September 2, 2014 | 1819 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Creme Cup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Disclaimer: This review is strictly about the color, not the quality or performance of the lipstick consistency. Also, please note that I bought this on a quest for the perfect nude lipstick. So this review is for anyone considering this as a nude lipstick.

I am approximately an NW20/NC25 neutral-toned complexion (currently using Matchmaster 1.5 foundation). Although I have a light complexion, my natural lips are very pigmented red, almost purple (yikes, I'm a mutant). Creme d'Nude was too colorless and bland, looked like conealer. Hue had a pinch of pink but was a tad too light and had the potential for looking concealer-like on me, and didn't show up well on my pigmented lips. I didn't want a peach nude, as those tend to pull orange on me and I like to keep my makeup cool-toned. So I went on a quest for a nude that was pink-toned. I didn't want it too be noticeably pink or opaque though, like Snob or Angel.

On my skintone, this came out a little too noticeably pink than what I wanted. It's pigmented enough to cover my dark lips, but it's a little too pigmented pink. The reason I want nude lipstick is because I want to draw attention to my eyes. I guess this is still light enough not to draw attention away from the eyes, but it's still noticeable that I'm wearing lipstick.

Creme Cup seems to draw cool-toned on me, which makes me wonder if a warmer-toned person would want this (unless you really are going for the ultra pink Nicki Minaj look). I see faint blue undertones in it, although my lips could be influencing that.

Overall, I'd say it's ideal for a cooler-toned NW20-NW35 who's looking for a light pink. I would classify this in the Pink family before I called it a Nude. More specifically, a toned down, muted Barbie pink.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

really pretty color in the tube but i think creme cup looks much better on tanned skin im a nc15 and it looks okay but alot better when i have a spraytan, still prefer it to angel though

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my Fav lipstick ever I have a ridiculous amount of lipsticks but I mostly reach for this one it's cream sheen a beautiful pinky nude it's opaque and moisturising its a great lipstick for everyday and looks great on a night out when you want a smokey eye look u think its a really flattering shade for all skin tones I would recommend this to anyone that's a fan of MAC Angel :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I much prefer this to "Angel." "Angel" has a dated, frosty finish that I don't like. "Creme Cup" has an opaque, matte finish. I am very fair (I wear Porcelain shades) but this doesn't wash me out at all. It's a pretty pale pink that would work well with a smokey eye. I like to top it with gloss - Mac "Baby Sparks" or Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Gloss in "Pretty Pink."

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Returned this, buy Creme Cup they said, it will look good they said.....I felt like I looked like a barbie doll, and not in a good way. Way to "baby pink" not the nudish pink I wanted.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This was my first MAC lipstick and I wore it for about a year until I rtealized I hated it!
I don't get the hype, I'm fair skinned and this doesn't suit me. I just bought Angel and its way more wearable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I bought this because I have forever been searching for "THE" perfect pinky nude lipstick for my NC20 complexion (as a reference, my foundation colours are Chanel claire, Bourjois 52#, Clinique Anti-blemish foundation in Fresh Ivory 02#). Unfortunately, this is not a pinky nude but it is a very nice pale pink. It's not too pink/lavender which seems to be the classic mistake I make when looking for this kind of pink lipstick. I also tried Hue which I think is more lavender than Creme Cup is. Creme Cup is more subtle and wearable. The texture is creamy and not drying but I find that the colour doesn't last, so reapplying every few hours is a must. Overall I'm happy with the quality of this lipstick and I will definitely continue using it but the search continues for my perfect nude lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lipstick as it is very nourishing and not drying when most MAC lipsticks tend to make my lips flakey.

This shade is described as light blue pink so it tends to go a bit mauve on my lips which is why I have said I would not repurchase as I need something a little bit pinker that looks healthier!
When it's on your lips, it's quite sheer and glossy so you can't expect too much from the lasting power, so I do have to reapply frequently.

Other than that, this is a really cute colour and I think it would be universally flattering on anyone (For reference, I am NW20).
It's one of those lipsticks that it's always worth having around because it goes with most outfits or looks.

The packaging, as always with MAC, is classy and uniform. None of my MAC lipsticks have broken yet and I keep Creme Cup in my bag so I know the packaging is made well!

I would recommend this product to someone who was looking for a nude, glossy pink for everyday wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a cute lipstick! The hue is a soft, wearable pink with lots of moisture and no shimmer as far as I can tell. I use it paired with a smokey eye or for just adding on to a neutral makeup. Goes with anything really.

I love it on anyone up to NC35-ish, darker than that it goes on a little too light for my taste.

I usually combine Creme Cup with Dervish lip liner and the Prep + Prime Lip. Cremesheen is a moisturizing formula but it also means that it won't stay on as good as your matte ones - I do everything I can with liner and primer to minimize having to touch up.

I think this color would be great if you love Bombshell, Shy Girl, Angel, Lovelorn or the like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this is such a pretty pink. i think its suitable for most people. :) though i did realize it makes my face darker than my lips when im in the dark. kinda weird o.0 but i think its a really cute pink for daytime :)