November 26, 2014 | 1798 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by JuliaDominick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For something called "Super Blendable Compact Makeup", this DOES. NOT. BLEND. No matter how many ways I tried (brush, sponge, fingers), it just wouldn't work. One of the worst foundations I've ever tried.
The packaging is awesome, though. Loved the big mirror. But... alas. This was not meant to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by crdimalla

I've been using this product for about a week now, and as many others have already said...the product looks about 2 shades darker in the pan than it does when applied. I originally purchased the N2 shade which looked chalky and white on my light olive skin, so I exchanged it for the N3. I don't think it's a "true" match, but this shade worked much better and the fact the product is so blendable means that even if the shade is slightly off, it wouldn't be TOO hard to fix.

It's nice that L'Oreal makes so many shades in the true match line, but there seems to be a significant jump between the 2 shades and the 3 shades, which could be fixed by buying both and blending but thats definitely not worth the $24 or so.

I liked the consistency and the coverage was somewhere between light and medium depending on how it is applied. The sponge they give you is not TOTAL crap, but do buy a thicker better quality one for the best application. If you're worried about stayability, this product is not for you unless you are willing to put a loose powder over it to set. I personally like a dewy satin finish, so this works well for me at first but is gone by the end of the day. It covers about 65% of my flaws. IMPORTANT: You have to moisturize very very well for this to go on smoothly,dry bits will stand out once the product is on.

Overall, the application is easy and convenient. The price is a little too high for what the product is worth, but it is an easy product to find. I know I could find something better for just a bit more money, I'm going to try and use Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse next.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by xilikeporkx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible, horrible product. First off, I am a loyal fan of L'Oréal cosmetics. I love L'Oréal True Match Super-Blendable Powder and I use it every day in shade N2: Classic Ivory. I also use the liquid, which works wonderfully as well. However, when I saw this come out, I decided to give it a try...after all, it must blend and apply similarly to the powder and liquid true match foundations. I was wrong. This product is horrible at blending. It feels sticky and a little slimy, and you can tell that you are wearing makeup. The shades are also lighter. I got an N2 in this compact makeup, and it does not match the N2 in true match powder. This product is also ridiculously overpriced. I think it was $12 for a pot of this.

Don't try this product unless you keep your receipt to return it later.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by smlrck26

I've tried many foundations and this one stands out amongst them because it doesn't transfer off to anything WHEN I use a primer beforehand and set with a light dusting of powder afterwards. One thing that annoys me is that I really have to work more than usual at blending this in to avoid streaks. With no primer and no powder, the performance of the foundation lessens and it will get on everything plus settle into lines you didn't know you had.

Foundation is hard to review shade-wise but I have used Shell in Clinque's Superfit and I'm about a Light 2 in Maybelline stuff although I realize now that is a bit too warm for my undertone. Cool 2 (Creamy Natural) was a great match but a 2.5 would even be better because the Cool 3 was way too dark for me.

I give it a three though because after a week of light use, I see the metal pan. Not a good value considering the cost of this plus the work I have to put into it to make it work. I'm going to try the liquid and see how that goes.

Note: Liquid C2 left me pasty. Odd considering because the compact version of C2 didn't.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:52:00 AM More reviews by martixbennett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was on sale for $3 (down from $15.99) so I decided to give it a try, hoping it would be similar to my HG Covergirl Aqua Smooth compact. It goes on easily, and blends well, has a nice finish and looked lovely when I walked out the door. However, 30 minutes later after being in a (air conditioned, btw) store in close contact with several people, who happened to be looking at me quite weirdly, I noticed that it had settled into and every line, wrinkle, pore, and crease it possibly could. It also accentuated dry spots and things I didn't even know I had... I've never had this happen with a foundation before! I was quite disgusted, and rather embarrassed! I ended up wiping it off with a tissue in the car... but still couldn't get rid of all the dry spots it made. I cannot believe this product did this. I had such high hopes and have wanted to try the true blend line for quite some time, but was weary. I should have trusted my first instincts. I'm glad I only paid $3 for it. The packaging is ok, I'm not really a fan of compacts that have the mirror on the bottom of the product, and you have to keep flipping it back and forth if you're not sitting in front of a mirror. Save your money on this one, unless you have absolutely flawless skin...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by GreyWarden

I tried this because I wanted a creme foundation for ease of application, and because the number of different shades offered. While I didn' t get to experience it under the best of circumstances I feel it was a decent foundation. While using this the only problem I had was oiliness, which I have found to have been caused by my skin care routine at the time, but now that I have that under control I have been out in the sun enough that the shade I bought (N2) is no longer a good match. This product goes on smoothly and doesn't feel like its there. My number one problem with foundation is being able to feel it on my face and I did not have any such problem with the True Match creme. I can only hope that when I wear it again it will be even better. I wish that more of the drugstore cosmetics companies would offer so many shades organized in such an easy to use manner.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the True Match liquid foundation so I thought I'd try this, but I can't seem to master the application. It always looks uneven or streaky on me, even with a primer. I have to work and work at smoothing it out. I wouldn't really mind if I felt that it looked really great after all that work, but it seems to look a little grey or ghostly on me. I also don't think that it's good for my skin; I feel like the condition of my skin worsens when I use this (I'm not acne-prone, just blackheads and the occasional pimple.) It just doesn't work for me he way the liquid version does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation looked beautiful when first applied. The colour was perfect (MAC NC30 here; I used N3), it evened out my skintone nicely, and it didn't look too heavy. Unfortunately, by the end of the day it had broken up on the oilier parts of my face. Perhaps this would be better for dry skin, as opposed to my annoyingly combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this compact make up in sand beige W5, and i like the color, but the only bad thing is that it does not stay, it fades away quickly. It is not expensive, but basically you get what you pay for. But is better than powder make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Kerstyn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was SO excited when True Match first came out years ago [in liquid form],however quickly disappointed that it just did not offer the fuller-coverage that I needed.Add a few more years to that [aging-wise],acne,sun-damage,pre-mature aging,ect..and I thought I'd really never touch the True Match Line again LOL.

However then I discovered "primer" recently,I settled on the Rimmel brand and I fell-in-love instantly!!! Soooo,I then went back and tried True Match Liquid again,sadly even with the Primer though, I still just did not care for TM Liquid.

But then...the TM Cream Compact form came out,and once again,just because I wanted so badly to try a "true-to-tone" make-up,I found myself back in the TM Isle.I bought Loreal TM Cream Compact in C-3. I was blown-away!!!

It went on SO smoothly and evenly.It's not too often you can say a foundation actually "felt good" going on...but this did! And to my further surprise,it actually gave GOOD COVERAGE.It was not "full" by any means,but...when I applied it over that Primer,it looked amazing!

And the part I really loved too...it felt truly "weightless",like I had nothing on my face.It was not greasy at all,nothing.The finish was not "overly" matte either,which *can* be an issue if you're older [or look older].

Even despite all my facial issues & flaws,it covered well;and it even looked good when I double-checked it outdoors,in natural-lighting.The shade I chose [C-3],was indeed a "perfect/true match" as well.I could not be more pleased with this foundation!!!

If you have anywhere from nice to decent skin,this is perfect for you....but the good news,for those of us who do not,it's now possible [with the addition of a good primer],to wear light to light/medium-coverage foundations as well,as opposed to always having to have full.

And I have to say...even without my Rimmel Primer...that this was still a good foundation,and yes,I have worn it "alone",and was still satisfied with the results,as long as I was not going anywhere special or to work,ect.It far exceeded the LIQUID VERSION of Loreal TM...which I am just not thrilled with...period!

I use this as my every-day foundation now...it has caused NO acne break-outs,even on the rare nights where I'm too lazy to wash my face before bed LOL.

Bottom line..I loved it. I still stick with Revlon Colorstay w/Softflex for days when I am broken-out [cycle-related],or need a fuller-coverage for whatever reason...but thanks to the newer "cream compact",I too,am finally able to enjoy a Loreal True Match Foundation! :-)