April 20, 2014 | 857 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by martixbennett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was on sale for $3 (down from $15.99) so I decided to give it a try, hoping it would be similar to my HG Covergirl Aqua Smooth compact. It goes on easily, and blends well, has a nice finish and looked lovely when I walked out the door. However, 30 minutes later after being in a (air conditioned, btw) store in close contact with several people, who happened to be looking at me quite weirdly, I noticed that it had settled into and every line, wrinkle, pore, and crease it possibly could. It also accentuated dry spots and things I didn't even know I had... I've never had this happen with a foundation before! I was quite disgusted, and rather embarrassed! I ended up wiping it off with a tissue in the car... but still couldn't get rid of all the dry spots it made. I cannot believe this product did this. I had such high hopes and have wanted to try the true blend line for quite some time, but was weary. I should have trusted my first instincts. I'm glad I only paid $3 for it. The packaging is ok, I'm not really a fan of compacts that have the mirror on the bottom of the product, and you have to keep flipping it back and forth if you're not sitting in front of a mirror. Save your money on this one, unless you have absolutely flawless skin...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by GreyWarden

I tried this because I wanted a creme foundation for ease of application, and because the number of different shades offered. While I didn' t get to experience it under the best of circumstances I feel it was a decent foundation. While using this the only problem I had was oiliness, which I have found to have been caused by my skin care routine at the time, but now that I have that under control I have been out in the sun enough that the shade I bought (N2) is no longer a good match. This product goes on smoothly and doesn't feel like its there. My number one problem with foundation is being able to feel it on my face and I did not have any such problem with the True Match creme. I can only hope that when I wear it again it will be even better. I wish that more of the drugstore cosmetics companies would offer so many shades organized in such an easy to use manner.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the True Match liquid foundation so I thought I'd try this, but I can't seem to master the application. It always looks uneven or streaky on me, even with a primer. I have to work and work at smoothing it out. I wouldn't really mind if I felt that it looked really great after all that work, but it seems to look a little grey or ghostly on me. I also don't think that it's good for my skin; I feel like the condition of my skin worsens when I use this (I'm not acne-prone, just blackheads and the occasional pimple.) It just doesn't work for me he way the liquid version does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation looked beautiful when first applied. The colour was perfect (MAC NC30 here; I used N3), it evened out my skintone nicely, and it didn't look too heavy. Unfortunately, by the end of the day it had broken up on the oilier parts of my face. Perhaps this would be better for dry skin, as opposed to my annoyingly combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this compact make up in sand beige W5, and i like the color, but the only bad thing is that it does not stay, it fades away quickly. It is not expensive, but basically you get what you pay for. But is better than powder make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Kerstyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was SO excited when True Match first came out years ago [in liquid form],however quickly disappointed that it just did not offer the fuller-coverage that I needed.Add a few more years to that [aging-wise],acne,sun-damage,pre-mature aging,ect..and I thought I'd really never touch the True Match Line again LOL.

However then I discovered "primer" recently,I settled on the Rimmel brand and I fell-in-love instantly!!! Soooo,I then went back and tried True Match Liquid again,sadly even with the Primer though, I still just did not care for TM Liquid.

But then...the TM Cream Compact form came out,and once again,just because I wanted so badly to try a "true-to-tone" make-up,I found myself back in the TM Isle.I bought Loreal TM Cream Compact in C-3. I was blown-away!!!

It went on SO smoothly and evenly.It's not too often you can say a foundation actually "felt good" going on...but this did! And to my further surprise,it actually gave GOOD COVERAGE.It was not "full" by any means,but...when I applied it over that Primer,it looked amazing!

And the part I really loved too...it felt truly "weightless",like I had nothing on my face.It was not greasy at all,nothing.The finish was not "overly" matte either,which *can* be an issue if you're older [or look older].

Even despite all my facial issues & flaws,it covered well;and it even looked good when I double-checked it outdoors,in natural-lighting.The shade I chose [C-3],was indeed a "perfect/true match" as well.I could not be more pleased with this foundation!!!

If you have anywhere from nice to decent skin,this is perfect for you....but the good news,for those of us who do not,it's now possible [with the addition of a good primer],to wear light to light/medium-coverage foundations as well,as opposed to always having to have full.

And I have to say...even without my Rimmel Primer...that this was still a good foundation,and yes,I have worn it "alone",and was still satisfied with the results,as long as I was not going anywhere special or to work,ect.It far exceeded the LIQUID VERSION of Loreal TM...which I am just not thrilled with...period!

I use this as my every-day foundation now...it has caused NO acne break-outs,even on the rare nights where I'm too lazy to wash my face before bed LOL.

Bottom line..I loved it. I still stick with Revlon Colorstay w/Softflex for days when I am broken-out [cycle-related],or need a fuller-coverage for whatever reason...but thanks to the newer "cream compact",I too,am finally able to enjoy a Loreal True Match Foundation! :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started to use the liquid True Match, but needed a little more coverage for my red cheeks. This initially worked, but settled into my pores and made my skin look worse after about two hours of wear. The color match was excellent, but since it didn't stay in place I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

True Un-match is more like it. I am NC 35-40 & considered myself as medium, and I picked W5, it is so light on me, I looked like a morphine addict waiting for my next fix, haha !!!
This is supposedly to have a warm undertone in the medium colour range, not only I looked beigey white, but this foundation does not give the skin the dimension. Even it it matches the skin colour/tone, it still looks flat, something us "oldsters" try to move away from.
No more True @#$%^ Match for me. I am so po'd.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a little more coverage than the True Match liquid foundation, but it has all the qualities of being very blendable and natural-looking. It also melts into my skin, like the other. It doesn't feel like I have anything on my face. It doesn't seem to be turning to a powder, which I like because my skin is on the dry side now. It's an easy, better-priced replacement for MAC's Studio Tech. It doesn't look cakey or settle in my pores like Studio Tech does sometimes. I wore NW20 in that. In True Match Compact Foundation, N1 disappears on my skin; N2 may be okay also as that is the shade that I can wear in the liquid.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by lexilovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product was just kinda...gross. it goes on as a cream and dries to a powder, but the cream makes my face feel like an oil slick and it never even dried to a powder...it came off every time somethign touched my face and broke me out. what a total waste of birthday money =(