July 24, 2014 | 1942 users online

Mascara - Blinc Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by vjhornby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara if you work long hours or are travelling, as it lasts without smudging, and gives a well-groomed, more sophisticated look. If you want a more sultry, high impact look, this is not what I would choose. It is also quite fiddly and time-consuming to apply. It is very liquid and clumps my lashes unless I separate them (I use a toothpick). This has to be done before it dries, otherwise I have to remove it and start from scratch. Also, despite the name, beware of blinking before it dries, otherwise your lids will be coated! Easily removed with a cotton bud though.
In summarry, well worth the effort due to it's staying power, but not if you're in a hurry!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by xrenriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Admittedly, I ended up buying into the hype on this mascara. I was a little bit reluctant to go through with the purchase simply because of the cost... but when I got home and tried it out, it was worth it. :D

The mascara is slightly messy to apply, but it's nothing that can't be fixed with a dab of water on either your finger or a Q-tip. It doesn't do too much to add volume to your lashes, but it's definitely lengthening. I didn't have any problem at all with clumps, either.

All in all, Blinc mascara is pretty awesome... it's a must-have!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received this mascara as a sample and that has given me a chance to try it w/o considering price etc. It drys quickly but there is enough time to apply doing each eye separately. It does not thicken but has a natural look w/o smudging. Since I have a sample the mascara wand is short and creates problems smearing as I try to angle the brush to my outer lashes. Removing the mascara is not a problem with warm water. It does not look like plastic tubes to me but rubbery fibers and the problem starts here because that's when little specks get in your eyes. It's an interesting concept so I wish there was a maybe choice here but we'll see.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HG mascara! This is the first and only mascara I've used(and I've tried dozens of high and low end ones) that stays exactly where I put it all day and all night, until I wash it off. Absolutely no smudges, waxy raccoon eyes or wearing off before I want it to. I had all of the above problems before. It holds a curl. It doesn't flake or irritate my eyes in any way. Yes, it's slightly more difficult to apply, but it's absolutely worth it. It doesn't lengthen or thicken my lashes quite as much as some other mascaras, but at least it it still THERE init's place 3, 6, 12 hours later, and not messing up my shadow and liner! The brush is really nice, and the tube isn't annoyingly bulky like many other mascaras are so it travels well. Just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by windkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't wear mascara for years and years. I wear contacts, and have super-oily eyelids; there was NO mascara I could wear that didn't end up smeared under my lids in a big black pool within an hour or two, whether "waterproof" or "smudgeproof" or not. As for "lengthening" and "thickening", those wound up not only smearing, but breaking nasty chunks into my lenses.

This is perfection. Curl, apply, go; it lasts till I wash my face at night, no matter what I do, including exercise/sweat/cry. Granted, I am not looking for much in a mascara; I don't really want any extra length or thickness, just a little added punch. For that, this is exactly the thing.

For a while, this was unavailable in Canada, and I tried a few other tubing mascaras. None of them worked as well, and all of them seemed to have other pigment added that was not incorporated into the tubing polymer, and wound up smudging, as usual, under my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by integrated

What I don't like about it, is that is really messy to use -very fluid-and my lashes "glue" together. I have to use an eyelash comb to separate the lashes and wet q-tips to clean up the skin.
What I like is that it stays on, and it comes off when I wash my face. However I feel that I shouldn't do so much work to apply it, because of that and its price, I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by KatieBatieFoFatie

This is a favorite of mine! It creates a very natural lash look which I tend to prefer, and it does not move! I can keep this on all day and for a dancer like me, it is important that a mascara doesn't budge and this one doesn't! I wish it held a curl better, but across the board with tubing mascaras, this is an issue. It's also super fun to wash off in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is hands-down my favorite mascara! No mess when removing, no smudging and no smearing. This stuff also lasts forever! I will never use another mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think the trick with this mascara is to make sure you wipe off the brush with a tissue before you let that wand anywhere near your eyes. The formula is extremely wet, and I ended up getting way too much on and it smeared everywhere. Even with wiping the brush off first, you still have to be a bit careful when applying it or you'll end up smudging it before it has a chance to dry.

This won't give you any volume, but it will lengthen and separate your lashes nicely. It's also nice not to have to struggle to get it off, although the flakes of the tubes as they come off can be a bit weird...

All in all, I wouldn't spend the money on this again, but as long as I'm stuck with it, I'm going to use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by vectress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a small blinc mascara in my october birchbox, and I was not pleased at all. It was very runny and got on my eyelids, and it took forever to dry, it also didn't do much to my eyelashes besides make them darker and glossier, it added little length and if anything minimized any natural volume I had to begin with! Thank goodness I didn't dole out $24 for the normal sized one! I assume people with natural volume who want very little change from a mascara could have a different opinion, but for me, this is a no go.