December 22, 2014 | 992 users online

Concealers - MAC - Studio Finish Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:32:00 AM More reviews by steffyashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I recently purchased a pot of these as a supplement concealer for my current (thinning) makeup palette. With my fair-medium complexion, the makeup artist at MAC's counter recommended an NC20 to me. I also requested that she gave me the 'thickest' and 'best for covering blemishes' concealer, and she immediately recommended this one, as compared to the other concealers from MAC.

I've worn this several times and believe I should write a review about it.

Pros:
- The staying power is very good. It is not magnificent (ie will not budge no matter what horrible weather it is put through), but it stayed there for almost 10 hours on my face.
- Consistency. I am biased for this type of creamy-but-not-too-creamy concealers. I usually prefer to use my concealer brush for application as compared to fingers, though I found that the end result is not much different.
- Coverage is good. I do not have any red acne / acne scars right now, so I can't say for sure, but I do have two black/dark acne scars. It covered quite well, so I can't see the scars unless I really zoom in to look at it. I suppose that means most people looking at my face won't notice the scars at all. I was wearing this on top of a very light coverage foundation.
- SPF! Mine, at least came with an SPF of 35, which I believe is a very good addition, because it helps your (dark) scars heal and not be exposed to harmful sunlight.
- Packaging is light and simple, as expected of MAC products. I think it also has a fair bit of products, and considering what a long way a little of this goes, I'm guessing it will last me quite some times.
-Good match. The NC20 disappears to my skin, in a good, imperfection-covering way.

Cons:
- Under-eye wear. It's just my preference, but I like creamier concealers for under-eyes, because I find this type harder to put on and slightly creasing. However, this is just my preference I guess.

Verdict:
Not the perfect (cover absolutely everything) concealer, but have never used a better one either. I have used Benefit's Erase Paste, Too Faced's No Makeup Makeup Palette Concealer (though the color's not that right), Body Shop's concealer, and several drugstore concealers. So far this is the best I've come across! I recommend this for people with no severe imperfections and have other options for their under-eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sbendel

Although this can be slightly drying (I have dry skin to begin with), this is the best concealer I've tried to mask imperfections on my face. I recently experienced a very bad breakout all over my skin and although it is currently cleared up, I still have some little red marks/scars. This completely hides them and evens out my discoloration. I suggest using an NC as opposed to NW if you're looking to hide redness or acne marks on your face - I've found that it better conceals my scarring and cancels out the pinky/red tones, but that's just me!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by DaysiDarling

This concealer is good but it shows my eye crease and thats the only bad part. that looks so ugly. besides that its a good buy! i love it it gives coverage and well its good it does its job! i love the packaging its small and convenient.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this concealer!! I bought it about 8 years ago When I suffered teenage acne and it worked a charm alongside studio fix foundation. Haven't needed to use it since until a month ago and omg I've never been so thankful for a product. I've started breaking out with cystic acne on my cheeks and this concealer is a godsend at covering up red lumps and bumps and making my skin look flawless with or without my foundation! I like putting in on before my foundation and then tapping a little more on if necessary, I find that I get best coverage like this! The only thing about it is because I'm using spot treatments parts of my face can be a little dry and this can sit on the dry skin slightly but nothing that's noticeable! Plus side is that it helps fight the blemish and it non-acnegenic so I don't worry about using it often!! Def recommend and will always repurchase!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by GlowKitten01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this concealer daily under my eyes and occasionally on spots.

With a creamy texture, I find this provides great coverage but it does stick to the fine lines under the eyes slightly- but I am yet to find a concealer that doesn't do this.

For 15.00 GBP, this concealer lasts ages. I have had mine well over a year, and I use it often.

Again, NC15 matches my skin tone perfectly and I am very happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really love this concealer, the only downside is that they don't have NC25. I'm an NC25 and like my concealer to match for blemishes because if I use a lighter one it just highlights it. I got an NC30 which is quite the same color as the Full Coverage NC30 and that is about the same color as me, maybe slightly lighter. I noticed the Full Coverage foundation and Studio Finish concealer do run a little lighter because they're more opaque.

I noticed people have trouble with this product for under the eyes and say it either doesn't cover the darkness or is too heavy and thick. The trick to this product is to get some on the back of the hand and rub it with your finger to warm it up. This will make the concealer very creamy and not as heavy feeling.

This concealer does cover up my darkness under the eyes VERY well. Since people don't warm it up at times it sort of makes it sheer. Another thing is that most people really need to color correct. I put this on the back of my hand and warm it up and mix a tiny bit of an orange lipstick and it turns the concealer a sort of peachy color which actually brightens up the under eye area and stops it from looking ashy.

Once this is warmed up it can crease to I pat on a powder with a powder puff right after I put it on and blend it and it'll last all day like that.

I like the packaging, it looks like an eyeshadow but what's great is that you get a good amount of product. I was actually use a concealer for foundation and it lasted a really good amount of time.

Side note: If you think about it. When you look at someone who has a foundation that's too light they end up looking ashy. Now look at your foundation color and most people get a concealer that's a shade or two lighter to cover up the darkness. Keep in mind that the darkness under the eye is anywhere from half a shade to three shades darker so you end up with about a 2-4 shade difference an it looks slightly ashy and seems to look like there is darkness.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by rEMemberMepls

When someone defended it wasnt cakey, it really was. Cakey flakey and doesnt conceal. Doesnt look natural per se. Very hard to blend unless your a professional makeup artist. Very time consuming and builds up on a spot but with redness seaping thru. No shit a waste of time and money. The mua sad it stays on even on hot weather, im in front of the aircon still slides off. Bad concealer very bad. Trust me dont buy. I look like I have hepatitis considering im asian with very yellow undertones. Damn shouldve seen that one coming. Dissapointment at its finest now im stuck with so much product plus im broke its not cheap yah know.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe just my problem, I have very bad circle and nars radiant concealer has much more coverage than mac studio finish :/ I don't think it's that full coverage as most people say

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by mcutting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first bought this, I was skeptical that it was going to be too thick to put on my under eyes, which are horrendous. I basically just have bags and redness, so I need something thick to do the job. I bought this, and it took a few applications to get used to how to blend it out and apply it so that it didn't crease after my powder was on. I've now had it for about a year, and use it everyday. I really like it and it covers up 100% of my redness. I will say that it does not cover up dark spots or burn scars very well, but does any concealer? Definitely try!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by huggybbs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS?? I've been using MAC select cover up, the one that comes in a tube, for a while now, but found that I needed to build up a few layers in order to hide blemishes. For this, the coverage is fantastic without appearing cakey, and I also appreciate that it's not too drying on my skin. Compared it with NARS Radiant Creamy concealer and benefit Bo-ing before deciding on this, by the way.