a more perfect foundation than this one (knock on wood). I don't have enough amazing things to say about this product. Loves it.

The number one thing I look for in a foundation is acne control. I mean, not that in *controls* my acne necessarily, but it doesn't make me break out at all. May I repeat: AT. ALL. I have my hormonal shit from time to time, yes, but even then I've been seeing much improvement in my skin's texture. Also, this foundation in itself has been acne-free for me. I have never used a foundation that has kept me from breaking out albeit a tiny bit. And as college student who has been battling acne for most of her teen years (and now her twenties, unfortunately), this is a huge, huge deal.

The color range isn't diverse, but I'm going to be selfish right now and let ya'll know that I've found my perfect match regardless. It's weird because I'm an NC20, but blonde (the Boots shade and one which is relatively dark for a pale-skinned like yours truly) has been suiting me well. It doesn't match my face but it does my chest, and it makes my skin tone look much more even.

The finish is absolutely stunning. Like many have mentioned, not necessarily matte or dewy. More like a silky finish -- a combination of both. It's medium and buildable (which I most definitely need) and does not look cakey. I do, however, use concealer for the darker blemishes. Yes, this product has dimethicone in it, but last time I checked it's nothing to go haywire about. And because it has dimethicone I've also stopped using primer underneath my foundation. In fact, I do dare say you do not need to use primer with this foundation. The product itself blurs out your pores (in my opinion, it works great with one of those HD powder, whether it be MUFE or ELF), evens your skin tone, and stays on for an incredible amount of time (all without a primer). I leave my apartment at 8am in the morning, go to work, and go to classes. I blot my t-zone with a tissue maybe once or twice throughout the day (the consequences of having oily skin) but that's about it. I come back at 8pm and, voila, my skin still looks great. Impressed? I am. Most definitely.

If you can, go buy it. At least try it out. Your face will thank you.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was actually considering not getting this because at 11 kinds of foundation who really needs more? But I'm very glad I did and I haven't used anything else since. I agree with other posters that their shades aren't light enough.. The color is ever so slightly off, but for me it's not very noticeable so I'm not too bothered. I'm not bothered because this stuff looks and feels amazing on your skin. The classy glass pump bottle dispenses enough for your entire face basically, and it glides on like a dream. The coverage is medium to full I would say, and it covers very naturally. It manages to smooth over my humungous pores without feeling heavy or silicone-y (I hate 'cones!). I have fairly oily, acne-prone skin and this has not made me break out. I'm also on Retin A for my acne and my face peels intensely ever other day -- this stuff doesn't accentuate is as much as others. In fact, it helps to smooth over the rough patches. This stuff makes your face smooth and fresh looking even if its not. My HG used to be Nars SG but now I can get better results with a foundation that costs $30 less. Win!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Coverage is medium and buildable, formula feels nice, though a little dry, even for my oily skin. The color range is terrible. I tried New Ivory in the store, which was slightly too dark and yellow for my NC15 skin, so I purchased Porcelain online assuming that it would be light enough. Oddly, I don't find the color much different from the New Ivory. It's still slightly too dark and too yellow. As far as the skin benefits go, I haven't noticed any. In fact, I start developing small, white bumps on my jawline shortly after application. This is a no-go for me. For those with light-medium, yellow-based skin, this could potentially be a HG foundation. Just not for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by harlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is really great during the winter! It feels great on my super dry and demanding skin during the winter. It glides on smoothly, smells quite nice, doesn't feel or look heavy, and very buildable. Not to shabby..i'd purchase again, but knowing how my skin changes so drasticly to the weather, I'd probably have to wait until I run out, since I get so oily during the summer. Lifting and firming? I don't really feel like it does anything of that sort, but I don't really mind because it feels good and its worth the money I purchased it for. Hope this helps. Happy Holidays!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by pianadark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*ROP for pics*

I needed a foundation for winter, the only time my skin is somewhat dry and I decided to pick this foundation up because of the good reviews. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of this and I love the polished glow it gives me.

Shade: It was trial-and error when I searched for the right shade. I'm in the NC30 range, and I read that many NC30-35 ladies were matched perfectly to "Vanilla." After swatching Vanilla at Target, the color seemed right but the undertone was not as yellow as I had hoped. It was not pink, but more beige than yellow. "Nude" had a wonderful yellow undertone but it was too light for my skin, so I chose the inbetween shade "Blonde," which happened to be a much closer undertone match to my skin than Vanilla while still remaining in the same shade range. It definitely has a yellow undertone, but I wish it were slightly more yellow.

For reference, I wear:
    -MAC NC30
    -NARS Sheer Glow in Punjab (best color match I've found so far)
    -MUFE HD in 127
    -Chanel Pro Lumiere in Shell 30

Medium golden skin with strong yellow undertones.

Coverage: Medium, covers flaws and redness but still allows skin to show through. Similar coverage as NARS Sheer Glow, Chanel Pro Lumiere, and MUFE HD. Gives a more polished, clean, glowy look to your real skin. Can be sheered out with damp brush or sponge.

Finish: Definitely satin, but on the dewy side of satin. Not too dewy that my face looks shiny or oily, but it does provide a very nice glow. Looks clean on the face and extremely smooth. No oil control problems here.

Feel: Moisturizing and very smooth, does not dry out my skin or emphasize flakiness, feels light. This product has dimethicone in it, which may explain the velvety feel and finish. Cones tend to break me out badly, but I have experienced zero breakouts from this foundation. I have not had any bad reactions to the ingredients.

Texture: Not very liquidy or runny but not too thick. Texture is similar to MUFE HD. I find that this blends better with a brush than with fingers.

Packaging: I am blown away by the quality of the packaging. It comes in a heavy-feeling glass bottle and includes a pump! Really sophisticated packaging.. reminds me of Chanel foundations. The only thing I don't like it that you need to put quite a bit of pressure on the cap to take it off or put it back on.

Price: $14.99 for a 1 oz. bottle

Overall: I would have to agree with many of the Makeupalley reviews in that Boots L&F is a department store quality foundation at a drugstore price. It looks and feels wonderful on my skin and doesn't feel caked on or thick. It feels like soft, smooth skin. I would say that overall, this foundation is extremely comparable to Chanel Pro Lumiere, another one of my favorites, except that it has much better oil control. My skin appears satiny, glowy, and fresh. I would recommend you check out your local Target (especially all you ladies out there with yellow undertones!) and see if they have any testers like mine did. Some locations do and some don't. I am happy to confirm that this is a new winter favorite and will be a new part of my foundation rotation. I am interested in seeing how this foundation holds up in warmer weather.

"Blonde" swatch: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_njIq7zhTskc/TRK5Xi7lXLI/AAAAAAAAALU/CmTGZvfaLaI/s1600/boots2.jpg
    glowy finish: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_njIq7zhTskc/TRK4N2C3Q8I/AAAAAAAAALE/XQWVWYkxIuY/s1600/finish.jpg continued >>

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Pitbullheart71

I am 39, and I don't normally wear foundation. I find that it usually feels too thick and unnatural. That being said, sometimes I do reach for a bottle to make me feel polished and look finished- this is seriously HG. I don't know about the lifting or firming, but the feel is very high-end and -dare I say it- luxurious. Color selection is limited, but if you find a color that works for you- I say try it. The finish is medium, and a bit "dewy", but not greasy. One pump does my entire face, and it blends beautifully.