Blinc Mascara

3.5

NEW FORMULA: Water, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Butylene Glycol, Tromethamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Pentasodium Triphosphate. [May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]. OLD FORMULA (Black): Water (Aqua), Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. [May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Mica, Titanium Dioxide]

on 5/27/2012 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Really great for those who hate smudgy mascara! Gives a beautiful daytime lash without any clumping, and it's glossy and a nice wet formula. My lashes are very curly on their own so I haven't had any problems with it straightening them out.

on 5/17/2012 12:46:00 PM

Fantastic product! Works amazingly, separates lashes perfectly...

So, if I love it so much, WHY WOULDN'T I BUY IT AGAIN? Half the ingredients are pretty toxic, including two preservatives that are actually banned in cosmetics in the EU.

Literally every single ingredient aside from water brings up an increasingly concerning page on the SkinDeep database.

It's really a shame, because this is such a fantastic, fantastic, FANTASTIC true fiber mascara. UGH!

on 5/11/2012 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is very similar to the Imju Fiberwig mascaras from Japan except with less fiber particles. Their idea is to "tube" your lashes as opposed to coating them as it says on the tube container. Gives me great length but does nothing for thickening. Wore it the whole day without any smearing or raccoon eye issues. And mind you I have very oily lids. Very easy to remove - warm water works best, and it slides right off. If you like length, staying power and ease of use, go for this.

on 4/26/2012 10:53:00 PM

I wear hard contacts and because of that needed a mascara that doesn't flake and won't irritate my eyes. This isn't the one for me. I like how easy it is to remove without too much rubbing because of the tubing effect, but that's about it. Plus, no matter how long you spend curling them, your lashes will be completely straight in a split second. So if you just need a little darker color, go for it, otherwise, there are much better tubing mascara options on the market. I prefer Clinique's version.

on 4/26/2012 8:19:00 PM

I'm super picky about my mascara- I love this product! It's a tad pricey considering you should replace mascara very frequently... but this one is well worth it. It's very unique as far as texture and wear goes. It applies very smoothly and will remain wet (flexible) for a short time while you layer and shape. After it dries it stays put until you remove it. It never runs or smudges. You can even sleep wearing it and it won't smudge or cause raccoon eyes. Perfect for hot weather or long days. I wear contacts and it doesn't irritate my eyes or deposit flecks into them. So I said it stays put, right? But it's super easy to remove. When you're ready to remove the mascara the quickest and most efficient way to remove is to wet your fingers (I do it in the shower) and pinch your lashes gently for a few seconds to wet the formula again- then very gently pull off the formula- it comes right off in little strands. Takes seconds and doesn't hurt your lashes and doesn't require rubbing of tugging on your eye area. I've been using this product for over 2 years and highly recommend it!

on 4/23/2012 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Don't give up -- this is HG!!! There's a little bit of a learning curve with this mascara, but if you give it a week, you may never go back to regular mascara again.

What I love, love, love is the fact that I can wear this for 12 hours and not have a single smudge anywhere. I can rub my eyes, get a sweaty workout, take a nap, work long hours, etc., and it never rubs off -- not even a little bit. That's why I can't go back. I used to always have a smudge of black around my lower lashes. This is going to be great on long airplane rides.

I've been using it for 7 days, and I've figured out how to get a long, but natural look or a heavier more dramatic look. (Some say it doesn't add length or volume, but I promise you it does -- you can't even see my lashes without mascara.) I was a Dior Show fan but no more.

The secret for putting this on is don't let it dry between coats. Do one eye at a time and build the look you want all at once while it's still wet. Either do a quick sweep for a natural look, or keep adding mascara until you get the drama you want, then move on to the other eye. Once it dries, it's just going to look clumpy if you go back and add a second coat. You will get a good look. Curl your lashes first, and it will hold the curl. If you make a mistake, a damp Q-tip will fix it.

Taking it off is much easier than I originally thought. At first I was messing around with cotton balls, but it's totally unnecessary. I just wash my face as normal, and with my lashes good and wet, I use a very light touch with my fingers and the tubes just peel right off. It's so different than the smeary raccoon eye thing that happens with other mascara. I haven't seen any lashes come out, in fact I feel that this is healthier because my lashes are actually softer, rather than being brittle from being painted with normal mascara.

I love having my eye area clean and clear. Not only did I order a full size tube of Blinc, but I ordered the Blinc eyeliner as well and will review that in a week or two after I get it. -- P.S. The Blinc primer is awesome! It will give you even longer lashes.

on 4/18/2012 1:20:00 AM

I got a sample a blinc mascara in my birchbox samples. All I have to say is wow!!! I have used Dioshow for years and it was such a waste of money considering it would dry up half way through the tube. Blinc does not give great volume but I think it does give you length and does not clump. if you already have long lashes and want something smudge proof this is definitely worth trying!

on 4/17/2012 12:20:00 PM

Okay - this is for those of us who want a general mascara that WILL NOT SMEAR or CRUMBLE and mainly want to be certain that lashes are coated - not magnified - this works beautifully. If you happen to get it on your lids, etc, while applying, you just wipe off with water.Otherwise, you just wash it off at the end of the day.

It won't make lashes look longer and/or thicker. It does seem to resist curling. It also does feel a bit stiff - and it has happened that a little tubelet has fallen into my eye. You cannot reapply more without washing off the original mascara - and any eye or foundation creams. But it lasts - e.g., I have worn it for a full day of golf, and it is still there - not on my undereye area ( making me look 20 years older) when I'm done.

The only other mascara I really like is Shu Uemera, which somehow stays on and doesn't irritate and washes off. But is even more expensive and only available online here in the US.

on 4/13/2012 8:00:00 PM

The positive to this mascara is that it does make my lashes look longer and fuller. The downside is that my lashes feel heavy and hard, they also instantly lose their curl. I've tried different methods of removal, but no matter how I try, I end up with fibers sticking all over my lids, undereyes and cheeks. To say it's messy is honest. The size of the wand is also problematic. I can't coat my bottom lashes without holding a piece of card between my lashes and my skin. I want to love this mascara, but the cons outweigh the positive. I look forward to trying other mascaras.

on 4/12/2012 3:56:00 PM

I am a makeup junkie, so I tend to try out a lot of brands. I am half Chinese and half caucasion. My holy grail mascara so far is Fiberwig. You can find it at Sephora. I need a fiber formula because I tend to get the raccoon eye from other mascaras. Blinc comes off with ease, warm water. Yet, though fiber formulas do not give much volume just length, this just didn't lengthen or even thicken like Fiberwig. In fact it reminds me of the cheaper version of L'oreals fiber formula.

Popular Mascaras