September 19, 2014 | 1547 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 11:27:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

this shows up as a pinkish glow on my NC20 skin tone. it is not as pigmented as other MSF, but i use this as a set powder to give my face an over all glow. or use it as a subtle blush. i don't use it as a highlighter though. finding pink highlight is a bit wierd on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this MSF. It gives my skin a really natural glow and it's very easy to blend. I usually apply this with a fan brush to my cheekbones, nose, and lightly to my forehead. Excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love all of the MSFs from MAC. They are very versitle and make skin glow and generally look amazing on everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by xstephanieex33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omg, I love this MSF! This is the second one that I've ever owned and I'm so happy I picked this one up when I went to my MAC counter the other day. Originally I was using Gold Spill (MSF) as my highlighter, but it was a little too bronzy looking on my skin for everyday use. When the girl put Perfect Topping on me I instantly fell in love! It's the perfect amount of shimmer & instantly brightened up my face. I don't really see any color on me when I put it on, but that's ok, it's perfect the way it is :)

This very well may be my HG highlighter!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Sakurazukamori

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

"OMG, this IS beautiful". That was my thought when I opened the package and finally saw it live.
    I like it very very much, I only wish it had some more color to it and not only the glow. I also did not realize the lavender veining showing in my skin, it always go kind of golden or pearl like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this on an exchange because the one I had before was a) too dark and b) the glitter was not fine enough. Perfect Topping is indeed a perfect topping for my NC/W 15 skin. It is a neutral MSF and thus works perfectly on my neutral skin, unlike the last one I has which was too bronzey.

The colours have already been described, and I think what gets everyone's attention, deservedly, is the lavender veining.It really does brighten up the complexion, while still melding into your skin.

I apply this after foundation and concealer, dusting all over my face and buffing where needed. Because the shimmer in this is so much finer, it does not take as much buffing as other MSF's. This gives me an all-over glowy finish, similar to pearls, but easier, I use a big, fluffy face & body powder brush. I tried a Kabuki brush, but it deposited too much in one place, none in others. A blush brush was just too time consuming.

I am not big on the packaging and am constantly afraid that I am going to drop it from my small hands. I wish it was in something more jar-like and manageable. Other than that, and the cost, and the fact that it's LE, no complaints!

EDIT. MAY 23/09. I went in today and bought a back up. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

** Click for pic ** >>
    MAC Perfect Topping MSF is such a gorgeous powder that instantly brightens up and adds such a healthy glow to your face. Even though I picked up one without much lavender veining, it distributes the perfect amount of soft lavender pink flush on my cheeks. There is this gorgeous fine, golden shimmer throughout and once on your skin, it provides this amazingly soft sheen. It instantly illuminates the skin without looking greasy or oily. Just a warm, soft glow. I really didn't expect much, if any, colour against my NC40 skin tone, but I was pleasantly surprised by the healthy peachy pink flush. The golden cream and soft peach veining provides the perfect highlight colour. This, and Refined, are my first MSF's, so I can't compare the texture to other ones released previously. But I can say that these have such a buttery smooth consistency and blend like a dream. I absolutely adore the two MSF's in the Sugarsweet Collection and I love the way Perfect Topping adds this gorgeous flush of soft peachy pink with a glowing sheen.
    continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by yourprincessleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolutely beautiful highlighter, no color to this one on my fair skin, just a natural glow, despite the peach, lavender, and pink swirls. it is NOT pigmented so if you are hoping for color, or a blush you will probably be disappointed. what i love about PT is that i can use this all over my face as a finishing powder, whereas w/ most other highlighters i cannot since they are too shimmery (and i have all the major ones i think, softlights, becca psp, stila, etc). this one is just very subtle and beautiful. if you're looking for a cheaper version of becca psp, i'd try this first. also- for whatever reason this rang up 24.50 at my macys (im in the northeast) so try getting it there first if you can. im considering buying a backup of this and i NEVER buy backups.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW. What a difference "Perfect Topping" makes on my complexion! I was hesitant about buying it because I have a problem with shimmer enhancing my pores, but it didn't do it, it provided a "glow" to my skin. My makeup artist friend who saw it on me said it makes me look fresh and all the difference in the world. It's a beige/pink/lilac/white swirl that is great on its own or a highlighter. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by swimmingjuxteyes

Perfect Topping is the perfect highlighter. It adds the nicest sheen on top of any blush. It can also make a very subtle blush. I use it on a day where I am going for a low key look but still want my face to have more than a matte look.

If you look at this MSF is has a mosaic of lavendar, soft pink, white gold, gold taupe and a soft coral color. All of them combined make a soft pink highlighter.

As many have mentioned before it has a sheen instead of a bunch of glitter. :)