January 29, 2015 | 1959 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The positive to this mascara is that it does make my lashes look longer and fuller. The downside is that my lashes feel heavy and hard, they also instantly lose their curl. I've tried different methods of removal, but no matter how I try, I end up with fibers sticking all over my lids, undereyes and cheeks. To say it's messy is honest. The size of the wand is also problematic. I can't coat my bottom lashes without holding a piece of card between my lashes and my skin. I want to love this mascara, but the cons outweigh the positive. I look forward to trying other mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by syielmun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a makeup junkie, so I tend to try out a lot of brands. I am half Chinese and half caucasion. My holy grail mascara so far is Fiberwig. You can find it at Sephora. I need a fiber formula because I tend to get the raccoon eye from other mascaras. Blinc comes off with ease, warm water. Yet, though fiber formulas do not give much volume just length, this just didn't lengthen or even thicken like Fiberwig. In fact it reminds me of the cheaper version of L'oreals fiber formula.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was surprised at how awful this mascara is considering several celebrities use it. It's supposed to give length and hold curl but it does neither. I find it difficult to work with - the more I layer the more it seems to clump and all it does is make my lashes look darker. Even after it's dried my lashes seem to stick together because the formula is very sticky. The only good thing about it, as others have said, is it washes off wonderfully with just water. Water breaks the mascara down so the fibers stretch and literally fall off - very quick and leaves no residue behind. I just don't see the point of a mascara that just looks like my normal lashes but darker. I won't be using or buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

I was dying to try this mascara so I was very disappointed when it didn't work out for me. I can't say enough how much I hate this mascara. I paid about $24 for the tube and it did nothing for my lashes. It actually made them look shorter than they are! What mascara does that?! I put the Blinc on one eye and the Maybelline Illegal Lengths with fiber on the other eye and there was no contest. The cheap $8 mascara won hands down. Not only does the Blinc not lengthen, it doesn't add volume, and doesn't hold curl. All it does is make the lashes black and is very easy and even fun to take off. I would never repurchase this product and will probably never even use the tube I have.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by drummercc

I have medium length lashes that dont hold a curl well. this mascara is advertised to be able to do that. It doesn't hold the curl well and seems to weigh the lashes down. I luckily paid half price for it but it is expensive for the full price of $24. i think its just interesting that it comes off easily with warm water but thats probably the only good thing about it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by sobrina

I have long lashes but they are stick straight. (I'm Asian). This mascara did not hold a curl at all and it didn't look like I was wearing any mascara at all. Very disappointed in this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by juiceboxjunkie

I have Asian lashes, so they are pin-straight and need heat to hold a curl. This mascara doesn't lengthen or thicken at all. It gives you a very natural look that doesn't look like you are wearing any mascara at all. Not what I like when I'm buying a high-end mascara.

The only thing I liked was that it did not smudge and removed easily with soap and water.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ambersexton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was unable to find my go to mascara, Too Faced Lash Injection Extreme Volume, so I got Blinc. I have to say as a person with serious smudging issues, this stuff is amazing. There is zero transfer of it anywhere. If that's an issue for you, even with waterproof and resistant formulas, this is for you.

Cons, I strongly dislike the brush. It takes a while to dry, which is true of other mascaras like LIEV which create tubes. It can transfer while it's wet, but cleans up when wet amazingly well. It does not build volume particularly well or respond to layering that well, it does lengthen. It's also not shiny, in fact it's very matte looking which could be either a pro or a con. But if you need something that means less transfer on your face, it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by slp7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG mascara. Every regular mascara I've tried always gave me raccoon eyes--even waterproof formulas. This is the first mascara I've tried that stays put all day. It is true that you can't layer it, because it dries quickly and the tubing doesn't really work with multiple layers (it will clump). But, application with a light hand does wonders, and if I get any clumping, I just separate it with a small, stiff liner brush. (I do prefer a more natural look, so if you are looking for something more dramatic, this is probably not the product for you). If I get a little on my eyelids, it comes right off with a damp q-tip.

I remove it at the end of the day with a damp cotton round, but it also comes off easily by rubbing at your lashes with water when washing your face. It isn't designed to be removed with eye makeup remover, and I've not tried that method. It is off to see bits of the tubing on your face or in the sink when removing it (rather than collecting all on a cotton round, for example), but it is just something to get used to. Also, I have been using this for about a year and have not had problems with losing eyelashes any more frequently than I did removing regular mascara.

If you are like me and regular mascaras have not worked well for you, I highly recommend that you give this a shot!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Lila2004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this :(
It has a very wet formula, meaning you need to take extra care when applying and wait a little longer for it to dry.
Volumises a little, but mostly it just clumps lashes together if you try to build up the coverage, which is a little lumpy from the first application.
It is not buildable.
It does not lengthen.
It would just NOT hold any kind of curl.
1 star because it doesn't smudge.