Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this lipstick! I bought Fire & Ice, and though it looks great and I love it, on me it's more of a cherry red. I was looking for more of an everyday red. I found it! I usually try to stay away from matte lipsticks, but this l/s is so creamy and is not drying. I bought it at Walmart for $4.97. I think this color is neutral. I don't really feel like it leans to cooler or warmer tones. I think this l/s would look great on anyone. So, to recap: "Really Red" is affordable, great whether you want to dress up and keep it casual, it's creamy, and long-lasting. It fades to a pretty red stain. Love! :)

on 6/20/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It is a beautiful China red. This makes me look polished and elegant. It also makes my lips look really... What's the word? Fat. It suits me and lasts long. Formula- great. Etc. The only thing is, it's a bit dull... I prefer Fire & Ice, Elizabeth Arden poppy cream, chanel excessive, and even covergirl hot passion to this for that reason. Those all brighten up my face instantly, whereas this one is beautiful, but with a subtle brick tone to it that renders it more 'natural' (if such a word can be used to describe red l/s) and... Wearable... Will
Work for all occasions. I just prefer the aforementioned as they have a special *something* that makes me glow... Esp Fire and Ice!! Thank God I have both though, bcuz F&I definitely will not be suitable for for ALL occasions, unlike this workhorse!
What I like to do to liven this up is apply F&ice to centre of lips, and smush lips so it blends with RR. This way I get the pulled-together, sophisticated prettiness, with a dash of fiery energy to it.

It was just a few weeks ago that I randomly bought this lipstick. I was given money as a graduation gift. I decided spend it on make-up. I've always wanted to practice the classic make-up look which I think is Eye liner + Red lipstick so I bought the Maybelline Gel Liner on a drugstore. Now all I needed was a red lipstick. I asked help from the salesperson and she suggested this lipstick. I finally bought it and couldn't wait to try my first red lipstick. The first time time I tried it, my lips were pretty chappy so it obviously did not look good. Wanting to try again, I made sure that my lips were exfoliated. I must honestly say that I really fell in love with this perfect shade of red. It's not too bright for my skin complexion and it really is red as it says on the bottom of its packaging. I also like how it doesn't make me look like a clown or a vampire. It is matte but it does not dry which is great. It also glides smoothly while you apply it in your lips.

The con, however, based on my experience is that it doesn't last very long for me. I have noticed that after every meal I have, the lipstick just goes off. I mean, not completely but all that's left are rings on the slight corners of my lips. I don't know if it's just my lips, the lipstick or I applies the lipstick wrong. Maybe I should try the blotting method or lip liner whatever. Either way, I hate the fact that it does not last long in my lips. I'm one of those lazy people who really hate reapplying make up.

I'm giving this a 9.5 out of 10.

on 5/25/2012 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm not really seeing the blue toned red everyone is talking about regarding this lippie. Really Red pulls a little orange on my skin tone (NW47). Although, it's not a blue toned red, I love the formula of the lipstick....really light and glides on the lips smooth with no funky lipstick smell. Oh, and, it's not drying either. I would purchase again.

on 5/24/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

amazing go buy it!

on 5/9/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Perfect, affordable, matte red. Make sure you buff your lips with a toothbrush first so you don't get flakies. It often goes on sale, so get it while it's cheap. This is very similar in colour to my NYC Retro Red which has a creamy as opposed to matte finish. I love both, but the packaging on this guy is way classier.

on 5/4/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My absolute favorite red lipstick! Really Red is THE definition of the bright, classic, pin-up girl red. It looks brighter and more noticeable than most DS red lipsticks I've tried. The matte finish really gives it that retro punch, and it's surprisingly not (as) drying like other matte lipsticks. I would apply this carefully, preferably with a lipliner (to get the edges perfect) although you can get away with applying straight from the bullet if you have a steady hand. The color does stain my lips a little afterwards.

I'm an NC25 Asian and this red is EXTREMELY flattering on me, although I think it's actually flattering on everyone. Every time I wear it, I get questions about what lipstick it is, and everyone is usually surprise to find that it's a $6, classic Revlon one that gets overlooked at the supermarkets. One of my friends and my dance instructor both ran out to buy this exact lipstick after I wore it for a performance.

This is my HG red lipstick! It is a timeless shade of red that instantly perks up any outfit. Even when I'm wearing a sweatshirt, this stuff makes me feel put together.

It is very long-lasting for a regular lipstick. It does rub off a bit during meals, but it wears off evenly (no ring-around-the-lips affect), so I can get away with not reapplying if I'm in a hurry after lunch. I like that the formula is matte because cream-style lipsticks never work for me; they always melt into a visible gooey residue on the edges of my lips. I have tried Revlon's other matte shades, and their formulas do not wear as beautifully as Really Red.

This lipstick is a great value for the price. People have asked me if I'm wearing MAC when I use this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This red is great for everyday wear; it stays very comfortably on my lips and doesn't fade much through eating and drinking. The formula is on the drier side but wearing a good lip balm before applying really helps. When I saw this red I thought it would be too orange for my skin tone but it ended up brightening my face without being too in-your-face (maybe because of the matte finish). The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is that it's hard to find! I don't remember how many drugstores I wandered around before finding this but it was well worth the search.

on 4/3/2012 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a great shade of red for me-- they are almost always too orange, I'm not sure why, but I love this. I would probably caution people to use a lipbrush because it is a VERY bold red, and mistakes will show up.

This is a really killer lipstick for the "Mad Men" look that is taking the beauty world by storm. Buy it, indulge your inner glamazon!

Popular Lipsticks