Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 11/1/2013 2:25:00 PM

I really hate this cream.. if you can call it a cream, with its weird consistency. It's like a hard cream in the jar and then it sort of melts into a weird, watery consistency on the skin. Then it just sort of sits on top of my skin and doesn't absorb or moisturize. I actually find this really drying. And I hate the smell. It smells like the bitter orange scent that gets on your hand after peeling an orange, plus some vinegar. Awful.

This doesn't do anything good for my skin, other than make me get dry patches and angry red blotches, and the smell is terrible.

on 10/24/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a gift. It doesn't break me out (I'm super sensitive) and I don't have a problem with absorption (I use a clarisonic).. However, I use natural aloe vera as the last step in my skin are routine and mixed with this it smells FISHY. It goes away after absorbed, but it's funky until then. I wouldn't recommend this. There are better moisturizers at more reasonable prices. I didn't purchase mine, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 10/18/2013 1:26:00 AM

This product was terrible. Firstly, the packaging is not the most sanitary since you have to stick your finger in. Next, this moisturizer smells appalling and very bothersome. Thirdly, this moisturizer does NOT sink into my skin. It just sits on my skin and so, if someone wanted to give me a peck on the cheek, or if I needed to touch my face for some reason, I would feel the stickiness of the moisturizer. It doesn't moisturize at all. Overall, this was more of a jar of hopelessness.

on 10/16/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

No hope for me. Nothing really works on all skin types, in my experience and this made me break out. I have fine lines, but I'm afraid it's going to have to be a, "laser." This was especially bad for acne in my T zone and right cheek. I tried it at different times of the month, on a box, with a fox, you get the idea. I personally, don't believe in purging. I've been trying to purge since my teens and there is no purging here. Just bigger and smaller zits.

I am a cosmetic formulator, although I'm into an art business now. I do formulate for me. I don't do creams. This was my last hope, no pun intended, and it's just not gonna happen for me and cream. Even Hope in a Jar. I really wanted to love it.

I gave it to my sister who raves. So, it's not all bad.

on 10/16/2013 1:01:00 PM

This is my HG. But I do have watery eyes after applied this cream. And the product went bad or less effective very quickly after opened, probably less than 2 month.

on 10/15/2013 6:08:00 PM

I didn't like this at all, only provided about 15 minutes of moisture then dried my skin worse than before I applied it.

on 10/14/2013 5:19:00 PM

I've been using this product for about a month now. I have mostly "normal" skin, not too dry, not too oily. I've been experiencing some eczema along my chin area and I'm somewhat acne-prone. I use it as my morning moisturizer and typically this works pretty well for me. I haven't broken out as much, and my skin feels sufficiently hydrated until I wash it again. The only real downside for me is the smell. I, myself, don't mind the smell (I like it, it's nothing special)...but my boyfriend hates it. He actually asked me to stop wearing it around him. All in all, I believe it's worth trying (or Sam

on 10/11/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got this in a kit (otherwise I would have returned it) having oily skin leaves my skin moisturized without feeling greasy or heavy but the smell of this cream is terrible, the smell decreases as you wear it on your face but never completely goes away...skip it unless you can deal with stinky-ness. I was determined to use it at night before I go to sleep (to use it up) but I can't...ewww

on 10/10/2013 11:21:00 PM

In case you're thinking of purchasing this cream and reading these reviews while wondering if some are exaggerated, I have news for you - they're not exaggerated at all. This cream is terrible. It smells strongly of hair dye and does not moisturize AT ALL. I seldom return beauty products to the store, but I did return this one. Ew.

on 10/4/2013 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was on vacation not too long ago and my friend had this moisturizer. She kept talking about how great it was so I decided to try hers out a few times. I used it under my makeup and everything was fine--I don't remember any horrible smell and mixed with my foundation it had a nice finish. About an hour later, my face and neck started itching like crazy. I just thought maybe it was irritated or something. The next day I used the moisturizer like before, and again, my face and neck were itching so bad. That moisturizer was the only thing new I was using and I soon realized that it was the source of my problem. And let me just say that I can put pretty much anything on my face and I will not have a reaction to it. This moisturizer is the only product I have EVER used that caused such a reaction. I don't know what it is, but there is something in there that my body just doesn't like. I'm really glad the price made me hesitant to purchase the moisturizer before I tried it because I would have been very disappointed!

Popular Moisturizers