October 21, 2014 | 2018 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Moisture Sensitive Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by pashmeash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i've purchased this moisturiser a couple of times now and i think it's really good for the price. i used to use it under my make-up, but have since found a better one (embryolisse lait-creme concentre). however, since the embryolisse is quite expensive i reserve that for daytime use only and use the neutrogena moisturiser for overnight/"at home" days. it's not bad under foundation at all, i've just found one that is a bit better. it's a good all-rounder: it helps combat flakes and leaves the skin feeling soft. however it can take a little while to sink into the skin so if you are using it underneath make up, i would recommend giving it a good 5-10 minutes. for extra moisture (because my skin is ultra dry due to my acne medication) i also swirl in a few drops of rosehip oil, and the two work beautifully together.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by bella418

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So with me having oily but flaky facial skin I figured this would be the perfect basic moisturizer for my temperamental skin. I recently discovered that this was the culprit to my clogged pores over the years. It is not a good moisturizer if you skin is oily because it contained several pore clogging ingredients despite the non comedogenic claims.. for my skin all it did was clog my pores without any long term moisturization. The reason I kept using it over the years was because a dermotologist recommended this one to me so I just assumed this could in no way be contributing to my enlarged clogged pores... I always just ditched other products/cosmetics with temporary improvement. Finally I did my research of actual ingredients in everything i put on my skin (it was long and tedious but sooo worth it) and ever since I discontinued my use of this product my pores are shrinking and my skin has actually normalized.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by bluestrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have not found many products I can use without breaking out, this is one of them. Worth trying if you have temperamental skin, naturally a spf product would be preferable if you can handle it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite moisturizer hands down!
First off, my skin is combination - dry and oily in some parts. I am slightly acne prone as well.
I first bought this moisturizer when it came in a tube. I picked it up at a warehouse sale for $5 and didn't expect much.
I love the feeling of this moisturizer on my face. It's light and makes my skin feel so soft. It doesn't leave any greasy residue (cetaphil!!) or the feeling of tightness. It does not break me out at all, which was a problem I experienced with moisturizers before.
If you have sensitive skin, then I'd definitely recommend this because it's light - some might complain about this, but it works for me.
It's available in drug store and I would say it's cheap compared to other moisturizers and day creams offered elsewhere.
They've changed the packaging from a tube to a pump bottle, so I'm very pleased!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was one of the first moisturizers I used, so many years ago. I used it for quite a while, then switched to the regular SPF version once I learned how important it is to have sun protection. I recently decided I need a basic water-based moisturizers to use with my more "dewy" or "radiant" foundations to prevent them from looking shiny as fast and to improve lasting power. I made the mistake of trying Garnier's Moisture Rescue Gel-Cream first without reading the ingredient label and didn't see that it has a high alcohol content. It actually didn't dry my skin out but it did end up causing irritation. Why in the world would a company put such a DRYING, irritating ingredient in a *face moisturizer*?! Anyway, so I decided to give this another shot. It's a really great moisturizer! Some have said it's a bit watery, which I suppose the consistency of it kind of is, but to me it feels like it applies fairly thickly. It can give the feel and look of being a little greasy if you don't let it properly absorb into the skin before applying foundation or powder. If I let it do that though, it gives me a more matte look while keeping me moisturized. Due to my Garnier fiasco my skin was really itchy. After using this, it feels very soothed and the itchies are nearly gone! One downside is that it doesn't contain SPF, but I will only use it on days when I know I won't be outside, or I won't be going out much at all. Also if I do make the mistake of getting this to close to my eyes, it burns the eff out of them. It's a little alarming that a product for sensitive skin would burn the eyes so bad, but really, no moisturzier - no matter how "gentle" and/or "natural" it is - is meant to get into the eyes. I've never seen a product label say, "If product gets into eyes, don't worry about it. You're fine." It doesn't burn or irritate my skin in any way, so I figure that's good enough. I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination oily skin. That is sensitive. I break out at least 1-2 times a week. I have medium sized pores on my nose. I am drier in the winter. My only issue with this moisturiser is that it doesn't have SPF in it. Other than that, it's great. It's inexpensive, so if I'm strapped for my cash it's my go to.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Jerilyn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm very surprised to see so many negative reviews on this product. I find it to be very mild, gentle, and simple on my skin. I've used many drugstore, mid-end, and high-end skincare products, but I find myself coming back to this time and time again. Whenever my skin feels stressed out, or over worked, I turn back to a simple regimen of cleansing with a mild cleanser, toning, and using this moisturizer. It works well for me. I have dry/combination skin, and I would consider it to be fairly sensitive. I am definitely a big fan of this product. No complaints here.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this, and I keep going back to it because it is the only moisturizer I've tried that doesn't cause my sensitive skin to break out. I find that I do need to use more than the one pump recommended on the label to fully moisturize my skin. I go through a bottle pretty quickly.
I find that sometimes it leaves my t-zone a little shiny when using this in the morning, and I have been tempted to try out the combination skin moisturizer. However, I have had such great results with this that I don't want to risk breaking out again. I will probably continue to go for this moisturizer for a long time!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got this stuff about a month ago, and it's just an okay moisturizer. Nothing special, but it's really all I need to keep my skin hydrated yet non-greasy. If you have super dry skin it probably won't do much for you. I probably won't repurchase if I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i've been re-purchacing this moisturiser for about 3 years now so obviously i absolutely love it! I have dry, sensitive skin and this works wonders.
i use it every morning before i apply my foundation and every night before i go to bed, has a pump so you can use how much or how little you want, i love this moisturiser so much i don't really see the point in trying a new one
wouldn't reccommend this for someone with more oily skin as it does have quite a greasy texture