Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick (all colors)

3.0

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methicone, Sorbic Acid. May Conatain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oixdes (Ci 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 6 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Yellow 6 (Ci 15985), Carmine (Ci 75470).

A 2-Rating for the colour choice and chic packaging. A 1-Rating for the fact that the tube colour does NOT correspond with how it looks on your lips, even allowing for the necessary shade adjustment!
I had great hopes for this product but was severely disappointed. It lasts all right, but I hated it so much that I didn't want it to! My lips puckered with the dryness. Color Stay manages the rare and horrible feat of being dry yet sticky at the same time.

And I ONLY wear Matte, Demi & Semi-Matte lipsticks.

Here's what doesn't work:

~ It's dry to the point of being parched and I tried it the right way with plenty of moisturising lip balm before application.

~ It does NOT wear off evenly.

~ You have to literally scrub your lips to remove it all. (It's a terrific lip exfoliator, all right!)

I'll bet dollars to drakes the paid Revlon spokeswomen do NOT wear this daily. Sub-par product, Revlon!
Keep the superb Revlon Matte lipstick range and re-formulate this awful line.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was lured by the pretty packaging, and the colors. I bought Prized Peach and while it's a very flattering color for my skin tone, the stuff smells awful. It has a putrid chemical scent which I can not get over. Because of the price I paid (10 bucks) I feel awful for wasting it, so I'm going to try to get my money's worth and wear it with lip balm as many of you have suggested. But I will not be purchasing this again.

Wish I came here first before buying!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This thing is dry, that's correct, but I'm amazed of how long it lasts even with drinking, eating, and teeth brushing. I don't need to reapply it at all, and to calm the dryness, I just use lip balm, and I also apply it with my fingers, not too many product, and still works perfectly.

I can't honestly give this a true review of whether or not it's long lasting.. This stuff smelled so disgusting.. I couldn't leave it on my lips for more that 15mins without becoming nauseated.

I actually LOVE this lipstick for days when I KNOW Im going to have a full day at the salon and want something to last. I have not picked up another color yet, but currently own Stellar Sunrise and LOVE it!
It lasts forever on me, and the color stays nice.
I will however say it is DRYING! But not to the point where i wouldnt wear it again. typically the nights after i wear this i use a SUPER moisturizing lip balm.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

DONT even bother with this. Worst lipstick ever. It looks pretty, but feels disgusting on the lips and just feel like this nasty sticky stuff.

This is definitely a love it or hate it product. I like it. I have it in Supreme Sienna and a pinkish shade the name of which I forget.

I make sure I put a good bit of lip balm before this. Then I smooth a THIN layer of this on top. This method is better than using lipgloss on because lipgloss just defeats the 'long lasting' purpose. If I need to "refresh" this, I re-apply lip balm and re-apply a thin layer of this. So far, it's always worked for me.

It also works fabulously as a "primer" for lipstick (in the same, or almost same shade, of course). I have a lipstick very similar to the Supreme Sienna shade, and when I combine the two, I get VERY long-lasting lip color. I'm thinking of buying a red shade to wear underneath my red lipsticks. Again, the secret is not to over-apply. That makes it clumpy and dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I didn't check the reviews first...I was lured by the packaging and beautiful colors. whoever said it feels like superglue on your lips is right. I have put a gloss over it to make it bearable but my lips feel so gross with this stuff on.

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this product, but I happen to love it! I have this in "Platinum Petal" and it's fantastic. While it is a bit drying, I put on Rimmel London's gloos over it and it rehydrates my lips. The color is very long-lasting and I have gotten many compliments! The only complaint I have is the difficulty of applying this without a mirror. I have to excuse myself from class if I want to reapply this throughout the day because if you're not looking, it might go outside of your lips and become a mess. But I barely ever have to reapply it :)

Awful..painful..drying..Oh how I wish I had checked the reviews here on MA and Paula Begoun's review prior to wasting my time and money on this product. I was lured in by the beautiful array of color..I mean gorgeous reds, so perfect for the holiday season. And at first, I was pleased with the results. I purchased Regal Rose. It dries to a matte finish so I topped it off with a Covergirl Shineblast gloss. The product claims to last for 12 hrs..not even close. Within a few hours, the color washed out and my lips felt so dry..they hurt. In fact, they still don't feel the same. Stay far away from this product unless you are a fan of dry, irritated lips.

Recommended for Medium Skin