Rimmel Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

2.9

Aqua/Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Galactoarabinan, Kaolin, Xanthan Gum, Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Powder, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

on 5/17/2010 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

i liked the sample of the "lasting finish" foundation that i had, but when i went to buy the product, all the store had was the "stay matte" so i bought that instead. i have oily skin, so i thought why not. well, stay matte didn't stay matte on me, it oxidized after an hour or so, and just oiled right up, too. so i had orange, oily skin and i also found it irritated my eyes. so now i stay away from Rimmel foundations, eyeliners, shadows and mascaras. (but i do enjoy their lippies and nail polishes very, very much, tho!)

on 5/16/2010 7:32:00 PM

Love the formula it's medium coverage, lasts all day. the shade I have right now is to dark since i don't have a tan. I need to buy a lighter shade or get some sun. works well over the fix and perfect primer or the primer from avon.

-I was using MAC Studiofix powder plus foundation(nc30) but I have switched to Rimmel Stay Matte + skinpure complex. I prefer this over the MAC foundation because this Rimmel foundation is oil-free, non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, fragrance free and paraben free. I am careful & particular about the skincare/make-up that I use- I try to go with natural ingr. as much as possible.
-This foundation covered up the redness around my cheeks & it controlled the shine around my T-zone...I used a tic tac-sized amount with a foundation brush and sometimes with my fingers
-I have tried many other drugstore and high-end brands and this by far is my new favorite.
-only downside is that it doesn't contain SPF

**I am removing a lippie because turns out it makes my cheeks dry.**

on 4/23/2010 5:08:00 PM

I was actually surprised i like this. after reading the reviews i thought i would put it up for swap as soon as it arrived, but i actually like this. I will say, there is no coverage in terms of redness and pimples, but it does leave a nice, glowy finish. I use this with mineral powder on top to add coverage. I like this but i would never buy it at full price, i got this for $3.50 at Ulta.com

on 4/20/2010 3:10:00 PM

I absolutely hate the packaging. A lot of the product squirted out as soon as I opened it. I tried opening it with the cap facing the top as well but the product continued oozing out. The foundation itself has a pretty good coverage however it's a little TOO yellow even for me and I have yellow undertones (I got it in 101 Porcelain). It stays matte....for about an hour. Not going to buy this again...

on 4/5/2010 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have oily skin, so I wanted to try this out. However, it basically has no coverage. I got it in Ivory, which is either an exact match to my skin tone or it is just so sheer I cannot see it. If I don't blend it in enough, it can get kind of orange-y in places. This is definitely not mattifying. I get shiny after a couple hours as usual. However, I really like the packaging, because it is not messy at all!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The lightest shade they have was too dark and orange for me, they really have to start making lighter shades with realistic tones, I mean who has orange skin? The coverage was cakey and settled into pores, it also felt horrible on the skin. It was a total waste of money.

on 2/17/2010 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this foundation is not for ppl w/ oily skin. theres no matte involved in this what so ever. nothing but shine and oil all day.

on 2/16/2010 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like a previous reviewer, I use MUFE Stay Matte and it is my HG foundation. But for the price I don't want to use it on a daily basis. I picked up this product and have been pleased with the results. It keeps shine down and provides good coverage. I apply with a very light hand, as it can easily make me look a little bit orange, like others have said. As long as I do a light application and skip my bronzer and go straight to my MUFE HD powder I am fine. I still prefer MUFE Stay Matte for nights out and times I know I will be photographed, but this is good for everyday work environment.

on 2/14/2010 10:19:00 PM

I used this foundation for a surprisingly long time before noticing it totally sucked! I believe I was the second lightest shade called porcelain. I am fair and it made me look orange after having it on for about 20 minutes and settling onto my skin. It also, does not help if you have visible pores, if anything it accentuated them! And it says it minimizes them?! Its about medium coverage, I'd say. It didn't break me out so that's good but I haven't ever from a foundation. I just feel like its bad for my skin though..idk why. Now I'm using Clinique Superbalanced and I love it!