November 24, 2014 | 1765 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation. I have been on the hunt for an HG, and honestly, this is probably it. On most days I prefer to use a tinted moisturizer and powder, but when I want to wear foundation, this is the one I reach for. I only need 1 to 2 pumps, depending on the type of coverage that I'm seeking. I have oily skin with some dry spots and as long as I moisturize beforehand, this does everything I need it to. It's one of the only foundations I've tried that I don't NEED to oil blot or touch up during the day. Would it look more perfect after 7 hours had I touched up? Yes, but the fact that it still looks great without a touch up is a huge requirement for me.
I'm NC 25 and I use this in 5.5. The bottle itself is absolutely beautiful with understated sparkles.
It lasts all day, I have fairly problematic skin with breakouts and if it's a particularly bad breakout I do like to use a concealer, but it's not necessary and I don't need to powder my whole face, either, just the t-zone which is a first for me with liquid foundations.

I love it and I totally recommend it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 6:09:00 AM More reviews by sajeani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My HG. Stays well, no oily shine, perfect light coverage. I sometimes even use it as a concealer (putting on imperfection as a second layer). One bottle lasts for 4-5 months. My skin is very pale, so I usually have problems with finding the right shade, but not with this one.
The only thing I don't like is its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by mochacino

At first I couldn't decide whether to get this one or the Luminous Silk foundation. However, I decided to get this one because according to the SA this one has more oil control than the luminous silk. I have slightly oily skin with dry acne patches. I was matched to shade #4.5 which is perfect since I have yellow undertone. I'm MAC NC20-25, MUFE HD #120, Shu Uemura FA #774, NARS Sheer Glow in Fiji. The colour range for this foundation are not great, I have a friend who needs to mix 2 shades to get the perfect shade. I've heard that those shades with .5 are more yellow and those round numbered shades are more pink. Since this foundation has an SPF in it, probably it is not suitable if you're going to get your photograph taken.
The coverage for this is definitely medium but it is buildable. This foundation has satin matte finish which is great for those ppl with oily skin. If you're like me, I've found that this foundation works best when applied with normal foundation brush, NOT the stippling one. You have to pat the foundation into your skin as you apply it. If you stipple, it'll accentuate the dry patches of your skin. Also make sure that your skin is well moisturise prior applying the foundation. Finally, you don't need to set this foundation with powder unless you have very oily skin. By doing this, it'll gives a more natural finish just like a second skin.
Another thing about this foundation is that it doesn't transfer to your clothes. I've rubbed my face to my partner's sleeve by accident and no powdery marks left. Amazing. http://aboutagirl.onsugar.com/

21 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

I LOVE this foundation. After reading the reviews here on MUA I decided to try a sample. I have extremely tough standards. I'd rather wear nothing than compromise.
I have a very fair skintone (about NC 5 or 10 in MAC). The sales rep thought it would be unlikely that I'd wear #2 so she also gave a #4 sample but #2 was the perfect match however-very light with golden undertone. #4 seems to be closer to MAC NC15 or NW20. It is in between those two in my opinion, because it is pinker than a MAC NC but not quite as pink or red as an NW. Probably you could wear #4 if you were NC15, NC20, NW20, depending on your own preferences....
It is a very thin fluid which feels weightless! The coverage is sheer if only a little is applied, but easily covers medium if i use more. I am usually allergic to chemical sunscreen but this doesn't bother me fortunately, maybe because it's partially titanium dioxide. I have an impossible time with sunscreen for the face. I wish I could find one I wasn't either allergic to or got broken out from the pore clogging junk in it and so this foundation has made my life easier in that area since it has a 20 spf. Oh yes, and there haven't been any breakouts from this foundation and i've been using it for 2 wks about 5 days a week. usually i could tell by now if it was going to do that.
My face gets pretty oily later in the day since I live in the south during summer right now. I don't think anything in the world could stop that. The coverage holds up but i still get shiny. One thing that works wonders is Shiseido blotting papers. Check them out if you are oily, they're like a sponge and after you feel refreshed!
The cost is very expensive compared to some other foundations out there, but equal to those other designer brands like Chanel and Dior, only the Armani is way better to me. So I think it's worth it.
UPDATE: still using this 4 months later and LOVING! it is a staple in my routine. i am so dependent on this stuff, it looks amazing on, gives some sun protection, causes no breakouts...it's the best!! hope they never change it or stop making it. i just wish you could control how much comes out the pump b/c i think i need about 1 1/2 pumps worth which means i have to use 2 and i hate to waste some because it's so expensive.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by joshquinto

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. Love it better than luminous silk. Good coverage and it has SPF. When I got it, I was disappointed at the color. I thought it was too light for me. Tried it on, then after a while I was wowed by it. So natural looking, so light on your face. I did use the DIOR nude before the lasting. OMG, compare to dior, this is so much better. Dior has that cakey and heavy foundation feeling. With this on, I feel so gorgeous. I'm so glad I got this, now I am addicted the GA's make up line. I want to try all of their stuff now, but of course they are expensive, but so worth it. Compare to chanel and dior, GA's line is so much better.

I am using 6.5 in lasting silk, but i want to try number 7. Number 9 is too dark and orangy. When I mix this with luminous #9, I looked more tan. Mix it it fluid sheer #10 looks good too. It is matte foundation, which I like cuz I have T zone. Buildable and it does last longer than luminous. So easy to put it on with GA's blender brush and the result: NO streaking. So smooth and so easy. I just love this foundation. Best I have tried so far. BUY it.. TRY it...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by froggydoggie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great, i tried putting it on for a whole day and it lasted quite long. I am NC 35 - 40 and the counter person matched me to 6.5.. i think it is a bit too dark for me. I tried mixing this foundation with another one (Shiseido Dual balancing - the shade i got was too light for me)... so to make my GA lasting silk foundation lighter.. and i find it okay..

Under the sun, i look darker than my original skin color. This foundation is very matt, if you're the person looking for a mattifying foundation, this is the one. I find this too matt.. however. When i look at the pictures taken in the sun, it looks not as natural because it doesn't give you the "glow" because its "matt" so people can definitely tell that you have make up on.

It also has SPF.. which is good for the day. At night, this reflects light SO MUCH i look ghostly in photos because theres SPF. However, the coverage is very high and it does last long. I used laura mercier's translucent loose powder to set this foundation and it doesn't make my face oil.

However, I do find this too matt which doesn't really look natural on me.. It didn't really cause break-outs on me... partly because i always clean my face thoroughly before i put this on and after I get home. This is very lightweight on the skin but you can still definitely feel that you have foundation on.

It does have a pump which i like.. it is more sanitary and won't allow cross contamination.

I find it the best way to apply this foundation is with a foundation brush (ecotools)... because it absorbs less of the foundation and I used 3/4 of a pump and it's enough for my whole face. Altho it is pricey, but I think the bottle can last because you don't need much each time.

I am still deciding whether I will buy this again since I like the coverage and it doesn't give me flaky skin upon application but it is a bit pricey and contains SPF.

Pros:
very lasting and mattifying
pump
SPF for day use
doesn't give me flaky skin upon application
very easy to blend on the skin

Cons:
pricey (59 USD)
SPF which reflects light in photos ( makes me look GHOSTLY)
doesn't give you a "natural" look
too little color match
doesn't break me out

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great colour (n. 4 works very well for my NC15 complexion, even if I use LSF in n. 3). Easy to blend, not heavy/cakey, but not very moisturising (it contains ridicolous amount of alcohol and you can smell it as soon as you put the product on your skin, awful!). Not worth £32 and with the amount of alcohol is a rip off!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

Overall, like the foundation, one of the most convenience product out there with decent coverage, SPF, and easy to carry pump. Kind of expensive to repurchase though, I think my current bottle will last me a long time.

The MA color match me with 5, 5.5. and 6.5, I guess they no longer make 6?! Anyway, 6.5 is kinda dusty looking on me, 5 is a little pale, 5.5 is the closest match, still a little too pale when I put it on initially. But it blends in pretty well after about 10 min to my NC 25-30 skin.

The lasting power is not as impressive as I'd like. On my slightly oily face and super oily nose, it last about 6-8 hours the max. After that, I have to touch up. My nose, I have to pair this with a bloting powder, and continue to blot every 3-4 hours.

The coverage is medium, it covers minor acne scars, but not under eye dark circles. It does have a natural look without oily feeling, which makes it kind of nice.

Like I said though, I like the convenience of this product. Because of the pump, I can throw this in my makeup bag and not have to worry that spilling all over. And the SPF 20 is awesome. I'm not a super big fan for the smell, but I don't hate it either. I think the worse smell is Revlon's Color Stay.

Overall, I will not repurchase only because this is going to last and last. But I like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I tried the sample in 5.5. a half shade deeper than my LSF 5. But the result is fine, I dont looked too dark. However I dont think I'd purchased the full size because like the previous version MSF (discontinued) I found that the colour changes on me after 3 hours. And I think I could get similiar result from the Chanel Teint Innocence. Between the two brands I'd go for Armani but as I haven't finished my Chanel bottle, I think they are to similar to own both.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

This is a wonderful foundation if you want coverage that would be sheer to medium. And, it does last and last like the name implies.

It goes on like silk. It's creamy. You do not need a primer underneath, because of this great texture. It is not one of your foundations which is suppose to give you a glow although other posters feel misled on this point. If you want glow, look for "luminous" or "glow" etc.

If, however, you have mature skin like mine, with a few age spots, acne spot, etc. then this will not cover and you have to rely on your spot concealer.

I will continue to wear it and of course apply Laura Mercier's Translucent Powder to set it so it won't leave my t-zone with shine around mid-day.

Here's a plus. It does look absolutely Natural! And it does not pool into any pores and look like a cakey mess like EL's Doublewear! You also don't feel like your carrying a mask on your face, that if you smile, it might crack!

I will apply a little extra foundation around the couple age spots, and it will suit me just fine!

You get what you pay for! Try it! This one was #4, the 2nd lightest. The first lightest was too yellow. This color was "spot-on" for my fair complexion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No