November 25, 2014 | 1853 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Sculpt [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by cellipuzzle

This is very similar to the MAC Studio Finish, only it contains no SPF. This is a rather heavy and opaque concealer that covers up undereye circles well, but doesn't do too well over blemishes - it tends to slip and slide on my greasy skin. It might just be the consistency of the product, although certain liquid concealers tend to do the same. It darkens as my skin accumulates oil, which certainly does not help to create an even, matte surface. It takes a lot of blending to look natural. I'll be trying different applications to try find the best way - right now, I'm just patting it on with a small brush and then swirling it to smooth out the edges.

While it does help cover blemishes, its staying power is not that great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Ksarah393

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic concealer. It is not to heavy, due to its consistency which is very gel like and light but also moisturizing, but it covers my blemishes very well! I think this product is a great value because so little goes a long way and it just feels nice to apply!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer. It is okay for my under eyes, but i prefer a more liquidy concealer. I have lost of post spot redmarks and this concealer just doesn't cover them. When I put it on, I can still see the redness through the concealer and it does not last all day. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

This took me a whole 20 mins to open it. It was HARD for me to open it, i don't know if its hard to open or it was just my jar. Anyways the product itself was horrible. It was creamier than MAC studio finish concealer but less coverage. However the only reason i didn't like this product because it made my undereyes look extremely ashy. Also, lasting power SUCKS. I just couldn't tolerate it and then i returned it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by chicklicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm using an NW25 shade for this concealer (I'm NC35 usually) and it is horrible for dark undereye circles because your eyes will look very dry and tired. Do not use this to cover dark circles because it simply wont work. However, I do find it good to cover blemishes, acne or any scars probably.

I will continue using this until it runs out because I hate to waste anything, but I wouldn't buy this product again. I'm thinking to switch to pro longwear concealer because I heard rave reviews about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by kawar11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There are negatives and positive to this concealer ill start with the positives:
it broke me out a little, which might not occur for everyone but i certainly found i had a few more spots after using this.
this is most perfect for oily skin types i have combination skin which is more to the oily side but because of my mild acne cream it tends to leave it dry so i get dry patches. When i put this concealer on it makes the dry patches very visible.If your skin isnt very dry then id give this a shot but only if you have a rich moisturizer!
it dries out fast which is annoying because you have to wait for the product to warm up before tapping it in with you fingers.

positives
it covers spots wonderfully, if really does! it makes my skin look absolutely clear and dewy but not overly dewy.
i have mild acne and i could wear this alone, so for people with little blemishes this might be for you!
it stays on pretty much all day
this was my first mac purchase and i was suprised at its price, i thought itd be more expensive :L

my overall view on this is that yes i think its a very good product and i would re-purchase but unfortunately it broke me out so i wont be in the future....
but if you want to check it then id ask fora sample and try it out!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This concealer has a gel finish, so it's not as dry in formulation. I would only use this on the chin or around the sides of the nose to cancel out redness, but because the formula settles into creases, avoid putting this under your eyes. DON'T or else you'll look even more tired with how it emphasizes the undereye creases. :S I made the mistake of using this product on the day of a publicity photo. I would not repurchase this again because it has limited uses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was given a generous sample of this product by a MAC artist, and I have used it daily for the past two weeks. I do not wear foundation, but I do use concealer around my nose, on my chin and underneath my eyes.
Since starting to use this concealer, I have noticed that my skin in those areas has become drier and each day the concealer is a bit more difficult to apply smoothly. It creases as well, so you need to be very careful about the quantity you use under your eyes (not ideal for that area), but it does cover spots very, very well.
I did find the staying power a bit lacking, but I may purchase to just have on hand for covering break outs.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2011 11:40:00 AM More reviews by virgo_intacta23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the worst concealer I've ever used, even worse than the random drug store concealer I used to use as a teen. This does nothing to hide my dark circles, it looks cakey if you apply too much and I find it hard to blend. I'll stick to the Studio Finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by w04hh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually have never found a concealer that matched my skin as well as this one. I'm a NC20-25, but with somewhat neutral undertones and I had this concealer in NW20. The Studio Sculpt concealer color range is a bit off from the usual MAC color range. NW20 in Studio Sculpt is darker than NW20 in Studio Finish. I like the way Studio Sculpt applies, it is more "watery" than the Studio Finish, and hence less opaque as well. But besides the way it applies and how well it matched my skin, I cannot say one other good thing about it. It clogged my pores, it turns oily, the staying power is not great, and it just doesn't look natural enough on my skin. Definitely will not repurchase.