July 28, 2014 | 1941 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by breannalynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking FORVEVER for a go-to mascara from a company that is cruelty-free and most recently tried Buxom. The formula of this mascara is fairly thin, but is ok to build on. It doesn't do amazing things for my lashes, which are pretty thick and moderately long (but really light and straight), so the name is misleading. The brush is really big, so I end up getting mascara all over my top lid. It held up to 8 hours of wear ok, but anything beyond that it started to smudge and then flake. It's also pretty expensive. *sigh* The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by smilejosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mascara is one of the best that I have used . I hated that i could never find a mascara that would not fall and make me look like a raccoon.This mascara does not fall and makes my stubby eyelashes look fantastic at one point i fell asleep while wear it and it still looked great .At $19 a pop its a little expensive but worth having for clubbing or special events.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

I got this for free with a Sephora order & it sat around for a while before I ran out of my previous mascara. I wasn't too sure if I'd like it becuase the wand is so big and I wasnt use to using such a large wand. Well, all I can say is WOW!!! I FINALLY found my holly grail mascara. WOOOHOOO I actually pair this w/the lancome primer and it is just amazing. On all day, no dropping, no flaking, just awesome eye lashes. I have decent lashes as it is, but when I started using this, my friends asked if I was wearing false eye lashes. That's how much more ooomph I got. I wish it was cheaper, but since I'm in love w/it, I'll stop my search for the perfect mascara & just stick with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail mascara! I don't buy it every time I run out because it is pricey. But it works sooo well. Lengthens like a dream without clumps. And it truly is super black - I hate it when I buy a mascara in black and it comes out more...charcoaley. I get compliments on my lashes when I wear it, and honestly without mascara, they're nothing special. My only complaint is that the formula does take a while to dry so be careful not to smudge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample of Buxom lash from Sephora a while back. It's not something I ever would have bought on my own. Admittedly, the sample sat in its box for many months before I opened it. I was so surprised by this mascara when I finally tried it-- I actually love it!

Idk what is going on, but my eyes have gotten SO sensitive lately. I can't use 9/10 mascaras without severe eye irritation. My eyes itch and burn so badly I have to take out my contacts and wash my face to be able to see. I haven't been able to pinpoint which ingredients are causing the problem, and on top of that I am VERY picky about wands. I honestly really hate silicone wands and prefer regular bristles (hence the reason I took so long to open this mascara and try it). So finding a good mascara is tough.

This mascara isn't phenomenal. The wand is good at coating lashes and keeping them separated (no tarantula eyes!), however, for a mascara called "Buxom" it doesn't really deliver. It's good at defining lashes, not so much at increasing volume. Compared to original Diorshow, for instance, this mascara is ineffective at thickening. Compared to Maybelline Lash Stiletto or any mascara that contains fibers or tubes, Buxom does not do a good job at lengthening either. It's good for just a basic, natural look.

But the reason I love this mascara is that it doesn't flake or smudge, it stays put all day. And it doesn't irritate my eyes whatsoever and I'm at a point where pretty much everything else is causing allergic reactions. I also like that I don't need to comb my lashes with this-- it doesn't clump. For these reasons I would repurchase. There's apparently a few versions of Buxom with different wands. I think next time I will try the one with the more spread-out bristles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara for really producing wow lashes for me....I have short, straight, not very thick lashes, and I absolutely love it! The only negative I have, is the brush took some getting used too....it is oversized, and at first, I made a mess out of myself until I got used to it....I wish they would make the formula with a Teddy Bear brush so to say, as I like that kind...but this is just as good if not better thand Dior....better price too!!!!!
Another bonus, it does not dry out like alot of mascaras tend to do....I have had the same tube for quite along while, and only use it when I am am really "Dolling" up.....I like that as well.....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by 057Yasminh

Best mascara ever! My lashes are full and long after two strokes. No smudges, flaking, or stickness. This product deserves a five star!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by aishahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara. I have been far and wide for a mascara that gives me that doll-eye look- full and thick lashes without clumps! This is IT! Worth the price tag! A couple of coats and I can't even believe those are my lashes- Long, Dark and Thick with no clumpy bits or smearing. Lasts a long time too, and actual handled some tears once. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although I still love my YSL Faux Cils mascara (truly my HG mascara), I was really pleasantly surprised by the Buxom Lash. I bought it b/c it was much cheaper than my YSL (19 vs 30 USD) and the wand seemed pretty cool.

There truly is no clumps with this as promised, and it does lengthen and define your lashes. I do need a few more coats than with YSL, but I like how each coat defines without making it look gross and clumpy and it maintains a good curl (I have long straight asian lashes). Just follow the quick directions on the box. Don't need to comb my lashes through. Does make my lashes feel slightly stiffer than my YSL, but lashes still look good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

What a nice surprise that it works so well because it came in a kit and I didn't think it was going to be anything special but was I wrong (I love when makeup surprises me!). This mascara makes my lashes dark black, thick, long, fluttery, and best of all-NO CLUMPS!
I think the trick to making this mascara work is you need two+ coats:
1. First do your first coat using the wand horizontally on both eyes.
2. Then for the second coat, use the tip of the wand to pull through your lashes and repeat on the other eye, concentrating on the outer lashes for a cat eye effect.
3. Finally, turn the wand back horizontally and do a quick sweep on both eyes.
This may sound like a lot of steps, but it is actually a quick process and pretty full proof for dark long separated lashes with no clumping. When I use this mascara, I don't even have to comb through with an eyelash comb to seperate.

I also love the fact this mascara is very easy to wash off at night, has no fragrance, doesn't irritate my eyes, and doesn't run. I will definitely repurchase when this tube is done!