July 22, 2014 | 1947 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, no. True, this did come off very easily with warm water. And it consistently brought a few lashes off with it. I can't afford to lose three eyelashes a day, so I quit after a few days. Tossed $8 into the garbage when I tossed this junk. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by MarianCan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with felgij about this product and what else can I say that she already hasn't.I can actually watch my eyelashes getting longer when I apply the mascara side after primming them first.Must be the wax in the formula or something.I also get lots of compliments when I wear this.I will definetly repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 5:13:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the tube mascara technology & this is my go-to mascara. I love that I can wear this & it doesn't smear, flake, melt or run down my face. I can sleep with it on & I won't have raccoon eyes in the morning. :)
I like the white base that goes on first to prime every millimeter of lash available & add some extra length. The black top coat goes on smoothly & easily after the primer. I don't have clumpy lashes, they don't stick together & if they do while I am applying the mascara, it's easy to separate them with the wand (no separate lash comb needed as with some other thick clumpy mascaras). Love the length I get with this product & have gone back to it several times (I have other mascaras that I occasionally use). This is the one I depend on the most. It's very clean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never tried a 'tube technology' type mascara so when L'Oreal was BOGOF at Ulta I decided to give this a try. For reference I have pin straight lashes. I always go for waterproof due to constant eye touching wearing contacts, plus it holds curls.

This mascara gave me length and was easy to wash off with damp cloth which is why I gave it 2 lippies. I did one eye at a time as instructed. While both the base and mascara dried my lashes started drooping down :( My lashes were no longer pin straight they were straight down! Not only did it uncurl my lashes, it was clumpy! I had a hard time separating my lashes and I can hear a 'crunch' effect when I tried. When I did see fall out on my face trying to separate them, I noticed lashes were bare and uncoated... sigh. I even recurled my lashes and it made my lashes look like 4 sections of clumpiness. One of the worse mascaras I've tried yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Incredible!!! Looks like false lashes! Separates, lenghtens, no clumps!! Easy to remove, just amazing, my new favorite!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by pammd2004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is my 4th day (of 5) wearing this mascara. broke down and went backt o old faithful yesterday. i say i will buy it again...and i probably would, still not 100% sure. i like it okay. the best thing about it to me is that it doesnt really get too gloppy on my lashes. i do still have to work at it to get any fullness. Length is great, but fullness is kind of lacking. The removal isnt great. granted as stated by a lot of people it does come off with water only, but seems like it takes work. i do not use waterproof mascara for that reason - if removal is very difficult it freaks me out! makes me have kind of a panic attack! LOL. it comes off, but just not quick and tidy enough for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by MACmakeupchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I AM A YOUTUBE FANATIC...AND AFTER SEEING QUEENOFBLENDINGS ENTIRE REVEIW VIDEO ON THIS MASCARA AND SEEING HOW GREAT ITWORKED FOR HER....I HAD TO TRY IT!!! OMG...I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER MASCARA AGAIN!! I HAVE BEEN ASKED IF I WEAR EXTENSIONS..YES ITMAKES YOUR LASHES LONG...AND FULL!! ANOTHER THING I LIKED WAS THAT IT WASHED OFF WITH WATER...PLAIN OL WATER!! IT COSTS AROUND 8-9 BUCKS....BETTER ITS BETTER THAN MAC ANYDAY....RUN DONT WALK AND GET THIS!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Extends lashes well. Does NOT flake/smudge/smear!! Lasts forever. Inexpensive.

CONS: Can't build to make thicker lashes, but this doesn't say it's for thickness or volume. I don't know if this is what makes it not smear at all, but there is some stiffness to the lashes from this.

APPLICATION TIPS: You can use this primer before your favorite mascara to add volume. You can also use this after your favorite mascara to seal it in with the tubes to prevent smudging. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Milani's Runway Lashes (covered by Clarins Double Fix) OR Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. If you already have pretty good lashes (don't need much help), you may like CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by MNohreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite mascara too!
It never smudges. Cleansing is really convenient. It comes right off with water only.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by angiedancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara. I originally bought this product because it was the closest drugstore version I could find of a similar mascara I had tried on at Sephora. The primer part of the mascara really lengthens my lashes while the black part thickens. I have gotten several compliments on this mascara, and many have even asked me if my lashes were fake! Also, when you wash it off, it doesn't run, but comes off in cool little tubes that don't make a mess all over your face. The only downside is that you have to be careful with how you put it on so it doesn't look clumpy.