September 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Lasting Silk UV Foundation SPF20

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great colour (n. 4 works very well for my NC15 complexion, even if I use LSF in n. 3). Easy to blend, not heavy/cakey, but not very moisturising (it contains ridicolous amount of alcohol and you can smell it as soon as you put the product on your skin, awful!). Not worth £32 and with the amount of alcohol is a rip off!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by yunnyunn

Overall, like the foundation, one of the most convenience product out there with decent coverage, SPF, and easy to carry pump. Kind of expensive to repurchase though, I think my current bottle will last me a long time.

The MA color match me with 5, 5.5. and 6.5, I guess they no longer make 6?! Anyway, 6.5 is kinda dusty looking on me, 5 is a little pale, 5.5 is the closest match, still a little too pale when I put it on initially. But it blends in pretty well after about 10 min to my NC 25-30 skin.

The lasting power is not as impressive as I'd like. On my slightly oily face and super oily nose, it last about 6-8 hours the max. After that, I have to touch up. My nose, I have to pair this with a bloting powder, and continue to blot every 3-4 hours.

The coverage is medium, it covers minor acne scars, but not under eye dark circles. It does have a natural look without oily feeling, which makes it kind of nice.

Like I said though, I like the convenience of this product. Because of the pump, I can throw this in my makeup bag and not have to worry that spilling all over. And the SPF 20 is awesome. I'm not a super big fan for the smell, but I don't hate it either. I think the worse smell is Revlon's Color Stay.

Overall, I will not repurchase only because this is going to last and last. But I like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

I tried the sample in 5.5. a half shade deeper than my LSF 5. But the result is fine, I dont looked too dark. However I dont think I'd purchased the full size because like the previous version MSF (discontinued) I found that the colour changes on me after 3 hours. And I think I could get similiar result from the Chanel Teint Innocence. Between the two brands I'd go for Armani but as I haven't finished my Chanel bottle, I think they are to similar to own both.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

This is a wonderful foundation if you want coverage that would be sheer to medium. And, it does last and last like the name implies.

It goes on like silk. It's creamy. You do not need a primer underneath, because of this great texture. It is not one of your foundations which is suppose to give you a glow although other posters feel misled on this point. If you want glow, look for "luminous" or "glow" etc.

If, however, you have mature skin like mine, with a few age spots, acne spot, etc. then this will not cover and you have to rely on your spot concealer.

I will continue to wear it and of course apply Laura Mercier's Translucent Powder to set it so it won't leave my t-zone with shine around mid-day.

Here's a plus. It does look absolutely Natural! And it does not pool into any pores and look like a cakey mess like EL's Doublewear! You also don't feel like your carrying a mask on your face, that if you smile, it might crack!

I will apply a little extra foundation around the couple age spots, and it will suit me just fine!

You get what you pay for! Try it! This one was #4, the 2nd lightest. The first lightest was too yellow. This color was "spot-on" for my fair complexion.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamond67

This foundation is the best I have ever used, I have tried so many of the high end foundations & disappointed with the finish I get. Lasting Silk gives a beautiful finish and lasts all day, no blotting or touch up's required at all. My colour is 5.5, I am a nc 25. I also set foundation with Armani Luminous silk powder. The foundation has excellent coverage but does not not look cakey at all.
I decided to write this review as I have just purchased my second bottle & never have purchased the same foundation more than once before.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Sadbh123

Wow, this is an amazing foundation !
It's sheer and very long lasting, the only foundation I have which is still lasting at the end of the day.
I use shade four , and it creates a light, silky finish .
10/10

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Really disappointed by this foundation! I thought it would be luminous silk in better but it was such a bad foundation. I talk in the past because I sold it already. The lasting power is good but nothing special, but the coverage is really poor (luminous silk covers way better) and lasting silk is not luminous at all, my skin looked dull. A big disappointment especially with the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by hunnypinky

i love everything about this foundation. Except one thing is when u take a picture it has a white cast. In pictures it makes my face lighter then my whole body color. thats the only bad thing about this foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 3:23:00 PM More reviews by catpower9

Best matte foundation that I have ever tried, This is what I wanted Makeup Forever HD foundation to be. My one gripe is that shade 4 is not a great match for my super pale skin with slight pink tones. I need a 3 in this with a slight pink tone or pure neutral light shade. The number 2 shade looks to light and way to yellow for me. I don't use MAC but I would be about a NW 20 shade.

The finish is beautiful matte but glowy at the same time. I also think this could work as great foundation for TV talent as well. I love the water like texture of this foundation. My skin does not feel like it has foundation on when I wear this. I love how this gives amazing coverage but is still weightless.

I have dry skin and use a moisturizer before I apply the foundation. I use amore pacific gel mosturizer and let it sink in for 5 minutes apply sunscreen and than Lasting Silk. I apply with a foundation brush or my fingers and get great results either way. This is a close match to real skin texture in a matte formula that I have found. I can see how dry skin people have problems using this straight out the bottle but with mostirizer it works like a dream for me. I think is the summer month this will be my day to day foundation as well. I do not use powder with this foundation.

I wish Giorgio Armani made this in more colors like Makeup Forever HD. If you can find a color match and like a matte finish you l may love this as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Ritual

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination skin, but this product is very dry, it makes my nasolabial lines awful, it dries out so quickly, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, it's so dry. Doesn't anyone think the same?
It would be great if someone uploads a video on youtube to see how's the perfect way to apply it.