Philosophy Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

2.8

Water (Aqua), Lauryl Lactate, Behenic Acid, behenoxy Dimethicone, Glyceryl stearate Se, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Stearic Acid, Panthenol, Beta Glucan, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea

on 11/7/2013 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Ugggghhhhh=\ I love this, and even grew accustomed to the smell & currently love it. It's sooooo whipped and creamy, a little goes a long way... And within minutes your face feels refreshed, and still clean..... I want to love it more & more, but the price is a little too much for me to be splurging on it. So I purchase the smaller tubs..... If it was a little easier on my pocket, I would make this my every day and night staple in my regime. However, I've been using clean & clears moisture gel and just using hope when I need a little boost. Four lippies just for the price! I understand that the product is great, but it's not $60 a pop type of amazing.

on 11/4/2013 10:49:00 PM

Just like the previous reviewer, I got this at the base exchange (only I got mine at the Air Force Exchange) and it is a dream to own! I was so glad to see they started carrying it because we can get it at a pretty great price. I love what this has done for my skin! It feels so smooth and does not break me out. It truly is hope in a jar!

on 11/4/2013 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I finally gave in to my curiosity and bought Hope in a Jar moisturizer. I got a good deal on it at the Army Exchange since the price is lower and you pay no sales tax. I began using it almost 2 weeks ago and it has made my skin feel like a baby's bottom. I have very few wrinkles, even though I am a 60 year old African American grandmother. My skin is slightly oily on my forehead and T-zone. However, my skin tends to be drier in the fall and winter months. So, I wanted a lightweight moisturizer that I could wear day and night. I use it over my nightly serum and I have been getting compliments regarding my skin having a glow. I mix the Hope in a Jar with my liquid foundation during the day and it gives me a dewy, glowing complexion. I wished I had tried this years ago. It will be a permanent part of my skin treatment regimen.

on 11/1/2013 2:25:00 PM

I really hate this cream.. if you can call it a cream, with its weird consistency. It's like a hard cream in the jar and then it sort of melts into a weird, watery consistency on the skin. Then it just sort of sits on top of my skin and doesn't absorb or moisturize. I actually find this really drying. And I hate the smell. It smells like the bitter orange scent that gets on your hand after peeling an orange, plus some vinegar. Awful.

This doesn't do anything good for my skin, other than make me get dry patches and angry red blotches, and the smell is terrible.

on 10/24/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a gift. It doesn't break me out (I'm super sensitive) and I don't have a problem with absorption (I use a clarisonic).. However, I use natural aloe vera as the last step in my skin are routine and mixed with this it smells FISHY. It goes away after absorbed, but it's funky until then. I wouldn't recommend this. There are better moisturizers at more reasonable prices. I didn't purchase mine, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 10/18/2013 1:26:00 AM

This product was terrible. Firstly, the packaging is not the most sanitary since you have to stick your finger in. Next, this moisturizer smells appalling and very bothersome. Thirdly, this moisturizer does NOT sink into my skin. It just sits on my skin and so, if someone wanted to give me a peck on the cheek, or if I needed to touch my face for some reason, I would feel the stickiness of the moisturizer. It doesn't moisturize at all. Overall, this was more of a jar of hopelessness.

on 10/16/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

No hope for me. Nothing really works on all skin types, in my experience and this made me break out. I have fine lines, but I'm afraid it's going to have to be a, "laser." This was especially bad for acne in my T zone and right cheek. I tried it at different times of the month, on a box, with a fox, you get the idea. I personally, don't believe in purging. I've been trying to purge since my teens and there is no purging here. Just bigger and smaller zits.

I am a cosmetic formulator, although I'm into an art business now. I do formulate for me. I don't do creams. This was my last hope, no pun intended, and it's just not gonna happen for me and cream. Even Hope in a Jar. I really wanted to love it.

I gave it to my sister who raves. So, it's not all bad.

on 10/16/2013 1:01:00 PM

This is my HG. But I do have watery eyes after applied this cream. And the product went bad or less effective very quickly after opened, probably less than 2 month.

on 10/15/2013 6:08:00 PM

I didn't like this at all, only provided about 15 minutes of moisture then dried my skin worse than before I applied it.

on 10/14/2013 5:19:00 PM

I've been using this product for about a month now. I have mostly "normal" skin, not too dry, not too oily. I've been experiencing some eczema along my chin area and I'm somewhat acne-prone. I use it as my morning moisturizer and typically this works pretty well for me. I haven't broken out as much, and my skin feels sufficiently hydrated until I wash it again. The only real downside for me is the smell. I, myself, don't mind the smell (I like it, it's nothing special)...but my boyfriend hates it. He actually asked me to stop wearing it around him. All in all, I believe it's worth trying (or Sam