April 16, 2014 | 1975 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't wear mascara for years and years. I wear contacts, and have super-oily eyelids; there was NO mascara I could wear that didn't end up smeared under my lids in a big black pool within an hour or two, whether "waterproof" or "smudgeproof" or not. As for "lengthening" and "thickening", those wound up not only smearing, but breaking nasty chunks into my lenses.

This is perfection. Curl, apply, go; it lasts till I wash my face at night, no matter what I do, including exercise/sweat/cry. Granted, I am not looking for much in a mascara; I don't really want any extra length or thickness, just a little added punch. For that, this is exactly the thing.

For a while, this was unavailable in Canada, and I tried a few other tubing mascaras. None of them worked as well, and all of them seemed to have other pigment added that was not incorporated into the tubing polymer, and wound up smudging, as usual, under my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by integrated

What I don't like about it, is that is really messy to use -very fluid-and my lashes "glue" together. I have to use an eyelash comb to separate the lashes and wet q-tips to clean up the skin.
What I like is that it stays on, and it comes off when I wash my face. However I feel that I shouldn't do so much work to apply it, because of that and its price, I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by KatieBatieFoFatie

This is a favorite of mine! It creates a very natural lash look which I tend to prefer, and it does not move! I can keep this on all day and for a dancer like me, it is important that a mascara doesn't budge and this one doesn't! I wish it held a curl better, but across the board with tubing mascaras, this is an issue. It's also super fun to wash off in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is hands-down my favorite mascara! No mess when removing, no smudging and no smearing. This stuff also lasts forever! I will never use another mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think the trick with this mascara is to make sure you wipe off the brush with a tissue before you let that wand anywhere near your eyes. The formula is extremely wet, and I ended up getting way too much on and it smeared everywhere. Even with wiping the brush off first, you still have to be a bit careful when applying it or you'll end up smudging it before it has a chance to dry.

This won't give you any volume, but it will lengthen and separate your lashes nicely. It's also nice not to have to struggle to get it off, although the flakes of the tubes as they come off can be a bit weird...

All in all, I wouldn't spend the money on this again, but as long as I'm stuck with it, I'm going to use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by vectress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a small blinc mascara in my october birchbox, and I was not pleased at all. It was very runny and got on my eyelids, and it took forever to dry, it also didn't do much to my eyelashes besides make them darker and glossier, it added little length and if anything minimized any natural volume I had to begin with! Thank goodness I didn't dole out $24 for the normal sized one! I assume people with natural volume who want very little change from a mascara could have a different opinion, but for me, this is a no go.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by pimenta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't like this mascara, it's so liquid and it transfers everywhere after applying it I can't even blinc for a few minutes or I'll have black dots all around my eyes. It also makes my lashes look glued together, it's only good at lengthening. If you like the concept of tube mascaras go for clinique lash power instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received this mascara as part of a sample program. I tried it almost immediately after getting it, because it just sounded so cool. Mascara that forms tubes around your lashes? Fun! Mascara that lasts until you take a shower? Even better! However, I didn't expect this mascara to have so many flaws. As someone who grew up learning to apply mascara in the car (passenger side only!), I've gotten pretty smooth at the process. But with this mascara, I was constantly ending up with huge streaks and smudges. It was just a pain to apply. And the end result really wasn't worth the hype. My lashes looked darker, but also a bit clumpy and without and volume to speak of. So no, I will not buy this product. I will continue to use my current fave, Wet N Wild's Mega Length, which is under $3 and gives me better volume despite only claiming to be a lengthening mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by manamana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product and decided to try it a few days ago. I was quite skeptical about its claims (that it is very easy to wash off with just water) and I also wasn't impressed with its packaging which looked quite tacky to me.

Nonetheless, I think this Mascara may impress some people-it just depends on what you are looking for. I personally liked that the formula was quite wet and easy to apply. This mascara does not give any volume at all, but it does provide very clear definition and I want to also say some length. I think it is great for those wanting to have a very nature look with little or no makeup. I actually enjoyed it too, although I often wear much more voluminous mascara.

I was a little weirded out by the plastic-looking appearance of my eye-lashes. They looked a lot like fake lashes to me because they were so incredibly black and shining (like plastic). I don't think it was necessarily a bad thing, but I think it would take some getting used to.

As far as removing this mascara is concerned, I honestly didn't really care. I have never been bothered by using eye make-up remover but I decided to try removing this without any. I quickly realized that it would save me a lot of trouble if I simply used the remover instead.

However, if you take a shower at night, I found that removing the mascara was possible but I don't think I would ever prefer removing it in that manner.

All in all, I really don't think it is a bad product. I will finish using my sample, but I don't plan on dishing out the money to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long lashes, so I usually go for mascara that will provide volume. This doesn't really offer too much in the volume department, but what it provides in definition and separation really does make up for it. This gives a finish that looks natural but still noticeable, which I love. The only con for me is the price, as I've never paid $25 for mascara. I'll see if my mind changes about that after I've finished my sample.