Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

on 7/27/2012 9:14:00 AM

Love, love, LOVE this red. I have MAC Ruby Woo and Russian Red but this is my absolute favourite. My go to red lipstick! Just bought Wet n Wild Stoplight Red so I'll see if this one beats that too :)

on 7/27/2012 8:27:00 AM

This is the first time I have fallen in love with a beauty product..for real. Like I cannot bear to live without it or even imagine running out of it. It drove me to look for backups and always dreading that it might be discontinued. Sadly, I fear it might be so, because its so much harder to find now. I finally found a store where they had only two tubes left and I bought both. Such a beautiful red. I call it my happy red because the color is so bright and cheerful. Goes with everything and all occasions. IN LOVE!

on 7/26/2012 11:01:00 PM

A fabulous, absolutely gorgeous red! I am an NC25 and was looking for a true red with warmer undertones, no blue undertones at all. This was the perfect match! Great, creamy application with absolutely no tugging or seeping into the cracks of my lips. Looks best with a layer of lip balm underneath for soft looking, color rich lips-- but to truly get the matte look you should just exfoliate your lips then apply this on straight from the tube. This shade looks amazing in the tube and even better on your lips. I think this is one of the true lipstick gems that would go with every skin tone out there! Has no scent or no taste, but mine melted and shifted a bit after being left a hot car. Found mine for only $4.97 at a local Walmart. This is my second Revlon Matte lipstick, and they've easily become my favorite lipstick line. Will buy many backups of this, as this might be my only red lipstick for life!

on 7/16/2012 7:40:00 PM

This is the first matte lipstick I have tried and I really love it! The colour is a perfect shade of red, not too warm or cool, and the lipstick goes on smoothly and stays a really long time. I can eat AND drink with this lipstick on and it stays! Definitely recommend!

on 6/30/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I *love* this color. It's a lovely, vibrant red. Easy to wear. Unlike the other matte revlon lipsticks I've tried, it's pretty easy to put on. I can even put it on out of the tube and clean it up with some lipliner. It's nice that revlon makes an affordable, lovely but bright red color. Usually for striking colors I have to go for more expensive brands.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this lipstick! I bought Fire & Ice, and though it looks great and I love it, on me it's more of a cherry red. I was looking for more of an everyday red. I found it! I usually try to stay away from matte lipsticks, but this l/s is so creamy and is not drying. I bought it at Walmart for $4.97. I think this color is neutral. I don't really feel like it leans to cooler or warmer tones. I think this l/s would look great on anyone. So, to recap: "Really Red" is affordable, great whether you want to dress up and keep it casual, it's creamy, and long-lasting. It fades to a pretty red stain. Love! :)

on 6/20/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It is a beautiful China red. This makes me look polished and elegant. It also makes my lips look really... What's the word? Fat. It suits me and lasts long. Formula- great. Etc. The only thing is, it's a bit dull... I prefer Fire & Ice, Elizabeth Arden poppy cream, chanel excessive, and even covergirl hot passion to this for that reason. Those all brighten up my face instantly, whereas this one is beautiful, but with a subtle brick tone to it that renders it more 'natural' (if such a word can be used to describe red l/s) and... Wearable... Will
Work for all occasions. I just prefer the aforementioned as they have a special *something* that makes me glow... Esp Fire and Ice!! Thank God I have both though, bcuz F&I definitely will not be suitable for for ALL occasions, unlike this workhorse!
What I like to do to liven this up is apply F&ice to centre of lips, and smush lips so it blends with RR. This way I get the pulled-together, sophisticated prettiness, with a dash of fiery energy to it.

It was just a few weeks ago that I randomly bought this lipstick. I was given money as a graduation gift. I decided spend it on make-up. I've always wanted to practice the classic make-up look which I think is Eye liner + Red lipstick so I bought the Maybelline Gel Liner on a drugstore. Now all I needed was a red lipstick. I asked help from the salesperson and she suggested this lipstick. I finally bought it and couldn't wait to try my first red lipstick. The first time time I tried it, my lips were pretty chappy so it obviously did not look good. Wanting to try again, I made sure that my lips were exfoliated. I must honestly say that I really fell in love with this perfect shade of red. It's not too bright for my skin complexion and it really is red as it says on the bottom of its packaging. I also like how it doesn't make me look like a clown or a vampire. It is matte but it does not dry which is great. It also glides smoothly while you apply it in your lips.

The con, however, based on my experience is that it doesn't last very long for me. I have noticed that after every meal I have, the lipstick just goes off. I mean, not completely but all that's left are rings on the slight corners of my lips. I don't know if it's just my lips, the lipstick or I applies the lipstick wrong. Maybe I should try the blotting method or lip liner whatever. Either way, I hate the fact that it does not last long in my lips. I'm one of those lazy people who really hate reapplying make up.

I'm giving this a 9.5 out of 10.

on 5/25/2012 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm not really seeing the blue toned red everyone is talking about regarding this lippie. Really Red pulls a little orange on my skin tone (NW47). Although, it's not a blue toned red, I love the formula of the lipstick....really light and glides on the lips smooth with no funky lipstick smell. Oh, and, it's not drying either. I would purchase again.

on 5/24/2012 6:48:00 PM