October 21, 2014 | 1607 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - buxom lash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Both the black and the blue noir Buxom mascaras deliver thick, intensely colored lashes. However, there's quite a difference in quality between the two colors. The black mascara is wonderful: no clumps, applies smoothly, great color, and wears well even without primer. The blue noir is actually brighter than navy but not cartoon-like, so it accents my brown eyes very nicely. However, no matter how careful I am, the smudges without fail every time: to compound the problem, the smudges are electric blue, not a subtler navy or darker color. Also, the formula of the blue noir also doesn't seem to thicken as well as the black does.

The rating is a 4 because I'm averaging the two: the black deserves the 5 and then some, but the blue noir only rates a 3 because of its inferior quality. That is something that BE should look into.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by dogdaze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in some Sephora promo or other and I really like the brush as there is virtually no clumping w/this product. No flaking either, decent volume and some lengthening. It's nice and black; However...the smudging is out of control. Yes, I wipe the brush first and yes even with a tubing mascara over it it still smudges. Too bad b/c otherwise I might repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got to use this in a Sephora Lash Stash kit and I'm glad I did but I still keep using a fiber mascara (Fiberwig LX) over it for that added oomph. Yes this lifts,separates, and holds a curl very well. I also like how it doesn't flake and it makes my lashes soft. I like the wand as well. I have pretty decent eye lashes but I like mascara a lot lol so I do put the d.j.v. beautenizer over it because it gives so much yet, it's just not enough on it's own for me.

As an everyday mascara I would use this without a doubt. I really like the formula and so far am really loving it compared to other brands I have tried. I would buy this again because let's face it...it's a darn good product and I'm a mascara junkie. So to me it's never enough lol.

Really though it's excellent and I would repurchase it because it does so much. With a lash primer it's pretty awesome I do recommend a primer for anyone unless you have to be subdued at work but if you can go all out use the primer with it because your lashes will look so good with this mascara. Heck they will look good with or without primer it's a undeniably great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by blushinglara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have long thin lashes and this mascara paired with a primer is the BEST!!! Its dark, buildable and keeps my lashes separate so they dont clump into a sticky mess - ive probably tried 20 other equally expensive and promising mascaras..and this is by far the best!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by bebedejuin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I had never heard of Buxom before going to Sephora but I liked the look of the brush and at the urging of my mom who was shopping with me, I splurged and bought it. Like I said, I like the chunky brush and feel like it applies easily. I also love how it's darn near impossible to clump this mascara. My Revlon Grow Luscious mascara yields a similar look but at the expense of easily clumped lashes. Buxom's formula goes on smoothly and you can get by with a single coat but can just as easily layer the coats for an even more dramatic look. My naturally thin, short lashes look volumized, defined, and lengthened! So this is what it's like to have a high end mascara! Also, not sure if there's a waterproof formula but this stuff washes off very easily. If I forget to wash it off at night, it'll be mostly gone by morning...yet it lasts all day at work!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was a very natural looking mascara. I would rate it a 3.5 if I could.
It has a plastic wand that separated and defined my lashes. There was absolutely NO CLUMPS! It was easy to apply and to coat every lash.
My problem with this is that it didn't do much for my thin eyelashes. I would apply about 1 coat to each eye and usually that is all it takes for my other mascaras to add drama and definition to my lashes, but with this, not so much.
The formula was light, clean, and the packaging is amazing. It cleans the mascara wand of excess product!
Good product for defining and a natural look, would work better if it was paired with a volumizing mascara. Not worth the price and would not repurchase. Not the right mascara for me but it was pretty good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by absinthe27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite mascara; completely coats the lashes in one coat and separates really well. Only thing I don't like is that I get the dreaded mascara "shadow" under my eyebrows from where my eyelashes hit. I have only noticed this with the last two tubes I have purchased though, so maybe they changed the formula recently...not sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by breannalynn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been looking FORVEVER for a go-to mascara from a company that is cruelty-free and most recently tried Buxom. The formula of this mascara is fairly thin, but is ok to build on. It doesn't do amazing things for my lashes, which are pretty thick and moderately long (but really light and straight), so the name is misleading. The brush is really big, so I end up getting mascara all over my top lid. It held up to 8 hours of wear ok, but anything beyond that it started to smudge and then flake. It's also pretty expensive. *sigh* The search continues.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by smilejosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mascara is one of the best that I have used . I hated that i could never find a mascara that would not fall and make me look like a raccoon.This mascara does not fall and makes my stubby eyelashes look fantastic at one point i fell asleep while wear it and it still looked great .At $19 a pop its a little expensive but worth having for clubbing or special events.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

I got this for free with a Sephora order & it sat around for a while before I ran out of my previous mascara. I wasn't too sure if I'd like it becuase the wand is so big and I wasnt use to using such a large wand. Well, all I can say is WOW!!! I FINALLY found my holly grail mascara. WOOOHOOO I actually pair this w/the lancome primer and it is just amazing. On all day, no dropping, no flaking, just awesome eye lashes. I have decent lashes as it is, but when I started using this, my friends asked if I was wearing false eye lashes. That's how much more ooomph I got. I wish it was cheaper, but since I'm in love w/it, I'll stop my search for the perfect mascara & just stick with this one.