August 30, 2014 | 1798 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by RHartyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging for this foundation is fantastic and out of all the foundations i've tried the best packaging because you can squeeze every last drop out unlike most premium foundations. However i have normal/combination skin. Like most people my T-zone tends to get slightly oily but it was never to bad before using this product. Because it was gel based foundation i felt that as the day went on my make up would start to melt off even if i had finished with powder which is a MUST with this foundation. My skin constantly looked really oily and my face would never last. If you have problem skin DO NOT use this product. If you have normal skin and like a dewy look then it might be okay for you but you have to finish with powder or it will not stay. Also i wouldnt recommend using every day, all the time because after a while it started to give me problematic skin. Hope this review was useful!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this foundation after reading reviews in the hope it would be good for dry skin, the packaging is nice for a foundation and its easy to control how much you use also for someone who likes the foundation you get a good amount for your money 10ml more than a standard 30ml bottle of foundation. The foundation itself i found to be far to thick for my skin it does feel soft and gel like but it didn't do much for my dry skin and I found it hard to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

first a big no no for oily skin.your face will definitely looks horrible..great for dry and normal to slightly combination skin.really advicable to set with powder.finish is satiny and medium to buildable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

one of the worst foundations I have tried. so oily, does not blend well and it clings to every little imperfection you have on ur skin

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by m3talmary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. I have rosey cheeks and it does a good job when it comes to coverage. There is a downside. It's thick. Think twice about scratching your face cause it'll be globbed up in your nail.
The only time I wear this foundation is on special occasions and I set it with the studio fix powder. I'm a college student and it lasts throughout the night when drinking and chilling with friends. Not a hint of red is seen in my cheeks(:
I will continue to buy this makeup
I love mac

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LilyAlice93

This is the foundation that I use every single day. I use it because I have active acne and scarring and this foundation really does well covering them up. I used to wear Studio fix fluid for about two years and in that time period, I tried out Studio sculpt. I found that it made me look fake and washed out (this was when I didn't suffer from acne) I continued wearing studio fix fluid untill a few months ago I decided to give this foundation another go. I love the foundation but I do find that after a few hours is starts to seperate and really clings to my dry patches (I have very dry skin) I apply this foundation with either my fingers or my 191 MAC foundation brush which helps to not have a cakey and layered feeling on my skin. I highly recommend this to people with acne related skin problems as I feel a lot more confident wearing this. I have just orderd Estee Lauder maximum coverage foundation online, so hopefully it matches up to this one....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Love this!! I wear this in NW35 and I love the file it gives my skin. However I do find it slips and by the end of the day my face has slipped onto my neck!! To avoid this I use a No7 primer, then a really light base of Estée Lauder double wear in 3N1 then use Mac on top!(sounds like a lot but I literally use a pea-size amount of Estée as a light base) the Mac studio sculpt gives me a lovely light glowy finish making my skin look healthy and fresh, the Estée beneath it stops any slipping! I use the real techniques stippling brush to apply and this gives it a lovely, even finish 😊

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyDay2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to a MAC counter for a new foundation. I told her I have oily skin, but don't like matte finishes. She recommended me this, the first foundation of MAC I've tried and I don't really like it.

What I dislike most about it, is that it doesn't blend into the skin. It gives me a mask sort of feeling. It's a heavy foundation and has a little bit of a mousse-like consistency. To apply, I switch between real techniques buffer brush and real techniques stippling brush, and I like the buffer brush slightly better for application. The staying power is not great, cause it lies on the skin more than blend in, but with a good primer and finishing spray it's okay.

After I powdered my face, my blush still applies somewhat streaky. I don't know what it is, but my full face makeup cant seem to turn out flawlessly.

It comes in a tube, what I do like about the packaging. You can squeeze the tube until you have the desired amount, which is harder with foundations in a pump packaging.
After you think you finished it, you can cut the tube in half, cause there's still a generous amount of foundation left in the tube.

I will never buy this foundation again, it's not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

This was my first mac foundation and was desperate to find something that would cover my hyper pigmentation , acne scarring and redness. I also have quite dry skin so the woman recommended this foundation as it is meant to give a full coverage plus moisturise. I went home and tried it and it just wasn't working for me at all. I tried the real techniques stippling brush, foundation brush, sponge it didn't work. That's when I purchased the real techniques expert face brush. The foundation was then able to cover up all my scarring and redness leaving a lovely dewy finish to my dry skin. I love this foundation now and definitely am glad I bought it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by MiniAndBoss

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! At first, I was super weary of purchasing the foundation due to all the horror stories I had heard about MAC foundations. However, after trying a sample and not experiencing any breakouts, I decided to buy it. The foundation is 40 mLs or 1.3 oz. and comes in a squeeze tube. It is $31 as of September 2013.

I have normal/combo skin, with an oily nose and dry cheeks and chin. This foundation makes my skin look like.. well, better skin! It has a very natural, satin finish and it provides a medium coverage that can be built up. I apply the foundation using a flat top buffer brush, and a little goes a long way. I do not have acne aside from the monthly 1 or 2 pimples but I do have redness and uneven skintone on my cheeks and chin. I usually find that one coat does the trick for me, and I am incredibly happy with how my face looks with this foundation on.

This foundation does have a weird smell, but the smell does not last once applied. The formula is thicker, almost a cream, but I find that it doesn't accentuate my dry patches like some liquid or powder foundations can do. This foundation does not oxidize on me, and I find the color NC20 is very well matched for my light-medium yellow undertoned skin. I always set my foundation with powder, but I actually prefer how my skin looks without the powder when I wear this foundation. It just gives me that nice healthy-skinned glow without appearing greasy. The wear time is great, I can get about 8 hours out of it before it starts looking kind of patchy around my mouth.

I've been wearing this foundation for 2 weeks now, and it works great for the colder weather. I do not think that this foundation would work for the months, however. It has a very moisturizing formula that I see could melt off my face when it gets hot.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with this foundation, and I can see this being a staple in the colder months.