L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

2.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Nylon 12, Hydrogenated Jojoba Esters, Vinyl Dimethicone, Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides, Mica, FIL (b32396)

on 10/21/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Ick! I decided to try this one day instead of my usual True Match powder, thinking maybe it had better coverage. But nope, the coverage is the same or less, and it's really greasy! It never dried or "set" on my face and just kinda slid all over the place (and my skin isn't oily). It felt really gross and uncomfortable and looked horrible (cakey, uneven and blotchy as it kept separating on my skin). I exchanged this for my regular powder the next day and never looked back. I would never repurchase!

on 10/11/2010 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I didn't really like this product. The coverage in the ads look good; smooth finish and even. But when you put it on, it turns up a little streaky and can cake in the creases of your face, like at the edges of your nose. The True Match powder is so much better than this product here. I wouldn't buy this again and it wasn't even that cheap in the first place, for a drugstore brand.

First of all, I love this compact style thing, because it gives me a feel of sorta liquid type foundation. it is very sheer, so i don't feel cakey, and it doesn't give me a heavy coverage. the colour was a tiny bit off from my skin tone, but when you put it on, it's sorta as if it adjusts to your colour. I got this very cheap, and would buy this again.

on 10/7/2010 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this last night and just played around with it this morning. First off, the color is dead on. The first foundation I have ever had that matches my skin incredibly well. Second, I used Poractiv primer and of course, I used a light moisturizer. I used my correcting concealer and then applied the cream to powder foundation with a stippling brush. I have rather oily skin, so I waited about 2 minutes and used a finishing powder to set it. Put on some bronzer and cream blush and my face looks great. I have some healing blemishes and they are covered well without looking disgusting. A lot of the time my cover up just make them look gross. I like the finish of this product, but it's only been about 10 minutes that I've had it on. It does feel like I have a lot of make up on my face but all my foundations feel like that. I will edit my review if my opinion changes throughout the day.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Update 9/24/10
The secret to applying this foundation is using a wet synthetic round foundation brush. I use the one from ecotools.

Original post:
The shade C1 Alabaster is the best color match for my skin that I've ever found in any type of foundation, and that's the only reason that I put in the effort to apply this (I'm an extremely pale redhead, NW 5 or so).This foundation has to be applied to exfoliated skin or else every bit of dry skin will stand out. I use the Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Toner-see my review.

I put on my Korres Quercetin and Oak Primer and then I apply the foundation with a wet sponge. You have to do parts of your face at a time (nose, forehead, etc.), and re-wet your sponge for every area, to avoid caking. Then I top it with ELF's HD powder. I've never met a cream foundation that stays without primer and powder. The coverage is very buildable if you're careful to re-wet your sponge every time. I would say the finish is semi-matte.

I took one lippie off for the tendency towards caking, which MAC's mineralize SPF 15 foundation and Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse didn't have-but they don't match my skin like the L'Oreal!

on 8/11/2010 11:17:00 PM

For something called "Super Blendable Compact Makeup", this DOES. NOT. BLEND. No matter how many ways I tried (brush, sponge, fingers), it just wouldn't work. One of the worst foundations I've ever tried.
The packaging is awesome, though. Loved the big mirror. But... alas. This was not meant to be.

on 8/11/2010 11:11:00 PM

I've been using this product for about a week now, and as many others have already said...the product looks about 2 shades darker in the pan than it does when applied. I originally purchased the N2 shade which looked chalky and white on my light olive skin, so I exchanged it for the N3. I don't think it's a "true" match, but this shade worked much better and the fact the product is so blendable means that even if the shade is slightly off, it wouldn't be TOO hard to fix.

It's nice that L'Oreal makes so many shades in the true match line, but there seems to be a significant jump between the 2 shades and the 3 shades, which could be fixed by buying both and blending but thats definitely not worth the $24 or so.

I liked the consistency and the coverage was somewhere between light and medium depending on how it is applied. The sponge they give you is not TOTAL crap, but do buy a thicker better quality one for the best application. If you're worried about stayability, this product is not for you unless you are willing to put a loose powder over it to set. I personally like a dewy satin finish, so this works well for me at first but is gone by the end of the day. It covers about 65% of my flaws. IMPORTANT: You have to moisturize very very well for this to go on smoothly,dry bits will stand out once the product is on.

Overall, the application is easy and convenient. The price is a little too high for what the product is worth, but it is an easy product to find. I know I could find something better for just a bit more money, I'm going to try and use Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse next.

on 8/11/2010 7:21:00 AM

Horrible, horrible product. First off, I am a loyal fan of L'Oréal cosmetics. I love L'Oréal True Match Super-Blendable Powder and I use it every day in shade N2: Classic Ivory. I also use the liquid, which works wonderfully as well. However, when I saw this come out, I decided to give it a try...after all, it must blend and apply similarly to the powder and liquid true match foundations. I was wrong. This product is horrible at blending. It feels sticky and a little slimy, and you can tell that you are wearing makeup. The shades are also lighter. I got an N2 in this compact makeup, and it does not match the N2 in true match powder. This product is also ridiculously overpriced. I think it was $12 for a pot of this.

Don't try this product unless you keep your receipt to return it later.

on 7/17/2010 11:40:00 PM

I've tried many foundations and this one stands out amongst them because it doesn't transfer off to anything WHEN I use a primer beforehand and set with a light dusting of powder afterwards. One thing that annoys me is that I really have to work more than usual at blending this in to avoid streaks. With no primer and no powder, the performance of the foundation lessens and it will get on everything plus settle into lines you didn't know you had.

Foundation is hard to review shade-wise but I have used Shell in Clinque's Superfit and I'm about a Light 2 in Maybelline stuff although I realize now that is a bit too warm for my undertone. Cool 2 (Creamy Natural) was a great match but a 2.5 would even be better because the Cool 3 was way too dark for me.

I give it a three though because after a week of light use, I see the metal pan. Not a good value considering the cost of this plus the work I have to put into it to make it work. I'm going to try the liquid and see how that goes.

Note: Liquid C2 left me pasty. Odd considering because the compact version of C2 didn't.

I bought this because it was on sale for $3 (down from $15.99) so I decided to give it a try, hoping it would be similar to my HG Covergirl Aqua Smooth compact. It goes on easily, and blends well, has a nice finish and looked lovely when I walked out the door. However, 30 minutes later after being in a (air conditioned, btw) store in close contact with several people, who happened to be looking at me quite weirdly, I noticed that it had settled into and every line, wrinkle, pore, and crease it possibly could. It also accentuated dry spots and things I didn't even know I had... I've never had this happen with a foundation before! I was quite disgusted, and rather embarrassed! I ended up wiping it off with a tissue in the car... but still couldn't get rid of all the dry spots it made. I cannot believe this product did this. I had such high hopes and have wanted to try the true blend line for quite some time, but was weary. I should have trusted my first instincts. I'm glad I only paid $3 for it. The packaging is ok, I'm not really a fan of compacts that have the mirror on the bottom of the product, and you have to keep flipping it back and forth if you're not sitting in front of a mirror. Save your money on this one, unless you have absolutely flawless skin...

Popular Crème Foundations