April 18, 2014 | 2032 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Telescopic Explosion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by wintrborn184

Im surprised by the low rating on this mascara! Beside the clumping it is a really good mascara. There is a noticeable lengthening to it.If you look passed the bit of clumping it is a good mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sunnye46

I dont know why this mascara gets negative reviews... i guess its one of those mascaras that works good if you already got naturally long lashes [in my case] ---- i like how it seperates my lashes and thickens them ... on occasion i like to add extra coats .. since i like the rock hard lash look...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by kmeverson

I really need volume and thickness. This is more of a separation and lengthening mascara - so right off the bat it's not working for me. It tends to get goopy and be difficult to apply after a week or two. The want is really great for getting my bottom lashes - I did love that. But, that seems like a silly reason to keep purchasing. This really didn't do what I needed it to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I thought the novel wand shape might help to apply the mascara with more precision. And it does help with that.

However, I guess I didn't really think through the fact that I'm mostly looking for more volume and thicker lashes when I go for mascara, and this doesn't deliver. This one is really all about length and separation, not volume and thickness.

It can be goopy and clumpy, and you'd be wise to use an eyelash comb. It's hard to wipe the excess mascara off the brush because of the wand shape. It does take more time to apply, but I think you could get some great lengthening effects with it if that's what you're going for. Just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by fluffyhamster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got it cheap in a sale bin. The brush does take some getting used to, but it does manage to catch all the lashes. But the formulation is more gunky than I'm used to. I have to wipe the excess on a tissue each time I use it. All in all, not worth the price (the non-sale price) and the extra time to apply it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jjmayh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok i really like this product but at first when i bought it i HATED it. It would clump my lashes and make them an awful mess. But when i worked with it more i found that using the applicator vertical helps it to separate the lashes better. It takes me at least 2 coats and some patience but i really like the look i get with this. i would recommend this to someone who wants a fanned out dramatic lash look and has time to work for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2011 10:27:00 AM More reviews by NoSugarCoating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Do NOT, I repeat do NOT waste your money on this product! I don't usually buy the brand name mascaras because I find the cheap drug store brands like L'Oreal work fine for me, however this particular one by them is AWFUL. It comes out a clumpy, nasty mess all over the brush and even after trying to wipe some off, it globs up on your eyelashes. I paid over $8.00 for this and regret it!!! I like the idea of the wand, but it's so long it just feels flimsy. Nice try L'Oreal, but you failed with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by bellagiancana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The 'design' of the brush is the right idea, but the mascara itself is terrible! The first time I put it on, it came out in 1 big goopy clump on my eyelashes! What a mess! I was about to toss it out & then thought I better not waste $12. I tried it again and wiped off the excess mascara off of the brush. It was a vast improvement and you could see the "design' of the brush was great since it started to separate and lengthen the lashes. However, it was still a bit messy.

The mascara formula needs a vast working over; it could be great!

I would not buy it again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by shimmi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

It can be a temperamental little mascara but overall, I like it. I originally bought it to satisfy my curiosity about the brush, which I find works well in defining my lashes, especially at the outer and inner corners; the "fanned-out' effect tends to make my eyes look rounder. Most days the mascara works well -- I find less is more -- but every now and then the brush delivers an overload of wet, black goop that requires the assistance of another, more conventional wand to tame. Update: Sadly, I won't be buying this again as the formula clumps badly over time. On the other hand, I've held on to the wand for use with other mascaras. Overall, was worth the one-time purchase, but I'm moving on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by shopp94

I do like this mascara, but I don't. It does lengthen my eyelashes, and it looks great. But it does clump alot, and the wand can be flimsy. To avoid clumps, I have to take a longer time (partly because of the flims brush) and really focus on getting the mascara onto all of my eyelashes. It does do a good job of reaching the lashes in the outer corner of my eye. Some days I love this mascara, and sometimes it frustrates me. Definately not my go to mascara when I need to put on makeup in a quick pinch, but when I have more time, I use it.