September 18, 2014 | 1370 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 3.8(2091 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by nataliepin

Like everyone else said, yes this can be a very drying product and yes it can cake if you use too much (its not for the heavy-handed). But if used sparingly it's a miraculous concealer, I can always rely on it to cover those stubborn spots that are really hard to conceal. Under the eyes it always creases on me so I never use it for that purpose anymore. I apply this either with a brush or my finger, but even while using the brush I think it's worth it to go over with your finger to blend out the edges because it can be quite heavy. Lasts all day. It's worth the price to me, I'm on my second pot and it does last for a while. I haven't noticed any breakouts from using this and I do have very acne prone skin. Packaging can be unhygienic and is a down side I suppose but I can't think of another way they would package this so I got over it. I highly recommend asking for a sample of this to see if it works for you because it can be an amazing addition to a collection!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

Dry and hard to apply. Breaks me out

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in NW15, which is a great match for my skin, but it's just dry and can cake up. accentuates pores and lines (I don't have any noticeable ones until I get this stuff on my face), the consistency is heavy and thick, which, yes that's what a concealer can be, but it looks a bit too heavy, doesn't blend very well because of how heavy it is, don't like it, there are better concealers out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by TheStyleChronicles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A HG concealer. One that I will always go back to. It is not suggested for dark circles, but I find that it is one of the only ones that covers dark circles. Heavily moisturize before application and make sure to set with a powder that will not make it flake or cake. I use Coty Airspun or Ben Nye Cameo Powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by chengyau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased mine at shade NC25 and I wasn't that pleased after trying out a few times. I have pretty dry eyes with fine lines and seriously dark under eyes ( the make up artist recommended this shade because it has orange undertone). This product doesn't even cover up 50% of my problem not to mention creases as well. Despite the hype of it, there's nothing really special of this concealer. I somehow find my bodyshop pencil concealer works just the same as mac studio fix. Perhaps slightly better for the consistency of my bodyshop concealer doesn't transfer as much and it's half the price of studio fix. Therefore, I won't be repurchasing this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Sarahcelik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have got in NC 30 , I didn't like it

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by muchi090

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This concealer is difficult to blend heavy and can get cakey if not set. I was able to achieve a nice look with this but it only look good in photos. In real person it was cakey and ugly. Maybe if it was water based it wouldn't look like that. Mac doesn't serve their oily cilents like they should

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I bought this I didn't like it. I didn't really know what color I needed and when I asked the consultant at my local MAC counter, she recommended NC20 and applied it under my eyes. I find that this is a product that is too thick to be applied under my eyes. What I really wanted it for was to cover blemishes and red spots on my face. So I brought it back and bought something else from another makeup counter, which I was totally unhappy with. So I decided to give it another shot and bought it in the color NC30 this time, which is a much better shade for me. I ONLY use this to cover redness or blemishes. This stuff is AMAZING for that. I have tried a few different ways to apply it, but what works best for me is to use my finger rather than a sponge or brush. I like to apply my concealer over my foundation where I can still see impurities. I just get a little on my finger and dab it over any blemishes and feather it out with the tip of my finger till the edges are blended. It makes any imperfections totally disappear!! I almost NEVER have to touch up anything that I was trying to hide with this. It really stays put even on my oily skin. Set it with powder and you are good to go. However, under no circumstances will I use this as an under eye concealer. I find, as I mentioned earlier, that this is too cakey and thick to be applied in that delicate under eye area. For me, I felt that it settled into fine lines through out the day and it seemed like I had more of an unnatural shadowing under my eyes. I don't have terrible dark circles, but we all know what happens if you don't get enough sleep some nights. I almost felt like this enhanced my circles rather than brightening and covering them. I have since found something else that I find brightens up that area and works much better for under the eyes than this. But if you are looking for something to make any impurities or blemishes disappear, this is your stuff!! I have had two of these now, and I like the packaging because it's small so you can easily travel with it, and as I don't use makeup tools to apply it, it's pretty convenient. I just make sure my hands are clean before I go sticking my finger in it. I tend to get a lot of longevity out of each of these because I use it for very specific things. I also like to use this to clean up the edges around my eyebrows when I fill them in. This also works beautifully for that, and I do use a brush to apply it in that instance. I personally will never use another concealer again. This is another staple for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by sumanserah

First of all I must mention that the price is really high for such a small quantity. 1300/- for 7g :( But that's where the cons end. Before buying this I was using he maybelline BB stick as a spot concealer too. It did a fairly good job but I wanted something with full coverage. I read a bunch of reviews and went to the store to try it out for myself. The MUA was really helpful and made sure I tried out a bunch of shades before finalizing one. Ive used this on multiple occasions in the day as well as night and it doesnt at all give a cakey appearance. It looks very natural and has a staying power of atleast 2-3 proper hours after which a touch up might be required. Overall a good investment for those with combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I know so many people love this but it just never worked for me. I really tried different ways of applying, different moisturisers underneath, using different types of setting powders, etc etc.

It has good coverage and seemed to last but was just way to dry for me. It was dry and cakey under my eyes. Too dry to use on my face and would end up cracking over wherever I used it, making any blemish look 10x worse. If I used a thick moisturiser underneath it still settled into the fine lines and then would collect and look so horrible. Plus it always looked like I had slapped cake/stage make-up on my face even when it was blended out to the point that you could barely see it. I found it was difficult to blend with my fingers or concealer brush. It clung on to dry patches like cement. I took it back to MAC and asked if this was normal - mine was so dry and hard in the compact. The lady at MAC told me it was fine. I couldn't return it since it was already used and months old.

I gave up and gave this away to my mother who has very oily skin and she seems ok with it.

I would recommend trying this on, and waiting for at least a few hours before you buy it - see how your skin reacts. I had kept mine for months hoping it would somehow work for me before finally admitting it was doing me no favours and I normally love MAC products. I would not repurchase this.