September 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by slp7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG mascara. Every regular mascara I've tried always gave me raccoon eyes--even waterproof formulas. This is the first mascara I've tried that stays put all day. It is true that you can't layer it, because it dries quickly and the tubing doesn't really work with multiple layers (it will clump). But, application with a light hand does wonders, and if I get any clumping, I just separate it with a small, stiff liner brush. (I do prefer a more natural look, so if you are looking for something more dramatic, this is probably not the product for you). If I get a little on my eyelids, it comes right off with a damp q-tip.

I remove it at the end of the day with a damp cotton round, but it also comes off easily by rubbing at your lashes with water when washing your face. It isn't designed to be removed with eye makeup remover, and I've not tried that method. It is off to see bits of the tubing on your face or in the sink when removing it (rather than collecting all on a cotton round, for example), but it is just something to get used to. Also, I have been using this for about a year and have not had problems with losing eyelashes any more frequently than I did removing regular mascara.

If you are like me and regular mascaras have not worked well for you, I highly recommend that you give this a shot!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this :(
It has a very wet formula, meaning you need to take extra care when applying and wait a little longer for it to dry.
Volumises a little, but mostly it just clumps lashes together if you try to build up the coverage, which is a little lumpy from the first application.
It is not buildable.
It does not lengthen.
It would just NOT hold any kind of curl.
1 star because it doesn't smudge.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I used this product it took forever to build the right look and even then it wasnt great and it also was a very messy wet formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Alison20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara does not smudge. It will last all day. What I don't like about it is it makes your lashes stick straight. I prefer curled lashes. I find it annoying to remove this mascara at the end of the day. I won't be buying this again. The not smudging isn't a big enough draw since I don't like how my lashes look or the removal process. There are better mascaras out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by vjhornby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara if you work long hours or are travelling, as it lasts without smudging, and gives a well-groomed, more sophisticated look. If you want a more sultry, high impact look, this is not what I would choose. It is also quite fiddly and time-consuming to apply. It is very liquid and clumps my lashes unless I separate them (I use a toothpick). This has to be done before it dries, otherwise I have to remove it and start from scratch. Also, despite the name, beware of blinking before it dries, otherwise your lids will be coated! Easily removed with a cotton bud though.
In summarry, well worth the effort due to it's staying power, but not if you're in a hurry!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by xrenriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Admittedly, I ended up buying into the hype on this mascara. I was a little bit reluctant to go through with the purchase simply because of the cost... but when I got home and tried it out, it was worth it. :D

The mascara is slightly messy to apply, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a dab of water on either your finger or a Q-tip. It doesn't do too much to add volume to your lashes, but it's definitely lengthening. I didn't have any problem at all with clumps, either.

All in all, Blinc mascara is pretty awesome... it's a must-have!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this mascara as a sample and that has given me a chance to try it w/o considering price etc. It drys quickly but there is enough time to apply doing each eye separately. It does not thicken but has a natural look w/o smudging. Since I have a sample the mascara wand is short and creates problems smearing as I try to angle the brush to my outer lashes. Removing the mascara is not a problem with warm water. It does not look like plastic tubes to me but rubbery fibers and the problem starts here because that's when little specks get in your eyes. It's an interesting concept so I wish there was a maybe choice here but we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HG mascara! This is the first and only mascara I've used(and I've tried dozens of high and low end ones) that stays exactly where I put it all day and all night, until I wash it off. Absolutely no smudges, waxy raccoon eyes or wearing off before I want it to. I had all of the above problems before. It holds a curl. It doesn't flake or irritate my eyes in any way. Yes, it's slightly more difficult to apply, but it's absolutely worth it. It doesn't lengthen or thicken my lashes quite as much as some other mascaras, but at least it it still THERE init's place 3, 6, 12 hours later, and not messing up my shadow and liner! The brush is really nice, and the tube isn't annoyingly bulky like many other mascaras are so it travels well. Just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't wear mascara for years and years. I wear contacts, and have super-oily eyelids; there was NO mascara I could wear that didn't end up smeared under my lids in a big black pool within an hour or two, whether "waterproof" or "smudgeproof" or not. As for "lengthening" and "thickening", those wound up not only smearing, but breaking nasty chunks into my lenses.

This is perfection. Curl, apply, go; it lasts till I wash my face at night, no matter what I do, including exercise/sweat/cry. Granted, I am not looking for much in a mascara; I don't really want any extra length or thickness, just a little added punch. For that, this is exactly the thing.

For a while, this was unavailable in Canada, and I tried a few other tubing mascaras. None of them worked as well, and all of them seemed to have other pigment added that was not incorporated into the tubing polymer, and wound up smudging, as usual, under my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by integrated

What I don't like about it, is that is really messy to use -very fluid-and my lashes "glue" together. I have to use an eyelash comb to separate the lashes and wet q-tips to clean up the skin.
What I like is that it stays on, and it comes off when I wash my face. However I feel that I shouldn't do so much work to apply it, because of that and its price, I will not be buying it again.