April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Emilygig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite foundation, beautiful coverage, love the consistency, lasting power and the bottle is awesome. I am acne prone and I also have eczema so sometimes I can get dry. The day before I went to Mac I was reading about the Studio Fix and thinking this would be the best for me, I went there and the lovely lady asked me about my skin and she pulled out the Studio Sculpt in NC25 and I turned my nose because it just looked that little bit too dark, she then said no you might be a NC20, which matches perfectly!
I've been using this for the past 3 weeks and been getting complements on how flawless my face looks. When I'm having a bad day I sometimes put two layers and it does not at all cake up! Sometimes if I leave my make up on for too long I can break out, this hasn't happened once.
Somedays I go back to some of my drugstore make up and it isn't the same.

I give pricing 5/5 even thou I thought I paid $47, I paid $52 for it. The over all quality and quantity (40ml) is very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not understand how people say they don't get any coverage with this?! I applied this only using my fingers as soon as the UPS man dropped it off and I was AMAZED. After having so many MAC products, this is my first MAC foundation. I only used drugstore foundations before. I have normal skin, and some dryness around my nose. This is an OUTSTANDING foundation. There was not a single sign of redness from my cheeks at all when I applied this. I hate matte foundations, they look so patchy and horrible on me. (Looking at you, CoverGirl 3 in 1) And this finish is perfect for me! You can add more to certain areas and it looks amazing. I could even go without setting this with anything. It isn't oily or anything at all. I did buy MSF Natural in Light when I bought this online, to be safe, since everyone said that it needed to be set with something! I wear this in NC15, and I was so afraid it would be too dark! It matched perfectly! I just made sure that I did a lot of research on my skin coloring before choosing which foundation. I wasn't too sure if I was an NC or NW. I knew NW would be too pink, and I didn't want to accentuate my red cheeks! (I bought this online because my nearest MAC counter is about 35 minutes away, and I'm 16, and nobody at the MAC counter knows my skin like I do, soooo.) Also, a lot of people here say it transfers, but mine didn't transfer on anything more than any other foundation that I've tried. If you are reading this review because you want to make sure that you choose the right foundation for you, GO FOR IT. The only thing is that it may not be for you if you have EXTREMELY oily skin. You would want to get a matte foundation, and this isn't matte. I see this being able to work on everyone else though, it's the best foundation I have came across! Oh, and I love the packaging! I love how you can control how much comes out, way easier than trying to control a pump! The smell is better than any drugstore foundation that I've tried. I've read other reviews where they say it smells almost like a sweet paint smell, and it does. The paint smell isn't a harsh paint smell though. The foundation smells good to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkpastels

this is my first mac foundation. i like the consistency, the color matches perfectly to my skin (nc30 for reference), it feels light and lasts all day for me. the only problem is setting. to me it still feels wet on my face for a while after applying. i applied it with a beauty blender and the sonia kashuk flat top but it still feels wet. maybe it is because the formula is more moisturizing than my other foundations. to me its not that much of a big deal, i just dont want to apply powder and feel cakey but i dont end up looking cakey. as another member mentioned transfer is a con for me, especially because i talk on the phone so much. i love the finish, its medium to full, but i still have to use a concealer underneath for very dark acne scars but i dont mind, they always peek through no matter what foundation i use. i do recieve lots of compliments on my skin when using this foundation though so i will repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by marlybreij

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation works so well for my skin. I have dry skin, and this foundation does not accentuate dry patches or anything.
I’m an NC20 and I think almost everyone can find a matching colour at MAC, so that won’t be any problem.
The foundation gives you full coverage, you probably won’t need a concealer to conceal your blemishes or anything.
I absolutely adore this foundation, though there is one thing I don’t like. And that’s the price. Yup, it’s quite expensive.
Would I buy this product again? Nope. It’s not because I don’t like the foundation, cause I absolutely adore it, but I don’t need the full coverage. There are other foundations that work for me, that are cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I have medium-toned olive, dry skin, and am NC37 for reference.
For years now I have been an avid user of Mac's Studio Fix Fluid foundation. I do love this foundation, but since I have dry skin, it can accentuate my dryness a little, particularly in the wintertime.
I thought I'd check out Mac's Studio Sculpt. They don't carry this in NC37 as far as I know, so I was matched to NC40. I don't believe there's a huge difference in colour between the two, on me at least, so the shade upgrade didn't bother me.
I absolutely adore this foundation. It gives a satin finish - not quite matte, not quite dewy, but the perfect in-between. Although it is quite a thick foundation (think almost paste-like in consistency), I find it is quite blendable, especially with something like the Real Techniques' Buffing Brush.
Now I bought this overseas, and even then it cost about $30. Here in Australia it retails for $52, which is so expensive! Therefore, I use this foundation sparingly, and dread the day it runs out and I have to repurchase... (I know I will though, I love it that much!)
If you're looking for a foundation that is going to smooth out your skin and give you a gorgeous, youthful glow, I would definitely recommend Studio Sculpt.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sclaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the consistency, the packaging, the satin finish and it lasts ages on my very dry skin but the colour is kind of pink and I do not like it very much,as I prefer yellow based foundations. The price I think it´s quite expensive but it lasts for ages as I only use a small amount of it to cover my face. The big no no for me is the colour, if it was more yellow I would absolutely adore it! It hydratates my skin in such a lovely way!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by beccaflynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

would i buy it again? HELL. NO. i would rather wipe poop on my face because i think it would look better than this foundation. awful consistency, awful staying power, AWFUL colour (oxidises like CRAZY) literally i came on here before buying and i read the good and the bad reveiws and as per usual i was swayed by the ravings of hardcore mac queens promising this was a holy grail foundation sent from the heavens above that every girl needed in her life. so i ignored the bad reveiws, thinking i would be one of the lucky ones who had found her perfect foundation after years of searching.

well let me tell you, this foundation is disgusting. D.I.S.G.U.S.T.I.N.G. it goes on your face sticky, and despite layers of powder on top, it stays sticky all day. transfers onto everything your face comes into contact with.- clothes, phone, even OTHER PEOPLE WHEN YOU HUG THEM. honestly, i hugged my friend and he ended up with my foundation on his collar. gross.
it seperates like you wouldnt believe and goes patchy. it turns orange within an hour, it broke me out in painful cystic acne nodules under the skin that lasted weeks and are still healing. like i literally refused to go out for a week because my skin was so horrific. if you rub it in AT ALL, it just completely rubs of your face so you even up looking patchy. this particularly happened around my EYE BROWS?? i just had rings of white skin around my eyebrows and white patches on my cheeks and forhead and then orange greasy sticky skin everywhere else.
honestly, the worst foundation ive ever used.
please, save yourself £24 and a skin nightmare

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by sniffer123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

PROS: Very buildable, and with a stippling brush, can create an airbrushed look - concealer not required

CONS: Even after I set this with loose powder, the foundation comes off - like I have foundation marks on my cellphone. Can't be used in a very humid weather as it melts. It also doesn't sink into my skin.

Not again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Beautylicious7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thisl b quite long but 100% honest! so ill break it down :)

*** my mindset Before i bought it ***
i was sickkk of this stupid acne spots blemish crapp that i wanted a GOOD foundation to wear only on cheeks & chin, instead of spending 30mins or more putting MacStudioFixConcealer on all blemishes ( n it wipes off when u blend it ) instead of going to my trusty DRUGSTORE foundations.... i decided MAC wud b highhhhh quality.

*** Journey to MAC shop ***
That day, i shaved my arm. LOL. (ull c y i said this later). i also took the 'find ur perfect foundation' mac quiz on their site which said this foundation should be mine. i went to mac n tried on the colours on my arm. NC25 was my perfect shade :) . AND THEN........ small areas of my hand started itching/red n extremely minor bumps. was that bcuz of the old shaver used, or mac ? i think both. dissapeared tho.

*** 1ST DAY TRYING THE PRODUCT ! ***
I was happy it was 'studio sculpt' bcuz their concealer used to b PERFECTNESS untill they discontinued it!!! I put the foundation on my face with a stippling brush. ddnt even know how to. anyway, no matter how i done it, or how much i put, THE COVERAGE IS NOT EVEN COVERAGE! wtf!!!! i can still see every mark & spot! ALSO, MY FACE STARTED ITCHING FROM THE INGREDIENTS! went away after 30mins. never happend b4 in my life. i want to return it!!

** 2nd Day **

decided to put it on with my fingers this time. i swear, this isnt high quality! again, no coverage. no matter how much i tried to 'build it up' . i still took a long time to apply concealer over it - in the end my skin looked like i had no coverage :( !!!!!!

***** MY ADVICE *****
I HATED THIS! i swer, i would rather use loreal or maybelline or even a bb cream! this isnt medium or full coverage at all :/ either ive forgotten how to put foundation on or this is just bad. !!!!!! i pray that i can return this because theres no point! the results? theres no results!!! thers no full coverage!!! :( !!!!

dont buy it (especially if your profile matches mine) !!!

******************LAST DAYS OF USING IT*******
i had enough :) at the end of the day or just HRS LATER.... the foundation would cake up n u will begin to see ur acne skin underneath. !!! EVEN IF I APPLIED THE THINNEST AMOUNT IN THE MORNING! RETURNED IT N GOT REFUNDED THANK GOD

####### What i use now ########
i went back to my old Revlon Photoready liquid in 004 nude. its that good! see my review if it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by hannahbanana13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the foundation, it gives a full-coverage look and you dont need very much although it is more expensive i have had the same one for months ! it works wonderful with the MAC foundation brush and gives a nice look. its is so creamy and mouse like that it does not get every where during application ! i would recommend this ! I used it for my wedding and it looked flawless in my pictures and lasted ALL day, i dont see where people are saying it has only lasted a few hours cause mine lasted the tears, snow, and endless hugs and kisses ! I have had the same bottle since February with still a wile left in the bottle ! I LOVED IT