October 25, 2014 | 1963 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Cadylady88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After I saw some reviews on internet and finish a Covergirl lashbast mascara then I quickly gap this mascara. In my opinion, It's a reasonable price (approximately $9 in Vietnam). However, It is not hold my curl and volume my lashes even I'm apply 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by dominiqueashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

it has a huge brush which i love! it smells really gross though. this reminds me of the falsies but just a round brush. this has lasted me a very long time, i only use it from time to time though. itll make your lashes look really fake, but sometimes it can make them look spidery. this clumps very easily too its a thick sticky formula. im going to get another one of these soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by littlestarface

Brilliant mascara. I really liked it. I used the Maybelline Volum' Express Cat Eyes mascara first and loved it so decided to try another one of their mascaras once that was running out because I felt like trying a different one, and after reading the reviews I decided to go with this one.
The want is great because it's thick and you can get a lot of lashes in with one stroke.
The only thing I'd say to avoid is don't coat your lashes too much with this. Your lashes might clump the way mine do after a couple of strokes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kaylaarias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I don't use it a lot because I accidentally bought the waterproof version instead of regular, but it's good for special occassions. I wore it on my prom night and after hours of dancing and sweating it still looked perfect. The brush is really good too and does not cause clumping. It basically stays on forever which is good if you have a big event and don't want smudging or fading. The only thing keeping it from a 5 is that it is really hard to get off so it's not the best for everyday use. It also smells pretty bad but it's not a big deal since you can only smell it when you're applying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by onlyjessicax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't say this is the best mascara ever, or a very good average.
I'd say it's an average mascara.

PROS:
-It lengthens my lashes
-kinda curls my lashes (without using an eyelash curler)
-nice packaging

CONS:
-Clumps a lot
-easily gets on eyelid when applying
-makes my eyelid itch
-smelll is horrible

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Lacepowder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, it's my absolute favourite!
I've got blond, extremely straight and light lashes. This product does it all to me - it makes my lashes curled, massive and black from root to tip. It's also so cheap.. The only minus I can think of is that it really is so waterproof that takeing it off is quite difficult.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Idunnomakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG mascara. Stays forever, doesn't clump, and adds tons of length and volume. I have relatively long eyelashes, but this stuff literally makes my lashes hit my eyebrows. I'm not exaggerating. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At the moment, this is my favorite mascara. :) I just really like Maybelline mascaras in general. I have repurchased this consistently because it does stuff for my lashes that it doesn't even claim to do! It claims to give 8x the volume, but for me, I feel like it also lengthens my eyelashes. Out of all the Maybelline mascaras, I have used this the longest, which is kind of surprising to me because I always love trying out new mascaras, as I'm sure many people do.

Pros for Colossal:
-Volume
-Length
-Darkens well, good pigment
-False lash effect on my Asian lashes

Cons:
-Dries out kind of quickly
-Can clump if applied in a rush

My application process also has a bit to do with why it works so well on me. I like to apply E.L.F.'s clear lash gloss on my eyes, then wait for it to dry. Then I curl and that in itself helps me keep the curl all day, stiffens my lashes a little for easier application, and defines. Then I apply coats of mascara, waiting a couple minutes in between coats, and on days when I have enough time (because I'm always rushing haha) my lashes look really nice! :) In conclusion, this has been a staple in my makeup collection and I don't know when I'll be trying a new mascara, but I think it'll take a while. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where has this mascara been all my life?! Oh right, the same place I've been shopping all my life.. What a great mascara! All I have ever really been using for the past 3-4 years were L'Oreal mascaras and they definitely do a great job.. BUT, I get the same look with one coat of the Colossal as I do with 2-3 coats of the other brand.
----------------
This mascara has the perfect formula, literally. It's not too wet and it doesn't dry out right away. The formula holds my curls decently and it makes my lashes look so thick and dark without looking too "fake".
----------------
The brush is wonderful - it separates my lashes so perfectly and doesn't cause clumping. It's also very ergonomic!
----------------
I wont be going back to L'Oreal's mascaras - Maybelline has done a great job! No wonder this mascara is so popular.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by JessSutton101

So I was watching a video and they recommended this mascara and they said it was good, so I went to Wallgreens and bought it. Problem is? It lengthens my lashes, sure, but it is quite flaky and clumpy, although the advertisement said there were no clumps. Also, even though it it waterproof, the waterproofing on this mascara doesn't really work well. If I step into the shower while wearing this mascara, it still smudges and leaves hideous black marks under my eyes because of the water. This is an okay mascara, not the best, though. It's kinda mediocre and a bit bad.