April 20, 2014 | 929 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super+ BB Cream Gold Label

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by madridsan

Before I purchased this product, I did as much research as I possibly could. After using this product for almost a year now, I can say that it does not work so well on my skin. I have combination skin, more dry than oily. I have used this product in the summer and it would feel like it's melting off my face. After 2 hours tops, it would start to disappear off my skin. I have used it alone without setting it with powder and with powder. Both ways does not keep this product on my face. It also feels like it tightens my skin but the sensation feels very uncomfortable. I have used it in the winter too and it doesn't melt but the tightening sensation is uncomfortable and the product still disappears after 2 hours. Eventually I bought the pink bottle of this same brand too. Both don't work well for me. I wouldn't recommend this product unless you can get a sample to try first. I am still looking for a BB cream that would work for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by nanadiaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did quite a bit of researching before purchasing this product. I am absolutely in love with it. The product is extremely affordable! Though I wish the packaging was a little different. If I were to put it in my makeup bag I would be afraid it would accidentally spill since there is no LOCK for the bottle. For a BB cream it is light coverage but of course build-able. Since I did purchase this during winter, I won't be using it much until summer comes around. I would use it during summer because of how light-weight it is. Overall I recommend to anyone who doesn't mind the dewy look. That's what I aim for in a BBcream/foundation--dewy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

This is one of the first beauty products I ever ran out of and took apart to get the last little bits. This is the first BB cream I have used and I have to say I am hooked. I have used several tinted moisturizers, PF Healthy Wear and Sonia Kashuk, & Paula's Choice Matte were some of my favorites. The Healthy Wear was my favorite due to the higher SPF but it just never was a great color match. I love the Skin79 because it adjusts better to my skin tone. I just add a dusting of Lucy Mineral's OCC powder and I am good to go with great looking skin.

After running out of this I decided to give the Pink label a try. From what I can see is that the Gold label seems to have more coverage and is thicker. I didn't need a whole lot to cover my face. The Pink is just a little sheerer but I use a little more so I feel I am getting just a little bit more moisture. For me, I think Pink is perfect for summer and Gold is better suited for winter.

I also found out that if you push the nozzle that dispenses the product up, it removes the inner canister and the lid can pop off. That's how I got about another week out of an empty container. You can also see how much is left. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by serenitative

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This was the third or fourth Korean BB cream I've tried and between this and my Missha Perfect Cover, I'm set. It's creamy, hydrating and the coverage is medium, I'd say. I can see why this is one of the most popular BB creams. It's lightened my acne scars and I don't need to use anywhere near as much concealer as what I would usually. The colour oxidises to a natural shade on me, I'm roughly NC20. I'd rate the longevity approximately 6-8 hours, I prime and moisturise first. It works really well for me and I'd strongly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by TPan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did quite abit of research before buying this cream. Although it pumps out grey it oxidises to a perfect colour match. I find this cream really soothing. It contains arbutin and it has lightened my complexion over a couple of weeks so I can't use it daily now as I've already had to buy a lighter foundation. I use it as a moisturizer when I'm at home and I'm almost finished with my second buy. I'll definitely buy again. I recommended this to a few friends, all with different skin types and they all like it and have repurchased. Excellent packaging.
Update 13 May 2013: I've purchased this product for the third or fourth time, I forget. It calms and soothes my skin when I feel it's dry or irritated. Doesn't sink into lines around the eyes. The more I use it the more I love it. I do not need to use powder with this product. Stays fresh and in place for the whole day in hot and humid weather. I don't need to touch up at all.
12 July 2013: I hardly use my Lancome or Healthy Mix foundation. I'm always reaching for this bb cream. It has lightened pigmentation and I love how my naked skin feels and looks after cleansing it off, this bb is nourishing and brightening my skin. I bumped into two friends I recommended this bb to, both dark brown complexion, one HAD acne problems so used Hot Pink, and they both look amazing, gorgeous skin yayyy!

Some of the YouTube "gurus" say bb creams are just tinted moisturizers. They just haven't tried this brand yet or the other famous Korean BBs

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by cli523

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product! It's my go-to BB cream, and I use everyday in place of foundation. It starts out a little bit grey but it oxidizes to match my skin tone perfectly (I'm an Asian NC25). The coverage is somewhat sheer; if you want full coverage then this product is not for you. But if you are fine with about 75% coverage, then this is great--it gives a dewy glow and does not look or feel heavy on the skin. Just be careful when buying, though--make sure it's authentic first.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit: I find that this works best for me in the winters as that's when I'm lightest. It's too light for me during the summers for NC35, as the oxidization seems longer when I'm darker... how odd.

I'm a NC30-35. I was wary on buying this because many have said that this works best with those NC20-25, and being NC30 or darker will be "pushing" it. However, I found that once it oxidized it was fine. It took about 15 minutes to seem to oxidize to my color.

The grey cast works well on neutralizing the yellow and red undertones of my skin! I love this, as I've had a problem with a red face all my life and it can get embarrassing when people say I'm red as a tomato for just laughing a bit.

Coverage is great. It does not look like you have something caked on your face and it looks VERY natural, yet it conceals your pores and little flaws. Light coverage, but very buildable. I use extra bb cream and concealer in areas that need additional concealing.

Other benefits, such as SPF, has gotten me loving this as well.

The only con I can see about this product is the fact that this is NOT made for dry/combination skin. I read on the official website chart that the Gold fits dry/combo skin... it does NOT. I must moisturize thoroughly before putting it on as it isn't as moisturizing as it claims to be. I also feel my skin getting tight and it feels dry after applying this product on. Unlike other reviewers, I DO feel like there is something on my face despite the light coverage it gives.

I find that it got pretty oily after 3-4 hours of wear and had to start blotting even with setting powder. Still, I like it overall for the benfits of SPF and its claim to even out skin tone.

I would buy again if I could find it at a decent price in America, but I only use during winters.

The only thing buyers must be wary of is counterfeit products, especially on eBay! The official website might be a little pricey but guarantees authenticity whereas eBay sellers do not. Do research before buying it elsewhere for cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by emcheung

I did a lot of research before purchasing this bb cream including watching YouTube videos and reading reviews online, on amazon, and of course on makeup alley. I decided to try an Asian bb cream over an American based bb cream because there seemed to be more healthy skin benefits with Asian creams as compared to American creams. the price was also appealing because it wasn't the most expensive of creams and also not the cheapest. I wear foundation on a regular basis for work, but on the weekend I try not to wear makeup especially when I'm laying around the house. I was looking for something I can slap on quickly and didn't feel like I was wearing a mask all day but was still able to even out my skin tone. Overall I like this bb cream, but I'm still searching for a better one. It is much lighter coverage than a foundation. Meaning I can't get away with not wearing a concealer when wearing the bb cream whereas if I wear a fuller coverage foundation I can get away with not using concealer. The bb cream doesn't hide all the redness around my nose, chin, and forehead which I expected it to do. The consistency is thicker and smooths on like a moisturizer. There is a smell to it that takes awhile to dissipate when it's on your face. Overall I would recommend this to people who are looking for some health benefits for your skin, don't mind the lighter coverage or using a concealer with it, and are looking for a more natural looking makeup. I was also thinking of buying the pink label, but bought the gold one first because it was said to be more moisturizing for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by violetbutterfly1629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this BB cream! It covers pretty well, but it is a little sheer. I didn't have any problems with it and I didn't break out. It is a little too pale for me, but a lot of BB creams are. I just use a little powder to bring some color back into my skin and/or use bronzer.

It is a little pricey, but I think it's worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Lunamarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried the sister item of this product (Skin 79, Pink bottle)

The difference I have noticed in the product is.

Pink bottle
-Color is darker
-Better for summer
-Smell isn't as potent

Gold bottle
-Color is a tad bit lighter
-Awesome for dry harsh winters (I have VERY oily skin)
-Smell is very noticeable

Pros
-Light everyday makeup, results will give you a "au naturel" look, blush and contouring goes a long way
-Smooths out skin texture (my grandmother wore it once and she looked gorgeous)
-Cheap and affordable, buy the product off of ebay from Ruby ($20)
-It does help with redness and acne prone skin..ONLY up to a certain point

Cons
-Skin can adapt to the product, and cause severe breakouts
-The bottles aren't clear, can not detect when product is low
-Buying online = High chances of getting a fake product. (Strongly advise to purchase from Skin79's Website)