July 25, 2014 | 1719 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A true medium coverage foundation. I'm used to using totally full coverage foundations, so this was a new thing for me. I agree that this is a more hydrating foundation, but believe me, it's not at all overly dewy or anything. Glides on easily- I usually use my fingers. Most importantly DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT. At all. I've even slept in it (oops) and my skin was just fine the next day. I have this in Linen, which is pretty yellow toned- helps to neutralize the pink in my skin. I also just want to mention that this photographs just fine, despite the spf.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sabzter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation really surprised me. I waited for a while to purchase it because I got scared when I read the negative reviews on this site about breakouts and the Nude being a very "dewy" foundation. After trying a bunch of foundations and going through ups and downs with my super sensitive skin, I finally decided to get this.

This is an incredibly beautiful foundation, depending on how you apply it and your skincare routine. This is how I apply the Nude and it has REALLY helped my acne-prone skin improve in many ways, making it brighter, clearing up my skin, and remaining on my skin for about 8 hours. For those of you with incredibly sensitive skin, I really hope that this helps you gauge how this foundation functions.

FIRST, I apply the Dior Gentle Toning Lotion (toner) all over my face---it burns the first couple times but your skin gets used to it and it really is wonderful. SECOND, I apply my serum all over my face, letting that set for about a minute.

As for the foundation (shade = 022 Cameo, I'm normally right between NC25-30)...first of all, be sure to shake the bottle every time you pump a little bit of it out; it's extremely necessary. So, I take about half a pump and put dots of it all over the left side of my face and take about another half a pump and dot the foundation over the right side of my face. I take another half a pump and dot the foundation over my chin, nose, and forehead. Then I take my flat-top Shiseido foundation brush and stipple the foundation everywhere, making sure it's evenly applied, and then I blend it in. It honestly will not like you have any foundation on. I then take my Guerlain Meteorites in 01 Mythic and apply all over. Then I take my Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Scupting powder (shade = beige praline) and with the luxurious brush that comes with the powder, I swirl it around in the powder and apply on my forehead and bridge of my nose. I then throw on a little Dior blush (shade = rose brazilia) and take a little bit of my Diorskin Shimmering Face Powder (shade = amber diamond) and highlight my cheeks. And that's for the makeup application, esp. for those of you struggling with how to get the Nude foundation to look "glowy" and yet not make your skin "greasy."

This is a very natural foundation if you apply it the way I stated above and not overdo it. If you overdo it, your skin can easily become both dry and oily, depending on how your skin normally is. I have super sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin, and long-wearing makeup (will never try it again) absolutely does NOT work for me, as it always irritates my skin like crazy. This foundation does not do that at all, which surprises me a lot, since I've always thought Dior makeup was bad for the skin. I wouldn't say that the foundation on its own is very "glowy," like the Chanel Teint Innocence (now discontinued) was, but it definitely is incredibly natural-looking. There's just something about it that I can't put my finger on, but it makes the skin look almost perfect, as if it's the almost-perfect version of your skin. You can't even really see it on yourself! The consistency is fairly thin and yet I would categorize this as a medium-to-full coverage foundation because it covers all my acne scars, which even long-wearing makeup doesn't do. You can build this for full-coverage, but I doubt it would look as natural. It feels unlike any other foundation I've ever tried, and the greatest thing is that even with my oily t-zone that every foundation highlights, Nude somehow manages not to. It leaves a very natural glow on your skin all day and though I don't really need to blot at all throughout the day, I sometimes do once after 4 hours, like if I've been in my car for an hour going to work with the heat on. And you don't even need to use that much or to build it---I don't even need to use a concealer with Nude (unless it's that time of the month and I just can't help that). Speaking of that awful time, I've noticed that I've been breaking out A LOT less than I normally do! Even the breakout I currently have is very tiny little dots, localized, and very few. Another great thing is that Nude absolutely does NOT slide off my face, as I've been reading from other reviewers. Obviously, if you don't really take care of your skin, your skin is going to be oily and no makeup will stay on. I learned this the hard way after trying about 97% of makeup brands out there including Guerlain, Chanel, Estee Lauder, Mac, Shiseido, Clinique, Smashbox, Lancome, MUFE, Bobbi Brown, you name it! In the past three months, I think I've tried and returned about 6-8 different foundations because of skin issues. For those of you who are oily and feel that this may make you more oily, I really think you should give this a shot. I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but for you oily girls, try using toner/exfoliator, moisturizer, and primer---it will really help!!

Also---this is a pretty hydrating foundation (w/o being greasy) if you apply products similar to those listed above. It can be drying if you don't properly moisturize and beware for those of you using Benzoyl Peroxide or other acne medications because Nude will absolutely dry out your skin, no matter what you do. I would recommend this for people with both dry and oily skin---remember to properly tone, moisturize and prime beforehand. Okay I think that's about it!

I apologize for a ridiculously long review, but I see so many people struggling like I have for years with finding the right foundation and having good skin while wearing it. Oh yeah and FYI, it lasts thru a strenuous workout!!!! I am in love with Nude, and if anyone has any questions about any of the products or the foundation, shoot me an email!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cyndl16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best foundation I have ever tried! For a long time I've been searching for my HG foundation and i think this is it!! I've been a fan of Laura Mercier for a long time since I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin. I was a little on the fence about this foundation since it contains a slight perfume smell and thought it would be somewhat harsh to my sensitive skin. The second I tried this on I fell in love. It feels like silk on my skin and it covers my imperfections flawlessly (and YES I have a lot of red / purplish acne marks) The best part about this is that you can build this on for more coverage and it last a long time!!
I've never done a makeup review before, but I had to let everyone know how incredible this foundation is!! I love it and its amazing for dry skin / combination skin. My skin feels moisturized all day and it literally feels like I have no make-up on hence the name "nude" and YES it does give me that dewy glow effect, not the oily ugly kind.
Packaging is amazing, product is amazing, what more can i say!! Yes its expensive but definitely worth the investment!! LOVE

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by mmcmsp

I love this foundation so much, it is the best foundation I've ever tried. I have in peach (I'm nw20) and it gives me the perfect face, last all day and it seems to get more and more beautiful as the hours go, I don't know why.... Foundation is something that I only apply with my hand and this foundation is the kind of product that works like that because it is like it goes into your skin really doesnt look you are wearing foundation at all because it blends beautifully. I have dry skin and I didn't use to powder it but recently I bought the Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow and sometimes I just go over with a little of this in a big fluffy brush (that is so wonderful also) and powder my face. It gives me a silk skin like nothing else. I also use the Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer with this foundation, it works very well. I love Dior Nude products.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by ElectricBlack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is extremely expensive. My sister wears it in Shade 031 and I wasn't too keen about it until I gave her foundation a try. She's a few shades too light for me but the foundation worked so well that it even blended well on my face.

Im Asian, NC42 with MAC and since 031 has a yellow undertone, it worked well on me and left this TRULY DEWY finish and gave me a natural glow (which am usually skeptic about when products claim that).

I have combo skin, very oily t-zone and dry cheeks and usually avoid hydrating products LOL, but I was bored so I did give Dior a try.

Its light but far from watery, applies great-a good medium coverage (i dont have bad skin but I have some features that I want to minimize and it did the job).

People say it tends to oxidize but I guess me and my sis are lucky enough to not go through that. The moment I applied it on my skin you can really tell the difference between MAC, Clinique, and even MUFE. It just feels luxurious and feels very light on my skin.

--Only downfall is that it's soooo expensive, but my sis is on her 2nd bottle and I might go to Sephora today to get myself matched and buy me another MUFE Mat Velvet+

**All in all, its worth the money and Ill be willing to shell out the dough for its quality

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by rma19

The first time I used it, I thought that this was THE foundation. However, I noticed later that it looked a bit orangy on me after thr 5th hour... It does cover more than what i expected, though.
I still like the fact that ir looks sheer and natural, but i also hate this foundation because of the oxydation process. It makes my skin looks quite unnatural later.If you're thinking about buying this, test it first in a summer day... or buy a couple tones lighter than your skin, because 15 minutes later the color changes - and may even get darker after that.
I wouldn't buy this again and I do not recommend it for oily skin - it looks quite shiny after 3 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by vanilladiva45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first foundation I have ever loved, and perhaps my HG. I hate my skin and have tried many foundations, but have mostly stuck with this one for the last year. I wear shade 21 Linen, and apply either with my fingers, or with the Sephora Airbrush. With or without primer, this foundation wears incredibly well and really looks flawless. I'd say the coverage is medium to full, and I'm able to cover redness/ spots with very little product. I love that it sinks in and melts into my skin. This is one of the only foundations that does not get oily or shiny on me. I just have to moisturize regularly, as it can sometimes highlight dry areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

SOOOOOOOOOOO worth the $$$ =) When my skin is dry this makes me look so glowy & healthy but even when my skin is combo this looks absolutely breath taking, so natural lokking but definitely has enough coverage to cover my redness & any dark spots! I only need a lil & I look damn good lol =) I use to apply this with my fingers but now use a brush like F84 or ELF flat top & it blends it in well! I have literally tried every foundation out there & this is one of my faves!!! Next I wanna try the Diorskin Nude Hydrating Concealer =)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by annam2505

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a bit on the fence about this product, here are my thoughts:

The colourselection is poor for fair skinned girls like myself. Yes, I did get this in the spring and at first it seemed decent, but now I can see that the 020 is extremely orange and way to dark for my skin. For reference, I am somewhere around NW15 in Mac foundations. Also, this turn darker after about 15 minutes, which is a bit of a consern.

However, this layers fine, and looks good on the skin. It is a huge plus that this foundation does not look chalky or dry, ever. Unfortunatly, I get quickly oily with this, at least in the summer. In the wintertime, as in now- when I can not use it because of the colour- it works better, but still not great. I think this would be better for dry skin. Do mind that the finish is sort of matte, it is supposed to turn to powder, but this effect does NOT last.

The price is insane, and I would not repurchase. Still, not a terrible product. Just not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by boz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After spending years trying to find a foundation i like, i finally stumbled across this! This foundation is simply amazing! I have combination skin that is often prone to acne.. This foundation is light weight ( literally feels like your not wearing foundation at all .. very similar to a tinted moisteriser but it does cover well!!!! and best of all looks natural! I have tried many foundations from drugstore brands to MAC etc and i have never been happy with any of them .. most make up enhanced the bad parts of my skin by looking cakey/oily and feeling very think even if i use the tiniest bit of foundation. It is pricey but i find it lasts longer than most foundations! I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a foundation that is natural looking, light weight with good coverage! BEST BEST BEST!