December 17, 2014 | 1698 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

I was dying to try this mascara so I was very disappointed when it didn't work out for me. I can't say enough how much I hate this mascara. I paid about $24 for the tube and it did nothing for my lashes. It actually made them look shorter than they are! What mascara does that?! I put the Blinc on one eye and the Maybelline Illegal Lengths with fiber on the other eye and there was no contest. The cheap $8 mascara won hands down. Not only does the Blinc not lengthen, it doesn't add volume, and doesn't hold curl. All it does is make the lashes black and is very easy and even fun to take off. I would never repurchase this product and will probably never even use the tube I have.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by drummercc

I have medium length lashes that dont hold a curl well. this mascara is advertised to be able to do that. It doesn't hold the curl well and seems to weigh the lashes down. I luckily paid half price for it but it is expensive for the full price of $24. i think its just interesting that it comes off easily with warm water but thats probably the only good thing about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by sobrina

I have long lashes but they are stick straight. (I'm Asian). This mascara did not hold a curl at all and it didn't look like I was wearing any mascara at all. Very disappointed in this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by juiceboxjunkie

I have Asian lashes, so they are pin-straight and need heat to hold a curl. This mascara doesn't lengthen or thicken at all. It gives you a very natural look that doesn't look like you are wearing any mascara at all. Not what I like when I'm buying a high-end mascara.

The only thing I liked was that it did not smudge and removed easily with soap and water.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ambersexton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was unable to find my go to mascara, Too Faced Lash Injection Extreme Volume, so I got Blinc. I have to say as a person with serious smudging issues, this stuff is amazing. There is zero transfer of it anywhere. If that's an issue for you, even with waterproof and resistant formulas, this is for you.

Cons, I strongly dislike the brush. It takes a while to dry, which is true of other mascaras like LIEV which create tubes. It can transfer while it's wet, but cleans up when wet amazingly well. It does not build volume particularly well or respond to layering that well, it does lengthen. It's also not shiny, in fact it's very matte looking which could be either a pro or a con. But if you need something that means less transfer on your face, it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by slp7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG mascara. Every regular mascara I've tried always gave me raccoon eyes--even waterproof formulas. This is the first mascara I've tried that stays put all day. It is true that you can't layer it, because it dries quickly and the tubing doesn't really work with multiple layers (it will clump). But, application with a light hand does wonders, and if I get any clumping, I just separate it with a small, stiff liner brush. (I do prefer a more natural look, so if you are looking for something more dramatic, this is probably not the product for you). If I get a little on my eyelids, it comes right off with a damp q-tip.

I remove it at the end of the day with a damp cotton round, but it also comes off easily by rubbing at your lashes with water when washing your face. It isn't designed to be removed with eye makeup remover, and I've not tried that method. It is off to see bits of the tubing on your face or in the sink when removing it (rather than collecting all on a cotton round, for example), but it is just something to get used to. Also, I have been using this for about a year and have not had problems with losing eyelashes any more frequently than I did removing regular mascara.

If you are like me and regular mascaras have not worked well for you, I highly recommend that you give this a shot!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this :(
It has a very wet formula, meaning you need to take extra care when applying and wait a little longer for it to dry.
Volumises a little, but mostly it just clumps lashes together if you try to build up the coverage, which is a little lumpy from the first application.
It is not buildable.
It does not lengthen.
It would just NOT hold any kind of curl.
1 star because it doesn't smudge.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When I used this product it took forever to build the right look and even then it wasnt great and it also was a very messy wet formula.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Alison20

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara does not smudge. It will last all day. What I don't like about it is it makes your lashes stick straight. I prefer curled lashes. I find it annoying to remove this mascara at the end of the day. I won't be buying this again. The not smudging isn't a big enough draw since I don't like how my lashes look or the removal process. There are better mascaras out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by vjhornby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara if you work long hours or are travelling, as it lasts without smudging, and gives a well-groomed, more sophisticated look. If you want a more sultry, high impact look, this is not what I would choose. It is also quite fiddly and time-consuming to apply. It is very liquid and clumps my lashes unless I separate them (I use a toothpick). This has to be done before it dries, otherwise I have to remove it and start from scratch. Also, despite the name, beware of blinking before it dries, otherwise your lids will be coated! Easily removed with a cotton bud though.
In summarry, well worth the effort due to it's staying power, but not if you're in a hurry!